Seth MacFarlane dies on 9/11

>Seth MacFarlane dies on 9/11

How does history change?

Nothing of value is lost

without Seth shows, [as] goes down under in 2005 or 2006

All his best work happened before that so yeah

We lose a couple eps of Johnny Bravo.

The Simpsons is still good, not because Family Guy made it look bad, but because they never had to become desperate to beat them in ratings.

We lose an admittedly good VA.

this t b h

He's pretty shit, desu. He can only emote in a really over the top way. Not a lot of subtlety and he's a mediocre singer who is unique because no one does big band style anymore

I miss out on my favourite show from when I was 13. I'm sure some good cartoons that have come out since are different because he influenced other creators, but really it could've been a lot worse. Imagine if Groening died only two years into Futurama. I'd be much more torn up about that, even if it meant Simpsons may have got the axe when it had run it's course.

This, honestly.
Also no American Dad, which would suck.
Gotta take the good with the bad.

He's good at the heavy drinker from Boston accent. To be a good VA you need to be more diverse.

Also sings really well. I'd kill for a baritone voice like his.

No AdultSwim, no Toonami

>matt groening goes through with making Life in Hell as an animated series in 1987

How does history change?

No American Dad and (presumably) no more Family Guy.

Other than that, who gives a shit.

No [as] would have been a damn shame.

And Moral Orel gets cancelled earlier

The Simpsons continues on and becomes the sole sitcom juggernaut of FOX, arguably experiencing an even worse state of decay than the current timeline due to there being no other show do have a standard comparison to and thus going completely off the wall with plots

No Cosmos remake either.

Remember that horrible episode where they change history so Al Gore wins against Bush and society turns into this utopia?

Something like that.

Does he die on THE 9/11 or just any old 9/11?

I like this "What If...?" thread.
Seth was supposed to get on one of the flights destined for the Twin Towers. He survived by having a hangover.

>Pic Related is a smashing box office and critical success, what changes?
>inb4 no Samurai Jack S5 instead, Genndy gets his movie.

Television is probably better. Twitter, too.

Nothing, same place same year, but in this universe Seth Macfarlane died, so we are 15 years in the future of adult mature western animation

who am i kidding

Seth's an odd fellow. He's clearly a man of great talent and good taste, but at the same time he also knows what makes money nowadays and chooses to do bottom tier humor as a result.

King of the Hill would have gotten another season or two instead of being cancelled in favor of The Cleveland Show

>He's clearly a man of great talent and good taste
That's quite arguable.

Cartoons are better.
The demographic that would be watching Family Guy probably maintain a higher IQ than they currently have.

>cash cow shows die when their creators die instead of being endlessly milked until useless by their networks
You are living in a fantasy world.

You kidding? Futurama made [as], not Family Guy. Hell, Futurama made Family Guy by proxy of [as].

So it'd go down in 2009.

Cleveland show is actually alright.

koth wasn't canceled because of it anyway. and it had a great run. better ending on a high note instead of burning out like the simpsons. I mean, hell, most shows period don't last 13 seasons.

King of the Hill had stagnated to hell and back.
Peggy is stupid, never learns her lesson.
Bobby is fat and lazy, gets a new skill, loses it by the next episode.
Hank's father doesn't love him.
Dale is insane.
Boomhaur sleeps around.

Luanne decides that she doesn't want to be a hillbilly and goes to community college, only to quit and get married to Lucky.

We wouldn't have American Dad that'd suck

A leopard doesn't change its spots.

>creator of Family Guy seasons 1 and 2 dies in the North Tower

It would be Sup Forums legend at this point.

>Life in Hell
It will fail hardcore and then he will make the simpsons

People would be nostalgic as fuck for family guy and gush about how good it was
adultswim would be done for and CN would be restructured after the inevitable boston incident following a lack of profit
Americans would have continued to get offended by everything resulting in a massive increase in sjws
south park ends before it gets bad because trey got killed by a florida based muslim man

>futurama doesn't get revived by comedy central

How does history change?

I don't think Ive ever seen anyone talk about any of the new seasons. Not even on the futurama subreddit. Everyone says its good but I guess its not memorable at all

Does this make him the Jason Todd of animation?

Genndy probably still wouldn't have gotten his movie.

According to Genndy on the Adult Swim Q&A, he was intending to finish up Samurai jack after working on Clone wars, be it by a movie or a season 5 or what have you, but there was a management shift at Cartoon network in 2005. The new execs just didn't "get" Genndy's work, so he packed his bags and moved to Orphanage Animation.

No Ted movie.

>No American Dad
Kys yourselves, one of the greatest cartoons of the past 10 years would have never been made if he had died

we're all sad about how such a great show only had 3 enjoyable seasons

i want a full musical with only his voice
maybe his daughter too

to be fair, most western VAs only do the same 1-2 voices anyway.
the only really outstanding one was mel blanc, and that was more from necessity.

All the Johnny Bravo episodes he was involved with aired in 1997.

Family Guy didn't really become a cash cow show until it was revived in 2005. If Seth Macfarlane had died in 9/11, the show would've been canceled after season 3 like it initially was, except it wouldn't have come back.

none of FG was good.

none of it. the early episodes are painful.

If Seth died on 9/11, most of seasons 1-3 of Family guy would've been completed and aired, but a few of them towards the end of s3 might've not been, because they were made in late 2001-early 2002.

Family Guy becomes the Firefly of Fox Cartoons.

her VA died soon after the show was cancelled, so i always thought that if they kept it around longer than when they did she would have died in the show as well

>what changes?
Live action Johnny Bravo starring The Rock