DUDE, DRUGS LMAO! FUCK SCOTLAND!

DUDE, DRUGS LMAO! FUCK SCOTLAND!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2EQCpQbUrzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When i first watched this, I thought I downloaded Planes, Trains and Automobiles. What a weird experience that was

Renton and Sick Boy were pretty /fa/

Why are Scotch people so much cooler than Bongs when they all come from the same miniscule island?

They arent, Scotland was a mistake.

Most people outside of England mostly get to see people from the south, so they think all of England is like them cunts.

But they are.

I have experianced this first hand.

>Norse and Irish genes that make them better looking than the Angloids down south
>actually a country and not just a multicultural globalist hellhole like England
>cooler accents
>more personality and not just bland generic Queen's English pretentious homos

Trainspotting (both the book and the movie) were made during the height of Generation X and grunge.

To be cool was to be disaffected, dissatisfied, disgruntled, and dirty.

Meanwhile Scotland was a wasteland of unemployment, abandoned steel mills and broken dreams. The conditions in scotland at the time were a perfect breeding ground for exacty the kind of cynical boomer-hating Gen-x druggies that the Grunge movement lionized.

this cunt gets it right, ken

Ok, but that doesn't really answer my question.

>jailbait slag gets a slot on the T1 poster over Tommy
>in T2 she gets higher billing than the Bulgarian chick who contributed more in one movie than she did in two
fuking roasties

t. fat, mra virgin

The economic conditions in the south of Britain were better, and it was never as industrial as the north.

Sorry to shatter the romantic illusion but Scotland is now a SJW pro EU open borders cuckhole. Take it from someone who lives here.

Yeah, well it's the regions that got fucked the hardest by boomer capitalism that turned in the opposite direction.

did anyone else think that born slippy song said WHITE WHITE NIGGER NIGGER WHITE WHITE NIGGER NIGGER

>Why are Scotch people so much cooler than Bongs when they all come from the same miniscule island?

That still does not answer my question.

Yeah, it was terrible.

I watched it in '98 or '99 as a teenager in America and even I could see how fucking shallow and shitty all of this stuff was. I genuinely don't feel sorry at all for any Gen Xer whose life was ruined by this kind of "cool lifestyle".

Movie is boring trash.

yeah it kind of does, britbongs are rich rural pussies, it doesn't breed cool people.

This is true, Birmingham and below are no go zones for your sanity.

Yfw Bigby was the bad guy in a James Bond movie

>DUDE *movie main theme* LMAO

what's the point of this meme? it is something that only reddit gets?

Yeah, the middle class and up. Most people here are working class, and while there is a lot of scum, there are a lot of cool people too.

Posh people are almost never cool. They're mostly cringy as fuck.

I only partially agree. I can see the struggle that Gen-X had. Their values were closer to that of millennials, but they were always outnumbered by boomers when it came to voting.

They lived their adult lives in a culture where the boomers had all the best jobs, seniority, and a big voting bloc -- none of that would change while Gen-X was still young. They'd have to wait until at least their mid-40's until they'd have a shot at anything.

On top of that, if they were working class, chances are there were no more jobs for them. They didn't have the opportunities their parents had, but they didn't have what their kids would have either. I can see why a lot of them turned slacker and simply opted out of trying.

Now the part where people pretend that this was cool or fashionable is shallow bullshit -- especially when it came from rich fashionistas or yuppies with no self-awareness... but I think the zeitgeist itself was legit.

cool isn't defined by fashion, maybe it's defined by that when you're 15-20,
cool is defined by your character, i.e. how interesting you are, how talented you are, your physical presence, your attitude.
Women however are 99% beauty.

actor who played tommy actually couldn't be there for the promo shoot

nonsense

I never said it was about fashion, but that's a part of it. My point includes all the attributes you mentioned, and the point still stands. Most middle class and up are boring as fuck compared to the working class.

>modestly educated people who work menial jobs and spend most of their free time getting pissed and watching telly are much cooler than anyone else

thanks man
hes just a butt blasted englishman

>Most middle class and up are boring as fuck compared to the working class.

That really depends on where you live. Where I come from (Western Canada) the working class is mostly comprised of what we call white trash.

Our country has a long and time-honored tradition of ridiculing its poor beer-swilling hosers. See FUBAR, Trailer Park Boys, Bob and Doug McKenzie, etc.

isn't this the most overrated movies ever? a movie about scottish chavs

yeah basically. poor people will always be cooler than globetrotting instagram jockies. you're just too posh to understand.

>I genuinely don't feel sorry at all for any Gen Xer whose life was ruined by this kind of "cool lifestyle".
That's the message of the movie....

actual away to greet you just reminded me of Lahey ;_;

They aren't on average and never will be. You're just to much of an edgy "everything is black-or-white" teenager to understand yet.

not him but it really just depends on your outlook.
t.28 btw

Sure, there are cool and interesting people in every social stratum, but it's fairly obvious that there's more of them on average among the ones who experience more in their life and for better or worse this is tightly correlated with capital in the lower half of income/wealth distribution.

>rich cuck thinks he experiences more in life by being a wage slave and going on boring meaningless vacations

Saw this in Glasgow, the audience laughed harder than any I've ever heard. T2 wasn't as good but fuck me if this scene wasn't 10/10.

youtube.com/watch?v=2EQCpQbUrzI

I'm not rich, user, but not poor either. You have a strange idea that the difference between working class and middle class is vacations and "globetrotting". There's nothing shameful or bad about being less well-off, it's just silly to romanticize it.

I disagree, this only really pertains to middle class whites really. They usually all have the same stories as well when it comes to travelling etc. What im saying is drifters for example tend to have much more bizarre and interesting stories than john and stacy who went biking around vietnam.

Did the guy who died of AIDS in the first one get it cause he was a poofter

Middle class means something different in england

lol good shit

I'm sorry to tell you this user, but just because Homeless Pete has some bizzare stories about the time he suck dick for coke in a bang-up jail in Tijuana, doesn't mean he'll ever be cooler than said John and Stacy who spend their money compently.
Most of the people who think working class people are the only cool class, never grow out of the "sex, drugs, rock and roll" phase and understand that hedonism almost always corrupts. Killing yourself isn't cool unless you can prove you had something in the first place, user.

No, it's implied that he caught it from a shared needle.

just listen to how boring and uncool you sound

rather be cool than dead faggot.

i was trying to have a level discussion about this but you're clearly completely up your own arse. Im not trying to romanticise waster types but you sound so fucking lame haha.

>feik n(You)s

The best thing about this scene is that although, its an exaggeration, it is the type of shit that goes on in those loyalist pubs. The video was taken down but "Are we human or are we Saltcoats" comes to mind.

seriously no one?

But why did he have shit all over his room

This movie didn't glorify drug use at all...

>clean friend tries heroin once and gets addicted to and completely ruins his life
>girl's baby died while they were all getting high, and the only way they can cope with the realization that a baby just died because of them is to get high again
>the withdrawal effects of heroin make Renton feel like absolute shit.

>They usually all have the same stories as well when it comes to travelling etc
You seem to have some sitcom-tier straw man stereotypes of people. Oddly focused on travel too. Yes, most people of any class are conformist and relatively boring. No, petit-bourgeois housewives drinking Tesco-tier Syrah aren't any more interesting than construction site lads downing car bombs while watching X Factor. The difference is in relative frequency you'd meet someone extraordinary among these types and it is quite a bit higher among those who have more freedom of choice and consequently more freedom to be extraordinary.

Oh absolutely, I remember a friend telling me their neighbor would essentially sing it unironically, just embraced it.

I was curious if the actual mongos that are into that shit would find the scene funny because its relatable or whether they'd get offended because everyone was laughing at them.

I'd take a hit for that.

They aren't, they're inbred mongoloids with substance abuse issues

It's cat shit. He died of Toxoplasmosis due to the cat shit.

god you actually took the time to reply.
i don't know where you're getting all this shit from. You talk like such an autismo its quite funny to be honest. Such pseudo intellectual language with these specific anecdotes.
were very different people lets just leave it at that .

You're a square.

non meme answer: the english are secretly arrogant and think they're better than everyone
thats why the irish, welsh and scottish are nicer, they dont have a superiority complex