Why did this show do so poorly in the ratings back in 2001?

Why did this show do so poorly in the ratings back in 2001?

(((you)))

Wasn't it Cartoon Network's #1 show?

>he doesn't remember the times during the early 2000s where Powerpuff Girls was Cartoon Network's #1 show and had a lot of merchandise

Because most kids were bored by the show since it had scenes containing no dialogue.

Honestly, I love the show and find it an underrated gem. It's sad that it only got really popular because of the new season

Bait

>it only got really popular because of the new season

Not really, it got a new season BECAUSE it is popular.

Imagine being such a faggot that you make the exact same bait thread multiple times a day.

Not a lot of people watched it before the new season.

Even Robot Jones was more popular. Samurai Jack was the lowest rated Cartoon Network show at one point

>tfw i was a dumb kid who watched jack
>i didn't see the first episode
>wasn't aware of any over arching story
>saw all the episodes out of order
>some how makes the samurai jack world seem bigger then 4 seasons
>the more i watch the smaller the universe gets

Do you guys think if it were released today with more lore heavy shows like Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Gumball or Star Vs, it would have been more successful?

Because it aired at like 8/9 PM, where most kids were asleep.

Hey dipshits: it was one of CN's most popular series, possibly the most popular. It was the ONLY CN series to get full DVD releases WHILE IT WAS AIRING. You can't get much better than that.

samurai jack wasn't as powerful as dexter's lab or powerpuff girls

This, if you take the time, probably first seasons there are more jack peacefully walking on beautiful landscapes than dialogues or action in general.
Fourth season tried to put more dialogue and action, but was too late, CN has it by its neck by then.

This. Powerpuff Girls and Dexter were HUGE in the merchandising and ratings

>listening to all those girls getting woke by the powerpuff girls movie

So why did neither get full DVD releases until recently? Dumb anons.

Same here, frustating.

>4 seasons
>poor ratings

>So why did neither get full DVD releases until recently
I mean, you might as well say that for the large majority of CN shows

fucktons of cartoons from that era are hard to get physical copies of

I *am* saying that. Samurai Jack > *, on CN at least

Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls were the only popular Cartoon Network shows in the 90s and early 2000s

Nigga, what?

It's true.

yeah after that you get most of the b listers

ed edd and eddy and johnny bravo and courage

all amazing shows yeah but not every kid watched it like they should have

... until SJ came out.

jack wasn't a fucking big deal back then dude

lets be real
only the weird kids would watch it

If it did poorly in the ratings it wouldn't have gotten 4 seasons. Period.

You have that backwards. SJ has been popular and the fans have waited over a decadeto finally get a conclusion. It only makes sense it would surge back this hard. And it also gives hope to possibly bringing back other cartoons that were cancelled before completion

samurai jack is a cheap show to make

there is alot of reuse in jack

there's only like 3 voice actors per episode

CN had several popular shows around that time.

>Courage
>EEnE
>Space Ghost, which lead to the creation of Adult Swim
>Dragonball Z
>Gundam
>JBVO

>there is alot of reuse in jack
Only sound effects you stupid nigger. Jack was in different locations and environments and interacted with different characters each episode and according to the commentaries by Genndy and Scott the animation budget went up each season.

That's not at all what I remember from actually being a kid back then. If anything, it was actually popular instead of forced meme-popular, just like season 5 versus BS modern cartoons right now.

The only Gundam show that was popular was Wing

Dragon Ball Z was also popular, but I wasn't including acquired shows. Only originals

They where popular with kids, who don't buy DVDs.

no strong female characters, which they thankfully fixed in the newest season
shame everyone is sexualizing her

Kids bought (or rented) DVDs in the 2000s, user. You're probably too young to remember this, and thus aren't actually allowed on Sup Forums at all, but streaming didn't exist until the late 2000s.

DVDs, yes, full on season box sets, not so much. DVDs where still expensive in the early 2000's.

Well then their parents must have bought SJ, because there's no way it was released just for the few adult collectors. Not enough adults watched daytime CN even back then.

>no Sheep in the Big City
Go fuck yourself.

>popular

It's so unpopular it has never been released in full in any form (outside of TV obviously).

It's because most of them were episodic. People tend to buy box sets for shows that have continuous storylines.

Kids have shit taste, as a former kid I can confirm this, I have really shit taste, and liked a bunch of stuff with explosions and shit....
May god forgive me.... I liked family guy.

Childhood, not even once.

But... Samurai Jack is episodic and is the one that got the box sets?