youtube.com/watch?v=LVWTQcZbLgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In-depth look at Dunkirk
youtube.com/watch?v=6AlDqFgQnqQ

The sound illusion that makes Dunkirk so intense
youtube.com/watch?v=LVWTQcZbLgY

Does this count?

it can win best animated but I don't think they can win best picture

Ordinary yeah, but everything else this year has just been super disappointing, even Dunkirk. Blade Runner is the only exception, but overall I enjoyed Your Name more.

Yet, as a cinematic experience, Dunkirk is fundamentally boring.

Dunkirk was complete shit
The soundtrack was annoying
The "silent robots are murdered by other robots" vision of warfare was completely without impact
Everyone grimly waiting for the next clean death was tedious
The multiple-perspective disjointed timeline gimmick was pointless and didn't come to a great emotional climax or even achieve spectacle
Also getting tired of Nolan's gray-blue noncinematic "aesthetic"

it's shit

>complete shit
It’s a fucking Nolan film
It’s average at least

Of course it's gonna be snubbed but fuck it, best movie of 2017 for me.

>It’s a fucking Nolan film
That means it's at best average and at worst fucking shit
Dunkirk might have been one of his "better movies" to some but it's still garbage, particularly as a war movie

>completely without impact
I think this is a great summary for Dunkirk.
The visuals were nice though, but that's its only redeeming quality imho

Sleek, funny, and didn't outstay its welcome. And even though he's only in a quarter of the movie, Arnold was an absolute delight.

Dunkirk was a 6/10

It would have been much, much better if they just showed it linearly and probably an 8 if they fixed the pacing problems that would cause

>It’s a fucking Nolan film
meaning it sucks fucking ass

And maybe replaced the robots with actors
Branagh was fucking wasted and that's a crime

Yeah now that you mention it, I actually forgot how boring the characters were
A talented film maker can pull off a minimalistic script, Nolan can't

He should pull his head out of his ass and make a flick instead of this BRAVO NOLAN bullshit.

Hacksaw Ridge is worse though
I guess you have to be american to enjoy that corny shitfest

>movie is authentic and features emotions and character without sarcasm or post-modern "ironic" condescension
>this is now "corny"

On one hand I'd agree but when he does a talkative script it also turns into turboshit because he can't do dialogue
He should have someone other than him and his brother do the screenplay and see what happens

That I've seen so far, probably You're Not Special You're Actually Model 2049. But there's stuff like I want to see that I get the feeling might be amazing, like Old Dress Maker and Femme Fantasizes of Fishman Fucking

Dunkirk was really strange for me, felt like I was watching some History channel tv show

If it was linerally shown, the first half would have been the beach, then a 1/3 on the boat, then all the air stuff at the end.

as I said, it would cause pacing issues
that said it would solve the complete lack of tension in the movies where you'd already seen how certain plots resolved without seeing that plot actually finish. In a movie that's built entirely around tension, that's a fatal problem

But both movies are shit user

tfw we in in the day and age where this would be ultimately praised by critics and normies and would have been all over Oscars if the two leading guys in dunkirk had romatic gay love for eachother
sad state of affairs...

slightly cliché, but it makes up for it in cinematographic focus instead of characterdriven slackaction

No, it was already considered last year the list this year includes Mary and the witch's flower, night is short walk on, in this corner of the world and sword art online, they'll probably just give it to coco though because disney.
Animated movies have been nominated for best picture I think

>characterdriven
HAHAHAHAHA

That's a damn shame, if they just let it release in January alone and gave it room to breathe instead of squeezing in those LA screenings just to bait the academy, it could very likely have been enough to break the Disney streak like Spirited Away did.

>pic related
this
>Dunkirk was complete shit
Beautiful movie but boring, calm the fuck down.

Sleep Has Her House (dir. Barley)
Columbus (dir. Kogonada)
Toivon tuolla puolen (dir. Kaurismäki)
Girls Trip (dir. Lee)
Heлюбoвь (dir. Zvyagintsev)
Una mujer fantástica (dir. Lelio)
Justice League (dir. Snyder)
Apитмия (Khlebnikov)
Beach Rats (dir. Hittman)
Jane (dir. Morgen)
Good Time (dir. Safdie Brothers)

You lose all credibility by citing hacksaw ridge.

What is it with Amerifats and making war films centered around some larger than life character that does corny shit?

t.quip brainlet

it was made by an Australian though

>movie is authentic and features emotions and character without sarcasm or post-modern "ironic" condescension

It is corny. Not only is it corny , it is cringeworthy. I bet you watch "inspirational" YouTube videos that play with your emotions using generic quotes and manipulative music.

lel--you think Nolan has made anything *better* than mediocre? *tips fedora*

BR2049 is the best.

But out of the ones that will be nominated, Dunkirk by a mile.

>Justice League (dir. Snyder)
I enjoyed your bait

An Australian who has absorbed everything wrong with Amerigoblins war film mentality. Seriously Hacksaw ridge is a steaming pile of garbage

The last great war film that Hollywood produced before Dunkirk was Letters from Iwo Jima.

Blade Runner 2049
Good Time

Scott stop posting your film here

>before Dunkirk
Hope you're not implying that Dunkirk was great

Fury was pretty good too

>Letters from Iwo Jima
>the same sort of "We all sit in quiet seriousness awaiting our deaths" tripe as Dunkirk
>"The last great war film that Hollywood produced"

it's either
>Big Masked Guy in Plane
or
>Autistic Guy with his Holowaifu
wow, such a rich year

>fury
>good

It has a very well done gritty "war is hell" feeling but it was so fucking unrealistic it made me cringe throughout

>tank vets during production and after release say that the fighting in the movie is some of the most realistic they've ever seen in the movie
>armchair tank commander here: "so fucking unrealistic"

>authentic
LOL

I've never heard of this but this poster has made me want to watch it

>good ole boy tries to do good by himself and others in rural americana
>not authentic
t. Nihilist

The beet field was passably realistic (why didn't all of their guns start firing at once? that'd be an excellent ambush position and they blew it).
The tiger battle was OK, but then you might as well end the movie when they get stuck at the crossroads because that's a fucking joke

I'll admit the final battle stretches the believability, but it was "cinematic"

I liked the German sniper who decided to shoot a civilian instead of the exposed tank commander next to him. (I still quite liked the movie.)

oh I forgot about that part, that was bizarre.

>Justice League (dir. Snyder)

not very subtle

srsly why would the director be posting his own film on here. literally 99% off Sup Forums is full of obese loser cunts who only feel better by repeatedly jerking off to their memory of their schizo mom’s lower back