How badly will Disney fuck him up?

How badly will Disney fuck him up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B4dopv9TrvI
youtu.be/8bwB_-HqEyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

His armor left the sarlacc at one point - either due to his escape, or simply recovered from its insides. It's in possession of some guy in the Aftermath books.

It's been 'said' that he survived, but he hasn't appeared in canon.

youtube.com/watch?v=B4dopv9TrvI

why does he wear mandalorian armor if he's not actually mandalorian? checkmate atheists

>fuck him up
He has no character in the movies

Sarlaac take hundreds of years to digest so if his armor’s out, that means he survived
Because it looked cool. Also that retcon shat all over Karen Traviss books so it was worth it.

Lucas already fucked him up by changing his accent in the altered OT

Republic Commando books were absolute kino

never cared much about post-rotj EU

He is?

>How badly will Disney fuck him up?

They'll give him a personality beyond "looks cool" and vague implications about his reputation.

Nothing to fuck up, he's a blank slate.

He is if you're a redpilled star wars fan like me.

Only his armor survived in the new canon. If we are still getting a Bobba movie, it's going to be about a new character taking up the helm.

It's going to be unique and interesting and Sup Forums will hate it.

you can't fucked up him more than prequels

this character is completely ruined for me

a fucking clone
not a fucking clone but a clone of a guy who got cloned into whole galactic army
wtf

>a black lesbian woman becomes bobba
Gee, so interesting.

Better question:
How badly WON'T they fuck him up.

Boba Fett isn't interesting unless he's a direct clone of Jango Fett

Who cares,I wont watch it

Did that fucking cgi show made him no longer a mandalorian?
He even becomes mandalore, c'mon. Why take that away from him.

No it's some tatooine white guy who was a slave as a child. That's who has it in the book at least in the new instances it shows up.

He attempts to act as a Sheriff type thing of tatooine after the planet dives into chaos when Jabba dies

He was never supposed to be mandalorian. That was an EU concept.

George used the Clone Wars as an opportunity to undo that since he never agreed with making him mandalorian in the first place

>Did that fucking cgi show made him no longer a mandalorian?
user, I...

listen..

It's canon. All of it. Boba Fett will always be mandalorian. You know this, I know this, we all know this. Turn back now..

>bobba fett is a symbol, not a name
>han solo is not his real name
man, is there anything Disney not gonna destroy?

Most of the EU was far better than anything George Lucas had ever done. He should just accept.
Mandalorians still exist, because I know there's a stupid cunt with a stupid mandalorian armor in that show, so what's even the point in making him specifically not one, even though he also wears mandalorian armor and crest.

they can do it like Tron movies, where Boba is only in the film for like 5 minutes and its about the other bounty hunters

Yea mandalorians are still a race. In fact, they are pretty important to the show that denounced Jango being mandalorian.

youtu.be/8bwB_-HqEyg

Couldn't tell you why. George is fucking weird, who knew.
I don't think it makes the character better or worse though. In the show, the only warrior mandalorians who are still around are terrorists so maybe George didn't want the character associated with that, even though I'm sure the plot was written after the fact

Already did, and it's "HER" you misogynist scum

>Disney is going to swap a black character that was extremely popular for a white guy even if it's canon
as if.

>Jango Fett is a common Bounty Hunter! How he acquired that armor is beyond me..
That dude is is not a reliable source. Look how instantly dismissive he is, Jango CLEARLY has something to do with the mandalorians. He's some kind of outcast or menace or something, that only woke mandalorians know about.

Also, "common" bounty hunter. No way dude, otherwise Dooku would not have hired him.

I maintain that this cgi show is nothing more than an in-universe holovid drama.

im only waiting for him to take off the mask only to reveal its been a black woman all along

Only Triple-Zero was good.

boba has like 5 lines and we know nothing about what hes like, as long as they make him a badass and really good at killing things they will be golden

Death Watch was a thing since before TCW, but Mandalorians started with the Old Republic stuff before KOTOR if I'm not mistaken.

Gardulla is still alive in The Clone Wars, so how Fett became the clone template is a mystery again because he killed her in the Bounty Hunter game.

Lucas already did

EU was what made him cool, so I guess Disney already fucked up what was left

This

First mention of Mandalorians is from the Exar Kun Jedi Civil War

>new character taking up the helm
yeah no
>unique and interesting
how exactly would that be interesting?

It's probably the best one, but I preferred True Colors for reasons I don't remember anymore.

Ok so it was that tales of the jedi series as I thought.

It gives boba to have a personality and backstory beond generic Jango clone

A movie about Boba Fett should not be filmed with him as the protagonist. It should be from the POV of his bounty.

This is the only good Fett movie idea I have heard

Say it with me Sup Forums

IDRIS

>generic jango clone
>literally the only distinctive jango clone

you know thats not how cloning works, even in star wars. right?

yea i like that

All jango clones are just Jango clones. Just because this one specifically became a bounty Hunter doesn't make him any more interesting than any of the Clone Troopers

Why is she holding her gun like that literally all the time?

Make it a No Country for Old Men thing, Bobba doesn't need many lines, motivations beyond being paid, exposition.

its a good idea for a scene IN a boba fett movie maybe. not good enough of a gimmick to stretch beyond fifteen minutes of movie IMO

Sucks desu. TCW causes more problems than it's worth, but I don't hate it.

He's not a woman so I don't know why they'd be interesting in covering him at all. He may be the one character that gets out of this unscathed.

Yes, yes it does. Clone Troopers were conditioned clones, that's why you view them with no personality, they are no much more than robots.
Bobba isn't, he's a whole new individual, he doesn't have Jango's memories, his brain, he developed like any child, his experiences were unique. He's exactly the same as being someone's child.

To be honest? he can only get better, did you watch Jedi? they fucking drag him into the mud

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>Clone Troopers were conditioned clones, that's why you view them with no personality, they are no much more than robots.
this isn't true btw but I'll blame ignorance on your part and let you off the hook

a clone with a theoretical army of aging father figures left behind by the clone wars

a clone orphaned by the jedi

a clone orphan who becomes one of the top bounty hunters in the galaxy
>not interesting
fuck you. you dont even like star wars!

Oh, ok, I guess some new retarded thing retconned the obedience conditioning literally mentioned ad verbatim in attack of the clones.

Don’t bully Karen you nigger

Reminder:
>he is now a clone
>his original sinister voice is replaced by some kiwi faggot
>he became a bad guy because fucking mace windu decapitated his daddy in front of him

They can hardly rape him worse than GL did at this point.

He has no character, there's not much to fuck up. He's just an asshole who got killed like a bitch.

Oh that? That was just a Kaminoan marketing meme. They're well trained though, no doubt. Some clones are more "brainwashed" than others, but none of them are really comparable to robots. Order 66 was done consciously.

This

how is that a bad story though? a rogue clone who saw his "father" die a horrible death at the hands of a jedi. what exactly is your problem with that story?

>They know the clone army was made by Tyranus aka Dooku and Jango Fett.
>They still decide to use them and trust them
Wut?

It’s now some biochip in their brain that allows them to all be ordered to betray their Jedi Generals.

"a bloo bloo. NOT MY BOBA! prequels are shit so its ok for disney to make him even shittier!"

>Clone Troopers were conditioned clones, that's why you view them with no personality, they are no much more than robots.
You should watch TCW
>Order 66 was done consciously.
Nope, it wasn't. Though once the order came down, the clones believed that it was.

I was on bored until you brought up 66.

Order 66 was specifically carried out because of a chip in the clones heads. It wasn't a concious effort on their part.

This is both canon to Disney AND the EU. There is a clone wars arc about it

It’s ok for Disney to ruin a dead body because the life that was once there is gone yes.

It is shit because the entire premise surrounding the prequels is shit, and that drags it down. Jango shouldn’t exist and MUH DEAD DAD WHO GAVE ME SUPER GENETICS isn’t as interesting as simply not knowing about his origins.

he was better when he was just some dude with a raspy voice in an armour

The clone army was commissioned by Sifo Dias

They already took away his cool voice, no offence to the Kiwi guy, I love him in Battlefront.

They already did. He is now Phasma.

Original Boba Fett was best Boba Fett

Journeyman Police Officer Jaster Mereel framed for a crime and went on the run, took up the mantel of Boba Fett

So the rogues one that refused Order 66 are now because of chips malfunctioning?

prequel hate blinds you fool
>super genetics
wtf are you even on about? literally no mention of this in any prequel movies

It's much more interesting to me that they are conditioned and some clone commanders break conditioning through their experiences side by side with some jedi.

They already fucked him up when Lucas changed him from Clint Eastwood in space to a clone cuck from down under.

Shame about it
Battlefront 2 (the real one) version of order 66 is superior in every possible way
>What I remember about the rise of the Empire is... is how quiet it was. During the waning hours of the Clone Wars, the 501st Legion was discreetly transferred back to Coruscant. It was a silent trip. We all knew what was about to happen, what we were about to do. Did we have any doubts? Any private traitorous thoughts? Perhaps, but no one said a word. Not on the flight back to Coruscant, not when Order 66 came down, and not when we marched into the Jedi Temple. Not a word.

No. They had them surgically removed without the republic finding out after being tipped off when one of the clones' chips DOES malfunction and causes him to kill a Jedi far before the order is given

I mean, if you check out Kanan and post-RotS Vader comics, you realize that that's still what they thought. The chip made permanent changes to their mindset. It implemented a thought - "the Jedi are traitors and must be wiped out", a thought that lingered with their mind while they aided the Empire in its early years.

That'd actually be a good movie.

But the mouse don't care about good ideas.

The only clones that we know of in canon that didn't execute the order are Rex, Wolffe and Gregor. Also Kix, but he was frozen in a cryostatis during the whole thing.

Idk I liked it

For that matter, CC-10/994 "Grey" did execute the order, but unlike his fellow clones, he snapped out of it later on and redeemed himself by allowing a Jedi to escape.

Howso? Was his accent an integral part of his character before? He was a clone of Jango Fett who grew up in his formative years with his original acting as his father, yeah he's going to have an accent you bum!

Kino as fuck
Too bad EA ruins everything

>Order 66 was specifically carried out because of a chip in the clones heads.
>This is both canon to Disney AND the EU
nah the biochip thing only happens in Disney/TCW.

the original explanation is what they had in RepCom and games like Battlefront II.

Here's an excerpt from republic commando:

"It was an unremarkable order among many others in the days when they first learned the list. Nobody thought the Jedi would actually turn bad; but if the worst happened, and they did, simply detaining a being with prodigious Force powers wasn’t an option. It had to be lethal force. It was the same for a number of other species and organizations on the contingency list, who were great allies but who would need a lot more stopping power than a simple arrest if they turned into enemies.An order was an order. And orders had to be followed, or else society fell apart. It wasn’t blind obedience, Skirata told his commandos, but a conscious suppression of individual choice that every soldier made in a democracy. The soldier was the instrument of the state, not its master, and the state was the citizens. The citizens made their choice of civil government, and that government tasked the army. The army couldn’t pick and choose which lawful orders it obeyed. An army that took those decisions upon itself undermined democracy, and ended up overthrowing the government.And orders—followed instantly—kept you alive; take cover, cease fire, fall back. Orders came from those who had the bigger picture when you didn’t; move that battalion, withdraw from that sector, press forward on the enemy’s flank. If you stood around arguing the toss about them, you got yourself and others killed."

>It's much more interesting to me that they are conditioned and some clone commanders break conditioning through their experiences side by side with some jedi.
I agree, the original EU version is more fascinating.

TCW is EU. it's the only part of the EU to have carried over to Disney along with the movies.

Specifically got the Lucas seal of approval too unlike Republic Commando and Battlefront

More like why did they decide to give Boba's armor to a shitty warrior race?

>Boba's armor defines a whole race
>Some female twi'lek being a whore at Jabba's defines a whole race
>A bunch of Bothans being spies define a whole race

That's Star Wars for you

I don't know man, a bunch of criminals stuck in a place with boba fett hunting them down one by one might be interesting, especially if he'd prefer to take them alive. Like imagine it being like reservoir dogs only instead of a warehouse it's a shitty abandoned space station and boba is in there with them

Star Wars lore is lame as fuck. It's a shitty universe.

>some kiwi faggot

Words fall from mouth like shit from ass!

thats a recipe for boba having almost no time on screen. also since boba probably wouldnt die in his own movie, you'd have 'main characters' dying and failing to accomplish anything of note most of the film

TCW was never EU. It was developed as Lucas's own brand of "TV-canon", with him saying that it would overwrite any information from previous works if they were contradicted.

I consider some episodes of The Clone Wars non-canon, same thing I did with some of Clone Wars 2003 chapters like battle of Muunilinst or Dantooine.

To me, Jango & Boba are Mandolorians, Grievous is still a dangerous badass killing-machine warrior, Darth Plagueis a Muun, ect.

>Most of the EU was far better than anything George Lucas had ever done.
lmao