Was anyone else disappointed when CN cancelled really high-quality shows like Megas Xlr, Samurai jack...

Was anyone else disappointed when CN cancelled really high-quality shows like Megas Xlr, Samurai jack, and Duck Dodgers around 2005 and replaced them with flat-out mediocre or meh shows like Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's a monkey, and Squirrel boy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vcX-igwsv_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I USED TO GO TO A IMAGEBOARD WHERE EVERY POST WAS THE SAME

Yeah.

Squirrel Boy was BORING
Gym Partner was unfunny and political with all the lawsuit jokes
Camp Lazlo was also BORING and "Not Rocko"

The political jokes were one of the few things I found funny about My gym partner's a monkey

Yeah

But they were much cheaper to make.

Camp Lazlo was a good show. People are still salty that it wasnt a sequel or spiritual successor to Rocko.

Camp Lazlo wasn't a satire and didn't have memorable jokes like Rocko did

IM A WILD PIG is much funnier than NO BEANS NO BUISINESS

Camp Lazlo was great, definitely the best show on CN at the time and still stands up well today. Why the hell are people shitting on it?

Cause it was a boring piece of shit

partially (I liked lazlo myself but it was weaker than rocko)

>7 posts
>contrarians are already here

>that episode where Edward harasses Lazlo when he needs to go potty

Was this real or was it just a dream I had?

That was real. It ended with him pissing so hard it cut to real life videos of waterfalls.

2005-2009 was the dark ages of Cartoon Network. At least it had Chowder and Flapjack.

Did they not allow improv on Camp Lazlo? Because that's what made Rocko good.

It's habbening again with Adventure Time and Regular Show. CN is constantly trying to destroy itself.

Gym Partner and Lazlo were average, I wouldn't put those two shows down that bat.

*bad

I agree. Squirrel Boy on the other hand was fucking awful.

I remember liking Lazlo and Gym Partner. Chowder and Flapjack were also good, but none of those really match up with some of the earlier CN shows

youtube.com/watch?v=vcX-igwsv_o

I noticed that Rebeltaxi, in his recent video on Total drama island, said 2006 through 2009 was the dark age of CN. But two of the shows he listed as part of the dark age were Camp Lazlo and My gym partner's a monkey, both of which premiered in 2005.

Then, shouldn't Camp Lazlo and My gym partner's a monkey be part of the Golden Age CN, technically? Since they came out before 2006?

Ben 10 (the original one) was also technically in the Dark Age according to that guy lmao

Chowder was and still is absolute garbage, I will never understand its defenders.

>>definitely the best show on CN at the time
Are you shitting me? Did you forget Foster's and Billy and Mandy existed?

He also mentioned that by 2006 many of their older shows got cancelled during that year so that's probably why.

Foster's is shit, but still better than a show that couldn't even be bothered to come up with an original theme tune.

Ben 10 original one is from 2005, so technically it should be part of the golden age

Yeah. By 2007, the kids networks had stopped catering to late-Millennial kids (Drake and Josh, Danny phantom, Camp lazlo) and began shifting the focus to Gen Z (Chowder, Flapjack, iCarly). There was a noticeable shift around 2007.

Not coincidentally, that's exactly the year when Teletoon changed completely. Why does Canada always have to follow even the worst American trends?

I like Camp Lazlo more than Foster's and it was at least very close to Billy and Mandy. I forgot about it and the shows that were airing at the time might be different since I had the Eastern Euro CN.

Billy and Mandy is from 2001, technically it's part of the golden age of CN, but it managed to stick around in the slump ages