I'd love to put this Mary Sue shit to bed once and for all...

I'd love to put this Mary Sue shit to bed once and for all. This fight isn't nearly as ludicrous as you guys have been saying for 2 years now.

1. Kylo just took a bowcaster shot to the body. Every other person that got hit with it flew into the air.
2. He just killed his father. Gonna repeat that one again, he just killed his fucking father. I know everyone here is a raging sociopath, but at least try to empathize with the idea that might shift you off of your A game.
3. He doesn't care about Finn and takes out Finn pretty damn fast. It's clear he's not focused on him at all, and when he decides to put him down, he does it very easily. Watch again, it's a hella one-sided fight, and we can assume Finn has had basic combat training.
4. Kylo DOES NOT WANT TO KILL REY. At no point in the fight is he trying to kill her. Could he if he wanted to? Maybe, but it doesn't matter cause he's not trying, he wants to convert her from the outset of the fight.
5. Rey has been fighting with a melee weapon, presumably her entire life. She grew up on a planet where she was probably getting into fights her whole fucking life.

Kylo is the gifted rich kid who took fancy karate lessons his whole life, Rey is the kid growing up on the streets who was getting into actual, physical fights all the goddamn time. All of this shit considered, I think the scene plays out just like it should.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/jiawes.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=rWF0f183tSA
change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-have-disney-strike-star-wars-episode-viii-from-the-official-canon
youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone that bitches about her being a Mary Sue here is an idiot. There's actual bullshit moments like her knowing how to fly the falcon and force controlling Daniel Craig. This is not one of them

Who cares about this fake and gay shit anyway?

to be fair though, the movie does a pretty poor job of establishing this list

the Falcon flying doesn't bug me too much, she scraps shit for a living and the Millenium Falcon probably isn't all that complicated of a vehicle in the Star Wars universe. The instant jedi mind trick part was a bit much though.

ok jay,
go brush your hair faggot

hi jay
There is more than just this fight where rey is a mary sue.

If he wasn't a sociopath that can't handle killing his father then why did he do it eh

Why didn't kylo just freeze her if he wanted her alive?

>He killed his father reeeee listen to me I'm an idiot
Him killing his father should have only made him stronger. He's a fucking sith you nitwit, the emotions of killing him should have been something he could have tapped into for power. Your retarded bullshit doesn't even make sense within the story universe

you 90's born queers are fucking pathetic

oh look another dumb fuck that doesn't understand star wars

>UGH YOU GUYS ARE SO DUMB
>READ MY HEADCANNON
fuck off nigger

Nothing on Jakku indicated that she was ever in any brawls, besides the fact that she carries around a staff. For all we know she only ever used that to assist in exploring the downed star ships. She sleeps on the outskirts like it's nothing, nobody in the town seems threatening besides the big morshu jew in the shop. Ships lie out in the open and nobody steals them. The alien version of Mr. Magoo walks around like it's a stroll through a cozy park.

There were no sand people, there was no Mos Eisley "hive of villainy". Are we meant to assume that these things simply exist just because it's a trashy sand planet? If anything Jakku seems pretty safe as far as Star Wars worlds are concerned.

Embarrassing. Not a single argument

He's not a Sith you fucking retard

and the shit OP dribbles out is? again, fuck off nigger, show me a reason in the film for REY CLOSES HER EYES AND THEN BECOMES STRONGER AND BEATS KYLO
actually don't, i'm hiding this shit thread, go play in traffic instead you worthless brainlet

Eat a fucking Jay. This is a trained fucking force user versus some bitch who has literally never held a lightsaber in her fucking life. It flies in the face of both basic logic and good storytelling that she doesn't lose here. This fight should have ended like Luke's first fight with Vader: hero gets his ass beat, loses a hand, and is about to die when some contrivance allows her to escape.

Also how the fuck is that bitch doing anything to Luke, are you fucking kidding me, Luke should be able to rip her skeleton out of her body by coughing at this point

>MY HEADCANON IS REAL
>REEEEE LISTEN TO MEEEE
holy fuck you are pathetic son, i hope you die in a fire

LOTTA EFFORT FOR A HIRED SHILL

She's literally his equal on terms of the Force, it's explained in TLJ. Therefore, because she was in much better condition during that moment than Kylo, she could win
>Still no argument

Yeah I totally understand, my training with a bo stff translates well into fighting with a katana.

Dude, I was just trolling with all those threads.

Actually I'm pretty sure it's explicitly stated somewhere that he thought killing his father would make him stronger but it didn't and only made him weaker.

Rey is still a Mary Sue, but I do think this particular scene isn't that bad example of it.

Okay well answer this flyboy
Why would someone shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?

Kylo is the grandson of dark vader, he was trained extensively by both luke skywalker and supreme leader snoke, he can freeze blaster bolts and people in place with the force, earlier in the movie he froze Rey completely in place and knocked her out with zero effort.

Rey has never used a lightsaber before in her life and has only barely stumbled her way into using the force a little somehow.

>Mental gymnastics the post

I love how if you literally have to bend over backwards and the scene still only sort of makes sense.

well yea they probably said "yea well... desert planet, crime and shit, ye"
honestly sounds like more work than they actually did but i don't get paid big bux to shill a political agenda so i guess i dunno :^)

>gets beat with a training stick
>pulls a lightsaber
No wonder luke didn't want to train her, the unstable madwoman

He just defeated Finn. He punched he own wound to get pumped up. And he may of just killed his father, but inner turmoil only makes Sith stronger. Please, they wrote him getting shot to try to justify Rey beating him, not the other way around. Even if he hadn't been shot he would've been defeated.

>Justifying shit writing
What is the point OP? What is your end? Okay she isn't a Mary Sue. Now what? She beat Kylo Ren before she and she tied him in the film after. Where is the big bad adversary that is meant to be in 9?

At least after ESB, you are left with the sense that Luke is really on the backfoot. So what if Rey beats Kylo again in 9? Who gives a shit. She has beaten him once. She can do it again. There is nothing threatening about the bad guys to look forward to in 9.

>Kylo is the gifted rich kid who took fancy karate lessons his whole life
By that you mean being trained by Luke himself in his new Jedi Order? HAHAHAHAHA face it kid, she's a Mary Sue 100% completely. There is no argument. Stop making these threads and accept it.

>t-they explained it in the n-next movie!
>that's t-totally fine and n-not bullshit
wew lad

Riddle me this:

If he was seriously injured from a blaster

Why is there no scar showing when he is shirtless in the next film

Fucking hate these movies

Wow you're stupid

WOW NOT AN ARGUMENT FAGGOT
off yourself kiddo

Because his pants are clearly covering it you imbecile

>I'd love to put this Mary Sue shit to bed once and for all.
Except that doesn't even begin to explain the dozen other things that happen in that movie that makes her queen of the Mary Sues.

Everyone else but you, apparently.

>parroting rlm

Isn't she only powerful because of Kylo Ren? The more powerful he gets, she does too? She still shouldn't be able to know how to fight as well as him though since he has more training. I actually feel like they did a better job of showing this in TLJ during their fight she is clearly the rookie who doesn't quite know what she's doing while he is taking 5 by himself and 3 on 1.

Also the saber split at the end showing they are now equal in the force or some shit.

I do think she was too Mary Sue in TFA but Kylo did get shot and was bleeding out, not to mention it's stated killing Han made him weaker instead of stronger like he thought. He also wanted to be her teacher, so he wasn't trying to kill her or anything.

There are definitely better scenes to illustrate her Mary Sue-ness.

my.mixtape.moe/jiawes.webm

she is more of a mary sue in ep 8
not in 7 fuck anyone that 7 she is way less relatable than luke in 4 but still not a mary sue

We had this discussion million times, but whatever
1. It was stupid to tank this shot for him in the first place. Yet he survived and was fine - he also got ahead of them somehow, was spinning and running with no problems and defeated trained soldier just fine
2. He's dark force user, negative emotions make him stronger, his link to the dark side should have been stronger than ever, that's why he killed his father and was punching his wound. But stupid writers decided otherwise.
4. Since when swinging at her with a fucking lightsaber means he doesn't want to kill her? What do you think would have happened if she failed to parry got cut in half? He only asks her to join him when they lock their sabers. That's also not an excuse for him to lose, since she managed to overwhelm his defense by swinging at him like a retard a few times, while he was dodging Finn's attacks just fine (and Finn is a trained soldier).
Beating random hobos with a stick won't help you to understand fencing. Training in the lightsaber arts is not a fancy karate lessons, retard. Jedi proved time and time again that they are strong warriors and that their fencing works. Kylo killed entire academy on his own, and was fighting the resistance, he has experience, because he participated in actual war
Kill yourself, shill

It is shit because villains are supposed to be menacing especially if there are still followup movies about said villains. Who gives a shit what happens in 9? Kylo has never beaten or bested Rey. Hux is an incompetent idiot made to look like a fool. The FO might as well be a sunday cartoon villain.

Rey being a Mary Sue doesn't hinge on this fight though. It's mostly everything else, to the point that injuring Kylo was a writer's copout so Rey wouldn't seem weak against him.

Fuck off, and quit making excuses, she is what she is you ass hat.

>hella
Stopped reading there.

Faggot.

That's literally the best argument, you have to over analyze a whole damn movie just to pick out tiny parts that support your stupid ass theory. Kylo shown to be a force god by the very beginning of the movie, you see his power, there's no way the dumb bitch would ever come close to winning. You having to stick your head up your own ass to at least find some evidence to support your claims, it is truly pathetic.

Your post makes far too much sense to be on Sup Forums. Anyone who isn't a raging autist understood all of that on their first viewing.

>there's no way the dumb bitch would ever come close to winning
Not to mention the fact that she suffered a concussion before the fight.

imagine if anakin in episode 1 beat darth maul who was shot in the abdomen

That's how ridiculous Rey beating Kylo was

A million times this. Alt righties don't understand logic, only tribalism and crying.

>thread is about shit from TFA
>B-B-BUT THE NEXT MOVIE PROVES SHE ISN'T
way to move goalposts while also trying out for the Olympics Mental Gymnastics team

If you're going to ignore my entire post don't even bother responding

My god you people are so fucking annoying, it wasn't just this scene retard, she could do practically anything, she lives completely on her own with no help from anyone and she is a teenage girl, she beat up several men at once in TFA, beat Luke Skywalker in TLJ and almost struck him down with a lightsaber, she took on multiple elite guards, she knew more about the falcon than han solo, she can speak mulitple languages, she literally was moving mountains in TLJ...She is obviously a classic Mary Sue. Nobody cares it's just that it makes her character bland. If your main character has no progression or growth and can do everything immediately nobody cares.

Death Star's is designed to thwart a large scale assault (like a capital ship) not tiny starfighters, otherwise, it'd have a tighter defense.

"Governor! their heavy cruiser is preparing to jump to hyperspace- right toward us!"

"Single ignition reaction. Fire!"

he wants to fuck her tho

Use more than one ship
problem solved

Maul was barely a character. Just an attack dog. Anakin was tiny, and we didn't already see him kick two people's ass with just a stick in a street scuffle.

Hey poor people! Just be rich! Problem solved.

A post you're replying to literally says the other scenes were the issue you fucking mongoloid

A single event does not make one a Mary Sue.
She is a master at close combat.(Able to take out multiple, armored, military enemies at once)
She is a master pilot despite never having left the planet.
She can fix the Falcon better/faster than the ones who owned and piloted it for decades.
She can use the force better and faster than other character.
Every character either loves her or fears her power.
She never needs help, she never has major failures. Any time she starts to they are almost instantly overcome by herself.
OP is not a good friend.

I went to a swordfighting tournament when I was drunk and hungover from the previous night, with a broken right hand, and I still took out 3 guys before I had to bow out from pain and dehydration. I had only been training for about 1 year at that point, Kylo had many more than that.

Even with all his handicaps, an untrained person would be completely and utterly helpless against him, because swordfighting is a fucking complex art. This is why Luke doesn't get into a swordfight until the 2nd film, and even then he gets his ass handed to him.

Why make a Death Star? Tractor beam an asteroid into enemy's planet for an extinction level event.

I think she is a Mary Sue but people should stop using this scene as an example.

My point is that it doesn't matter if they try to justify Rey being as good or why she isn't a Mary Sue. It doesn't fucking matter because we still end up with the same situation where Kylo Ren is shit and not threatening at all.

>Maul was barely a character. Just an attack dog.
Can't wait for Episode 9 where Rey gets her head blasted off with laser cannon, survive it and have the fans argue that the cannon is not a real character.

I don't believe you. You're a liar.

No, it was all of them COMBINED faggot. You can't exclude this scene. He literally got wrecked in this scene:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWF0f183tSA

watch from 2 minutes into the fight and keep in mind she has NO TRAINING at all as a Jedi or how to use a lightsaber, btw. Luke couldn't do anything like this till ROTJ. So yes, this is an example of how she is a Mary Sue.

Rey does nothing wrong, masters everything and everybody loves her, especially the legacy characters. Her only flaw is the source of her strength, that shes a desert orphan who spend her whole life hoarding trash.

I'm pretty sure the point isn't good vs evil anymore. They're going to work together in the end or something, it's not even about one beating the other. They didn't even fight in TLJ because they were too busy trying to fuck each other and the saber split in half. No one won anything.

So what is the point in 9?

So an untrained orphan defeated the Sith the not-Emperor personally picked because of his skills, trained by Luke Skywalker and so powerful than Luke himself went full psycho and tried to murder him in his sleep because of powerful he was and how fucking atrocious TLK script is.

That sounds like Mary Sue to me buddy, you excuses sound more like cringe

Being a scrapper and making things work are so so far away and distant from eachother that your opinion reveals you to be an ass of such incredible magnitude that the only solution is for you to an hero

It was a HEMA tournament in Los Angeles about 3 years ago.

Yeah but why doesn't he just force choke her or use the force to throw her 30 feet in to a tree. I mean he froze her earlier, what stopped him later.

Fuck TLJ

change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-have-disney-strike-star-wars-episode-viii-from-the-official-canon

>change.org

to challenge the characters, move them forward and establish the idea of Rey turning to Dark/Kylo turning to Light and set up the idea of balance with their bond

Everyone knows resolution doesn't happen until the last movie.

Even with all the headcannon you have to contrive to make this work, the execution kills it.

>look how open she leaves herself here.

balance probably

>this block is supposed to be believable.

It is made by JJ Abrams. It is going to be the safest movie not named TFA. KK can't risk another TLJ backlash. I know multiple people who aren't going to watch 9 already. And they already penned a new trilogy by Rian.

>kylo is just going to wait while Rey has her moment

If he just reached out and grabbed her pussy then she would have lost focus. Kylo such a bitch.

BEST VERSION OF KYLO REN

youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

You can either fight or you can't. You don't run in the snow for miles to catch up to Rey if you're too 'wounded' to fight, and hell it's like you said he took out Finn with like no effort at all while doing pirouettes and shit. Sure looks wounded to me, physical or otherwise.

>the audience is supposed to believe in these POWERFUL strokes

I honestly think he thinks it's hot and waited on purpose. I mean, the whole reason he became interested in her at first is because he was happy to find someone that could possibly be on his level. He was probably trying to see how powerful she really was by letting her do her thing. He did offer to be her teacher, he wanted to get her on his level so they could rule together.

ARMPITS
R
M
P
I
T
S

>this grip
Hahahahaahahaha. This is like a professional photographer was posing her for a little league baseball photo

I'M ACTING!

dude, matt freaking sucks

What is this stroke called?

YAAAAASSSS

Her being able to know things even Han didn't know and teaching him something about his own ship is a literal fancfiction mary sue moment.

triumph of feminism over men, 2015, colorized

>striking that far to the left
Was he even trying to hit her?