Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ymt4lpzv62g
youtube.com/watch?v=cL5oCP0VIEI
youtube.com/watch?v=R0QPCS4a84k
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ8ir66M5XU
youtu.be/7qEzrw9B9ns?t=1h15m42s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they were right.

I can’t tell if it was a negative or positive review.

If you cant tell if they liked it or disliked it you are literally retarded

This was utterly pathetic. $21,000 a month on Betareon for this garbage? The shills on this board who promote Reddit Letter Media should be banned on sight.

The Last Jedi broke Red Letter Media.

Mike Stoklasa has become a parody of himself. He’s become the very same brand of person he openly mocked in his Avatar Plinkett review: a braindead viewer of corporate mediocrity.

A mediocrity that he’s now become acquainted with and feels awkward openly criticizing. He dances around The Last Jedi’s various flaws but never twists the knife as much as it should be twisted, the pinnacle of his “criticisms” being that the director used the wrong brand of Yoda. He gets the biggest pass out of the trio because it’s assumed he will delve deeper with his Plinkett reviews, the alter ego that peaked with the Indiana Jones video essay, and is now being used as a vehicle for petty frustrations rather than pointing out genuine narrative flaws.

Jay Bauman is a glorified blogger trying to solidify his position into what he believes is the right side of history. He doubles down on his approval of The Force Awakens. He dismisses the label of Mary Sue for Rey, despite the fact that our protagonist somehow gets the better of Snoke’s guards, despite the peak of her “training” by Luke being a meditation session—yet during the fight she doesn’t utilize the force at all but instead it all consists of pure combat, and combat, as we know, was not addressed during her glossed over “training” with Luke. Who knew fighting drunk thieves on Jakku with a staff could prepare you against blood-colored intergalactic knights?

Rich Evans is as passive as he’s ever been. He’s usually not afraid to delve into the misdeeds of a film but here he appears to be the most broken, his signature laugh now resembling a cry for help made by a broken man now disillusioned with the Hollywood he thought he knew. He regurgitates the same opinions made by his peers, his inner frustrations almost coming into life during various parts of the review but ultimately becoming diminished by his broken spirit.

This is the end for Red Letter Media.

They have to pussy-foot around whether they liked it or not in their review because they are bought and paid for.

This.

kys you autistic manbabies

They don’t even have a “well do you recommend it or not” segment in the review you braindead RLM shill.

You can't even put up an argument to contest our points, you are a pathetic, little fanboy. Giving them money, kid? Fuck off.

>Shit on the movie 80% of the time
>The rest of the 20% talk about ideas that they like in theory but slam them for being executed poorly
>I can’t tell if it was a negative or positive review.
Are you fucking retarded?

Hello, Jack!

We must have watched two, completely different, 50 minute-long reviews! The Last Jedi review that I saw from Reddit Letter Media spent the duration of the video mildly touching on the movie with kid-gloves, and them trying to make fun of the Star Wars fanbase as if they haven't done it in every single Star Wars review they have ever made.

See

You are literally parroting what they say in the video. So if anyone actually criticizes the movie they are just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian?

This was blatant pre-emptive damage control. They knew their shit, paid-for review would get people annoyed so they added that in to say anyone who disliked it is just being edgy. Total. Shilling. Scumbags.

Sup Forums needs to see they are literally being forced here by shills or even the Reddit Letter Media crew themselves.

>i need a number at the end to know if thing is good or not

You can have opinions that are beyond the simple "This fucking sucks". You can like the IDEA of something, but not necessarily how it's done. Shit dosn't have to be hard black/white is phrasing. There are plenty of movies I liked what they tried to do but hated how they actually did it and in the end hated the movie.
They ended the review saying that they were flat out not interested in Star Wars any more, they don't care about what about the next movie. How is that not damning?
All you want is for them to paint by numbers say "Fuck this movie and fuck Rian!"
I know I'm responding to bait, but still

And you're too autistic to gauge their feelings on the movie based on 45 minutes of discussion.

Disney paid them to say the movie was a mess and killed any interest they have in the franchise?

They literally shit on the length,charaters,bad humor,the good ideas are bad executed,say its a mess and it feels like they are being pranked and have no desire to watch the next one because its going to be just another super weapon plot...what didnt you get from there?Do you need them to scream like spergs saying they want to bomb disney to nderstand their opinion?

>every movie is good or bad
Get the fuck outta here kid

Wasn't shit, they were just a little too nice. They had a lot of fair points about taking chances this time they just didn't work out. They were completely wrong about Luke, though. Pure character assassination if ever there was.

>betareon

you niggas became a parody of yourselves

>d-don't you dare belittle muh jewtube e-celebs

This movie was objectively fucking awful though and there's no way anyone who isn't either 11 years old or a total pleb would say otherwise. Obviously they hated it just as much as TFA but they're bought as all other critics/reviewers.

You want me to kyss him?
Eww, faggit.

>They were completely wrong about Luke, though
What were they wrong about? They barely mentioned him.

Pretty sure Mike and/or Jay said something about not thinking it was character assassination and that it fell in line with 'taking chances' which isn't true. Luke's established already...or was.

rlm exposed

lies, they were paid off by Disney

>Every other critic on youtube praises TLJ as on the best star wars movies ever
>it has fucking 93% on RT
>RLM said that the movie is a total mess and killed all interest in franchise
>Somehow THEY are paid-off critics and not everyone else
This is new level of turboautism. Fuck off

If I'm going to watch a full-50 minute review, I would expect to hear their thoughts on the actual movie as a whole, if all of the individual components of the movie were a fucking failure. The movie is a failure. Just because they talk about some vagaries like how they enjoyed the "idea" of a segment, doesn't give them carte blanche to trail off and ultimately be evasive to their opinions on the movie as a whole.

It was a flaccid and empty review. It had no substance, it was literally made out of obligation.

They didn't say anything like that.

You're a complete fucking retard if you didn't understand their thoughts on the movie "as a whole." You're the type of dumb faggot that would only be satisfied if they said it was the WORST MOVIE EVER OMG!!!!

if you're serious, get a job and do something with your life
if not, get a better sense o humour

You must be fucking blind, Reddit Letter Media is the only one going soft on the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ymt4lpzv62g

youtube.com/watch?v=cL5oCP0VIEI

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ8ir66M5XU

You must have fucking blinkers on, Reddit Letter Media fanboy.

I'll try to find it and post the timestamp.

So, what did Jay mean when he said, "Rey is not a fucking Mary Sue in this one"?

They out out a 45 minute funeral service for star wars, and you paranoid retards still think they're shilling. The series is dead to them. Even the prequels didn't manage that

He's making a joke about how everyone in the movie fails at everything.

But Sup Forums is autistically obsessing over this one random joke and projecting that Jay is a raging SJW because Sup Forums is fucking retarded.

They didn't say that
Rich said that he liked the IDEA of a Luke giving up and rejecting the force, and Jay said that its a good idea if executed correctly, but it wasn't.
They were slamming Luke in the movie by saying that it was all done wrong regardless if they liked the idea of it.

They did have a take away, they don't care about star wars anymore. How the fuck is that not a negative review? Are you so fucking autistic that you have to have a number rating at the end otherwise you can't get an idea of someone's opinion on something after they discussed it? Dude... I think you legit have issues reading other people.

>He's making a joke about how everyone in the movie fails at everything.
I don't get how people think this is a legitimate criticism. It's only a second movie in the trilogy.

ESB was also hated at first because it was a downer movie that ended on a cliffhanger and people are still making the same retarded mistake in 2017.

The blank check podcast episode about the movie immediately mocks anyone who isn't progressive as hating the movie for being diverse.

>ESB was also hated at first because
No it wasn't. Critics gave it luke warm reviews but it was a smashing success with viewers from day 1. Don't try to rewrite history.

Angry Joe said in his main review that he liked the film
The rest are irreleveant idiots. 11 000 views? Really?
Top youtube crtics are Jeremy Jahns, Chris Stuckmann, collider and nostalgia critic. By view count. They all LOVED the movie. If you are saying that RLM went soft saying that the movie is total mess, after everyone else sucked Disney's dick, you are literally braindead autismo. And I'm not talking about Rotten tomatoes and bloggers. Once again, fuck off with this shit

The “Mary Sue” charge was always used by retards who like to argue about anime power levels. Rey already was shown to be good at using weapons and Kylo Reb was bleeding to death. It wasn’t so ridiculous that you should call bullshit on her momentarily overpowering him and winning

accurate

Yes it was. People shat all over the ending and were criticizing it for being too depressing. Don't try to rewrite history.

They didn't go soft on it. Rich was doing nothing but pointing out flaws. They just didn't go as hard on it because the fact is they did take chances which is admirable. Those chances ended up being awful but the fact that he took them is respectable.

>Rich said that he liked the IDEA of a Luke giving up and rejecting the force, and Jay said that its a good idea if executed correctly, but it wasn't.
That's what it was, you're right, and I disagreed that even the idea was good. Luke is an established character. While some are saying character progression, a character like Luke Skywalker doesn't contemplate murdering his fucking nephew in his sleep, let his sister die (sans Superleia), let his friend die...it was assassination.

Damage control, damage control, look at all this fucking damage control.

What a weak fucking response from the supposedly 'High-IQ' Reddit Letter Media fanbase, why do you faggots feel the need to rush to the defense of your sacred cow? Is it not good enough to stand on it's own? Surely if their content was as ebin as you all say then you wouldn't need to prostrate yourselves in this thread with RLM's dick in your mouth?

Let it not be said there is no concentrated effort to shill RLM on this board any longer, as soon as you dare criticize their Gods then they all rush out the woodwork immediately, very strange, huh?

Stop being autistic.

Is Kristian Harloff ranting about RLM here?
>youtu.be/7qEzrw9B9ns?t=1h15m42s

Angry Joe is good for doing detailed video game reviews but he’s a total retard when it comes to movies. He’s basically the Nerd Crew but IRL

I wish they shat on it a bit more because those were the funniest parts.

"That was the magic of Star Wars and they flushed it down the fucking toilet" - Mike

Comedy gold. I do find their defense of the single creator with a vision a bit jarring given their unabashed hatred of the prequels. There's no "well, he's trying something different even if it's fundamentally flawed" with those movies for them.

You are seriously an idiot.

Literally who

Wow you just completely shit yourself

Collider nobody that was recently ranting on twitter about how RLM is literally bullying him by making Nerd Crew videos.

>at the end they proclaim they couldn't give a fuck about Star Wars anymore
>idk if it is good or bad
You might be retarded

they hated it but know a lot of their patreons are star wars fans, so they pretended it wasn't 1/10 and instead implied it's a 5/10.

What chances did they take? Trying to intentionally make the movie as bad as possible? Fucking every movie takes chances but you don't see Reddit Letter Media doling out safe, nice reviews to other movies who do such a thing. They only treat Star Wars different because they have literally been paid to do so.

Luke skywalker sucked milk from a walrus titty, i think that's all you need to know about this film.

Mike flat out says it's bad though

Don't worry about it Jay, together we will thread the needle, keep everyone happy.

You are out of this world retarded. Kill yourself.

Did you write that just now, or is this a copy pasta? Because that is spot on.

>their unabashed hatred of the prequels
They didn't hate it for being auteur - driven though

Fuck off, RLM shill

Their latest TLJ review was quite weird. It felt like they were really struggling with themselves and didn't know how to judge this movie. They keep making excuses for it over and over again and don't try to judge it in detail.

It didnt even feel like a RLM review, just like TLJ wasn't really a Star Wars movie.

No he doesn't. The absolute most cutting criticism of the movie he gave was the fact that they released animals. Other than this he just talked about how the Star Wars fanbase is filled with losers for the 10th time.

Salty you got BTFO, little Reddit Letter Media fanboy? I'm not surprised. Go give them $100 on Betareon, maybe then you'll win the argument.

Fucking PEWDIEPIE will talk about forced diversity and social justice and multi-ethnic societies and RLM won't

They are about to get dropped by alot of their fans

>Wanting a review that shits on TLJ for the 100th time
>Instead of an actual critical review that looks upon what the movie did right, what should we take from it, and what themes were interesting but weren't properly executed
Plebs all of you. If you want to see someone shit on muh plotholes just go watch pewdipie

Send this to them.

>Instead of an actual critical review that looks upon what the movie did right, what should we take from it, and what themes were interesting but weren't properly executed

No discussion of race or gender and how this movie plays off of present day politics

No discussion of its HATRED of capitalism and White males

Pewdiepie has more integrity than RLM

Let that sink in

There's two types of people in this world: those who consider her a mary sue, and those who have no idea what makes a mary sue. You, and them, are obviously the latter.

Clearly this.

I have no idea why they did those stupid voices .. it really was strange to see.

Again, this sort of criticism has been made everywhere. They're looking at it from the movie standpoint.
Just fuck off back to Sup Forums if you want to discuss politics, Sup Forums is for movies.

Reddit formatted post (let that sink in)

I unsuscribed unironically. 'Been tempted about doing it for a long time, couldn't stand their wishy-washiness anymore.

>Pewdiepie shill
Never did I think I'd see something so pathetic in all my days.

>They're looking at it from the movie standpoint.

>Movie is ingrained with politics

"Jus don't discuss it bro, what are you raycis or somethin?"

>he absolute most cutting criticism of the movie
Not the part where he claimed that he felt he was being trolled by the director?

I have no problem with Rey being a competent fighter, that doesn't bother me. What's more frustrating is that she learns jedi mind tricks and all sorts of force wizardry without almost any instances of failure (which is precisely the lesson Yoda gave to Luke in TLJ). Why is it important that luke fails, both in his training under yoda in TESB and in his teaching of kylo ren, whereas Rey is given a free pass to succeed at literally everything she does?

it was as negative as the load of cum that got put in my ass last night

You're a fucking moron.

I don’t care about Jay saying she wasn’t a Mary Sue because Rey had no character arc.

The movie had interesting ideas but did nothing with them.

Disney wants the Guardians of the Galaxy crowd. Star Wars is dead to me

If you think anyone in any Star Wars movie is a Mary Sue you have no idea what it means.

That term's meaning has degraded more than fucking weeaboo.

Did you know there's actually a mary-sue litmus test? It's true.

Rey scores a 19 out of 50, where 30 points qualifies as a mary-sue.

Kill yourself now please

sure kid

Name one flaw that Rey has.

i also want to know what chances this movie took because everything felt pretty standard and generic. i guess killing snoke off like a useless idiot is a risk? cant think of anything else

>Disney wants the Guardians of the Galaxy crowd
Why do people keep saying this? The Guardians movies are well-paced, tightly-plotted, and only occasionally chuck in humor where it's not appropriate or won't land.

TLJ dragged ass, was full of holes and pointless scenes, and had probably one joke land in the whole goddamned movie

The Guardians movies are far superior to TLJ regardless of how you feel about the Star Wars lore. TLJ is just poor filmmaking.

She... has shovel face?

Is this some kind of reverse shilling campaign by the mouse? They made it clear to anyone without autism that they hated it and thought it was terrible.

OMFG THEY AREN'T SCREAMING ABOUT HOW AWFUL THIS MOVIE! WHY AREN'T THEY PARROTING MY THOUGHTS ON THIS MOVIE! OMFG THEY SAID THE MOVIE WAS MESSY AND THE STORY WASN'T THE GREAT BUT THEY WEREN'T FOAMING AT THE MOUTH WITH BLOOD COMING OUT OF THEIR EYES! FUCKING SHILLS! THEY'RE CLEARLY IN DISNEY'S POCKET! THAT'S WHY THEY LOVED THE SHIT OUT OF THOR RAGNAROK AND DIDN'T SAY IT WAS JUST ANOTHER DISNEY/MARVEL MOVIE THAT DIDN'T TRY ANYTHING NEW! FUCKING HACKS! THESE GUYS, DESPITE HAVING GONE TO AND COMPLETING FILM SCHOOL, DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT MAKING A MOVIE UNLIKE ME, A PERSON WHO SITS AT THEIR COMPUTER ALL DAY BASING MY OPINIONS OFF WHAT OTHERS SAY!

Jesus christ
This is not a fucking us or them deal
What, anyone who does not call the movie literal satan is now a shill?
Are you that fucking jaded

anyone who isn't willing to talk about the forced agenda is

people only treat star wars differently because they feel obligated to pretend to like everything this franchise shits out of mickey mouses anus. its not that theyre paid, its that old fanboys dont want to let go of their sad over attachment to their childhood and admit star wars is fucking stupid, and milennials dont want to admit its bad because they want to impress their friends by pretending to be a quirky nerd

I'll ignore for the moment that a Mary Sue is not just a character without flaws.

Rey is naive, Rey is ignorant, Rey is helpless to stop the First Order or protect her friends, Rey has no self-assurance and no idea what the fuck to do, Rey gets completely fucking owned by Snoke. She's got plenty of flaws.

As for the actual definition of Mary Sue, Rey doesn't meet the following basic criteria:
-abnormally attractive and repeatedly told as such
-constantly pursued by all main characters of the opposite sex
-all characters treat her with respect or reverence even if it's unearned
-always right about everything, more knowledgeable than characters whose traits include being knowledgeable, needs no teaching
-hyper competent, never fails at anything

This is why we need /film/.

why are you forcing polarization