Wtf i hate avatar now

wtf i hate avatar now

fanfiction.net/s/7027181/1/What-SHOULD-have-Happened-in-AtLA

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/8530414/1/Scorched-Earth
fanfiction.net/s/10136621/1/Resolutions
fanfiction.net/s/3693052/1/Back-Again-Harry
fanfiction.net/s/3680373/1/Twin-Vice-Paranormal-Detectives
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/my-trans-dimensional-overpowered-protagonist-harem-comedy-is-wrong-as-expected-oregairu-danmachi.367903/reader
fanfiction.net/s/8342129/1/Hipster-Rugrats-What-Have-You-Done
fanfiction.net/s/7197056/1/Three-Families
fanfiction.net/s/8096183/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Natural-20
rufftoon.deviantart.com/art/Alternate-History-P-01-52615635
fanfiction.net/s/6441562/1/From-the-Ashes-A-New-Hope
fanfiction.net/s/7005076/1/The-Last-Human
fanfiction.net/s/4435539/1/Lanterns
fanfiction.net/s/3673824/1/End-Of-the-Line
fanfiction.net/s/3337074/1/I-m-Here-to-Help
archiveofourown.org/works/335176/chapters/541856
fanfiction.net/s/7679074/1/The-Dragon-King-s-Temple
fanfiction.net/s/5398503/1/Embers
fanfiction.net/s/1489351/1/Lila-s-Deadly-Obsession
masamaru-hakano.deviantart.com/art/Addiction-276256951
fimfiction.net/story/10157/upheaval-breaking-point
fanfiction.net/s/12339620/1/Underbelly
fanfiction.net/s/10953682/1/Avatar-Synergy
archiveofourown.org/works/2427119?view_full_work=true
archiveofourown.org/works/5391641
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>fanfic thread
What are some other fanfictions do you guys know thats so bad its good?

You want more like that?

What about genuinely good fics that make the current state of the source material feel empty in comparison?

Nobody likes Avatar, it's just necessary introduction to How I Became Yours

I actually would love if it even more if somone makes fan comics that are better than the source material

Fics better than the source material are the absolute best, but I've come across maybe five, several of which are unfinished.

Any good Bolin(AKA the most misused character) fics?

So what SHOULD have happened?

well if your into it, look up HP:MOR, Harry Potter and the methods of rationality

"Scorched Earth" makes Korra a compelling character and is overall fucking amazing. fanfiction.net/s/8530414/1/Scorched-Earth

unless you have any investment in the characters, since they might all as well be different people entirely

Night of the Were-Ed and Bring Me to Ed

No don't. The author didn't even read Harry Potter until he was already a number of chapters in. He just went off fanon and the wiki.

Also his Harry Potter is a SI. The charcter acts like a cunt. Bad writing. Reads like a lecture from a moron. Overall shit.

The only good fanfictions I ever enjoyed were this collaborative project by a bunch of guys on plus4chan. Everyone would write different stories about team Avatar's kids. There were no chosen ones, no evil empires, no world destroying monsters, just a bunch of kids sailing around having adventures and it was fucking great.

There was also an AU where everything was the same except Aang and everyone else were mecha pilots.

Oh, and Wolfbatman, you guys remember Wolfbatman?

"Resolutions" is a niche fic, but it is leagues better than the ATLA comics we have now:
>fanfiction.net/s/10136621/1/Resolutions
The other stories from the author are also pretty good.

If you want a good, in-character Harry Potter fic, I'd suggest Back Again Harry?

fanfiction.net/s/3693052/1/Back-Again-Harry

It's about Harry being sent back to the first book right after he dies in the seventh, and it's really well done.

And if you like the Fred and George, I'd check out Twin Vice Paranormal Detectives, which is good enough to be it's own novel, honestly.

fanfiction.net/s/3680373/1/Twin-Vice-Paranormal-Detectives

>Wolfbatman, you guys remember Wolfbatman?
Wolfbatman had some genuinely interesting ideas.

Like having Katara as Mr. Freeze, but Aang was already that Universe's Superman, so Aang couldn't also be Nora.

So instead of trying to save her love-interest, Katara became a villain from trying to save her Mom, which was also Sokka/Wolfbatman's Mom, which added an extra dimension to their confrontations.

>Posting a link to that fic
>Without attaching the waifu art
You dun goofed user.

Basically a HISHE version of AtLA by a guy who hates AtLA.

Not Sup Forums but...

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/my-trans-dimensional-overpowered-protagonist-harem-comedy-is-wrong-as-expected-oregairu-danmachi.367903/reader

I think the best fic I ever read was probably, of all things, a Glee/AtLA fusion. The world-building was done really well, and it was just so much better than the show itself (which at that point wan't hard, but still).

Why the fuck are airbenders superheroes now. I thought it couldn't get any worse than blue ghost giant korra

fanfiction.net/s/8342129/1/Hipster-Rugrats-What-Have-You-Done

Feel like reading it again.

But that fic is awful.

you don't like that they're almost vigilantes or that they're flying around in bodysuits?

That fic is fucking cancer that essentially ignores Harry's character out of a desire to make him some studious super student, like 99% of HP fanfiction. Most authors honestly didn't even get the point of his character or how the fight with Voldemort was going to end. No, every retard thinks Harry should have researched every offensive spell and fought Voldemort in some shonen standoff and won when the reality is that no amount of studying would bridge the gap of experience and skill Voldemort had over Harry, never mind that Harry was always meant to die in the first place, not actually fight.

If we're talking beyond Sup Forums, the best fanfic I've ever read was this novel length Neon Genesis Evangelion fic where Shinji's mom never dies and the whole thing turns into a legit super-mecha anime story. Sure, it SOUNDS cringy and it was, a little bit, sometimes, but somehow the guy made it work. He had interesting character arcs, great plot twists, and original characters that were actually engaging and never became Mary Sues. Sadly a combination of Rebuild breaking his headcanon, retconning an entire arc away before realizing his mistake, and hard criticism made the guy call it quits around chapter 110 or so and the story was never finished. It's still good enough that I reread it every couple of years though.

There were other stories I really liked too like the one where this guy goes back in time and becomes Shinji and co's new highschool teacher while trying to fix things, both in NERV and in the kids' heads, and the story keeps you guessing as to who the guy is. And another story where Shinji and Asuka get sent back in time to the middle of the show after spending nearly a decade in the post 3I world and forming a family which gets wiped from existence.

Tails Gers Trolled is the greatest fanfiction ever made.

The bodysuits. The fact that they're vigilantes is dumb too desu, I thought air nomads were isolationists.

This is the best Avatar fic I've read, check it out if you have 300 hours to burn because it's long as fuck, about the same as the first 4 ASoIaF books combined:

fanfiction.net/s/7197056/1/Three-Families

and this HP fic shits on every other HP fic I've read, especially MoR, which is funny because I found it on MoR's author's favorites list:

fanfiction.net/s/8096183/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Natural-20

>I'd suggest Back Again Harry
Seconding that recommendation. Harry Potter has a bunch of fanfics where one of the characters goes back in time and attempts to change the past so that Voldemort can be dealt with more quickly and with less casualties. Out of those stories, that particular fanfic is my favourite.

Another HP fic I'm fond of is "Stunning Shifts". It's about Harry and some others getting sent into a parallel dimension where a tiny change to the story caused a massive butterfly effect.

Unfortunately, both of those fics are still in-progress, and updates haven't been appearing too often.

I don't know about stories that "make the source material feel empty". I prefer stories that address and smoothen out the flaws of the original work while still showing their love for it; stories that keep the tone faithful to the source material and attempt to enhance it, instead of making it look like shit. I tried reading HP:MOR once, but it felt like the author was just trying to show off how clever he was and how dumb the source material was.

As long as we're talking AtLA, here are two AUs that I liked. In both of them, Aang got released from the iceberg several years later than in the cartoon:
rufftoon.deviantart.com/art/Alternate-History-P-01-52615635
fanfiction.net/s/6441562/1/From-the-Ashes-A-New-Hope
The first one links to the next page in the image descriptions. The second one has some odd Star Wars parallels but they don't interfere with the story too much.

>HP:MoR
>good
So this is redditposting...

Whats it about?

Why is it that "Character goes back in time" fics tend to be good? By all definitions they should be power fantasies and yet I keep encountering ones that are actually pretty decent.

When you can see all of time in a perfect preserved line of sequence to comsequence, the power to twist and change is very appealing. We all wonder what could have been, but fiction turns various uncertainties into a concrete set of defined events and the potential to circumnavigate them. A character experiencing if often wants to change time because he's us going through his life. In reality I bet a lot of people wouldn't want to change much at all.

I like more stories that involve a situation where someone else with a similar power has their power given to somebody else. Where the role of hero/protagonist has shifted to some minor character for it, and if effects ALL the people around him including the original protagonist.

I dunno about other fandoms but the Eva ones always remind me of Re-Take which was a fucking masterpiece.

The writing is what you'd expect but you can tell they actually thought their premise through.

It mixes both LoK and ATLA in a fantastic way:

Korra is born four years after Ba Sing Se falls to Azula's coup, Aang having never awoken from his coma. She's brought up in a Fire Nation Prison complex, and when she starts to firebend, her captors snap her up and recruit her as a soldier (believing she's a half-breed). And most of the first half is just her trying to fit into the Fire Nation military and become a good little soldier.

What's amazing is how it demonstrates her relationship with the other LoK characters. The timelines don't quite match, but the characters are so much more interesting this way. Korra is an appreciable underdog that's trying to do right by her family while serving under a horrible regime that hates her heritage. Mako is an outsider Fire Nation commander who takes her under his wing and tries to mentor her. Noatak is an amazing teenaged Water Tribe rebel who is almost Aang to Korra's Zuko as she tries to track him down, while at the same time trying to live under the overwhelming responsibility his father has placed upon him and his younger brother. And that's not even taking all the fun little nods to the lore into account! The characters all fit together so well you realize what LoK was missing in their dynamics. I cannot recommend it highly enough, and I just wish it updated faster.

The prison was too edgy. I could see Earth Kingdom residents getting beat on but the Fire Nation would rely on the Southerners during the lean times. This dynamic makes no sense. Although the rest of it seems better.

fanfiction.net/s/7005076/1/The-Last-Human
Continuity marches on, but this is still how Adventure Time ended to me.

I see too many of them that never finish.

>Why the fuck are airbenders superheroes now.
Watch the Book 3 finale again faggot, and this time pay attention.

>I thought it couldn't get any worse than blue ghost giant korra
Blue giant Korra is no worse than Koizilla Aung

>The bodysuits
My only issue with them is that I don't like the skintight design they went with. There was concept art of the wingsuits that looked a lot better

>I thought air nomads were isolationists.
They werent. Did you forget that Aang had friends from other nations as a kid?

That sounds intresting

Dose she still end up with asami, do they change that or atleast so it better?

>fanfiction.net
Fucking nope.

my heart

>There were other stories I really liked too like the one where this guy goes back in time and becomes Shinji and co's new highschool teacher while trying to fix things, both in NERV and in the kids' heads, and the story keeps you guessing as to who the guy is. And another story where Shinji and Asuka get sent back in time to the middle of the show after spending nearly a decade in the post 3I world and forming a family which gets wiped from existence.
Ya boi are you talking about Nobody Dies?

Give us the tl;dr version, OP?

How the fuck are they superheroes here? Are you retarded?

I'll take that as a "no". Too bad, the links I have are almost as good as this.

Well, this just got autistic quickly.

One of the best avatar fics I've read, focuses on a surprisingly realistic Aang/Azula ship.
fanfiction.net/s/4435539/1/Lanterns

Hey,I liked the original Avatar series very much and I was wondering what Sup Forums thinks about Korra.
Should I watch it or not? I need a definite answer because there are way too many mixed opinions wherever I go.

Don't watch it you fucking faggot

Korra seems promising at the start of each season, but starts to quickly disappoint.

That fanfic is not one long coherent story, it's a series of short snippets where the author calls out plotholes or other issues and makes jokes about them. For example, in the very first snippet, Aang discovers that Appa had frozen to death while they were encased inside that ice block, and Sokka decides his body is well-preserved enough to eat.

Don't ask for opinions from Sup Forums there's a hate culture about the show. Just watch it yourself and form your own opinion.

>ignores Harry's character

The Harry in Method of Rationality is a distinctly different character. And I don't mean that metaphorically, he is genuinely not the same Harry Potter from the original series and that becomes important later on.

There's a reason he's the way he is, and the explanation isn't too much of a cop-out.

>Well you see, a wizard did it.
>There's no such thing.
>*airbends him into snowbank*

The second season is the only fucking terrible one. The rest are ok. The lack of a constant threat between seasons hurts the show. Each season has it's own villain and conflict.

I'm only somewhat ashamed to admit that I cried my fucking eyes out while reading this.
>fanfiction.net/s/3673824/1/End-Of-the-Line

The main character of this seems like an OC, but it is a very specific character and it only hints at who he could have become.
>fanfiction.net/s/3337074/1/I-m-Here-to-Help

Pic unrelated.

>tfw they turn Korra's parents into Mary and Joseph.

Homestuck-related, but I figured it was worth mentioning, given that I hold it in a far higher regard than the original source material.
>archiveofourown.org/works/335176/chapters/541856
Ironically, it's art was done by a person now widely despised by pretty much everyone, but Urban Anchorite is as on-point as ever.

It hasn't happened yet, but the author was all over that "romance" in the chapter notes, so I imagine we'll get much, much more of it if it's ever continued. Thankfully, much of it is romance free, and the character drama is all organic.

Huh, I don't remember that happening, Satan.

Quit shilling your shitty fic.

When a crossover fan fiction. Has character from one series magically appears in the world of another characters series.

>that one guy didn't make a sequel to his ATLA/Stargate crossover

Most fanfics are smut, so the amount like this are small.

You talking about this one?
>fanfiction.net/s/7679074/1/The-Dragon-King-s-Temple

Also one of the best ATLA fics I've read is Embers.
>fanfiction.net/s/5398503/1/Embers

fanfiction.net/s/1489351/1/Lila-s-Deadly-Obsession
>After Lila told Arnold to leave her alone, Arnold forgot about Lila and end up hanging out with Helga and fell in love, when Lila heard about this, she made a terrible plan that no one thought that a nice girl could do.

masamaru-hakano.deviantart.com/art/Addiction-276256951
>Addiction is a powerful thing.

>For Vince, this statement rang true. In so many ways.

>When he was only 13, his parents just fell apart romantically. They became irate, hostile towards each other, and a once beautiful relationship turned sour. With a violent backhand, some cruel words and a scared teen, Vince's mother was gone. Out the door, never to be seen again.

>Soon after that, his father turned to this weird white powder that Vince had never seen. He didn't know what it was, but he knew it changed his father. The man who was once the ideal father became nothing short of a violent, cruel brute.

At some point, this becomes a Homestuck fanfiction, pimping Vriska/OC in a delightfully tame sex scene.

>There's a reason he's the way he is,
Yeah, because he's the author's mouthpiece

>Lanterns

And it was never finished, because we can't have nice things. The writer made it during the old Sup Forums Avatar threads.

I uh... Cant post them here.
But if I had to pick one it would be the Upheaval series, by Visiden Visidane.

You can't post links to fanfics?

>You talking about this one?
Yeah.

Never read fanfiction before but want to start, hit me with your favorites

horse show

fimfiction.net/story/10157/upheaval-breaking-point

Was never too big of a fan of Sup Forums fanfiction. ATLA had some good stuff, though, especially Toph/Sokka related stuff.

well what franchises do you like?

RIP in piece Sir Poley, Harry Potter and the Natural 20 was legit one of the best fics I've ever read. It really sucks it's dead because I wanted to see it end.

It's a Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door and its sequel

Feel free to give some suggestions.

I read a TLoK fanfic that covers the triads in a pretty okay way. It's mostly OC-based which is a shame because I'd have killed for something Lin focused. It's also kind of a slow start, but it seems to be picking up now.

fanfiction.net/s/12339620/1/Underbelly

good thread

Is there an Avatar or LOK fic that does a more "mature" take on the events of either show, but in a way that's not painfully edgy?

One wonder I've always had is what ATLA or LOK would have looked like with a TV14 or TVMA rating. What if, instead of being kids' cartoons with mature themes and characters, they were just mature cartoons? Are there any fanfics that deal with that idea in a well-done manner?

I don't think so, but I've seen an idea posted around of Bolin running for President and I'm honestly tempted to try it.

I want there to be one good zutara altverse fanfic. The one everyone says 'oh yeah that's how you'd do it'

Fanfic time? Fanfic time!

If any of you guys have been jonesing for a third Avatar series, this should be your first and last stop.

>fanfiction.net/s/10953682/1/Avatar-Synergy

Just "alright" overall, but when it gets good, it gets REALLY good. There's high points scattered all throughout, but the last four or five chapters are probably some of the best fanfiction I've ever read, on par with some professionally published stuff.

I've been bored and have been tossing about ideas for a fanfic where Danny Phantom and Kitty switch bodies, I have a general idea of where it would be going, as well as how it happens and what prevents an immediate change back(it's similar to the first time it happened with that nerd, I don't want to use the genie because it's too overdone)

Any suggestions on what I should put in it? Telling me this is a stupid idea and shouldn't do it at all does in fact count as a suggestion.

You'll never get better at writing if you don't practice, even if it is literal fan fiction.

Is it advisable to put your dream project on hold and to start doing smaller stuff to get better first?

Abso-fucking-lutely. Your first project should never be your dream project, because you will ruin it. Taking words out of your head and putting them on paper (or a computer screen more likely) completely changes your perspective on them. You can plan a chapter for months but the minute you set to typing it, you start seeing it go in a completely separate direction. You have to get used to the rhythm and flow of your own writing process before you embark on a dream project.

>fanfiction

user,where did you learn how to write? I want to know too desu

I do, I'm actually already a pretty good writer. I was more asking for suggestions of things and scenarios to put in it.

Also yeah I'm aware of this, it truly is important. It's part of the reason why I'm starting with this fic () before moving onto one I promised Sup Forums I would write.

Well if we're going homestuck, might as well post Detective Pony.
archiveofourown.org/works/2427119?view_full_work=true

Definitely a pretty interesting piece of work, you don't even have to relate it to HS if you don't want to from how well it stands on it's own.

This is a short fic thays good for a laugh. I recommend it.archiveofourown.org/works/5391641

You know what my big regret is?

Ty Lee's legacy is that her signature martial arts get used by terrorists.