ROUND 6 - Sup Forums's favorite cartoon tournament - 4 shows remain

It's time for round 6 of Sup Forums's favorite cartoon tournament. Vote to propel your favorite series to the finals here:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSexoXxJdYfyI5I9XU2ofQgvIA2gLJT44lYrCMYPKVNGuLu1Iw/viewform?usp=sf_link

None of the matchups are required. Next round we'll probably hold a 3rd place matchup as well (so the two losers vs. each other).

Prepare for Batman vs Samurai Jack

>1 Response

Where is star????

Get a load of this fag, everyone.

>Avatar won Futurama

Absolutely disgusting.

Avatar better not win anything. It's a top 15 show, not a top 4.

>Next round we'll probably hold a 3rd place matchup as well (so the two losers vs. each other).
Great idea, glad I suggested it.

Got eliminated by Teen Titans

People spite voted against it dismissing it as a "waifu show" even though it has the best characterization in cartoons as of yet.

Looks like Teen Titans gave SpongeBob the most difficulty so far. I'm still pissed, but that softens the blow a bit.

>Teen FakeAnimuwaifu loses against motherfucking Spongebob

finally

>Futurama loses against Avatar

can't have everything, I guess

>People spite voted against it dismissing it as a "waifu show" even though it has the best characterization in cartoons as of yet.
>Voted for the ultimate waifu show with much stronger characterization instead
???

It will easily beat Batman, and if it weren't for season 5 hype, it would beat SJ as well.

and just like with the Steven Universe threads with their endless waifu wanking and hatedom shitposting, Star Vs threads devolved into cuck shitposting and waifu wanking.

You fucking people really overestimate just how good Star vs is.

Like I said.

>You fucking people really overestimate just how good Star vs is.
Not really, I just know it's a good show.

>beat Batman
Do you have any idea where you are?

The greatest Fatal 4-Way matchup of all time.
>The Yellow King of Nick
>The Time-Travelling Samurai of CN
>Nick's (formerly) Last Airbender
>BATMAN.

Its a great show, its basically Steven Universe but the showrunner knows what she doing by keeping the story on track and not letting her storyboarder going wild and keep the fucking character designs consistent and on-model.

Are you listening Sugar?

>This contest was destined to be SJ vs Batman since they were on the list

anyone actually surprised?

You want to talk about best shows? I'll show you the best shows on this board that everyone with a brain can agree with.

1. Steven Universe
2. Avatar
3. The Simpsons
4. Teen Titans
5. Samurai Jack
900000001. SVTFOE

EZ

I'm more surprised at Sup Forums shit taste letting crap like Teen Titans and Futurama so far into the runnings.

>1. Steven Universe
I think you mean 900000002.

I was even less shocked that Steven Universe was the first eliminated due to its hatedom on this board.

Samurai Jack wouldn't have made it if it weren't back on the air, and Spongebob had a chance to win if it would have aired one great new episode any time recently.

THIS

Anyone who would seriously prefer watching the sponge over the fucking samurai needs their head examined. FACT.

Over the Garden Wall would've beaten the cleaning device. Loser on the Lump was the weakest candidate in history, the tournament runners rigged it so that it would win.

>900000001. SVTFOE
So in terms of quality n' shit, you prefer Johnny Test, The Nutshack, Pickle & Peanut, Alan Gregory, Mega Babies, Mr. Pickles,
Wild Grinders, fucking Peppa Pig, etc. over an interdimensional bug princess who hangs out with a karate mexican, and it's overall a more decent show?
You're a fucking idiot.

Teen Titans couldn't touch it, and it would have wiped the floor with your pet shitshow that couldn't even last a full standard season. You're delusional.

I forgot the image. But seriously, you guys are just embarrassing, picking some low-budget redneck shit over the one true GOAT and the only 10/10 cartoon ever made.

>niche miniseries would have beaten the most popular children's cartoon in recent history

>rigged
>won by 7 votes
That's a pretty shitty rigging if you ask me.

>1. Steven Universe

Over the Garden Wall was fantastic, but it was basically a movie, and it's much less known than Spongebob.

best cartoon in history REPRESENT

I'll be honest. OTGW is a solid 7/10 at best. For whatever reason, Sup Forums just has a massive echo chamber around for some reason where no one can dare say anything bad about it.

KOTH deserved the win, especially when the rabid fans of OTWG started shitting up the thread and polls in anger.

>Bob's Burgers beating The Angry Beavers
Sup Forums has shit taste!

>FOTM vs capeshit

>3 out of 4 remaining are muh action cartoons

>OTGW is a solid 7/10 at best

I can't even fathom this opinion.

>and the other is SpongeBob

what a dumb tournament. Could you at least have waited until after SJ finished airing?

>FOTM
I agree that the current hype is tilting things in Jack's favour, but only someone new to this board would call the show a flavour of the month.

No one gives a damn about that pretentous CalArts miniseries, you pretentious New York hipster. It wasn't even good to be aired annually. Greg is an annoying meme spewing faggot, Wirt's another cookie-cutter angsty beta loser, they managed to make folksy old world shit as boring as possible, and the finale fell flat on its face. Choke on mash potatoes.

Your show "won" by 7 fucking votes over the supposedly pretentious CalArts miniseries. Shut the fuck up.

Gee, look at all these opinions

>TFW Batman avenges EEnE and Futurama

Why are gamers so pathetic?

>you pretentious New York hipster

Wrong. I'm from Long Island

Wirt is a 10/10 MC, Greg spews 0 memes, the folk elements are implemented excellently and the series rests on an unreachable aesthetic plane in general, and the finale makes me cry evertim

I'm sorry you're low-budget, zero-effort, unfunny, fat 40 year old women marketed Loser on the Lump crap that was RIGGED into the next round lost to the cleaning device under the sea. OTGW could've swept the whole tournament.

Care to explain how it was "RIGGED", according to you?

I'm just memeing.

Damn Avatar and Futurama was really close. That was a tough choice. Both are really great shows but different entirely.

Were you this loser too?

Go Jack go!

why is avatar losing to batman

I was beating on the Ed boys god dammit

Yup. OTGW is undeniably the greatest TV cartoon ever made. No other show even comes close.

Only worthy winner left is ATLA.

>Spongebob vs Samurai Jack
Honestly for as good and genre-defining as Spongebob was I don't think it deserves to win because of the later seasons and the more lackluster episodes of the original.
I'm still voting for it since it's obvious Jack will win by a landslide.

>Avatar vs Batman
Way too different for me to try and compare but ultimately I'm voting Batman.

>but ultimately I'm voting Batman.
We are no longer friends.

>the more lackluster episodes of the original

There were none other than the ones with Patchy

>beating on the Ed boys
Kevin stop!

Spite voting. AtLA kicked out a lot of top tier shows.

Don't worry, it won't last.

Patchy was great. I'm talking about episodes like I'm With Stupid and The Smoking Peanut.

I guess society is to blame

I'm just happy Spongebob made it so far.

Those are both great episodes. You just have bad taste.

Don't worry, I'm your friend. Batman was my top one from the start.

Thats not how you spell samurai jack tho.

You're the same guy who posted this about Futurama, aren't you?

RIP Futurama

Was I wrong?

Batman deserves it.
And even if it wins, unless waifufags mass-vote, it's still going to lose to Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack lacks continuity in the earlier seasons, otherwise I'd probably agree with you. ATLA's greater childishness is heavily outweighed by this one major fact.

This. A few of my favorites were knocked out by it early so I am guilty of it

No, that's why I'm asking.

Both are great shows. I wouldn't be surprised by either one winning.

I think we should judge over what Sup Forums actually does best

Best Waifu tournament

While TLA was wonderful and definitely deserving of the top spot, I found it quite underwhelming and childish at points. After a while it became The Zuko Show (guest-starring a Gaang of less interesting characters).
Batman TAS had also it's bad episodes but it was more consistent, the cast was bigger, and I'd argue it had a bigger and more positive influence on the animation medium.

Might as well make it Teen Titans only, other shows shouldn't even bother to compete.

If we were to do a character tournament, should it be a separate waifu/husbando tournament or just best character?

The earlier seasons were supposed to be episodic. That's how the series was originally pitched. Now that its ending we're finally getting the story driven show that everyone has wanted for 13+ years. Besides most cartoons should at least be a little episodic. This way a network doesn't have to marathon the show in order to replay it.

>Batman TAS had also it's bad episodes but it was more consistent
But this isn't true. Batman TAS's biggest problem is that it wasn't consistent. Everyone remembers it for it's best episodes, but the fact is most episodes were pretty dull and unmemorable.

The show had phenomonal direction and design, and within the context of Batman and Super hero shows can't get enough praised, but just as a stand alone show, rewatching it it's not as entertaining as it's remembered.

Avatar was very episodic in that individual episodes were extremely memorable, that's why you still have people discussing which one is better to this very day. You don't get that with most cartoons.

Samurai Jack has this too, of course, but Avatar combines it with strong continuity, unlike SJ.

Separate for waifus/husbandos then have each victor 1v1 at the end

Separate waifu/husbando tournaments, but don't name them waifu/husbando tournaments, just best male/female character.

This, weeaboo names are retarded.

Top 5 avatar episodes:

1. The Blue Spirit
2. Zuko Alone
3. The Chase
4. The Storm
5. Into the Inferno

>Sup Forums would sooner do a waifu tournament than a comics tournament
>Sup Forums would probably do a best anime tournament sooner than a comics tournament

Well considering this is a cartoons-related tournament, you could assume that most people already here would be cartoonfags moreso than comicfags

1. shit
2. yes
3. ok
4. yes
5. shit
Pretty poor taste desu senpai.

This tbqh famlams

The finale of Season 2 was pretty fucking great.

Well most of the people in this thread are cartoon fans, which don't necessarily intersect with the comics people on Sup Forums. If this was a tournament for best comic book there would probably be different suggestions for the next tournament.

I think probably a best animated movie tourney would be the best next option

Nice gif choices

Oh shit, I forgot The Avatar State. That's probably my third favorite.

Except for Zuko's ridiculous OOCness... and the contrived coincidences required for the plot... and the various other quasi-plotholes and BS writing.
It was pretty fucking bad... except the music.