So being hypothetical, how would you react to a hard reboot of Marvel comics? And to add to that...

So being hypothetical, how would you react to a hard reboot of Marvel comics? And to add to that, how would you approach it?

>how would you approach it
I wouldn't. They've done nothing to prove themselves worthy of being approached, regardless of what they do to their universe.

Everything During OMD and after was in Tony's deams, after a bad night of drinking.

I'd drop the whole thing.

I'm not interested in a Marvel Comic Universe that doesn't have a labyrinthine ouroboros of continuity

look at what happened when they 'only' rebooted Spider-Man. That was over a decade ago and they only squeezed out one good storyline in the following years which was Gauntlet, which was able to be good thanks to its reliance on old continuity anyway

>I'm a colossal faggot still butthurt about Spider-Man after ten years of not reading it because not muh Slott

go back to DC, rebooter

this

reboots only result in faggotry and bitching

look at Nu52 - failed and had to be re-done within 5 years and mostly not because they'd done retarded things with timelines and continuity but because Superman wasn't wearing the right underwear

i mean fuck's sake if you're handing over to Morrison to fix everything you're mid-90s 2000AD

desperate

They'll probably do something stupid, like making Miles the only Spiderman.

Follow through with the current ultimates story-line about the evil sentient multiverse trying to eat our universe.

Have the finale include the evil multiverse being defeated by a hero/villain team-up (probably including Franklin Von Doom or some shit, the Maker, all the multiversal characters), but finding out the current multiverse was pretty much made up whole cloth by Franklin Richards which is why its so fucked up.

Re-establish a multiversal canon more in line with older versions, staged as a return to the "real" multiverse rather than the one Franklin made.

This would include:

Ultimate Remade- The Makers successful reborn "Ultimate" universe. Miles ends up as our main Spiderman here, but retains his multiversal knowledge.

616- the "classical" marvel universe with a sliding timescale.

The MCU-self explanatory, follows and is cannon to the movies.

Core- A new version of the classical marvel universe with a hard set timescale, so Spiderman, The Fantastic 4, The X-men, The Avengers etc are all classical heroes from the 60`s.

New- A universe reflecting our modern world without powers, following the first appearances of superpowers in a "realistic" setting.

Shadow-A universe where ALL the badguys won, but they kind of cancelled each other out into an evil cold war.

Heavily curate 616 and Core, MCU is tied to the movies but New and Ultimate Remade allow writers more room to play around. All events going forward will take place in "What If?" alternate universes, allowing for more weird shit and originality without ruffling feathers or pissing of people by altering classical characters.

Ne52 was great. Idiot like you and are killing the industry.

desperate
your turn

I actually quite like the idea of having modern-style events take place in What IF alternate universes.

It means you can have the goodguys hard lose some times, and the winning bad guys turn into villains for other universes/post apocalypse stories/dystopia stories without losing your "main" universe.

The "Core" universe, if it has non sliding, set timesline, should also include super-science technologies becoming the norm. So Reed etc actually look useful and have an impact on the world, shit like flying cars and all diseases being curable, no poverty etc round the world.

>nu52 kids are getting out of school early

Secret Wars would've been my event but.... :/

make the comics like the movies. Let the comics die

Let writers actually write stories and characters for their books. Not shoehorn in policy and buzzword non-sense.

>make the comics like the movies
That's what they've been doing for years, you casual. And it doesn't work.

Remember the Ultimate Universe?

With the current stable of writers and the complete failure of the current "editors" there is no way it wouldn't be complete shit.

exactly. I more of it. I want a complete 1:1 synergy, so the universe could finally die instead of being a zombie.

I'd react the same way as I've been reacting to shitty marvel comics for the last 3 years. I'll wait until someone storytimes them on Sup Forums and then congratulate myself for not wasting my money on that trash.

>the MCU is cancerous
That I agree with.

I think reboots only just lead to frustration.

You're retelling the origins again? Great, now you have to wait for 3+ years for your fan favorite characters to pop up again. But you know, we need to redo black suit Spider-Man, the Harry Osborn arc, etc.

This. They'll probably pull shit like
>>Squirrel Girl, Kate Bishop and America Chavez on the Avengers.
>>Black/Gay revamps of everyone.

Secret Wars was the best time they could have done this, if they were ever to do so.

All the current storylines had ended, the Reed-Doom conflict came to a fairly satisfying conclusion, it was a big reset button, and it even had a "Earth-616: 1962-2015" epitaph.

Give me a light-hearted "Whatever Happened to the Marvel Universe" mini to show us where the various heroes/villains ended up so we get closure and I'm golden.

In general though, Marvel's current stable of writers is not nearly competent enough to plan a New 52-style continuity reboot. Maybe 5 years ago, with Remender, Hickman, Aaron, Gillen, Fraction etc at the top of their game (somehow keeping Bendis away from it all), but now it would be a terrible idea.

Thing is, I don't get why people keep wanting reboots when we know the continuity. If anything, it would eliminate fan favorites. Like say, you bring Jean Grey back, but erase Rachel Grey out from existence. The GOTG will...okay, be the same as they are currently in comics. Hell, they could redo it so that Robbie Reyes was the only Ghost Rider.

I generally don't get why people think reboots are the answer. If you don't like Iron man now, why would you like him post reboot?

ITT Marvel interns trying to convince everyone that everything is going fine at the House of Lies

I'm with you, buddy.

You either end up with the same characters all over again (reboot Batman all you want, he's going to run across Dick Grayson and dress him up in a suggestive bird-themed costume at some point), or you don't and fans are pissed at losing their favorites.

You either rehash old storylines because fans like stability and throwbacks, making the whole thing pointless, or you go in a completely brand-new direction, making the universe feel unfamiliar and alien.

The only "hard reboots" I'm for are Ultimate-style imprints.

One idea that I think could work well is "What if the Marvel Universe started today?" Not just shifting the FF launch/Spidey-bite/Hulk gamma explosion etc. to the present day, but removing any and all components not found on our Earth. No Wakanda, no Latveria, no ancient HYDRA, no Cap in WWII, etc. Just - how would the world react if people started getting superpowers (to avoid the celebrity paradox, the only difference would be that superheroes are a cultural unknown in this Modern MU).

You could write some interesting character studies showing how ordinary people are trying to adapt to supertech and aliens and Gods and shit and how it would affect a regular world (not one that always had some for of heroes/villains, like Namor and the Human Torch).

Reboot everything that came in 1990 and after.

/thread

>You either end up with the same characters all over again (reboot Batman all you want, he's going to run across Dick Grayson and dress him up in a suggestive bird-themed costume at some point), or you don't and fans are pissed at losing their favorites.
Let's not forget the new Mr. Freeze.

Alright here me out, The 05 X-Men are given a list of what to fix (Gwen's death, Daredevil going to San Fransico, Schism, Civil War, OMD, etc) they do all that and time ripples so hard that it fixes itself by resetting time.

>giving Xorna a chance to make herself even more important
no

Stop making crossovers and events

It was called Ultimate Marvel and it was a mistake

I wouldn't, it's a stupid idea.

Marvel comics are shut and you don't changed that by having shut taste

>shut
Is mom watching what you type?

All the shit that marvel is doing now will lead up to the marvel universe doing so much cosmic shit that everyone realizes that they are just part of a comic-book and achieve self-awareness.

Cliffhanger here, Reboot completely with no explanation and start from scratch.

I restart Ultimate. Revooting the core universe is retarded, there's too much baggage people like, just open up a new universe

>just open up a new universe
I'm starting to think you interns want Marvel dead.

Wouldn't help

Marvels issues aren't to do with a long extensive history.

It's bosses making shitty decisions
It's a lack of editors with any real power
It's influence by marketing over writers
It's writers who can't write for shit
It's artists who can barely draw

If they did reboot, you'd still get the same shit. You'd still get terrible event after event. You'd still get awful donut steels. You'd still get hamfisted political commentary. You'd still get stories that go nowhere and ongoings that reboot every year for those precious #1's

Hell, you'd probably get people redoing old comics and claiming it's to modernize them or some shit, instead of admitting a lack of creativity.

All this being said, any reboot that doesn't end and begin again with the Fantastic Four isn't a reboot worth reading

Marvel doesn't need a reboot, it needs editorial reshuffling.

Yeah let's New 52 the Marvel universe. Because that would go fucking peachy, right?