Editor working on Alita Battle Angel

Go ahead, ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PR9JE8xOVe4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why did you give her William's Syndrome?

Who is responsable for the fucking eyes.

what wrong with her eyes ?
why are they so huge ?

Can she see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

Rodriguez already claimed responsibility

why

Ed skrein's character is basically jack from tekken i take it?

pls dont fuck up. this has potential to be kino.

It was a culmination of all of them.

James Cameron considers Avatar a stepping stone for the project for the fully CG character.

Jon Landau pushed for the eyes and Rodriguez agreed upon it as well.

How many editing puns are you subjected to on a daily basis?

Why is she not black?

>editing puns

?

are you related to someone in the movie business?

Is Desty Nova going to be a mad nanotechnologist obsessed with overcoming Karma, or will he just be some generic cyberbrain hacker ripped off of GitS?

We they inspired by reaility?
youtube.com/watch?v=PR9JE8xOVe4

More importantly: will there be flan?

I can't say who is playing him, but they way they are portraying him is like if you mixed Hannibal Lector mixed in with the Joker with some Rick Sanchez in it. He's only in the movie for a little bit, but enough to give you an idea, and yes he does love flan.

>tfw I think the eyes are actually quite fine for a cyborg character

Please send this image to your boss. It's not too late. She can still be saved.

Then why do none of the other cyborgs have them?

Yeah It's pretty obvious Cameron is holding off on the Nova reveal.

I don't care who plays him as much as I care he's driven by the same motivation, and the philosophical aspects of his character will not be omitted from the silver screen because lol audiences are dum just giv em popcorn.

"Hannibal Lector mixed in with the Joker with some Rick Sanchez" sounds fine as a portrayal otherwise.

can u edit a penis on her

Man Hollywood is fucked up these days if they choose the huge eyes over this.

You people are faggots.

How bad did they fuck it up?

She was meant to look like a doll. Ido (Waltz's character) made her look like one so she just could look pretty and ornamental. There are other strange look cyborgs that have CG or prosthetics on them.

how much (if any) Motorball is in the movie?

The problem is the rest of her face looks normal. If the rest of her face looked doll like it would have been ok.

Second Half of the movie is motorball, Joshugon is renamed Amok (Casper Van Dien) and his sister Nyssiana (Eia Gonzalez) are in it as well.

First half is a mixture of the hunter warrior and Hugo parts.

On a scale of Chappie to Blade Runner, how is it?

cut it out, will ya?

I imagine if they went and renamed Jashugan its because they couldn't make a Hollywood movie have a not-totally-evil villain. So they basically rewrote the character.

Why move away from the original plot + setting. I wanted to see Den wrecking shit.

I think if they put motorball in the movie they'll ruin the character arc. It's just too much unless the film is 2+ hours.

Motorball is part of a long drawn out grieving process which slowly reveals her warrior spirit and has all kinds of layers: intrigue, combat, sport, comradeship, self-transcendence, etc. You'd need a feature-length film just to cover it.

If they just jam it in there her motivations won't even make sense. It'll be "Oh, okay. I guess she's doing this now."

Spoil the ending

This trailer played in my theater and everyone was laughing at how stupid it looked.

How much is the gore toned down?

See >Second Half of the movie is motorball

is Hugo as much of a piece of shit as in the manga?
Is there man on robot intercourse?
is it as shit as it looks?

Am i the only one that doesnt like how the drawing style went from looking hand drawn in the original, to computer made in last order?

Is it based off the entire series? Or just the beginning?

This isn't like DBZ or Ghost in the shell, nobody except weebs has heard of this

If they try to cover every storyline of the entire 9 volumes the movie will be a two hour blipvert.

Make a good movie for the first arc, follow it up with more for more $$$

Can't be since the original is 9 volumes long. Then you've got the sequel GUNNM: Last Order that goes in a different direction somewhere near the end of the first series to a new story and that is 19 volumes long. Then you've got the 3rd series Mars Chronicle which is still ongoing with only 4 volumes at the moment. If they did try to cram it all in, it would turn out like The Last Airbender by Shymalan. It looks like it'll turn out worst than ScarJo Ghost in the Shell.

That's fine. I'm a consumer. I'll see every movie in a series if they're good.

It's the same character, just a different name. Not sure why they did that. They even have the arm wrestling scene in there.

Does Cameron have print copies of the comics laying around in the breakroom for you to read or what? What format did he use to introduce you to the material? Did he ask you not to read certain things? Did he only hire Alita fans who were already familiar with the source work?

Yeah, he tries to use her to get chips to get into Tiphares through motorball after killing cyborgs for spines and being caught by Zapan. Don't worry, he goes out like he did in the manga by falling to his death.

I read the first volume, most people just read the wikipedia pages

looks like shit

We do have the novels to refer from for references on how certain scenes look, we also looked at the OVA although it only covers a small fraction of what the manga did.

>210 days

Shit. At least torrent it and share copies around.

25bf50a8ccf567b4b8da735056ee9645b27727cc

Only takes a weekend to read everything.

I'll assume fake but whatever. Since most of what we have seen so far seems pretty out there for a movie in terms of being grounded in being possible like Makakus grind cutters etc etc, will the movie take it even more crazy from there to make it totally over the top and insane rather than trying to ground it into something believable. Also when should we get ready to hear more about the movie, just been waiting almost 20 years for this movie and hype is now totally real.

What was the main reason for making Rosa to have big fucking CGI eyes instead of hiring someone who has it naturally?

By "everyone" he means "blacks."

How violent is it? Give detailed examples.

The trilogy they are planning is going to be like this

Movie 1 :Bounty Hunter, Hugo and Motorball arcs
Movie 2 : Mutated Zapan and Agent Alita, Figure Four arcs
Movie 3 : Radio Kaos, Barjack and Desty Nova parts. They plan on ending it like how it originally did with Alita ending up in Figure Fours arms as a human coming out of the giant tree.

No plans for Last Order or Mars Chronicle although there might be references.

>unnaturally large eyes
>same hair
>same general facial features
>same body type
>delivers a performance suited to the role
Name someone else.

how does cameron function in hollywood despite what is obviously at the very least assburger syndrome

$

I would watch every one of these twice.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised they gave it a PG-13 rating, people are being dismembered, mutilated and eaten while they are screaming in pain. The beginning of the films has a prostitute cyborg leaving a brothel because of harassment before getting her head blown off and her body mysteriously dragged away. It's a really fucked up film, it's going to be funny seeing people's reactions to it.

>everyone was laughing at how stupid it looked
this is exactly how people reacted to the AVATAR teaser trailers. only the full trailer shut them the fuck up and of course the resulting success speaks for itself. a unique vision (i.e. something new and outside the audience's comfy zone) requires some getting used to and persuasion.

You appear to misunderstand user, they will tone the movie down to match the PG13 rating

You can't just make something PG13 and trhem keep the R rated shit

DOES CHRISTOPH WALTZ HAVE A JET POWERED HAMMER AND KILL MOTHERFUCKERS WITH IT?!

How could they all be retarded?

>he thinks directors need to be normies

it's not rated yet, though. I know they are aiming for PG-13 but if it is indeed as violent as you say I'd expect some cuts.

Post proofs

>trying to bait people into getting fired
fuck off

Because he's more interested in deep sea navigation. In his mind, the directing thing is a side-gig that he's only spent a few years on, while he's spent most of his life in aquatica. As far as Hollywood is concerned, the man will print money if you can give him a reason to get out of a submarine and into a director's chair.

Some of the stuff is cut away and a lot of the characters being dismembered are robots, but they bleed oil.

How will they rape makakus, hugos, alitas and zapans characters?

How scrapyard-y is the scrapyard? The shots in the trailer look like modern Mexico.

Cameron can. Although it will probably have an "unrated" cut

that looks worse

what drugs was james cameron on what where can i get some?

Makaku's name is Grewcica but his backstory is the same as it was it the manga, even has the maggot body. Chiren helps out Alita in the motorball part to spite Ido for not helping her to get back into Tiphares.

Hugo is the same except he has a motorcycle and teaches Alita how to play Motorball in an abandoned roller derby rink.

Zapan is an asshole who believes that Alita is ruining the hunter warrior name and tries to find way to humiliate her only for it to backfire big time at the end.

so we going the samurai jack route?
cool

I don't really understand the thinking behind the giant anime eyes
>this girl's a robot, we could make her fully CG, but let's have her just be played by a regular human, that way she'll more naturalistic, easier to watch, easier to empathise with
>but wait, no, we'll make her eyes - the windows to her soul - look like ungodly abominations
sold!

If anything you should have free reign to mess with how she looks but leave the eyes alone

Are studios afraid that this movie will be complete shit.

Acceptable. Proceed.

dont you animefags always complain about the actress not looking like the character?

From what I have heard, a lot of them are interested to see how it does. Lot's of studios are preparing to do anime based movies and tv shows as well. Sword Art Online is planned to become a live action show.

>Movie 2 : Mutated Zapan and Agent Alita, Figure Four arcs
This would be considerably less material than parts 1 and 3 and how I can tell OP is full'o'shito

One of my favorite scenes is when Alita beats the shit out of all the hunter warriors in the bar.
Near the end of the fight Alita counters Zapan's dagger and ends up controlling his moves to attack the other people. He says "let me go" and then somersault kicks him into a group of warriors and goes flying out the door.

The fight scenes in this are going to be the best in a while, I'll say that much..

>I'm actually okay with this
>Based Jim did it again

Well of course, he worked on this for 18 fucking years.

Who shot the fucking thing, imdb doesn't list a cinematographer

What else do you want to know?

Can you edit it in a shoutout to Sup Forums somewhere nobody will notice until we can pause the blu-ray?

do you take it up the ass?

had that old senile Cameron ever heard of Final Fantasy? he is no pioneer in this

Who the fuck thought those bug eyes were a good idea? She looks creepy as fuck.

FF was for all intents and purposes an animated movie. My guess is Cameron won't be happy until he makes a truly photorealistic CG character