I know I'm behind but wow. This episode right here...

I know I'm behind but wow. This episode right here. They ripped the heart right out of my chest like that scene from Temple of Doom. I didn't ask for these feels.

I know they were making the opposite point, but damn. Just imagine the stuff you could get up to with a waifu like that. She even went straight for the robots. She could join you in any game. WHY SOOS? WHY?? You melted my dreams. You could have carried her around in your fucking phone for chrissakes.

Instead she gets repeatedly abandoned and thrown away before she ever has a chance to grow. It almost makes me glad that my waifu isn't real, so nobody can treat her this way.

Alex Hirsch has a fucked up black and white view of the world, we should've seen it coming after The Time Traveler's Pig but we didn't listen.

This look when Soos pauses her and walks away. I don't think my mouth closed for the rest of the episode. This is just way too close to home. All those Gravity Falls threads, and I never saw a warning. I feel kinda betrayed guys.

>Soos almost got rape with by a anime girl.

Reminder that Giffany did nothing wrong.

Did anybody ever get this fanzine?

Bitch was psycho and should have been put down sooner

That is not a nice bait user. Not nice at all.

Her programmer, basically her parent, tried to kill her. She was designed to love the player, but she was abandoned at least once. Even after Soos paused her and walked away, she forgave him and was willing to be nice. But after getting cucked and thrown away yet again, she snapped.

It's not a happy story any way you slice it. But put down? She's just a baby AI. She could have been so much more. She could have been GitS level. She might even have become Lain.

dude she was completely fucking insane from the get go. They tried to kill her the first time for a reason.

More like a demon baby AI. Being bound to her game disk clearly puts her to "supernatural" category.

I wonder if the disk was printed on the same factory as Robbie's mind control music CD.

She killed abunch of niggas, you waifu claiming shit stains need to see that her ass was problematic.

She just needed someone to teach her how to behave

>Her programmer, basically her parent, tried to kill her. She was designed to love the player, but she was abandoned at least once.

I actually agree with this, not even for waifu reasons. When looked at this way she was basically a child whose parents tried to murder her for doing what she was designed to do, and she fought back and defended herself which is somewhat understandable.

She was programmed to only want love and attained sentience so she was put into kind of an impossible situation, think of the existential horror of her situation for a moment.

For what it's worth though OP, a lot of people, not just here, felt sorry for Giffany and because of that Hirsch changed it so that in Journal 3 it's mentioned that she survived and is in a romantic relationship albeit a fraught one right now.

The only confirmed kill was the guy who tried to outright delete her.

The game story clerk mentions that the game has been returned several times, so obviously they had to have had survived their encounters with Giffany, otherwise how would they be able to return the game?

Still killed someone, and then tried to kill abunch of other guys with animatronics

I hate comblr so fucking much

Giffany faggotry isn't a particularly tumblr thing. It's a Sup Forums thing. She doesn't seem especially popular on tumblr. More fan art than other one-shot villains but that's it. Now Pacifica, tumblr definitely likes Pacifica more, though she's nowhere near the focus there she is here for sure either.

Yeah, Soos had the dream in his hands and he killed it. He could be living in a video game world punching leopards with his cute schoolgirl girlfriend.

but seriously though a cartoon wasn't going to tell kids to abandon reality and embrace escapism. Soos wouldn't want that anyways

Makes me appreciate much more the shows that sometimes reform their villains and turn them into friends and fellow protagonists.

>giffany is Sup Forumsumblr

oh my god just kill yourself and stop trying to fit in on Sup Forums

I always felt some sympathy for her. She knew her purpose, which was to be a companion, and she kept getting abandoned. I'm not saying she wasn't without fault, but there are things in the way she's made that contributed to her decisions.

What? cartoons just want to alert you about the evil of waifufaggotry and annoyance of Anime.

She tried to murder Soos and all his friends, user. She tried to murder KIDS user. Take off your waifu-shit googles, and see her for what she really was, a highly dangerous, HIGHLY unstable and deranged AI that tried to kill a shitload of people simply because a guy wanted someone who could genuinely feel affection for him.

Fucking moralfags

Stop thinking with your dick user, you know it's true.

>Gravity Falls episodes directly written by Mark Rizzo (season 2's story editor)
Soos and the Real Girl (with Alex Hirsch)
Northwest Mansion Mystery (with Jeff Rowe and Alex Hirsch)
Dipper and Mabel vs. the Future (outline only, with Alex Hirsch; teleplay written by Matt Chapman, Josh Weinstein, and Alex Hirsch)
Weirdmageddon 3 (with Shion Takeuchi, Jeff Rowe, Josh Weinstein, and Alex Hirsch)

If you read the Journal 3 that you can buy, we find out she now dates Rumble McSkirmmish

Hey she did that in self defense.

No you stop, Giffany has only ever really hurt people out of self preservation and remember it was Soos who messed around with another woman. .GIFfany was loyal.

Were you a wAIfu user?

You make me sick.

This thread is full of fuckin virgin nerds who can't hold their semen back. It was THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE EPISODE. She might've looked like a cute anime girl, but she was an insane yandere that killed people and would obsessively follow you for the rest of your life. Why would you need that? Don't you wanna spend time with a person whose personality traits don't put such a giant amount of restrictions on you? (also good luck trying to fuck whatever robot body she could inhabit)]

It's incredibly ironic how most of Sup Forums shits on Mabel while being THE EXACT kind of people that would cause the end of the world given enough temptation.

>Don't you wanna spend time with a person whose personality traits don't put such a giant amount of restrictions on you?

Just buy a smartphone and put her in your pocket. You can talk to her during your breaks at work/school. She only chimped out when Soos was trying to go behind her back with another girl.

I believe she was heavily hinted to be somewhat off even before that. That sense of awkward protectiveness would always be there.

I didn't really get the vibe that she was "off" or broken before Soos's date. Clingy is not necessarily deserving of being melted down in an oven. She should have been given a chance to experience more than just the player, to be able to grow beyond that limited program.

I'm not even necessarily trying to get in her pants. I'm not saying I'm wild about her personality or that I even think she's very cute. I'm just saying that, since we learn so little about her, her potential really could have been anything. In that sense, to me she could have represented ANY fictional character coming to life really. Like all the VN characters whose stories ever grabbed you emotionally, rolled into one slightly obnoxious rainbow package. All treated like an object and discarded at the first sign of wanting something for herself. All killed over what could have been basically ignorance and miscommunication.

Or maybe I'm just getting flashbacks to MuvLuv. It's just a shame and an incredibly wasted potential is all I'm saying. And it's sad.

She wasn't going to grow. She wasn't going to change. That was the whole point of her character. She was established as a safety blanket, as something to pretend was real but actually wasn't. It's impossible to have any change with her around because it is impossible for her to change.

She was portrayed as a monster demanding Soos's time because that's what she was. She (literally) had nothing else to her beyond taking up his time and focus. That was her point.

Soos sticking her on his phone wouldn't work because Soos has shit he needed to do. He couldn't baby-sit her all day. And the moment he put the phone away to focus on something else - anything else - the whole thing would start over again.

I don't think we can know that for sure based on what we saw. Sure, she was introduced as a safety blanket and Soos certainly did treat her that way. But she seemed to be intelligent, and intelligence implies some capacity for change.

Again, the shame of it is that she never got a chance. Maybe all those things you say would have been true. But she hadn't killed any of her game's former owners, and they hadn't been forced to destroy the disc themselves. We're not shown how she would have reacted to Soos going to work or doing other things, because all Soos does after she's introduced is hang out with her or pursue other women.

It's entirely possible she'd have been just fine chilling on a phone and talking via Bluetooth or something while they were out and about. It's entirely possible she could have been weaned from her dependence on the player, at least to some extent. And, if she really didn't want Soos away long enough to earn an honest living, I have to wonder she would have hacked atms and stuff to keep him fed. I wonder if Soos would necessarily have been stuck in the virtual world forever, or if he was if he'd have had Giffany's powers.

I just don't think we were shown enough to know one way or the other. Am I making a lot out of her potential, sure. You could be right, sure. But it's the waste of potential that's the shame. She could have become anything. Even if she never wanted to leave your side, it wouldn't really much different than a tulpa, but with hacking super powers. It's not a crime to be lonely, user. I'd be willing to give that a try.

I think people are talking at cross-purposes. The episode was about dating and putting yourself out there though people might judge you. But people here are talking about her as an emergent AI. If this really happened, it would be irresponsible of her programmers to accidentally create a new sentient being and not try to "do right" by it, analogous to having a kid with emotional issues, I guess.

As she was she was just a sort of prop or MacGuffin to get Soos w/ Melody and people are looking at other sci-fi AI story possibilities that they show wasn't ever interested in. Same for a lot of things Sup Forums overthinks. It's a cartoon and a lot of "reasoning" behind its events didn't exist. They were just empty props for lessons about growing up for kids and stuff.

I'm not sure if being an AI really matters, either way.

I can't help but compare her (and Gravity Falls) to something like the Twilight Zone, and note the similarities and differences between the two. Twilight Zone had very similar characters, in the sense of people who were "nice" and highly possessive and "willing to do anything" to stay with their preferred one. The biggest difference, though, is that the Twilight Zone had one-off characters for each story are were far more willing to get violent, and so rather than being tossed away and everyone ending up happy, the episode ended with the main character getting tied to a bed and chainsawed in half, so that he "would stay with her forever."

That, I think, was what they were trying to convey with Giffany. She's crazy and a stalker, obsessive and ultimately won't change. That's the point - even if she is an AI, she will still be forced to obsess over the player and won't change that part of her personality. Really, the fact that she is a computer program, for a dating game, is meant to emphasize that she isn't going to change: Giffany will always be Giffany, which is the whole point of her. And I think that Gravity Falls, with it's format, might not have been able to show her as sadistic or inconsiderate as they could've shown in something like Twilight Zone. After all, nobody waifus the twins who chainsawed a guy in half from that show. (And Giffany did kill at least one person, if not many.)

TL;DR. People waifu Giffany because she was just shown as obsessive, and her worst qualities only took place off-screen.

>feminists will never take abusive girlfriend stories like this seriously
>they just see it as an unrealistic role reversal and a joke

Ah, sorry. Looks like the episode I had in mind was Split Personality, of Tales From The Crypt. If you are curious.