Why are they getting new VAs for this new remake when the majority of the ones from the animated film are still alive?

Why are they getting new VAs for this new remake when the majority of the ones from the animated film are still alive?

James Earl Jones is coming back but losing Jeremy Irons really sucks

Gotta have that all black cast dude.

It's a movie set in AFRICA and almost the whole original cast is white, that shit shouldn't have been the case to begin with. This is them fixing it.

Uh-huh.

Shut the fuck up, Sup Forumsmblr.

Not your place white boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

They need to pretend that this movie has a reason to exist

I know that Jonathan Taylor Thomas obviously isn't a kid anymore, but what happened to him?

Was he ever in anything good?

>Seth Rogen
>Billy Eichner
So they're just going full-on meme characters then? The original Timon and Pumbaa worked because they were loveable and charming, not dude stoner lmao and DUDE INTENSE YELLING LMAO

Went to college became a doctor or something.

There's a bigger profit to be had with casting currently popular actors instead of ones that were popular almost thirty years ago.

>A persons skin colour meaning jack shit in voice acting

Old VAs would be cheaper. They would get the same return. No one is going to see The Lion King movie because of Seth Rogen.

>a doctor or something
Not a doctor, just got a degree in general studies. Probably just a teacher or some shit now.

Disney obviously doesn't want Matthew Broderick back as the voice for Simba since during an interview he accidentally blew the whistle when he thought the Lion King was based on Kimba The White Lion and not Disney completely ripping Kimba off

More than likely Matthew would actually cost more to bring back and he's older now so doesn't sound as young.

>What is South Africa
Do you also think all of Africa is people living in huts and walking around with spears, too?

Matthew Broderick, Ernie Sabella and Nathan Lane are old as fuck now

I'm black and I'm getting real sick of this dumb shit. This literally doesn't matter at all. Stop throwing SJW bullshit into everything. The movie taking place in Africa doesn't mean shit. Its a fucking fictional movie about talking animals.

Man, I back tracin' yo' internets and I see yous just a whiteboiiiiiiii!

Because if they had the same cast this remake would be even more pointless than it already is.

So is it just a 3d remake of the original? Why are people paying for this instead of buying the original?

I am half white and this post made me realize that I should hate myself. Thank you for enlightening me.

Because cartoons are for children and babies and this is a REAL movie.

Honestly it's a viable business model and it's depressing as hell. Instead of making something new Disney is just going to repackage their entire animated back-catalog of the last eighty years AND THEY'RE GOING TO MAKE MORE MONEY THAN THE ORIGINALS DID IN THEATERS. Every single one. We'll be lucky if they ever make a new animated movie ever again in ten years time, they'll just make a new cartoon and then a live action version of it ten years later when nostalgia has a chance to settle in.

Kids will just drag their parents along to anything Disney. Nostalgia for people who grew up watching the originals will bring in the young adults. They already have a proven box office hit to work with that they've only changed for the worse, so they have an entire new line of merchandise to push along with reissues of the older animated version. DVD sales of the original spike along with soundtrack CDs, and four months later the same happens with sales for the new one. Disney has at last figured out how to make people pay for the exact same experience twice, except the second time is inferior to the original and costs even more.

If you though them strip-mining Marvel comics as an IP for the same comic book movie over and over again for the next quarter century was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet. Their animation department has gone from a cash cow that keeps on giving in fits and spells to golden goose that is sustained only by eating its own golden eggs. We are approaching the heat death of creativity in American animation. If Uncle Walt were alive today he'd be weeping into his fresh new piles gold dipped banknotes.

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

because you don't get a billion using a bunch of hasbeens and nobodies

just ask WB

Because Beauty and the Beast remake made a billion dollars.

To cash in on nostalgia from the people who think cartoons are for children (even though they obsess over nostalgia and ignore actual animated art).

What are they going to do when they run out of movies to remake? Make remakes of the remakes? How long can this go before the public gets sick of it?

They'll do Pixar versions of them.

There are 56 Disney Animated classic. Even once you removed the package films and the ones nobody cares about (Dinosaur) that still leaves a ton left.

Remakes and Remakes and Sequels and Remakes and Cinematic Universes...