Reddit has AMA with Gorillaz

>Reddit has AMA with Gorillaz
>Noodle confirms she destroyed Cyborg
>Even though 2D said he still keeps in contact with Cyborg

What the fuck is even happening with this current phase?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oyVdvHkEBOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2D seems like the kind of guy who would talk to a potted plant.

Noodle killed the cyborg and 2D sometimes pretends to have a conversation with it. Not too hard to understand, OP.

I guess I want to believe 2D isn't mentally insane.

>Even though 2D said he still keeps in contact with Cyborg

Maybe the head can still talk or some shit?

You can believe whatever you want to believe but that won't change reality.

Noodle also said one of her musical influences was The Backstreet Boys.

Blame Murdoc

Noodle is full of shit. Murdoc has stated that she'll be back for live performances with the band. I doubt both Murdoc and 2-D are nutty. Murdoc had earlier said that Noodle did kill the cyborg, but then in his little Book of Murdoc diary it was revealed he'd lied and Cyborg Noodle escaped in the submarine with Murdoc.

I think Murdoc tricked Noodle with a false dismembered Cyborg head.

What d'you guys make of 2D's new VA?

youtube.com/watch?v=oyVdvHkEBOI

The guy suvirved eating nothing but rothing whale meat, he's not going to vey good after that user

Is is a new VA? I just thought they were trying to show that he's older and smokes a lot so his voice has more rasp

The OLD lore post-Plastic Beach explained that Noodle arrived and destroyed Cyborg after she malfunctioned and tried to kill Murdoc. But that's retconned now. I guess whoever is doing the AMA didn't get the memo.

I don't really mind it. I'll miss Nelson, though. What happened to him?

I've no idea, he was still around for Saturnz Barz

I wonder if this new VA or Nelson will be doing the voice for 2D in the upcoming TV series.

Yeah they've got Kevin Bishop doing 2D now.

I'd imagine it's a location problem. All the interviews with the band are done live with mo-cap, so chances are Nelson's out of country or only on contract for pre-recorded material

Yeah, I know it's been retconned. I'm just coming up with some kind of idea to make it workable. As far as I can tell, faking Cyborg's death and leaving Noodle with a replacement head is probably the cleanest way to keep it all tied together.

I heard the reason for Noodle not making anymore vocal appearances is because her voice actress recently had a baby, so maybe.

Someone ask them what they think about all the 2D and Noodle ship art.

What do you think about the album

They play music?

I want to do hot yoga with noodle

Pretty OK.

Good taste

Her playlist is the best one IMO

he talks to the decapitated head, and it can still talk back.
this isn't rocket surgury

The cartoon will settle things but it's for 2018.

>he talks to the decapitated head, and it can still talk back.
He said Cyborg is elsewhere riding her new bike.

There's going to be a cartoon?

Yeah, 10 episodes.

I just want to know what network will it be on.

OH SHIT. When was this announced?

Two/three months ago.

her body may be riding the bike but her head is still on the table

Albarn and Hewlett have the final say

The bike thing was adlibbed for that VA interview and the ribbit thing might as well be by interns

Plastic Beach got fucked and so everything with it story wise going forward is a mess.

>Cyborg Noodle's body is very polite, listens to 2D in between bike rides
>Cyborg Noodle's head is being used to grow a house plant, tells passers-by to fuck off
>The two only meet when Cyborg Body helps Noodle out by trimming her bonsai tree

Fund it.

Whag did happrn with Plastic Beach's story? Did they just run out of cash for videos or was it just close to while Jamie and Damon were having a falling out?

They blew a shit load of cash on Bruce Willis, The Album and Tour wasn't as successful as expected and the Label they were with kinda fucked around with them with money so they just couldn't finish the planned music videos.

She can communicate with the disconnected cyborg head.

So is this a comic or something?

You must be joking

continuity has always been a mess in Gorillaz. Stop acting like this is new.

He's not insane, he's just literally retarded and brain damaged.

>They blew a shit load of cash on Bruce Willis
Bruce did it for free.

but then why is he allowed to be so adorable?

also might just be a communication fallacy between the voice actors and whoever was doing the ama. or murdoc built a new head for cyborg after she had the first one ripped off, or something like that.

There's no communication. They're probably adlibbing it mostly and having fun with it.

probably the best approach they could take desu

on a sidenote, kind of underwhelmed with this phase's designs. the art itself has been great though

>but then why is he allowed to be so adorable?

His stupidity and helplessness is part of what makes him cute. He's a subset of moe known as "retard moe".

Yui related.

>implying anyone involved with Gorillaz gives a fuck about Noodle ships

Murdoc/2D has always been the only ship with any real basis for it. They're really pushing it this phase.

yeah, i keep telling myself i hate autismoe but 2d is my weak spot

to be fair, he also has a peculiar design to soften the retard moeness, in a way. as in, some kind of creepy features (black eyes/missing teeth/freakishly skinny if you want to count that) that aren't really all that moe bit make the character more interesting. although big black eyes are cute too.
and the more disgusting he gets the moer

speaking of design, I'll never understand why they decided to age the characters up

>but it's for 2018.

Where'd you hear that?

The house app is also pushing that 2D resents him since he has a dartboard with his face and is apparently going a little unibomber

2D can resent him all he wants, Murdoc will still get inside his boypussy whether he likes it or not. That's how their relationship is.

That's called a slave relationship

Thank you, captain obvious.

damn, i read that as "i gave her head, upside down on my coffee table"
then the last part didn't make sense so i re-read it

I love how the press plays along with the idea that the fictional characters are actually real

The guy's come up is pretty sad but at least he's successful

Didn't Murdoc hit 2D with his car that one time?

I'd sacrifice my first born just to get a picture drawn by Jamie Hewlett

>I’m 2D. Lead vocals and keyboard. I also write some of the songs, even though Murdoc takes all the credit. But I don’t mind. I’m not in Gorillaz for the glory. I’m in it ‘cos Murdoc threatened to hunt me down with his crossbow if I ever left. But that’s just what misunderstood geniuses do. My therapist says I’m suffering from acute Stockholm Syndrome and that I’m basically a hostage, but I doubt it because I’ve never even been to Norway. Besides, humans are too complex to simplify like that. We have many layers, like a lasagne or multi-storey carpark.

>You have to be careful with dreams, though, ‘cos if you achieve them, then what will you have left to dream about? That’s something Murdoc taught me. See, he can be nice sometimes. And since he’s started drinking more he’s had less time to beat me up and torture me. So I think we’ve really turned a corner.

>I don’t think people should be forced to do anything. Murdoc used to force me to dress up as a fox and run around the woods while he hunted me with his crossbow, which was really scary. Then again, he only did it because he’s an animal lover and would never hurt a real fox. That’s one of the things I admire about Murdoc.

2D's feelings are complicated.

What happened was
>Murdoc was trying to rob a music store to start a band
>Crashes car into store and hits one of the workers, Stu Pot (2D)
>Damages one of his eyes and puts him in a coma
>Murdoc's punishment is to basically watch 2D until he gets getter
>Goes out one day with 2D in the backseat of his car and does donuts/360s to impress some chicks
>2D flies out the window and hits the curb
>Is awoken from his coma but his other eye in damaged in the process

So Jamie writes the Lore but both have to have final say in order for it to be canon?

HAHA STOP CARING ABOUT THE STUPID FUCKING CARTOONS. PLEASE LISTEN TO MY PROGRESSIVE AND HIP COLLABERATIONS. DO YOU LIKE NIGGER MUSIC. BECAUSE ALL I GOT IS NIGGER MUSIC. FUCK DRUMPF ONLY SUBURBAN RETARDS VOTED FOR HIM. - Damon

Phase 3 still had a lot of problems. That's why they never did a compilation DVD like they did with phase 1 and 2.

That sounds about right from what I remember.

Where did that originate? I feel like I read about it secondhand online; was it talked about in the book.

Rise of the Ogre, the autobiography

Murdoc has hit 2D with a lot of things

I think it's more Damon establishes a rough theme with the album and then everyone gets to dick around and have fun with the characters. Then there might be some kind of round up where they set everything straight and whatever isn't contradicted by that gets to remain canon....unless they retcon that next phase. Gorillaz lore was never really consistent. They were always just mascots for the band and an excuse to do some cool stuff but they never really cared about character history or any of that like the fans do.
It's in Rise of the Ogre. They even have an animatic for it.

sluts

Noodle makes my dick feel like it's possessed by demons.

>he doesn't have meaningful relationships with his plants

Toonami or bust.

Didn't Gorillaz music videos used to air on Toonami back in the day? Anyways nah I can't see it being on there for some reason.

Humanz hit #1 in 33 countries.

>he also has a peculiar design to soften the retard moeness, in a way

If anything his design just increases his moe power level.

Cass Browne wrote the lore for the first 3 phases
Now it's probably jamie

>Cass Browne

Who?

>when the gorillas released that awful new song and Reddit tried to pretend they liked it but ultimately had to admit it was the shittiest of shit
Same with this season of Archer. CRINGE.

Live sessions drummer

Apologism. The music was shit. The story is non-existant. Worst phase ever. I have no respect for any musician involved and barely any for hewlet. He needs to get a new gig.

Fucking hate it. Grates on me something killer. The interviews aren't too great anymore either. Murdoch has gone from annoying enough to too annoying.

Nigger I don't give two fucks about your opinion.

Plus Jamie still has Tank Girl if he wants to go back to that

That's nice

>story is complete discord
>music is trash that loads of long time fans want none of it
>nothing has really blown up, it's all been marketing and false hype
>interviews aren't hilarious little bites of comedy but have now become the rambling scatter talk they parodied
>damon barely sings
>genre mixing turns to RnB (literally only RnB and rap) with shitty synth and backing work

Fucking wew lad. Fuck my opinion, who would care to hear yours? Why did you like them in the first place? This is nothing like the gorrillaz. This is the biggest out of left field depature, and I include The Fall in that. Even the fall made more sense musically and narratively. It was fucking good too.
This is just sad.

No actually it's terrible. I can remember the exact moment I found out this phase was even in planning I was that excited.

>Murdoch has gone from annoying enough to too annoying.
>he thinks murdoc is annoying
Repent.

That's nice

Is it permanent? The series is next year so they have plenty of time to get him back.

Being passive aggressive doesn't make your point heard. It just makes you look a) bitchy or b) out of things to say

YouTube c'mon,
It's not gonna be on TV

That's nice

Why do you think a single other human on the planet cares about who you respect

That's what I think too. That way they can be as vulgar as they want to.

Have a good day user

Don't project your situation on to me. Just because you don't seem to think you as an individual matter doesn't mean others are as retarded. Perhaps you should seek out people who DO care about your opinions and what you think and respect. Maybe then we could meet in the middle and you'd understand.

It's actually quite late in the evening thanks. The day was so-so.

I haven't kept up with Gorillaz since their first album, so I'm just now learning about this retarded "lore". Also I'm shocked that I want to fuck Noodle now