Was it abuse?

Was it abuse?

Yes, obviously. Gotta wonder why Mewfags tolerated the entire race of retarded hillbilly birds enough to even let them live in a fucking castle.

Considering Disney made them change the number of years between each blood moon ball from 666 years to 667 years simply because of the negative stigma behind the number 666, I highly doubt it was a reference to abuse. It was probably just her being unhealthy and having a bad eye.

no. Her whole family has those dark eyes

What are they even king and queen of?
The kingdom already has a king and queen.

>an alcoholic family with a shitton of kids, low IQ, and marital abuse
What did (((they))) mean by this?

Why does Ludo need a giant eagle if his species can naturally fly?

Because his family hated him for being small, slow, and not being able to fly like everyone else.

You see this a lot in fantasy settings.

They treat noblemen and women like kings and queens, but they don't actually claim any vast land. I guess the argument is that they control the species, but then that's like saying humans are all one type.

>expecting FUCKING DISNEY to provide a suitable explanation for their ongoing princesses trope in a show about dimensional travel and teenage romances

>POST TIMESTAMP OR GTFO

"My Family... LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY FAMILY"

what did HE mean by this?

FUCKING DISNEY (as in, the individual crew that works in the show) actually does provide an explanation for a lot of the lore shit in the show or other materials

pretty sure you just came to this thread to shit on it since it's not totally about romance, but yeah

he really wanted to talk about his family yo

I'm not shitting on anything, as I like the show myself. It's just the fact that you can't have shows about someone who's not a magical princess these days.

Okay, Moana was about a village chief's daughter, same difference.

It seems that certain monster groups kicked out by the Mewmans congregated into "kingdoms" of sorts to try to amass order and resources among their now ostracized brethren

I would also argue that while monster stigma exists, the Mewman hierarchy likely doesn't give a shit about monster kingdoms out of pity more than actual respect for their authority

Alternatively, these groups are amassed by monsters to gain order among inter-dimensional councils. After all, who wants a bunch of filthy Mewmans calling the shots on their behalf?

It depends. Does rough sex count as abuse?

We know they fuck a lot just based on how many kids they have. I'm pretty sure if the slapping and punching is mutually consented, it's not considered abuse.

Then again, the Father looks and acts like a complete drunk so who knows.

Still feels weird to me to reduce the entire show to "lol princesses lol teen romance nothing is ever explained" when we got, like, detailed explanations of how the wand works and maps of Mewni and shit.

Daron Nefcy herself actually seems to be the one who came up with Star being a princess. As far as I know Disney's suggestion was just "hey if what if she was really magic;" everything else was the story she constructed on her own.

So if Star had just been an Earth teenager BUT WITH MAGIC Disney probably would've been totally cool with that.

no that has to do with counting
if you start counting the year after a blood moon ball it's still 666 years in between
if it were every 666 years and you counted after the year it occurred it would actually be 665 years

I don't know about the eye, OP, but that Pussy sure as hell was abused.
Thing must be completely destroyed.

>Was it abuse?
Yes, it's quite obvious

>36 other siblings

No, all of the Avarius in the show had purplish color around their eyes. If you're wondering why she's closing her right eye despite their family portrait having her open both her eyes, I can only assume that her eye got hit by the debris as their house are falling apart.

>36 other siblings
Holy shit

>-udo

>Dennis
What did they mean by this?

Cheap but common writing tactic.
Give the only character that adds anything to the story a different name so we can remember him.

She likes it

I'm not even surprised this exists.
I should be, but I'm not.

>watch the entire first season of the show in one sitting because Sup Forums told me it was good
Meh, it was kind of cute but I don't really see what the big deal is abo-
>watch season 2
Holy shit they cranked the feels up to 11 I was not ready for this!

The last third of season 2 especially is unexpectedly deep.

I think my only real complaint is that we never really see Star mature as a character. She spends all of season 1 being this freaky out of place ADHHHHHHD maniac and then suddenly she's actually got some humanity and realistic persona to her.

Seems like most of her early behavior is a product of her general rebellious attitude toward traditions in mewnie and her curious nature about Earth culture. I feel it makes sense that she only had to push that side away when things actually got more serious.

>mfw this

That's not actually unrealistic.
Girl do a gigantic amount of their mental (and physical) maturing between the ages of 12 and 16. Star is 14 going on 15. Women have described it as being like ramming at full speed into a wall of emotion.

They probably killed off all the strong members of the royal family when they took their lands and left the runts behind expecting them to keep the monster population from properly organizing and trying to take it all back.

This scene literally brought me back to feeling like a teenager. I kind of miss those awkward situations. Life is so much more boring now.

I was right there in the moment when this happened. It was very well done.

It felt like a heavy-handed retread of what had already happened in Bon Bon. But still quite a good episode

The father looks like your typical drunk, fat asshole but I don't think they were 100% implying abuse here. If they wanted to really drive a point home they would have had her try to cover up her eye or make up a bullshit excuse for how it happened.

If they are implying abuse, kudos to Disney for showing something most 'kids' cartoons wouldn't dare to bring up.

S2 EP21 Start at 6:15

When Moon walks in Lady Avarius drops the small girl bird who angrily flies away.
Now that I look at the other family members, Ludo seems to be the only one with absolutely no wings or implied feathers.

I was actually just answering his question. He said "needs a caption".
Good job with the detailed reference tho

>wearing a skullhat because he thought it was cool
>probably a nice kid that just wanted to be loved
2deep

This literally happened to me at a Linkin Park concert

>we find out in the book that Avarius and Septarsis had some sort of treaty
>that's almost certainly a Septarsis skull

Toffee was probably pissed.

>Ludo seems to be the only one with absolutely no wings or implied feathers

I thought Brudo had a similar look but arguably you can't really tell because of what he's wearing.

Though Brudo is also normal size, so

That's a really dick move by Marco. Being friendzoned is already a bad feeling but in public on top of that?
I know he later appologizes for it but I'm surprised he did it in the first place.

The book the series released recently shows that they did have a Kingdom of their own.

>2 star threads on page 1
Sup Forums must really like this show

It was clingy mewbitch's fault that she decided to go with him.

It's one of the better animated shows Disney has put out. Mostly because it doesn't just service itself as a kiddie show. It has a nice broad range of appeal.

hot

See If you intentionally put yourself in a 3rd wheel situation you can only blame yourself.

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

It's fanbase had expanded steadily during Season 2, I would say, and it hasn't crested in popularity like certain other highly popular shows

Because he's a runt. His own father said it.

>Jackie Lynn Thomas liked this
Holy fucking shit that's fucking savage

If your son was a bit slow would you disown him? It's not his fault. Actually, if anything it's yours.

I didn't like the first half of season 1, but I decided to give it a second chance, and it really spiralled into something good in the season 2.

I wouldn't even consider the 1st half of season 1 good.
If I were to reccomend the show I'd just say start at like episode 10

I think the early season 1 episodes are okay for what they are and the crew then and now did everything they could to salvage some of the dumber ones and keep them relevant later.

But they, and the first opening animation too to an extent, do an absolutely shit job of representing the show for what it becomes even that season.

I'm not sure exactly what should have been done differently, but maybe some small arc in the first few episodes wouldn't have hurt things and would've indicated larger goals besides episodic sitcom stuff like Other Exchange Student

The opening theme is my least favorite part of every episode

What exactly sets the first season of Star Vs apart from cartoon shows in the past several decades?

Do you mean that in a positive or negative sense?

How can Starco fags even compete?

They can't. And that's why Toffee is going to kill Jackie

Positive. I just don't understand the hate S1 of Svtfoe gets when the overall tone is no different than what dozens of other cartoon shows in the past have done.

It's not that it's bad, it's that S2 is just so much better.

The whole first season of Star is generic Saturday Morning cartoon tier where the MC has rediculous plot armor in comparison. Star pretty just wins wins wins.
Season 2 is great because they take that and flip it on its head. We have been used to this super cheerful and happy go lucky girl and it's pretty interesting to see her just lose some battles and get cucked the whole season.

another day, another front page full of starfaggot threads.
kys

I shit on 90% of the stuff Sup Forums likes.
SVTFOE is good.

Okay, thought you were asking "what made it so bad compared to so many other cartoons" but wanted to make sure before I typed a bunch of stuff out. I'd actually say that was the problem, that it didn't feel very different from many other comedy cartoons and didn't seem to have the ambition to change.

In a lot of ways it felt like it would always be a totally episodic cartoon, sticking to a fairly repetitive status quo above everything (Ludo wants the wand but never gets it, Marco can't talk to Jackie, Star fucks up and never learns), and not even making much use of its own premise about a magical princess from another dimension. The Other Exchange Student especially could have come from any show. And when a show doesn't appear to be going anywhere despite a potentially interesting concept and isn't even remarkably weird or funny or unique, it just feels like a totally mediocre cartoon all around.

Of course, to Season 1's credit-- and I do really like Season 1-- the show did change pretty quickly. There were some great episodes and weirder concepts and locations and of course things did change.

But such a weak start that didn't indicate anything more, combined with the slow as hell release schedule in its first few months, seemed to have turned a ton of people off. Basically with the mindset of "I'm an adult, I'm sure kids love this but it's clearly not operating on the same level as Gravity Falls/Steven Universe, and so I can't waste my time on it :^)"

Those complaints seem dumb when by just the 8th episode it showed there'd be a bigger plot. But there were literally 6 months between the premiere of the first and that one, because of the fucked schedule, and so it is kind of understandable why from a dumb cartoon nerd perspective it can feel like NOTHING IS HAPPENING

But I do think Season 1 is good and that it didn't get a fair chance. It just didn't do much early on to challenge initial negative impressions, despite how different it gets by the end

You both sound like really terrible posters.

The terrible posters are the ones that can't manage to stay in ONE GODDAMN THREAD.

>Linkin Park
Faggot.

I was 17, it was cheap, and both my friend and my crush were going.
Sue me.

They are not human so its not rational to question their culture.

But they're cute! CUTE!

I RULE over ALL of Cincinnati!!

Where the fuck is this from?

Star Vs the Forces of Evil

Where exactly? I feel like I'm missing something even though I'm sure I watched all episodes.

Lol,I'm not blaming Ludo. I'm answering to "why can't Ludo fly if his family can?"

Don't bring your own issues to my post,user.

Ludo's mom and sister from Face the Music

Is it possible you just watched Starcrushed the morning it was released and skipped over it? They didn't put Face the Music online for a couple hours

ooh

You are right! I skipped over Face the Music for some reason, gotta watch it ASAP.

I still can''t believe that people actually did that

Lewd the Avarius!

>earring without ears

God Damn it, Sup Forums

Lewdo?

>If your son was a bit slow would you disown him?
user no one disowned Ludo, he trick his family into leaving the castle and then took it for himself

>ywn be born a Mewman and be given the opportunity of joining the Queen's army after coming of age
>ywn one day be captured by a group monsters after they ambushed you and your squad mates during one of your daily patrols
>ywn be brought to the feet of the leader of the band of wretched monsters, queen birb
>ywn be forced to bow down to her and become her slave for life
>ywn be forced to do slave labour and provide entertainment for the queen and her monster band
>ywn be forced to do gladiatorial combat with feral monsters after she gets bored of you and your comrades and decides to get rid of you
>ywn best every creature she sends at you proving that you are a capable warrior and no ordinary mewman
>ywn be told that she fines your skills in combat and endurance to be impressive and that your are to become her personal slave
>ywn grudgingly accept your new role because if you don't you'd surely be killed by her magic
>ywn slowly begin to learn more and more about queen birb and how she is actually quite caring and does everything she can to provide for her monster kind
>ywn slowly begin developing feels for queen birb
>ywn perform your duties as a good slave and comfort her whenever she feels down or bear the brunt of her anger whenever she is frustrated, after all its not you shes mad at
>ywn learn the truth of what happened that day the mewmans arrived to the island from her
>ywn notice her taking peaks at your trained body every now and again while your performing your slave duties
>ywn confront her on what shes doing
>ywn smile at how flustered she gets when you tell that you've noticed her peaking at you all those times in the past especially when your shirt was off
>ywn come on to her as she desperately tries to deny the fact that she finds you, a mewman attractive
>ywn smash that monster birb's cloaca right then and there after she finally admits it

Mewmen need to die. They're savage invaders and elites.

They're kenku. They probably have 8 kids at once

Vult hard bitch

I love this show.
It's a shame it's owned by Disney because it has the potential to tackle so much has more and tackle serious teenage dilemmas with the added magical fun shit like dealing with drinking and sex from a hesitant point of view but it won't because Disney will never go that far.

I mean, it's been getting deeperish as time goes on, so we may see some heavier themes later

You spoil me

The second half of season 2 is incredibly well written. To trust the staff to do justice to the show

Apparently somthing like 65% of the people that watch are over 20.

I don't want it to become some dreary soap opera. The magical shit keeps this show fun

This. The show is fine as it is. If I wanted heavier themes I'd watch shows for older audiences or suffer some fanfiction.