A week of new episodes of We Bare Bears continues tonight at 7

A week of new episodes of We Bare Bears continues tonight at 7

We Bare Bears Digital Shorts 3
>``Bear Stack''; ``Frozen Ice''; ``Assembly Required''; ``Cooking With Ice Bear''; ``The Cave.''

I don't remember ever seeing these with the rest of the leaks.

They're not, the pre-airs are usually uploaded on Friday.

My friend did the storyboard for one of these shorts I didn't know til tonight. She did Assembly Required! Pretty happy for her.

Good for her! How do you happen to know her?

Also, the shorts were really great tonight.

Met through social media about 6 years back. Kept in contact because of similar interest and coming from roughly the same area of the country (Northern Ohio).
She's mostly only done story revisions so far. I'm glad she got her moment to shine here.

This whole month has been solid. I may not be able to remember them all by heart but none of them stick out in my mind as bad or even memorably sub-par.

Mega when

Missed it, Madridista when?

I've only liked Ice Bear's episodes recently. This last one with Panda was surprisingly decent considering it was another love life episode, though.

yeah i was confused, have we already seen these shorts or not? i'm terrible at keeping up on shorts (i kind of hate that they exist, but if they air as an episode like this, i'm super okay with it)
i watched the leak but this wasn't in it, I don't think

that's because instead of panpan spilling his spaghett all over, he was hanging out with a little walking spaghetti spoon and he was a total bro to the kid.

Panda is worse than Mordecai in every way
Mordecai's relationships were mostly good in the early seasons and there were a few decent ones towards the end. Panda's a giant dick and is cringey when he tries to crush on a girl.
Mordecai and everyone else was 80s fags, Panda and everyone else is modern memes, internet gags, and selfie stick fags
Mordecai was a slacker and only fought with his hard headed friend, Panda is a dick to everyone

When is WBB gonna become the new staple for Sup Forums's spaghetti dropping asshole series?

also where the fuck is the mega

Panda worst bear by a longshot, yeah.

For most people it's a competition between Grizz and Ice. Issues I see are that Ice's 3rd person speech wears thin and that Grizz's hyperactivity can be annoying at times.

I'm a fucker for Ice's backstory though, Grizz just got scared in a tree. Still sad but we haven't seen anything like a dude wearing his mom as a coat or getting caught in a bear trap and all that shit with Yuri.

They seem to explore more of the mature themes through Ice than anyone else, so that's not surprising. I came across the original version of the Ice Bear and Chloe duet song in that one episode and it was pretty sad and about feeling alone. Even if it won't compare, I still hope Panda's backstory isn't lame.

i think panda's backstory is that pandas are terrible. his mom probably just forgot about him
or they were going to take him away and bring him to china because, evidently, china owns ALL PANDAS ANYWHERE. something which is completely unprecedented in the history of animals as property.

Is this episode of shorts uploaded anywhere?

Bumping in the hope of downloads soon.

People still watch this drek?

No. We're just pretending.

Madridista has abandoned us

mega?

This show is just not good
Its only the same level as TTG

>the same level as TTG
That's just wrong, man. WBB has it's cringey bad line delivery and badly written episode every now and then, but I can't watch a minute of TTG in the many times I've tried without it getting me pissed off from being so annoyingly wacky.

This has way better animation, better jokes, more likeable characters, better episode ideas, can't shit on old fans because there wasn't anything prior aside from the comics it's based on and it's just about the same, it's not spammed on CN, doesn't pander with waifu leg episodes to get Sup Forums's attention, and it certainly isn't WUH WUH WUH WAAAAFUUUUUULS YEAAAAA shit. The worst offense in that regard was panda's love song in an early episode, but it wasn't as wacky and random as it was his dumb persona showing.

Also it's not nearly as heavy on internet memes and shit as it was advertised as. There's more than 50 episodes without it.

You can hate bears, fine, but TTG is so fucking obnoxious that the only comparable thing would be the internet memes aspect of the series but it's very underlying most of the time if at all. Plus Ice Bear's 3rd person talking, but they made it a very decent reason because he grew up with a Russian, rather than "this character talks monotone and in 3rd person" like it seems, because those characters can suck easily.

mega?

I think the people on this board are just jaded against wacky fun nowadays. I like both a lot and find them fun. Sometimes some random comfy humor is all I ask for.

>think the people on this board are just jaded against wacky fun nowadays
In TTG's case it goes overboard, badly

I don't Think It does at all. It think it's brand of retarded is actually genius. It's got like great jokes in there, mixed with shit to piss off the old fans. Plus the characters are cute enough to appeal to a lot of people. It's one of the oddest cartoons I've ever seen and I enjoy it after work on Friday. I don't get the hate for it but that's everyone else's opinion on it. I don't get it.

There is no hope

They went from slice of life to the inevitable wacky zany "is this a dream"-tier situations. Same shit happened to Clarence

So do they just steal shit and pawn it off or do they get like money from endangered species help organizations?

>wacky zany "is this a dream"-tier situations
WBB? nah

>wall-e
is this a dream?

Is he retard?

Where is the link?

No this is Pink Charlie, how may I help you friend?

If I took his phone away, would he die?

I'm not sure what to make of this show. It's just so incredibly bland.

Just where the fuck is Madrid? He usually at least drops by to say he was busy and couldn't record. Are we in for a new era of no dista?

Madridista recorded from cn website not from TV and the new episode is not there or cn app

He records the stream on the site which always runs

It's a slice of life show with three bears that live in the bay area.

Will best girl get an episode?

i hope so, she's cute and the best character

>Also it's not nearly as heavy on internet memes and shit as it was advertised as.

it recognizes memes. the thing is, its a slice of life and memes have permeated modern life. to ignore memes is to ignore reality at this point

if only it was heavy on memes. memes are funny. it's heavy on dumbass internet shit the likes of which are perused by people who dont know what memes are

I feel like if the series premise that is circulated was focused on more in the series rather than just being a "yea that's true" thing, it'd be more enjoyable watch and less people would hate it because it'd have a little story setup or whatever.

>"Three bears try to fit in with society by doing what they see the humans doing"
Instead of that being a core thing, it's a face value note that's still true.

yeah it should be more like the webcomic
>bears enter a human situation, stacked atop each other
>because they are bears, something funny happens
they pretty much stopped that after the first 3 episodes. now they're just humans who happen to be bears and are slightly clueless about the fact that they're bears, but utterly tuned-in to normal modern life in a way that nobody watching the show under 20 is.

WHERE THE DINKLE ARE THE LINKS FOR THE EP?

Damn, I just want less Chloe

That's not how you spell more Chloe

you are the worst kind of person

Chloe's the best.

Some poeple want less chloe, some people call more chloe, let's call the whole thing off. Seems like both of you should just be happy with the medium chloe. we're getting.

I want bear Chloe

I would be happy with chloe at a 3 out of 5, but we are getting 2 out of 5 max. we're getting 3.5 out of 5 fuckin charlie and while they continue to improve his character, that's still not cool

awww cub chloe. that'd be a great episode.
one assumes those 2 guys that panda's stalker friend moved in with probably befriend a little chloe raccoon or something.

>over 50% ratio
What we have now is perfect, bro. Waifufags can settle.

Unless they bring some new stuff to the table, Charlie could weigh out a little more though, I agree. He's one of the characters I like the most minus his dick actions in Charles Barles. The character I'd like to see more of is the Highway Man and maybe the guy from the river ep

if we're talking ratio, we're getting barely 1 out of 10 chloe, that's not nearly enough.
i think we're getting just about enough tabes at least, though i wouldnt mind more.

>at least
>[it compensates for]
so youre a filthy waifu user?

Panda is in a relationship with a girl who is real.

>Panda is in a relationship
wrong

They became official in Panda's Art.

>but utterly tuned-in to normal modern life in a way that nobody watching the show under 20 is.
True. Actually, the target demographic for this show is kind of hard to place. The worst episodes are the baby bear episodes and their only kid character is Chloe who happens to also be a college student. Despite being small for bears, they are above the age of 18 as we can see Panda using a dating ap and going to community college. It's very millennial, but technically millennial is older than what CN aims for.

charlie is a dudinator, faggot

ehh tabes isnt so much waifu styles as just kinda.. fun. she's a fun character.

it's sad because I like the baby bear episode ideas and i love the performances, but the episodes themselves are always really lame (airplane scramble) or annoying (losing out on the hundred bucks)

i can't find one user that doesn't like tabes because T H I C C :)

>i love the performances
There's a bunch of lines I find annoying

fuck off pedophile. no one cares

i kinda like her in spite of thicc, but whatever
oh absolutely. but the kids are doing a great job reading those lines

Oh yea, the kids are doing good va work

It's just I find kid VAs obnoxious very easily

i do too, at least modern ones. but i love the grizz /catbug kid

I think I have a VHS of this series from goodwill, never bothered to find it in HD but it was a fine series from what I saw

I uhhh.. I find it pretty unlikely you have we bare bears on vhs, user

I think you posted in the wrong thread.

Sorry my wording was bad. It was a vhs recording from a year or 2 ago, just said Cartoons on it and bought it thinking it was old. It had I think the first episode premiere and some random channel changes. Kinda neat for archival purposes but obviously not what I was looking for. Kinda bad that I think it was a home movie VHS because at the start there's either a previously tapped 80s movie or a recording of someone's home with a kid running around in a trailer.

I might rip it one day for myself because the tape is bound to deteriorate and considering the archiving purpose is all it has going for it, it'd be a waste to let it sit there. I wouldn't edit out the family thing at the start but if I was to ever upload it I would.

Really should've said all this in the first post!

there's something unsavory about recording we bare bears on VHS.
that'd be like recording Regular Show onto anything BUT vhs.. or laserdisc

Man, a Regular Show VHS (or laserdisc).. that'd be pure money's worth. CN turned down JG's offer though a bunch of years ago I read. Even if that's not true it's a huge loss of potential. Hell, just make 50 and make it a giveaway event in some way that you still get paid alot, like connecting it to sponsors.

not sure if vaporwave

In a future thread I'll post some screenshots with my phone camera. I'm visiting family and didn't bring it with me, there was previously not a reason to and I don't think there's a VCR here anyway.

I know the whole "put it off 'till later so it gets attention now and forgotten later so I don't have to deliver" is a common thing, so I'll do my best to get home soon. By the middle of next month I'm sure at the latest. I will bring to attention that I have no ripper and I know photoshop pics taken with a camera are also common, so I'll just get that inevitable thing out of the way now.

It went to Nickelodeon, Disney, etc and I think it's a recording from a basic cable package because iirc it was channel 29, 28, 27, etc. Though I could be wrong and it might've been 229, 228, 227.. It's not much to look at, and I think there are a few different days tapped. WBB is about 25% through and there's a bunch of cuts during other episodes to different stuff. Didn't affect bears. There was never any commercials or bumpers that showed time passing (Tomorrow at 6 / Tonight at 6) that I recall so I'm just theorizing.

I wonder if MySpleen would like it. I see a lot of VHS rips on there, but it's usually of older stuff (obviously, given the format).

I still have some old earthworm jim and shit from that era tapes, plus a tape of myself playing ocarina of time
sadly it was all on SLP because i didnt wanna waste money on extra tapes and had little idea where to buy them

Maybe, I haven't used it since 2008 I think but I have an account if it wasn't terminated due to being idle, but i have friends with invites. I'd have to get a capture card some day.

Sounds neat man

Also to keep this WBB friendly, are there any fandom deemed bad eps I should skip whenever I try it?

there's one that rustled my jimmies pretty hard, basically the baby bears save a woman from a strawmale creeping on her while castaway'd

>strawmale
The show never acts like all guys act like that. And there are creepy dudes out there. I can't imagine being rustled by any depiction of a creep ever.

Different user, same case here. I think what bothered me was how since it's a kid's show, it was childishly written so bad about how stupidly creepy he was, rather than just making a few moves he had a notebook that was just cringey bad

without that it still felt shitty to me though

loosing ice, watched it 1 time, never again

The still consistently treat Ice like shit after that episode. Nothing was learned.

Sad example of an episodic series where character grudges happen based on series-wide issues and they tackle it. Nothing changes.

Eh
title card looks gooood

The performances are awesome for the baby bears. Getting Catbug's VA for baby Griz is one of the best choices made on the show, but baby bear episodes are some of the worst decisions made. It's so weird how that worked out. $100 is one of the better bb episodes though.

i mean the idea is good, especially since they're part of the original comic, it's just.. jeez.. it's like watching a post-movie rugrats episode

Best character, and voiced by Earl

wait really? i think the only bad baby bear episode was the one where they're stranded with two other people. the rest of them are perfectly fine

they're perfectly serviceable, but they have that weird '90s movie about an ape that causes HILARIOUS SHENANIGANS" feel

>Will best girl get an episode?
She has 3 at least

There's so many issues with this image

Isn't that the entire show?