Post characters that were deceptively stronger than you first thought

Post characters that were deceptively stronger than you first thought

I keep hearing that Plastic Man is strong but he's never actually DONE anything, has he? Like, I understand that he's pretty much unkillable, but that's not really particularly impressive in DC. He can take a beating from the big boys but he can't dish damage out much better than a normal human can

I thought so too, until I read his showing in Trial By Fire. He stood toe to toe with a beefed up Martian Manhunter who was curbstomping the rest of the JLA

He's a comic relief character but his powers are some of the most impressive in the DC Universe. He's basically Monkey D. Luffy but without Haki.

Even Batman has pointed out that if Plastic Man wasn't such a comic relief he'd probably be able to beat half of the Justice League solo.

Bruh

He once turned into a bubble to suffocate his foe
He can also turn into a bicycle with working wheels and can even transform into a plane that can fly

Not as powerful as Plas, but still pretty related.

The new show is probably going to nerf the shit out of him.

martian manhunter can't use telepathy on him and doesn't really have anything that can directly hurt plas, does he?

>STRONGEST MEMBER OF THE JLA

Plastic man is somewhat weak to heat and MM has heat vision

weak as in it slows him down?

IIRC no. Plas is pretty much the perfect counter.
If fire is MM's kryptonite, pitting him against plas is like putting Supes under a red sun.

Plastic Man is the most overpowered character in comics.

Injustice Annual #4 is still the best issue in the series.

Temperature change has to be quick, or else he just adjusts.

I never understood how MM could have heat vision. He's weak to fire.

Weak as in he melts into a puddle of melted plastic until he has time to reform

Pretty much the only weakness PM has is being melted or being frozen, and neither is a permanent win. But it can knock him out of commission long enough to imprison him or something

He's not weak to hot temperatures, just fire in particular.

And even then its just psychological his Nu52 series even metioned that

I personally love his origin story. Not sure where it fits in the current canon, but the idea of a gangster superhero who secretly acts as a mole is probably my favorite out of all the members of the Justice League.

What's the difference of power between him and Reed?

Reed couldn't survive being frozen and shattered into pieces.

This page implies the White Martians used telepathy on him, but isn't he immune to that?

Reed can only stretch and bounce.

Plastic Man's powers are really only limited to his imagination. Reed can't even turn into a bike.

Plas isn't a stretcher like Reed. He's more of a shapeshiter. His body is in a fluid-like state and he can do stuff like alter his density.

IOW he's a plastic man.

Took out a Negative Zone Power Cosmic user that kicked the Super-Skrulls ass.

This is why he's not nearly as powerful as people seem to think.

Melt him or freeze and shatter him and he's done. In Obsidian Age he was still scattered 3,000 years later and had to be put back together by Batman.

He's essentially immortal, yes. But if you want to knock him out of commission it's not hard at all.

The bullshit explanation is that the longer he lives the more "plastic" he becomes and by the time Trial By Fire takes place his brain is entirely plastic but it wasn't before. Utter bullshit but what cape isn't?

this desu senpai

Looking through this classic Plas stuff I came across my favourite page and just have to share it. Classic Plas best Plas.

A lot of Fantastic Four characters are a lot more powerful than I thought they were before I began reading them regularly.
>Invisible Woman
>Mr. Fantastic
>Silver Surfer
>Dr. Doom
>Namor

If you look at it, as a whole the FF series probably has one of Marvel's most powerful character rosters.

>SHREK
shrek

>Guy with stretching powers
>Strong

No.

Is Trial by Fire after that thing happened where he got left in the past and lived for thousands of years in pieces? Or something.

Yes The white martian scene happens before Obsidian Age and Trial by Fire happens afterwards.

Neat.