Why did Homer try to eat the entire pepper, instead of just taking a spoonful of the chili...

Why did Homer try to eat the entire pepper, instead of just taking a spoonful of the chili? It would have been extremely hot, but not as monstrous as trying to eat the merciless pepper of Quetzalacatenango

Other urls found in this thread:

chilicookoff.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's a fucking comedy cartoon.

Because that's what he was served. What kind of coward would try to cheat his way through a chili cook off?

Because he's Homer, and not exactly the smartest guy around.

>tfw chilli cook-offs aren't a thing in my area

>implying they're a thing anywhere

Well, maybe somewhere in the same sense there's some place that has a yearly dog eating contest.

Lemme ask you a question OP.
Why would a man who's shirt says "genius at work" spend all of his time analyzing a children's cartoon show...?

Because I'm in Sup Forums and so are you

I thought it was to send a message to the chief that he was still king

>It would have been extremely hot
He's a big guy.

Professional pride as the Pope of Chilitown.

Because the shirt is a Simpsons reference and I like The Simpsons.

this

once you get past the initial shock of the nerve stimulus, they're fine; they don't even cause indigestion (fats, salts, and sugars are more likely causes of 'heartburn' than spices)

in fact, capsaicin (the burny part) is so effective at overwhelming your nerve endings that it's used as a short-lived topical pain reliever - it'll give you about 20 minutes of blessed relief from almost any pain (then your nerve endings reboot)

despite the reputation of spicy chilis, they won't cause blistering or burns from handling (unless you have a genuine allergy, in which case you should be worried about tomatoes too) - precautions about handling are there to prevent you touching one and then touching sensitive areas of your body, or spreading the concentrated capsaicin to work areas or other people

Homer's big mistake was not having something very minty to eat or drink right before the chili, as mint and chili both bind to the same nerve receptors, meaning if you've just had mint you can't feel the sensation of chili

ironically, very concentrated menthol (mint oil) will burn you for real, scars and everything

chilicookoff.com/

They're absolutely a thing. Ask around if you get nothing from searches. Start with local restaurants, someone's either going to know of one or set one up.

>chilicookoff.com/

Oh, man, no Sup Forumsck/ but I really need to go to one of these. The hot sauces I can get my hands on are becoming ineffective

I don't like chili much, it's not bad but certainly not worth having competitions over. It fucking ruins hot dogs too but people still put it on them for some reason.[\spoiler]

Chilli is more or less the same

The point is to make it as hot as possible and more tasty with the peppers

Anyone turkey chili here?

You're worse than the people that come to the barbecue pit and ask me if there's a vegetarian option.

first of all it was quetzalZacatenango. you were close
second, wiggum wouldn't be satisfied with him not eating it
also, it's entirely possible there are pureed insanity peppers in the chili, so with his wax-coated mouth, the BEST thing to do is swallow a solid chile so it slides down quickly and cleanly

who brought up heartburn or indigestion?
capsaicin absolutely causes blistering and chemical burns. you don't know what you're talking about.

what i want to know is why capsaicin fails to irritate any of the tissues of our throat, stomach, or intestines, but then starts to burn the anus. I mean yeah your stomach has a mucus lining but that's it. The whole tract has pain nerves.

you've just had shitty chili. the kind where you can actually taste the chili powder (instead of grinding up smoked chiles from scratch)
grab yourself a can of campbell's chunky steak chili and your universe will be opened a bit. then go to a chili cookoff and try the 'real thing'

Turkey's a delicious and flavorful meat when properly utilized (especially smoked). ratite meat is superior but harder to find. considering the relatively bland taste of beef, turkey is a fine meat for CERTAIN types of chili (one heavy on orange-type peppers I would think. a fresher and fruitier chili with pintos rather than kidney beans)

The Simpsons isn't aimed at children.

Actually, it is. All animation is ultimately for children.

>B-B-B-BUT IT'S SO MATURE

No it is not.