Daily reminder this game is THE gold standard when it comes to Star Wars storytelling

Daily reminder this game is THE gold standard when it comes to Star Wars storytelling

I tried to play the first one but it's so clunky. I'll give it another go and then play the sequel, this time I'll try to find some mods for playability.

And it wasn't even finished when released.

If the Sith were real and you had to face them. Nihilus would by far be the most intimidating.

No, it's supposed to be refreshingly different.

He was underwhelming desu

>facing the Sith
Jedi scum

He is basically a walking black hole. But unlike real ones he dowsn't evaporate he just grows bigger.

He was basically invincible against every Jedi except the exile, so you'd be dead anyway.

>literally eats planets

Yup, checks out

No its useless neckbeard pandering.
SW is a scifi fantasy that has clear distinctions between good evil (light side dark side ofcourse) but Obsidian had to make a buggy half finished game centered around "muh grey jedi" to make manchildren feel intellectual for playing it.

Get ye gone soyboy

Implying I wouldn't join the Sith like a true patrician.

Literally a Gary Stu character, so OP it's stupid. This is why the EU got stripped, because of retarded characters like this.

>lol Darth Insanius is such a stupid name Lucas was a fucking hack all along
>wow Darth Nihilus is so cool

It’s shit

Except for Dooku and Palpatine (before his face melted) the Sith are all spooky as fuck.

Honestly Nihilus is pretty lame and simple, and only really works because he's a complete foil to the Exile
Sion was really cool though

>that time faggot darth krayt tried to get nihilus, bane, and addendu to teach them his secrets
>they all shit talk him, even nihilus gets in on it with his weird sith speak

nihilus a best

Not really. He had one massive strength but that was it, it just happened to be a hard counter to force users. Revan is more of a gary stu. Nihilus had a background and reason for being. He was more of a plot device than a character in the game anyway.

if that's what you took from KOTOR 2 you really weren't paying much attention at all

KoTOR 2 had pretty much the most intimidating villains. Sion had a pretty amazing voice, and Nihilus' weirdspeak also had its own atmosphere.

*stomach growling noises*

It's not centred around it, it's mostly one character who brings it up. You can still behave like a Jedi or Sith throughout the game, it's just interesting to get a new in-universe perspective.

your shit

Kreia was there to offer a different viewpoint. You could tell her she was wrong or to fuck off pretty much all the time. Don't know why people act like what she says is "fact", she was just there to give you another view and make you think about your actions. It didn't necessarily mean you had to take her word for it.

kotor 1 was a better sw story.
kotor tries too hard to be pretentiously deconstructionist

Do I need to play KoTOR 1 to understand 2 or can I just play 2

>game
>storytelling
as someone who has played games for nearly 30 years, fuck off

You should play kotor 1 to better appreciate kotor 2. And also, it is very good on its own.

Yeah exactly. She has some interesting things to say but is also wrong about a lot of shit and is ultimately the villain.

Nah, see

The entire plot of 2 basically revolves around a character from 1, so I'd definitely recommend playing the first before 2

More or less. 2nd is the better game though.

Playing 1 before would make 2 better. Similar planets and characters. You'd understand what a lot of characters are talking much more.

But technically you could go straight 2, it's a new story. Just a lot of references to 1.

Sounds like you've only played bad games ya simp

>ultimately the villain
>t. a failure, completely and utterly

I bought KOTOR1/2 on steam a few months ago, thinking I would replay it, but it was just too clunky. I think I'll give it another shot, I remember it being so damn good.

Great great plot. Only Avellone could go beyond: jedi good - sith bad. Its terribly writen in the sense you cant realy get it through one playthrough, so obtuse and convoluted.

Kotor 1 is all pro grey jedi.

Kotor 2 straight up tells you that the force sucks and the only 'grey' jedi are either ones that have realised that or the ones that are busy falling to the dark side.

Ultimately the antagonist, then.

i played kotor 2 first, and then one. actually enjoyed it that way more.

Kreia was right all along.

I would love to argue the opposite if TLJ didn't just come out and tell us that Rey was created to balance the force out. (which is such shitty writing.)

t. never listened to the dialogue
you probably never gained or lost the necessary influence either

if EA were smart they would have DICE remaster these games with their engine and sound designers, requires very little work on the part of the shitty game designers and it would be easy money

Is it just because force storm is op? You can still do force wave. Lifedrain is essential in the final boss fight to make malak your bitch.

Why don't KOTOR 2 fags praise TLJ for shitting on Luke and the OT?

KotoR2 doesn't shit on the OT it just provides a different viewpoint, which you can accept or reject, and is coherent within the universe.
TLJ was badly written and tried too hard to subvert everything instead of trying to feel like Star Wars.

KotoR2 doesn't shit on the source material.

>tfw we could have star wars movies set in old republic
>instead we got new trilogy which doesn't make any fucking sense and shits on Lucas legacy

If only

who gives a shit about different theological viewpoints in starwars and trying to apply jedi morality to our own conception of subjective morality?
thats not the basis for a hero/villain narrative

Stasis field is as op as lightning storm, even more really since it works on everyone even Treyus

>why isn't it like muh marvel star wars movies with a clear hero/villain storyline

m-my shit?

There is a good hero/villain narrative. You don't want every companion to be a 1:1 of your last crew though do you? That's where the different viewpoints matter.

You clearly understood nothing about the game or its fan base.

They should really just rerelease all the old games with new graphics. Would be right up their quick cashgrab ally too. New old Jedi Knight games, Kotor 1 and 2, Tie fighter and X-Wing even fucking rebellion.

Would you even want one with Kathleen kennedy and whatever patsy she got to implement her agenda with?

They do recap KotOR 1 in 2 through some dialog but it's all very vague and ambiguous due to the choices players can make in 1.
>Atton: Reven, she destroyed the Sith and Jedi
>Exile: Wasn't Reven a guy?
>Atton: Eh? I dunno. Whatever.

How bout you enlighten us then.
I know there are edgelords who think it's darker and smarter than it really is, if that's what you mean by the fanbase, but it's still a good game.

Disney will cash in on KOTOR and make a trilogy. Guaranteed

Of course Revan's top general would know, but she doesn't want to reveal who she was.

Say what you want about the EU, but this shit beats anything that has come out of Disney's ass.

I can't and didn't actually play it.

>turn based combat
this semen slurping simulator isn't for me bro

>playing shitty games with shitty stories for 30 years
Why do that to yourself?

*the shit sequel to THE gold standard of star wars storytelling

>confirmed for never played

Fuck off with your edgy fanfic, Avellone.

>A deconstructionist Star Wars game
>if EA were smart they would have DICE remaster these games

Come on, son. You already know people would rather play something like EA Battlefront than KOTOR.

>should I play/watch/read the first before the second
Kill yourself, retard.

>actually enjoyed it that way more.
how do you know you enjoyed it more than the way you didn't do?

>subjective morality
>hero/villain narrative
I'm guessing you're the kind of person who says "morality is just a point of view," followed by, "but (killing people/fucking men/being Jewish/whatever) is definitely wrong."

is it better to go to the movies in the morning or at midnight?

The new Battlefront sold like shit and both KotoR were extremely popular and sold a lot.

They've already gone beyond jedi:good sith:bad since ROTJ desu

Kotor 2 is the reddit of kotor, and kreia is the reddit of kotor characters

>DAUH BEST WRITTEN STRAW WAZ CHARACTAS EVAR!

The gameplay is mmo tier shit.

Apathy is death.

>EA in charge of KotOR remake
>You can unlock this Ruusan crystal for 100,000 crystals but you can also buy it for 200 special premium Jedi™Force™Crystals™ for $19.99+tax
Fuck that noise. The only thing worse than Disney in charge of SW movies is EA being in charge of SW games for the next fucking decade.

Kino af

it's different and since tlj is different you have to hate both

she think lik i do