You guys think If he had more pre production time, the Hobbit would be better?

You guys think If he had more pre production time, the Hobbit would be better?

The only thing I like about the hobbit is the dragon scene in the dwarf mountain

>was originally set to be a two movie deal, and that was already stretching the material
>hollywood suits decide to expand it to a trilogy

No. A piece of shit is a piece of shit no matter how long it stays in the colon

If He'd turned up to work the Hobbit might of been better.

No. The idea of turning The Hobbit into another LOTR is fundamentally mistaken.

if it had been a two parter and his lotr producers (aka his wife and that other woman) had been there to reign him the fuck in with the cgi bullshit like they did in the originally trilogy, then yes.

>hollywood suits decide to expand it to a trilogy
nope, they couldn't finish a second movie in time that would of completed the story without incurring massive penalties from the distributors. That's why they ran with what they had ready for a second movie, released that, then came up with ideas on how to pad out a third movie.

No, if he'd hired an editor and released it as one movie, it would have been better. The problem with those flicks is that they have too much production value, not too little.

>if he'd hired an editor and released it as one movie, it would have been better
nah, needed two movies to give all the dwarves individuality. one movie would have been fucking crammed.

No, I think it'd be even more of the same shit from Peter.

If it was allowed to be two movies, rather than 3

The Hobbit is not on the same level with LOTR.

The stakes are just low it's just a silly little adventure.

Jackson was only brought on because the executives didn't trust Del Toro in the hot seat. The problem was he just wasn't as enthusiastic about the Hobbit as he was for LotR

Also this guy gets it.

They tried to hype it with marketing like it was just like LOTR which was a mistake. You need to know how to manage expectations.

>tfw watched an unexpected journey and really liked it
>tfw don't want to watch the next two so i won't
>tfw i can just pretend the other films are good and watch the LOTR trilogy again whenever i want

life is pretty good bros

yes of course

It's better.

It would have been better if Del Taco had stayed in and made it his own thing, instead of Jackson trying to recreate lotr

I think it's because he's not fat. As he lost that weight, his directing mojo dissipated. I hope he gives up on his body somebody so we can get our boy back.

If you look into the production, it's clear he was rushed to the extreme. It's amazing they even managed to finish. Yea, it would have been better.

But, it still would have been weird. The effects still looked weird, the action scenes would probably still have been dumb. It still would have been an attempt to make a funny kids book into an epic. The writing would have been better and the plot lines would have all concluded properly. But there'd probably still be Elf-Dwarf romance and Legolas being dumb.

Could have been 4 hours long, which is in keeping with LOTR long running times and also would have been plenty of time to flesh out the characters.

Yes. Production time was an issue but the main problem was bloating the story into 3 films. He also didnt wanted to direct them and was forced to do it when Del Taco left.

Basically the suits fucked up again.

Del Taco likes the silly stuff couldn't handle the big league.

He was probably terrified this would end his career.

Honestly, they should've tried the make it simple approach.

Trying to make it LOTR prequel was a mistake.

All those scenes with Gandalf finding out about Sauron are retarded. The battle of the five armies was too big a scope, the Legolas bits were useless and weird as well, the dwarf romance with the elf lady was out of place (but it was ok I guess), some of the bits on Lake Town I couldn't care less.

All that shit shouldn't be there.

Granted, they made the dwarfs very charismatic and distinguishable, and everything about Smaug was great.
>inb4 wyvern