Serious question

Serious question...
Why do most of you guys prefer overly-coreographed "fight" scenes?
Real fights never look like that.
It's literally just dancing with weapons.
Why don't you just watch some ballet if that's what you want to see?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9T_UL6GlsnE
youtube.com/watch?v=Cn36Pb8z3yI
youtu.be/ryuW22MWnOU
youtube.com/watch?v=d-KX99T5r3A
youtube.com/watch?v=wJBrYKbmZ1I
youtube.com/watch?v=4RdKAuvFB0o
youtube.com/watch?v=JzKXmQVJtfw
youtube.com/watch?v=JFKGuAVE-Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=WEftSB8RynY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wushu_(sport)
youtube.com/watch?v=gI0gylb0Lgk
youtube.com/watch?v=Opj6f-XpxGM
youtube.com/watch?v=ru-4GxTmhbY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

real fights look shit you fucking retard

If we wanted to see real fights we can go to YouTube. We want to see dope shit with motherfukers using the Force and Lazer swords and jumping 30 feet in the air, goddamn it. If you don't understand that you dont understand entertainment.

No shit.
That's exactly what I'm saying.
Real fights look real... not like two guys ballet dancing with swords.

It's not just Star Wars, though.
It's any type of fighting. Even fist fights.

The wuxiaesque fights fit the prequels desu.

Are you seriously asking why people want to see cool shit?

Because it's a duel between space samurai wizards for fuck's sake

If I wanted realistic fights I'd watch fucking martial arts tournaments or some shit

I think he was pointing out you where an idiot for thinking, realism = always good.

With your retard logic most writers should have boring realistic conversations and not attempt to solely write dialogue that's interesting.

They're kung fu monks who have trained from child in the same millenarian Jedi arts.

Movies are inherently a phony artform. Might as well revel in the artifice and have fun with it.

This is how the fights should've been

youtube.com/watch?v=9T_UL6GlsnE

Realistic speed, technique but insane superhuman strength. The swordfights in the prequels look fake even in a videogame.

This is what a real fight looks like.

oh look! another the last jedi apologist thread appears! trying to close up those holes in the throne room scene are we?

Jedi can literally see the future and read minds.

chinks and their overated "martial arts". it's been proven that comparing to actual combat martial art like muay thai, this kungfu stuff is just ballet dancing

Oh look, a realistic sword fight that looks cooler than anything ever made in a major film!

youtube.com/watch?v=Cn36Pb8z3yI

Stop posting this garbage in every thread about swords.

I actually don't. From the prequels, TPM had the best duel. RotS' duel is SO fucking overchoreographed and drawn-out. It's a bore.

The OT duels were great because they focused more on the emotions of the fight over how much flippyshit they could do.

Only homos enjoy watching sweaty naked dudes hugging on the ground.

because its a space opera and supposed to be larger than life
now fuck off

Because the Jedi are superhuman and should fight in "unrealistic" fashion.

Go fuck yourself you jealous asshat. It's the best choreography anyone in HEMA has made so far, and it's been universally recognized as being among the best fo the best when it comes to sword fights.

well, that's the point, it's ballet with swords, it's what we want to see

I’d watch a movie of just this
Well maybe not a whole movie but at least a good 20 minutes

Not bad.
Has you seen the latest Jet li though?
youtu.be/ryuW22MWnOU

Can't respect faggots that would rather watch gooks with swords flip around than stylised but realistic stuff.

>watch those knight fights they have on Russian MMA cards
>poor guy trying to have a swordfight gets judo thrown on his head every time they get close
Don't know how to feel 2bh

You can find real fights anywhere. I want to see the things I couldn't just watch in an Octagon. If a movie takes a realistic approach to fighting I have no problem with it, but I don't believe there's anything wrong with watching an action movie to see some crazy fucking shit.

>The OT duels were great because they focused more on the emotions

this fucking line again...

Fags like you think Gandalf and Saruman should have thrown fireballs at each other.

I disrespect your opinion. Realism inspired action/fight scenes in movies like John Wick and The Raid have been the best in years.

Stop comparing Jedi to niggers having street brawls.
Your clueless eye wouldn't even recognize the several practiced moves happening in quick succession in a fight between experienced combatants.

This, if the fihters do kung fu all realism is already out of the window

>b-but is no realistic

>realism inspired fight scenes in movies like John Wick
>John Wick
user, please, just stop

kek
do plebs actually enjoy this garbage?

That's from the second one. I don't think you've actually seen them, otherwise you'd agree with me.

Real fighting is boring. It's why mma is boring gay shit with guys rolling around on the floor spanking each other.

It's more cinematic and memorable, the new shit just looks like them banging bats at each other

Only insecure homos think that wrestling is gay.
Also
>Muay Thai
>Fighting on ground

is he a ded now? guy got fucked

>ever responding to those people
You're doing it wrong

depends on which spectrum overly-choreographed it is. Is it so choreographed it looks more like a dance than a fight? I mean I'm pretty sure Jacki Chan fight scenes in the Mall of Police Story is very detailed choreographed but its an amazing fight.

just make a real wide swing that misses by a foot and tell the other guy to start spinning around like he's going for the gold

In the time where Lightsaber combat was common those crazy fights had to happen because most lightsaber fighting was filled with feints hence all the twisting and twirling. The OT fights are between an untrained person and an old guy who can't lift his arms above his head due to machinery.

Go watch your mandrama faggot

>it looks like balet
It's a space opera brainlet.

HK Jackie wasn't as wacky.

>Realism inspired action/fight scenes in movies like John Wick and The Raid
Are you kidding or what? The fight scenes in The Raid are awesome but they're absurdly unrealistic. Without even getting into the fighting itself, the premise right from the outset of one guy sucessfully taking on more than 2 others is extremely unrealistic.

You're right. I want to see drunk guys grappling and rolling around in the snow biting eachother and screaming out in pain when they roll onto their carkeys in the next Star Wars movie.

The figt scenes should be the least of your worries in star wars if are concerned about "muh realism"

I blame Asian cinema. They popularized ballet combat with kung fu movies. Every action movie today has been inspired by Chinese and Japanese wankery.

Because plebs just want to turn their brains off

also real fight vs choreographic shit
youtube.com/watch?v=d-KX99T5r3A

But Jackie perfected the fusion between fight scenes and comedy during his HK era. The Drunken Master 2 fights are fun but suck you right in as well. especially the Factory fight. That alone took 6 months to shoot because Jackie wanted it to get perfect. His fights are very choreographed its just despite it being so choreographed it still has humanity. Something which Hollywood lacks in general that and actors ready to commit to it to the extend Jackie and his Crew did

Yeah. A sentiment that's shared across the board by anyone who gives a shit about movies being effective and something that has been shown to elevate the stakes of fights on screen. You fucking faggot.

>implying the ot wasn't inspired by kung fu movies

TPM did have a really good duel. But you wanna talk about the emotions in duels making them good. Well RotS had plenty of emotions in the duel between Kenobi and Anakin along with the stunts jedi should be doing. How is it bad? Just because it's long? I think it was supposed to show they were pretty evenly matched. Should every Jedi duel end in 5 mins?

I'm not saying it's 1:1 real life stuff, we'll never get those in movies. Compared to the trends in films beforehand, The Raid and John Wick look like documentaries. I'm not what you think is 'absurd' about the raid too. It's just fast man.

>Real fights never look like that.
They're Jedi, you twat. They make it look like a dance because they're drawing heavily from an exotic form of energy that, quite literally, regulates cohesion itself.

>this guy got death threats because muh ancient honorabu eastern martial arts

That's generally overdramatic with all the silly kicks and yells and such and it's obviously too long to be realistic (for a good reason I guess), but I think it generally gets things right with the speed and violence of it, and of course the usage of actual techniques.

The hard part about real sword fights is that by definition they are harder to understand than movie choreography. In one you want to confuse your opponent and be unpredictable, in the other the moves of the characters should generally be telegraphed (and overcommitted) so that the viewer knows what the fuck is going on.
However perhaps realistic fights might actually be better at generating tension because they're so fast and unpredictable.

Serious question...
Why do most of you guys prefer overly-choreographed "sex scenes?
Real sex never looks like that.
It's literally just hentai with live actors.
Why don't you just watch some Virgin Night if that's what you want to see?

>real fight

Yeah why don't those space wizards just start throwing wild haymakers at each other's heads?

i just cant understand why the other guy would even accept such a challenge

i mean he has to know honorabu ancient kung fu is all bullshit right?

As I understand it a lot of them straight up believe their own bullshit. I mean they swallowed the propaganda at one point too before they started teaching.

It's not garbage, they are using 100% legit medieval fighting techniques for long swords.

Would literally be more interesting. You could even do a thing where jedis don't expect just to get socked in the fucken noggin.

The same reason why Jackie Chan makes food fight scenes. He knows how to fight as well as his actors.
Normal actors dont know how to fight, so they are shit at fighting.

No but i think shield-surfing, dwarf-throwing, and trunk-sliding's pretty sweet

Lame.

>It's literally just dancing with weapons.
>Why don't you just watch some ballet if that's what you want to see?

Is there ballet with weapons?
Is that a thing?
>looks it up
youtube.com/watch?v=wJBrYKbmZ1I
youtube.com/watch?v=4RdKAuvFB0o
youtube.com/watch?v=JzKXmQVJtfw

I guess this is better?
youtube.com/watch?v=JFKGuAVE-Ww

But I'm going to have to give this a hard pass, even though I do kind of want to see Romeo and Tybalt with Light Sabres.
This is garbage.

define overchoreographed.
everyone loved winter soldier's fights

>He knows how to fight
Really? I thought he went to a stunt/gymnast academy.

for got the garbage
youtube.com/watch?v=WEftSB8RynY

is that Furio on the right

Right? It would have been so much better if both Kenobi and Anakin got down into their vale tudo shorts when they met on Mustafaar and just started grappling it out.

>Real fights never look like that.

if I wanted to watch real fights I'd watch real videos of real fights, which are only entertaining because they are real, in a movie "realism" is fucking boring because that means the hero gets his ass kicked by the villain in half a second because he happens to weigh more than him which is not a compelling narrative

even trips can't save that dumb clip.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wushu_(sport)
youtube.com/watch?v=gI0gylb0Lgk

Very passive aggressive, I hurt your feelings.

LMAO. This shit would have been so fucking funny. These two awesome Jedi just start throwing hands schoolyard style

Not hurt at all. Just showing how fucking retarded it is to want/expect a realistic fight from, essentially, magic beings.

The Raid is deliberately OTT. That's what makes it such a blast to watch.

That's just as fake as the Star Wars lightsaber shit, except Star Wars has the advantage of actually intentionally being magical and fantastical.

That's fucking dumb and super unrealistic. Fikes generally last less than 10 seconds. I don't care who you are if you get hit straight on in the face by a trained fighter a couple times you're going down and you're probably going to die if he wasn't holding back.

Here's what an actual realistic fight looks like
youtube.com/watch?v=Opj6f-XpxGM

The saber duels were inspired by Kurosawa.

because they're Jedi/Sith, they're supposed to be superhuman. what the fight scenes in the prequels(and new trilogy) lacked was heart. it wasn't only until Revenge that we got it because of everything that's been built up in the last two films. although the Anakin vs Obi Wan fight was excruciatingly long, and there wasn't much back and forth between the two until the very end.

>Those quads
But yeah I literally laughed out loud just thinking about it

>picks his head up and slams it back against the ground at the end
Holy fucking based

I desperately want a Chinese version of the Nutcracker now.

All that build up (even more so if you watch the animated series) honestly makes the emotional gravitas of that fight more than anything in even the OT in my opinion. Yeah some of the acting and writing hurt It, but still. Also top notch SW song playing during it.

If I want to see a real fight I can watch niggers on live leak.

Cringe. You alt right princesses are pure cringe. It's actually hard to look at.

So essentially this webm: But starring Kenobi, Anakin, And Padme? Who would be who? I assume Kenobi is the guy in the jacket since he wins?

Quality bait.

This looks exactly like star wars but with worse sound effects and worst gayasss cosplay

if he's not, he probably wishes he was. brain damage is shit.

What? No. It's tense, focused and the action isn't silly. You're acting like it's Dragon Ball Z or something. Like I said, I'm not saying it's real life.

I'm really not joking though. I'm not sure why you people think The Raid is particularly unrealistic, when it's literally the opposite. It's particularly realistic for a martial arts film.
youtube.com/watch?v=ru-4GxTmhbY