Slott writes better than this guy

Slott writes better than this guy.

Slott is a fan of Doctor Who.

JMS wrote Babylon 5.

Nuff said.

Maybe sometimes. His comics stuff is hit or miss.

OP Is Delusional: The Thread

Call me the day Clint Eastwood films a screenplay by Slott.

The mascot of KFC writes? Good for him, I'm glad to see him branching out.

>Maybe sometimes.
I cannot think of a single instance where this is true.

No he doesn't.

I legitimately hated his ASM run. Everyone praises it, but every story is ass. The only thing he does right is quips.

Slott's garbage is better than the Superman and Wonder Woman stuff JMS wrote when near-blindness was crippling his ability to read what he was typing.

Same user.

HOWEVER, Slott's run is literally worse in every way. In fact, I would say it is the second worst ongoing run of ASM (with the entire Clone Saga and its 100 issues being the epitome of shit).

Just say you hate good things, and it'd saved you more time and conveyed the same point.

>he wrote one more day
>Sup Forums defends JMS like rabid dog
Sasuga Sup Forums
>Babylon 5
>liking Sup Forums over Sup Forums
go back

>S-stop not liking what I like!

Everyone knows Quesada ghostwrote OMD

Sins past is a better example even though Quesada messed with it.

He also wrote Ninja Assassin, Silver Surfer Requim, Superman Grounded and that wonder woman story.

At the time I also hated his ASM run, because of his overbearing Christ complex of "ONLY NOW THAT I BEGAN WRITING THESE CHARACTERS DO THEY MAKE SENSE!"

The character interactions were nice enough outside of his pointless totemic boner, though. But if there's one thing that nags me endlessly is him doing the '80s hotshot authors repetition, like Miller and Moore.

"I have to repeat this sentence for emphasis.

I have to repeat this sentence for emphasis.

I have to repeat this sentence for emphasis.

I have to repeat this sentence for emphasis."

This is objectively false. Literally nothing Slott has been better than anything JMS has worked on. Hell, Sins Past is better than anything Slott has written.

>>he wrote one more day
No he didn't, Joe Quesada wrote OMD. JMS quit writing ASM when OMD happened and Quesada was too much of a pansy to take the credit for himself and refused to pull JMS' name off the credits (despite JMS not writing it).

Learn your history you casual scum.

Quesada ghostwrote only the last part. JMS said he wanted to take his name off the credits of that part alone, but it was going to cause bad blood (I mean, even moreso than the whole thing did) and both sides sort of backed down with Quesada having a shared credit because JMS was still slated to helm the Thor revival, and the hype was off the charts for it.

He is like Jeph Loeb. A tv writer gets acclaim from casuals for some mediocre comics only because he's an outsider.

>Quesada ghostwrote only the last part.
No. That isn't what happened. JMS quit before the first issue was even finished. He was adamantly against the deal with Mephisto. Read some interviews.

When Quesada wouldn't budge, JMS told him to pound sand and then quit writing AMS all together.

His Amazing Spider-Man was still significantly better than the two years of what came before it. Mackie's run was horrible.

>He was adamantly against the deal with Mephisto.

It's well catalogued he knew it was coming and didn't get his way which would have been to reset everything to have Gwen still have to undo Sins Past.

meant *still alive, my bad.

Your memory is mistaken. JMS wanted a massive retcon that would have brought Gwen back to life in addition to Harry and remove Sins Past from continuity.

It was still mediocre with some good parts.

OP said better writer, JMS has managed to go above and beyond most comic writers out there. He set a huge benchmark for sci fi shows with B5.

And even if you don't like his Spider Man her has,a great run on Thor that was fucked over by Bendis ( who would have thought) and Supreme Power, one of the besy Hyperion stories

user may also remember one versions JMS was telling at the beginning. He had like 3 versions of what happened.

But i thought Sup Forums loved BvS? That's essecially that version of Superman

Though it is clear given how Quesada loathed the spider-marriage that they had made a faustian bargain of their own wherein JMS was allowed to write a married Peter for several years with the understanding that he would have to end the marriage himself in a way that didn't involve death or divorce.

>He had like 3 versions of what happened.
That's one thing you can't ever deny about JMS: the man's a master revisionist.

At first he took full credit for Sins Past and tried to make room for the story as much as he could, before eventually saying Joe Q forced his hand (which seems legit), but he went so far as to say I NEVER REPEAT MY IDEAS, YOU HEAR? when someone said "is Namor going to have twins with Sue now?" when he went to F4.

Then there's the many ins and outs of One More Day, which speaks for itself.

So he got Thor and the many delays the book unfortunately had long exceeded the amount of time he requested to be left alone from company crossovers.

Which was okay, he was finally going to write Superman, and it was going to be awesome.

Which was widely panned by just about everyone.

Which "didn't matter" EITHER because he knew of New 52 offhand so he "didn't quit" halfway - he was never all that interested in main continuity Superman, he wanted to do Earth One. Honest to god.

I don't remember much from that point on because it can be fun only for so long to keep reading everything's going according to plan, but he also helmed Before Watchmen before saying "MY WORK IN COMICS IS DONE! TIME FOR NEW CHALLENGES", so whatever.

What's this from?

The whole culture of the big two is based on revisionist history. I don't see how he's any worse than the average writer.

But he seems to get really confused at times. Not sure if it's cause he has too many ideas going on or he has some mental breaks at points. One thing is sure is that he should have a gatekeeper for his ideas, not an editor from the big two, they all suck now, but an actual /lit/ editor and gatekeeper to shoot down some of his ideas. Most big authors (outside Sup Forums)have those bit he doesn't seem to

I'm saying revisionist in the sense of his OWN personal history in doing things, how it was all "I-it was my plan all along" as opposed to "yeah I didn't get the results I wanted".

You're confusing Sup Forums with Sup Forums again

>Which was okay, he was finally going to write Superman, and it was going to be awesome.
>Which was widely panned by just about everyone.

I actually liked the 'Superman walking across America' idea, it seemed like something he'd do to get in touch with regular folks but holy shit did Sup Forums hate it & I thought Mark Waid was going to stroke out from rage.

I don't disagree that JMS may spin things, but the part with Spider-Man is not quite as contradictory as you'd think. JMS' preference is that Peter and MJ stay married, with Peter being a teacher. But he was okay with going along with OMD, provided he show the ramifications of such an action (which would've been Peter getting Harry help for his drug addiction, and then preventing Sins Past from happening and Death of Gwen and in turn bring Gwen back to life) and because he understood Quesada's and Marvel's position on the character, whatever the hell that was. I mean Loki was already being set up in the comic before they switched to Mephisto (keep in mind this shit has some similar parts to the rejected part of the Superman 2000 pitch involving Mxyzptlk--a trickster--erasing Superman and Lois' marriage) so he knew ahead of time what was gonna happen.

JMS' objection was mainly that Quesada didn't think there should be any ramifications ("It's magic, we don't have to explain it!"). He might've eventually modified his position more but that's the main consistency I see in the interviews and online fights and other things.

Yeah, many Sup Forums writers have done that. Almost every controversy has gone down like that. The story is one thing during the controversy and another after. Like i said, it is built into the culture

Just for example look at the pym janet slap

>He also wrote Ninja Assassin
Yeah in 45 hours

Which isn't a lot of time for a movie script

Good old Jim "I micromanaged the hell out of artists except for this one time" Shooter.

>Yeah, many Sup Forums writers have done that.

Not even Sup Forums writers, many other creatives have done that.

Chandler made fun of Hemmingway for the same shit 75 years ago.
In a Farewell to Arms, for example, Hem uses the phrase "in the rain" over and over to hammer home how shitty things are.

Repetition has never been bad as a tool, it's just how the tool is used. If you are making a point you have to balance a very fine like of over use and not enough impact. It's extremely difficult and i have always erred on the side of not enough. But that comes from training as a novelist and having to change my descriptions every time the same person comes up.

You're delusional if you really think that.