Good Sci Fi

I'm cleansing myself with good sci fi after seeing TLJ, post some good scifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Minority Report
Starship Troopers
Primer

Source Code was a lot better than I expected. You really have to look past the promotional bullshit and the shit title and give it a fair shot.

why couldn't this have included more of the actual mission in the story

Braaaaaaaaaaa-ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil
Jalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Space Station 13

lol so randum XD penguin of doom LOL!

If you love moon, you'll probably like sunshine.

Cause that wasn't the point

I just want more movies about long ass missions far out in space like the second half of 2001 and Interstellar. Is there anything out there?

It's a good movie but not really a good sci fi movie IMO. Scifi takes a back seat to everything else going on.

I saw passengers recently it's OK. Nowhere near as sciency as those two however.

I recommend Silent Running (1972)
Also Children of Men (2006) and The Lobster (2015) on the off chance you haven't seen them

Europa Report

ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Pandorum

yeah well kill yourself

see

Silent Running blows.

I know what it is. You shilling it in a completely unrelated thread further reinforces the stereotype that you're a bunch of insufferable cunts.

A huge chunk of the best science fiction is anime OVAs from the 80s-90s as well as a few series, you might want to poke around in there.

In fact as a hardcore sci-fi enthusiast that might be the highest concentration of quality material.

Underrated. And "Benson, Arizona" is a great theme song

If you want to play a game with emergent qualities that's actually good instead of lel randumb just play Dwarf Fortress. The procedurally generated AI is more dynamic than actual players, anyway.

YEssss! This is surprisingly funny for a polish sci-fi. Also its got tits galore in it.

It's heavily underrated, it has its flaws but its a good piece of science fiction that plebs will never understand.

Longshot, but.....
Larbog of Zimeni?

no it's not underrated. its overrated by boomers that watched it young. Zero Population Growth is superior.

have a start kit for people who arent weebs?

It has a certain indefinable early 70's charm.

Hippie shlock that aged terribly. THX 1138 is from a year prior and holds up remarkably, so the early 70s aren't an excuse.

Shit I just realized nobody's mentioned that movie in this thread. Watch THX 1138 if you haven't.

no sorry

>who arent weebs?
What are you doing on Sup Forums?

most misunderstood scifi of all time?

i like the pictures of anime girls but not usually the actual stories

OH GGOD trn it off when it becomes tghe 3rd act

Nope.

Sup Forums despise weebs, newfriend.

japkino

its still a solid 8 with the 3rd act

fuck off weebs no one wants to see your shallow interpretation of western ideas in slideshow form

First half is awesome but the second half it turns into a shitty slasher movie

patlabor is solid and almost universally liked.

Moon is not good sci-fi. It's absolute flaw-riddled shite

As if he's a jew?

but it's not scifi

t. nigga who prefers Morbus mod to TTT

>shite
Why do bongs have such awful taste in films?

this, first half was absolute sci-fi kino. They should have ditched their bad attempt at horror. Cabin fever is cliche.
>apparently this movie made Nolan's Scarecrow become an atheist lmao

ohh, who can really say what the writers meant?

I mean just hit the typical Gunbuster / Bubblegum Crisis & related / Koichi Ohata shit, maybe Gunnm, Megazone 23, 08th MS Team, LoGH of course, Key the Metal Idol maybe, Armitage III, Oedo, all that kind of shit. Memories / Neo Tokyo / Roujin Z / Robot Carnival and such. Series are a whole new can of worms I mean you've got anything from Patlabor / Gundam / VOTOMs to Crest of the Stars and Sidonia or GitS. Evangelion is a no brainer for anyone who hasn't watched it. Without getting into the autist/more recent shit like Pandora or Twintails which imo is the cream of the crop but I am surrounded by figures of nude anime girls at this very moment for some perspective. Off the top of my head, this is tip of the iceberg stuff.

I think because we can see childish, immature, poorly written garbage for what it is. I understand though if you're fed on a diet of Avengers and Transformers stuff like Moon may appear "kino", but by simply paying attention to the plot you begin to understand how fucking awful it really is.

Gunbuster is a good introduction to anime in general. That shit's a masterpiece and only three hours long.

>gunnm
>key
>armitage

I like these as much as the next guy but I wouldn't recommend them. People would nope the fuck out.

List five good sci-fi films, if you're so great.

Sorry I asked, I forgot I don't have autism.

This

Moon was written and directed by a Bong lol

I mean Gunnm is really cool to most guys. Yeah Key is more niche but has character writing in the very top tier. And Armitage III is definitely a "fuck you I like it" piece, though people often get it confused with Dual Matrix which is actually fucking terrible.

The gunnm anime isn't good. The manga otoh is excellent sci fi imo.

I heard it was david bowies son under a pseu-diddly-eudonym

You sure you aren't doing that thing where the anime is bad because you like the manga more like what Berserk people do? Because I've never read the Gunnm manga and found the anime really captivating and fun.

source?

GANBASTAAAAA

Well I wasn't suggesting I was great, simply that Moon is fucking trash and poor sci-fi. But seeing as you asked.

Solaris
The Matrix
Akira
Alphaville
The Terminator
Alien
ET
Metropolis
The Fly
Back to the Future
Blade Runner
The Iron Giant
Star Wars
Inception
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

You can pick 5 from that. All are vastly superior to Moon though.

You can't even compare the anime to the manga. The anime was a 2 episode direct to video release and only the first episode was half decent.The manga has been running for 27 years now..

gunbuster.

I've seen all but one of those

Which haven't you seen?

Yeah you sound exactly like a Berserk mangafag right now, even though the '97 series is great. Sure Gunnm is short, but it's got a great setting and cool fights and a rocket boost hammer, regardless of a stack of paper that exists somewhere that somehow makes it bad by existing.

alphaville

You've barely watched any science fiction at all what the heck.

add battle angel alita to that list

I bet I've watched far more than you ever.

Try it. One of Godard's best for me.

Yeah that's what we've been discussing(Gunnm)

Mate I've serveral copies of the anime on laserdisc and vhs, both jap and english versions. It's objectively worse than the manga and the second episode just isn't good in general. deal with it.

Yeah alright mr star wars ET the iron giant, I'm sure you have.

Unironically I've probably watched more sci-fi B movies than you have sci-fi movies total if that's the kind of shit you're listing. Grow up and watch more movies.

Sounds interesting

The manga isn't even relevant. It's a good OVA. Someone else even piped in on it. Mangafags are the worst.

>Enter "science fiction movies" into google and post the top fifteen results
Why

Event Horizon was kino, fuck the critics

Ah, you're a nigger. That explains everything now and how you struggle to understand words and follow a conversation. Because I'm asked to list five good sci-fi films, I pick about 15 and you, with you're single-digit IQ coon brain, have convinced yourself they're the ONLY sci-fi films I've ever watched.

I bet you think Moon is "kino", It's exactly the sort of shite niggers like.

Why did I pick a bunch of good sci-fi films after being asked to?? Tricky one that, Redditor. Maybe rather than getting upset you could explain why they aren't good sci-fi.

>popular opinion
>good

>Good rock bands? Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones...
>What? I haven't listened to a lot of rock?? You're a nigger!
That's what you sound like right now

He's probably just confused why someone who claims to know anything about science fiction films hasn't watched anything past literally the most popular ones ever made. I definitely am.

It's really not a good oav. Only the first episode has nice art and I liked it enough to buy something like 8 copies of it but I'm not delusional enough to claim it's good. I like it for purely selfish reasons.

>It's not good but I like it
Oxymoronic

So explain why those films I picked aren't good sci-fi.

I wasn't asked to list every sci-fi film I have ever seen, I wasn't asked to list obscure sci-fi films, or sci-fi films only watched by 100 people. I was asked to pick 5 good sci-fi films. I did that.

If you don't think they're good then by all means tell me why they aren't.