Reminder that we would've gotten Samurai Jack season 5 a lot sooner if not for corporate politics

Reminder that we would've gotten Samurai Jack season 5 a lot sooner if not for corporate politics.

According to Genndy on the Adult Swim Q&A, he was intending to finish up Samurai jack after working on Clone wars, be it by a movie or a season 5 or what have you, but there was a management shift at Cartoon network in 2005. The new execs just didn't "get" Genndy's work, and were not willing to renew his contract, so he packed his bags and moved to Orphanage Animation.

So CN 2005 execs, wherever you are, know this: you will forever be tasteless plebs.

I mean, as weird as it sounds... I wouldn't have it any other way.

It was a timeless classic as far as animation is concerned, but having it pop up now (on a network with less restrictions) allows for a more mature ending. Also, it exposes more people to the show.

And really gets my nostalgia going

Don't remind me, we could have had an actual conclusion instead of this literal fanfic-tier garbage.

See you Saturday!

Also note that exactly when Genndy left was around the time when Cartoon network started to lose its charm and began replacing kino shows like Samurai Jack, Megas XLR, and Duck Dodgers with flat-out mediocre or meh shows like Squirrel Boy, My Gym partner's a Monkey, and Camp lazlo.

Screw you, 2005 cn execs.

lol

Or we would have watched it back in a time before most posters here became disillusioned contrarians.

Here's the plot twist! Anything you were expecting is actually the fanfiction.

>I flung him into 2017, where my shitposting is law

>more mature ending

Things happening now that would not have happened on CN:
>child abuse
>blood
>teen murder
>benis :DDDDDDD
>naked lolis
>naked waifus

All welcome additions of course, but so far they could have told the exact same story without these things.

It probably wouldn't have happened if Genndy had his popyeye movie.

During the stream Q&A it really sounded like it being cancelled dealt a blow to the direction of his career.

>Not aggreeing with the majority is being contrarian
It's not even summer, and yet...

>>teen murder
>they could have told the exact same story without these things.
doubt

Camp Lazlo is pure unadulterated kino you uncultured swine. Die of aids and rot in hell where you belong

So far the death of ashi's sisters hasn't even fazed her. They could have been an army of robot bodyguards for all the impact it had

Atleast I am at school to know what shit means. It might have done you some good, buddy.

Samurai Jack was dog shit.
They were doing us a favor by not allowing it.

Lots of people want to finish their canceled cartoon with a movie or extra season. Sometimes (like EEnE and Teen Titans) they get to, but most of the time they don't.

Samurai Jack season 5 isn't something that was "supposed to happen", just something people talked about. And for a network that "just didn't 'get' Genndy's work", they sure as hell gave him a lot of budget and free reign in the ratings bomb that was Sym-Bionic Titan.

She wasn't built for those deaths to affect her.

They all would abandon each other the second they died, they weren't trained to care for each other; they were all just tools designed for one goal: death of Jack.

Yeah, all that non-existent impact it had on Jack.

When you have such shit taste to begin with, I guess it just gives you a baseline of shit in all of your senses.

>more robots!

>When you have such shit taste to begin with, I guess it just gives you a baseline of shit in all of your senses.
I'm so sorry that I prefer cartoons with good writing and art with depth.

>And for a network that "just didn't 'get' Genndy's work", they sure as hell gave him a lot of budget and free reign in the ratings bomb that was Sym-Bionic Titan.
True, but different people were running CN in 2005 as opposed to 2010, so of course they'd have a different mentality on Genndy's work.

Give an example if you're so tough :)

An example of what? A cartoon that's better than Samurai Jack?
Pretty much every other cartoon airing at that time.

Can't come up with anything,as expected

So Samurai Jack was the only cartoon airing on Cartoon Network at the time?
I didn't think you were that stupid, but apparently you are.

>"A man who was lost in the desert for so long he began to worship the idea of thirst"

>"give a specific example"
>cant
>resorts to namecalling

If only Mako were still alive

Just to humor you, I took a look at the shows that started airing from 2001-2004

So much shit, with the good ones being far from "deep". Almost none with good art... and claiming Jack isn't "art" just betrays your own argument.

The only great thing about Samurai Jack is the backgrounds. They're beautiful. Everything else sucks.

I didn't call him a name, I said he was stupid.
When you call someone crippled it doesn't mean you're calling them a cripple.

>Almost none with good art
Well, now we know who has the real shit taste.

You're still unable to name a single one
It's incredible that you keep posting

This

It would've been similar, just not as dark

Camp Lazlo was shit. You should feel ashamed with yourself

oh yeah, because butt ugly martians, totally spies, brace face, fairly odd parents, invader zim, justice league, the oblongs, the proud family, adventures of jimmy neutron, super duper sumos, mucha lucha, ozzy and drix, my dad the rock star, (rugrats) all grown up, danny phantum... actually, outside of a small handful, I can't find many 2001-2004 (originally) airing cartoons that are artistic.

Did I miss some treasure trove of art in childhood cartoons user?

There were good shows in there, but none that were as artistic as Samurai Jack. And none from that time that were more "deep"

>none that were as artistic as Samurai Jack
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so are you incapable of forming an argument or what

He just holds Butt Ugly Martians up as the pinnacle of mankind's artistic ability.

All other works pale in comparison.

Fuck off cunt.

(you)

(me)