Did superhero movies make you start going to the gym, Sup Forums?

Did superhero movies make you start going to the gym, Sup Forums?

It should but I'm a manlet so why bother

I'm a broke college student with gynecomastia.

So no.

You kidding? They made me STOP going to the gym. Endless gifs and screencaps of sweaty stacked guys breathing heavily and moving their arms slowly and shit. Why would I pay $30/mo to go to the gym to see that when I can fap to it in real time in the comfort of my own attic?

Chris is so fucking hot JC

kek

I went to the gym 2 years ago during the height of the "do you even lift bro?" mania, but I stopped when I realized I wasn't doing anything with my new muscles and all the extra eating was making me even fatter.

>Iron Man
>6'6"
Do I even have to say it

Chris is definitely handsome, but I think Chris is hotter.

but what about Chris, he's pretty good too

What? No. That's retarded. You're retarded.

If they'd pay me a couple of millions to hit the gym, I'd certainly not decline their cash.

No, if anything they helped me get even fatter. Thank god my girlfriend loves fat guys

no but i should start hitting the gym again

>It's a "OP wants us to feel bad about ourselves" thread

>it learned

Fuck no.

That's the suit

Yeah, it helped. I got into a slump after hitting uni and realising I still needed to be self confident to get laid so I did minor gym work but didn't change my diet up, got a GF, we broke up then I decided to get my shit together properly after seeing Chris Pratts transformation for Guardians and watchING that How To Lose Weight in 4 steps video.
Now I'm lonely, suicidal and fucking my friend/other friends ex but at least I'm trying to get /fit/

>Wolverine
>5'3"
No wonder he is so angry all the time, manlet rage.

they just make me wanna wank

Yes user, working out is good for your health and it'll make you feel great!

So you're fucking your friend and your friend's ex at the same time? Brag more son.

that storm design is hideous.

Funny how in movies Wolverine is 6'2'' and Hawkeye is manlet.

No, 80s action movies did that.

A little bit, actually!

I'm nearing 30 while working as designer in an office all day, and I think it's time to start looking out for my health. And, not going to lie, chicks dig Chris Evans' ridiculous body in a tight tee.

So since I have expendable cash and am already skinny, I've bought a home bench press, a bunch of weights, and other exercise tools to work out with while I watch cartoons. I'm already seeing decent results a month in with noticeable bicep, pectoral, and tricep muscles.

Holy fuck, I just want to lick every single one of their chests.
Why am I such a faggot?

Only DC ones. MCU actors are all made of plastic and have no chest hair.

>Marvel interns dig Chris Evans
Fixed. No one likes a walking meme.

Yes but not for being muscular, i wanted to gain physical condition to endure a race or jumping between buildings, also did some martial arts

It's understandable.

Are you kidding?

Chris Evans is a legit attractive guy.

>responding to bait
Don't be that faggot.

That means you have more reason.

>wolverine
>5'3"
what seriously?

Everyone knows Wolverine's a manlet in the comics, only in the movies he's tall because of Jackman.

Tall people lift to enhance themselves

Manlets like me lift to compensate

Why bother wasting your time lifting when you know that girls(the reason I would lift anyway) would look at a guy'a height first? I'm dying for an answer user

Yup, why do you think he hangs out so much will teenage girls so he doesn't feel too small.

I actually just got back from leg day at the YMCA. Got a delicious Wendy's new Fresh Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich towards the end of my anabolic window of opportunity. It's waaaay better than fast food.

Saitama did

Don't lift for girls, lift for yourself. Your confidence and self-esteem will only improve when you start working out and seeing results in the mirror.

Really should have cast Smol Jackman.

I thought he was a pervert with daddy issues.

Tall people lift to enhance themselves

Manlets like me lift to compensate

Why bother wasting your time lifting when you know that girls(the reason I would lift anyway) would look at a guy'a height first? I'm dying for an answer user

>tfw lift and do cardio
>tfw somewhat muscular but layered in chub

I just like to eat. I could never fucking do the grilled chicken three times a day that Hugh Jackman did to get cut. I need my Tex-Mex and Thai food.

i approve

Also lift for girls.

I'm 5'7" and at the age of 19 I'd never had a girlfriend (a fat girl was into me once but that's it). However I lifted my Freshman year of college and when I went back to my lifeguarding job I got numbers without provocation.

Seriously, muscles help a lot. Virtually all the problems males on Sup Forums constantly bitch about can be solved with regularly lifting.

>getting laid
>still lonely

And what have we learned?

No but a different animated medium did

Obviously you have never had Wendy's new Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich.

>wanting to lick every dab of sweat that pools in the valleys of their chiseled abs makes you a faggot

What're you, gay?

I've actually gotten a lot more muscular in the last 3-4 months, because my sister is a certified personal trainer and she taught me about isolating muscle groups during lifting days. I lift weights three times a week, and nowadays I do chest-shoulders-back one day, legs/lower body one day, and arms-back one day. It's had a noticeable effect.

>fap to yaoi, traps, and futa on male all the time
>don't find the idea of this arousing at all
WTF? Am I straight?

you're a pervert, which means you're not straight.

My family just got a Y membership and I've been teaching my little brother the same thing. I learned from a kinesiology major or whatever who I had a dorm room next to that used to gather a good portion of the dorm floor to go lift regularly. I learned to target muscle groups from him.

Right now I'm trying to hammer out our routine. I'm having trouble remembering what I used to do to target the back. Is it rowes?

Oh! Wasn't there one thing where you get a dumbbell, lean over and parallel to a bench, and pull the weight up one arm at a time? What is that called?

Wanting to lick the sweat off of another man's pecs isn't perverted?

Gym is okay but try some martial arts or boxing too.

Everyone is strait until they have a dick in their mouth, user

Even a feminine dick?

ESPECIALLY a feminine dick

But STR always beats DEX.

No. Those guys aren't just buff, they're also good looking. I'm ugly AND I have a small head so if I work out, I'll just look like an actual downy.

it is but it's not your perversion.
you're still perverted because you do all that other stuff.
which means you're not straight

>a legit meme
Fixed.

I've been going to the gym for the last 5 years, benching 250 these days when before I could barely do 95.

I just want to look good while I'm still young, it wasn't really a movie thing.

If only such beneficial things weren't so tedious.

Seriously, lifting has got to be the most boring form of exercise there is. How the fuck do you /fit/izens manage to not hate every mental second of it?

More like because I had to lose 100 pounds, but yeah, it's a good reason.

One can't be both perverted and straight?

Using /fit/ logic:

Manlet means it takes less effort to look good from lifting compared to a lanklet.

Once you start getting into lifting you realize women are gains goblins.

Continued lifting leads to respecting yourself, building confidence, and transcending humanity. Basicly you're less likely to go back to eatting shit and being "normie" as it were.

With confidence you can now actual get slots as you slowly begin to realize that women (that aren't sluts) don't give a shit about your height so much as they care about how interesting and fun to be around you are. Attracting them in real life is far easier than dating sites would lead you to believe.

At this point however its too late as you've completely forsaken women and only work out for yourself and to be mired up close (no homo) by your gym bros.

It becomes an addiction. Literally. Your body releases endorphins after a workout and you can experience withdrawal symptoms. It takes a while to build up the addiction though.

>lifting has got to be the most boring form of exercise there is. How the fuck do you /fit/izens manage to not hate every mental second of it?

Because the immediate feeling of power and accomplishment after lifting something heavy is amazing. Try lifting and you'll understand after a while

Dude that's all the more reason. Shorties get fit way faster

no.
there's straight

and then there are deviations from straight.

Remember to check your health insurance. I know people that actually get reimbursed by their health insurance for regularly going to the gym. It equals roughly $5 per visit up to three times a week. That's enough to pay for most memberships.

Get into gymnastics with a side of lifting.

Its slower to get he-man look. But you feel great, look toned done right, and learn party tricks.

By looking at the ladies making gymnastics on the bars.
>dem teenagers and their shorts
>and the one who does gymnastics barefoot

>ayo don't lift jus do body weight shit u'll get jacked bro

There are other ways of excersizing. Try biking

>Seriously, lifting has got to be the most boring form of exercise there is. How the fuck do you /fit/izens manage to not hate every mental second of it?
I'm not a worthless piece of shit who hates doing things that are beneficial for me.

LIFT WITH A BUDDY!

I can't emphasize this enough. Having someone to spot you for drop sets is amazing but even that pales in comparison to the boon of having someone to razz you when you relent from your routine.

Yea, you fucking do. Its just slow and inefficient as hell compared to pure iron pulling. But produces a more well rounded build. Although lifting some days would probably speed things up.

Pic related since reading isn't your strong suit.

>muh olympics
they're all on roids

sure women are attracted to hunky bodies but 1. a lot are superficial or mentally unstable 2. a lot are intimidated by them

this is an unrealistic standard for men

wolverine is absolutely achievable natty are achievable natty.

and you should be striving for the impossible when it comes to self improvement faggot.

DEX is sexier.

>that gif
kek

And Spiderman would be 10-12 feet tall if he wore stilts.

Strength + Endurance + Charisma = BROKEN
literally cannot be beat.

But it's true, I love traps and I'm not gay. I'm bisexual :^)

I did it twice a week for three months straight, and I felt fantastic. Then I fell into a slump and just found it boring; started going infrequently and doing things half-heartedly. Then I stopped. No real drive to resume it now. Drinking myself into a coward's grave again.
They're all insufferable morons to a fault; getting anything out of looking at them is like getting aroused from looking at slices of well-cut steak.
I guess. How is that not tedious, though?
Neither am I. I don't hate doing things that are beneficial for me, I just have so much tedium in my life already that I need something to break it.
>friends
The chummiest people I know are fat and useless, and even less reliable than myself.

No, only reading Frank Miller's Daredevil has made me want to go the gym.

So maybe don't go with a friend. Ask an acquaintance or peer that may go or may be willing to go to the same gym you go to.

If that's not possible then just extend the offer to one of your sad pathetic sacks of flesh you call friends. Play nice for a few weeks until you both have noticeable gains and use that as leverage to begin the razzing them if they ever relent from the routine.

I've seen both stick and slob alike mentally transformed within a few weeks just because they started lifting with one dude who knew what he was doing. In that short time they were lifting even without any coaxing and were getting yet more people to lift with them.

>when the actor or personal trainer vehemently insists that they didn't touch roids, long before anyone else brings it up
Hmm...

I don't know, man. You're kinda challenging my years of hard experience telling me that people always fail to change.

In reality, all that's keeping me from getting shit done is a complete lack of desire and/or drive. Where does motivation come from when you have none? Where does a genuine drive originate? I honestly have no fucking idea. All I want is to drink myself to sleep and then wake up to do the same until eventually everything's over.

And nothing of value will be lost.