>goes on for 5 hours
>peasants starving to death
>""""reeducation"""" camps
>invasion of cambodia

>vietnam war movie
>jaime hendrix starts playing

>movie
>americans are the good guys

>implying that an anti democratic militia that took over the country by force and destroyed free speech, massacred their own civilians etc was not the bad guys

Ok comrade

>Vietnam war movie
>No Australians

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Long_Tan

>>anti democratic militia that took over the country by force and destroyed free speech, massacred their own civilians
are you talking about north vietnam or america

>war movie
>no good guys or bad guys

>anti democratic
kys

Look up the 'My Lai Massacre'.

>dey just is sam

>hehe dis wan ebent prov us just bad
>heheohoh

>Hollywood film
>Russians are the bad guys
>Protagonist speaks broken Russian
>Subtitles don't match what Russian dudes are saying
I've learned to live with it desu

The Viet Minh was by far the most popular party in Vietnam and would have swept general elections if they had been held which was the reason for the creation of the artificial political entity "South Vietnam" in the first place which was essentially just the vestige of the colonial government backed by France.

>posting shit that has no relevance to vietnam

Did the US execute vietnamese for owning the wrong books or saying the worng words?

>it ain't me starts playing
>it's just on loop for the whole movie even during inappropriate times

They are literally anti democratic you retard, Vietnam was not democratic since the end of that war.

>vietnam war movie
>americans are the good guys
Name two

What was the point of the vietnam war?
>a relatively small county halfway around the world is becoming communist, better spend billions of dollars and invade them

it's good when germans do it

They aren't, Vietnam is not even democratic now, it was a coup

Banana Mommy is my wife

Proxy war with USSR

>weeb faggot acts like killing yellow subhumans isn't doing the Lord's work

Lel kill yourself

You mean one of the countless atrocities committed by both sides in this war that was started by the communists attempting to violently seize power?

I'm not arguing with you I'm stating the fact that the entire polity of South Vietnam was a foreign interdiction against the overwhelming and indisputable popularity of the Viet Minh among the general Vietnamese populace, even among those in the South.

weapons testbed and make a gazillion dollars for bell and dow

neither side was ever democratic. But popular, local support was definitely with the communists.

Face it, you Americans were imperialists invaders violently undermining national sovereignty of an oppressed people fighting against insurmountable odds.

It was a great story, one of the greatest underdog stories of real world history, and the world still celebrates the fact that you had your shit utterly kicked in, and went back across the ocean with your tails between your legs like the little bitches you are.

There is no evidence that they had the support of the majority of the population, otherwise they would offer elections to make the party power legitimate to the UN instantly

US lost a lot of people too, and drafted non-military into the military.

Bro, it was flat out US troops raping noncombatants, then killing them. The same thing your 56% warriors do in other countries such as Japan. The same things they did in WW2 to countries they were supposedly allied with.

It's one thing to have a civil war and then rape the defeated side, it's another thing altogether to travel halfway across the world to rape your allies.

So you completely ignore the fact that the communists, extensively supported by the USSR, were actively trying to conquer South Vietnam. Nah, the US should have just rolled over and let the reds do whatever they please.

You're probably some fashion of leftard yourself.

>vietnam war movie
>no good guys

>neither side was ever democratic. But popular, local support was definitely with the communists.
Bullshit, there is a reason why elections exist, Isis raised a huge part of the population in the areas where they took over simply because they terrorized the population to support them in the fight

>implying that the communists were being supported by imperialist Russia and China
There was even chinese soldiers

>using Japan as a victim example in a discussion about warcrimes

Yeah, and? Rape and murder is the rule in war, not the exception. Very few armies have historically shown nearly as much restraint as the US has for the past century. Certainly not the barbarians they were fighting.

Of course, as soon as the US threw down for real, a whole bunch of anti-war movements and the entire media machine kicked into overdrive to stoo them. Fuck off you commie hypocrite.

>But popular, local support was definitely with the communists.
The same communists that would chop you up for even talking to the Americans or SVA? Yeah I wonder why.

I'm sure they did, which makes them neither better nor worse than every other agent in that war.

What is undoubtedly true, is that the communists had the distinction of being the only side to fight against every foreign aggressor; be they the Americans, the French or the Japanese, which explains why the whole nation was happy to help them kick your sorry asses.

>>and the entire media machine kiced into overdrive trying to stop them
Holy shit, journalists doing their jobs?! Fuck them right?

>Implying America's record isn't worse and still expanding

I am glad for the Vietnam war because everyone became friends after it was over. (I am talking about the rest of the world, i know some more vietnamese kept dying)

who cares about south vietnam retard. only way the U.S. stopped the communists from exterminating more people was by making everyone hate the U.S. and support communism, and they probably ended up killing more people anyway so who cares

You fool. The Viet Minh WANTED national elections because they were sure to sweep them. The South balked at the idea and with US support refused the idea which were proposed in the 1954 Geneva Accords.

You don't know what you're talking about you buffoon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Geneva_Conference

>Rape and murder is the rule in war, not the exception

Against your enemies, yes. But against your allies?

No, the nature of television and journalism changed by the time Vietnam was a thing (could actually see what was happening in a war), and non-military were being drafted and affected people on a personal level.

That's why there was such a huge anti-war movement.

Give me one good reason why anyone should support an invading US army throwing napalm on jungle villages, rather than a local militia that has already successfully ousted two other imperialist invaders.

Face it, you guys were objectively the bad guys, and nothing could be more satisfying than the fact that you were completely humiliated.

>it ain't me
*child engulfed in napalm*
>I ain't no senator's son
*piles of inoculated arms*

>their jobs
What is this stupid meme? Journalists have always been recognized as sensationalist scum. In Vietnam they also happened to be openly sympathizing with the enemy. Just like they shilled for Mao and Castro before that. They were funded and corralled by the enemy. This idealistic view of journalists as guardians of the truth sounds so nice and fuzzy but it couldn't be further from the truth.

>one good reason
I will give you three, best war, best music and best movies.

>if you kill your enemies they win
You can't use hindsight to justify shit, retard. What you're saying is that you should never fight back since it might result in bloodshed.

arming groups who commit atrocities doesn't count mate, give me examples other than My Lai and No Gun Ri

I'll kill Jane Fonda for that shit if I ever get the chance. Real talk.

> sympathizing with the enemy.

In the Vietnam War, the "enemy" was clearly the good guys, and everything that could get that shitshow ended and your soldiers out of that country was God's work.

Those journalists were heroes.

because Vietnam under French or American rule would have been better than Vietnam under Communism

Not allies. Pawns. When you're fighting a global war, shit gets fuzzy. The Soviets certainly had no qualms about intentionally massacring "allies". Why should anybody support gangs of communists sneaking up in the night and kindapping your kids as hostages to ensure your loyalty? The Vietnamese people were stuck in a proxy war between two camps, neither of which gave a singular fuck about them. What mattered was halting the communists' progress in south east Asia.

You know this perfectly well, you're just pretending to care because it currently suits you.

for the most part it's not hindsight. the U.S. did a sloppy shitty job in vietnam, they had 9 years to sort things out and they couldn't do it because they were too busy claiming pointless objectives. also by "killing more people in the end" what i really mean is contributed to more people dying, since i think the communists killed more people than the U.S. did during the 70's

[citation needed]

Besides, America under British rule would be better than America is today.

Why? Honest question.

They could have handily won the war if not for the myriad of hangups back home. Phoenix Program nearly eliminated Viet Cong, but was stopped because "journalists were doing their jobs" aka distributing classified information with soviet help.

Weird how heroin trafficking and poppy production was made non-existent in communist North Vietnam but in the South its proceeds were literally funding families at the highest levels of the Government.

Lel no fuck off you yellowtooth subhuman Muzzie dicksucker.

Yes, people die when they are killed.

> neither of which gave a singular fuck about them.

That's where you're wrong. The communists were able to cough up such extreme numbers, precisely because they had the support of the population.

Besides, I never said atrocities weren't committed. But when your nation is fighting for its life, against a far superior colonialist aggressor, civil liberties can't be expected.

>killing
>the Lord's work

I mean, based on the Old Testament, you aren't wrong, but what's the point of religion if it isn't even useful to develop morals.

Ugh, go back to fuck your dog.

Well for starters there would be free speech domecracy and no censorship

By killing all of them, burning non-combatants, and raping them?

Go back to fuck yourself.

Why not? If you're American why shouldn't you want your country to control and destroy lesser nations and peoples?

except South Vietnam didn't have free speech or democracy, and had plenty of censorship

>The communists were able to cough up such extreme numbers, precisely because they had the support of the population
No, because they were free to operate from north vietnam with massive russian and chinese support. The VC was wiped out several times over.

>Why should anybody support gangs
Ironic since Diem's government funneled money into L I T E R A L drug running violent gangs and used them as a secret police force that terrorized locals and suppressed political rivals.

user.. how many people died after comunism won?

by rule it means that the war would be over, and commies killed 100 millions in 1 century so...

The question was about US rulling them.

Good idea, i'm fapping now. Too bad you can't do it because pf your cage.

And how did they replenish those numbers?

With local fighters...

how would that be a democracy?

>you need local supporters to get local fighters
You can terrorize them to join your side.

Sorry, correction. I meant Diem's predecessor Bao Dai, not Diem. In any case, South Vietnam willingly used well known gangs to terrorize and attack its opponents and funneled state money to them.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bình_Xuyên

>communist countries are dirt poor, unorganised, regressive and barbaric, the US were justified to invade Vietnam
>this small communist country has enough power to directly influence all US media to support them
you realise how retarded you sound right?

Yup, that's called fighting a war and retaining power. Nothing wrong with it.

If they are annexed as some kind of "empire" then they would be a state like hawaii

If they were under US influence they would follow South Korea, Germany and Taiwan

>Japan
They sent anyone who wasn't Japanese to a concentration camp AND conducted experiments on those non Japanese. Japan is lucky that we didn't invade their shitty Island and split it amongest the Allies.

I understand that we also sent innocent Japanese Americans to camps but atleast we actually gave them proper shelter, education, utilities, food, water and clothing. I would rather take my chances having to live in a camp with my own people than getting physically/Verbally abused or even killed by some redneck because of what happened at pearl harbor.

I'm pointing out the irony when you say
>Why should anybody support gangs sneaking up in the night and kindapping your kids as hostages to ensure your loyalty?

As your justification for fighting the North when South Vietnam was literally doing that.

So why was the US in there?

how does your first meme arrow explain russia and china
and who said that

>having to fall back on 80s anti-communist propaganda of muh 100 trillion
>thinking that South Vietnam was anything other than a series of puppet military juntas put in place by the US government.
>thinking that the Vietnamese people aren't objectively better off as an independent state

I want to marry her and raise her daughter with her.

unlikely, America was liberated and amended by men who wanted to create a free and entrepreneurial state.

The viet minh were a gang of communist sympathizers who were fairly single minded in their goal of removing imperialist power, but had no real idea what to do with the state after that

After the NVA gained power they put many civil servants, capitalists and former south vietnamese army into internment camps, where many stayed until the 80s

by '79 the notoriously bad communist handling of food production led to most of the country being on food rationing

These days they have a decent economy thanks to renewed trade with the US and growing capitalist influence, this would have likely occurred much sooner if the NVA had surrendered in '68

to bang yo mama.

Modern day Japan.

>Japan is lucky that we didn't invade their shitty Island

Yeah, I mean it's not like you have all of those US soldiers in Okinawa raping and murdering the local populace, right?

Yeah I'm sure South Korea and Taiwan envy their poverty and opressive goverment

Point was, US didn't have a good reason to be there, and were technically the bad guys.

They were never going to be an independent state while the cold war was on, this is the point

The viet minh did a shitty job of running the country until the 21st century rolled around and communism started to properly die

I'm proud of America for killing two million communists in Viet Nam, God willing we'll kill two million more here in the U.S. before they have the chance to gain real power.

>preventing communism from spreading throughout all of asia

They did a terrible job but the ultimate goals were sound

>americans
>good at war

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>The viet minh were a gang of communist sympathizers
The Viet Minh was the vast majority of the country. Calling it a 'gang' to make it sound like a nefarious backroom plot and not a popular revolution against generations of Foreign Imperialism.

In any case you should look no further than South Vietnam itself as what an American backed Indochina would look like. A murderous police state where the ruling political cliques fund themselves through state-sanctioned corruption linked to the narcotics trade that uses paramilitary gangs to terrorize its own population into docility.