Luke turning up in an old xwing and single-handedly fighting the first order would have been stupid...

luke turning up in an old xwing and single-handedly fighting the first order would have been stupid. It's a good job the fans don't get to control what happens in the movie.

Projecting himself is perfect because he's not there to fight, he's there to inspire hope, and Luke represents hope.

with the cave, they don't think there is a way out until they see luke and they start to believe their is a way out.

Also the bomber planes drop bombs , it's on purpose, you're not the only person to notice this would not work in real life in space. It's on purpose.

And now the movie is bombing, was that on purpose too

You're right. Luke showing up in person to fight to the death would have been exhilarating and emotionally satisfying. I'd much rather be confused and underwhelmed.

Why wouldn’t they just use Y-Wings for the bombing run? They don’t move at the speed of an old man’s turd like those other bombers

He did the equivalent of DANCE OFF BRO

Meanwhile admiral killallmen had a much more spectacular and satisfying heroic ending

this move is fucking dogshit, fuck you

He could have inspired hope by actually being there, shill. In fact, if they were gonna kill him off he should have been there in person. This projection shit is awful storytelling.

i actually thought, at first, it was a really cool idea. that kylo renn is so poor in the force that he cant even realize hes being toyed with by luke, and in hindsight it makes the lasers not killing him and stuff make perfect sense. it was a really smart move of luke to use kylos unrealistic godlike views of himself to fool kylo.

what i didnt understand is why luke fucking died.

in hindsight i agree if luke was gonna fucking die it would have been better to see him fucking die in person.

but just in terms of a trick, its a pretty good trick.

Yeah that a cool idea and it shows Luke telling Ben "you're not as smart/strong as you think" but why did he have to die it's so retarded.

its excellent but there's no reason for him to die afterwards, it just undermines the whole scene

also the rest of the film is shit so who cares if this scene isn't as shit as people are making it out to be

I thought it was pretty clear. He died so he can pull a Ben Kenobi in the next film. When Rey is at her lowest, he’s going to appear to her and tell her he was wrong for giving up hope or some shit, and she’s going to find the will to go on.

>strongest Jedi who ever lived
>uses the force in ways not even Yoda could've
>experienced and tested X-Wing pilot
>takes ut battalions of Tie fighters by himself
>just jokes around before he dies instead of using everything he has to stop the nuEmpire

Yeah, why give the fans something they owuld actually like to see.
We have to subvert the expecations of everyone who ever saw the OT...

>it was a really smart move of luke to use kylos unrealistic godlike views of himself

What godlike views of himself?
He's constatly shown as a child that throws a tantrum whenever something isn't going the way he wants it, completly unable to use even the tinyest bit of logic to get to his goal.
Or is this another attempt of the mouse to subvert the critisism and try to downplay it?

>and Luke represents hope.
And now child murder and the milking of sexualized alien creatures

if they had seen him die it would not have inspired hope

seeing luke skywalker's bloody and dying body would make them turn themselves in

force projection was the best way to do the scene

fanservice , like luke fightingt he whole army and throwing walkers, sounds good in your head but it doesn't make good movie and wold be silly

>child murderer
Watch the movie before you bitch about it
>muh green milk
He drank blue milk in the OT and no one gave a flying fuck. Oh wait, Sup Forums hasn’t watched the OT, that makes sense.

I did, he stood there and considered killing his sleeping nephew with his lightsaber. That's what starts the whole story (lol) of the new trilogy. No wonder people are trashing this piece of shit, right?

Imagine defending a multi-billion dollar company’s shitty movie for free

>but the moment passed, and I was left with shame
Again, he saw everything that Ben was capable of, and, overwhelmed, considered nipping it in the bud. But then he realized what he was doing, and because of that slip up, Ben left him. He didn’t kill him, and he wasn’t going to. He’s not a child murderer.
Watch the movie and don’t rely on Sup Forums webms.

>Someone dies so you could live
>Turn yourselves in
Low testosterone user detected

>For free
You under estimate the (((mouse)))

Yeah, sure. When you wake up and your unvle looks at you, holding a gun to your head, ready to shoot, you'll be understanding as well whewn he says that it was becasue he had "just a feeling".

>seeing luke skywalker's bloody and dying body would make them turn themselves in
>Luke saw Ben die, got pissed and nuked the Death Star

Besides, Luke would have just disappeared like the hologram did, no bloody corpse. In fact, there's no difference to either death from the Resistance's perspective. Finally, they were long gona by the time Luke died and didn't see shit.

Basically, your argument is total fucking shit.

I didn’t say he was in the right, retard, that’s the whole point. Luke was in the wrong for even having that thought, and there were consequences.

>Guy who spent an entire movie learning the force and how to protect himself from the dark side.
>Same guy that went to fight the second most evil guy in the galaxy, a guy that was a child murderer if you consider the prequels canon, and one that spent the trilogy committed atrocities and genocide not, with the intent of killing him but to bring him back because he believed there was still good in him.
>Actually succeed in this.
>Fast forward to now.
>Same character sees a poorly discernible vision of what might be from his child NEPHEW.
>Immediately contemplates murdering him.
It's fucking retarded.

Are you payed in disney dollars for this?

if they saw Luke Skywalker die morale would hit an all-time low.

using the projection trick he was untouchable and continued a legend that inspired future rebels, like the kids at the end who were recreating the scene

>>but the moment passed, and I was left with shame
So he had that moment. He considered walking over there with his already active lightsaber and push it through his sleeping, 15 year old nephew's guts. He considered looking him in his terrified eyes as his sister's only son's intestines would broke and the boiling mix of shit and blood would spill under the bed.

"Why uncle Luke? Why are you doing this?" his eyes would say, but not his mouth because the paralyzing pain.

He then would push his energy sword up, sloooooooooooooowly cutting his closest kin's flesh, already passed out from the pain but still alive, bleeding slowly to his sure death. He would push and push until Ben's sternum breaks and his lungs gets filled with that unholy liquid made of the inside of Ben's body. Ben's bed would be burning by now and his blank, horrified eyes would be looking at his trusted uncle, whistling the Star Wars opening track and smiling from ear to ear.

But it was a passing moment, I agree that Luke's character isn't ruined forever and that Disney has a still very alive franchise there. I can't wait to see how the guy who wrote BvS treats this and other characters in Ep9!

it's totally different. there is a big difference. in one he is like an ethereal and untouchable precence

in the other, he is a bloody mulch on the floor, humiliated and mortal

which would help the resistance more to see?

>luke turning up in an old xwing and single-handedly fighting the first order would have been stupid.

It would have been fucking awesome and perfectly in line with this shitty sci-fi epic before teh SJWs sunk their talons into it.

A character isn’t defined by their spur of the moment reaction to something. It’s defined by what they actually do. In IV, when Luke was just beating Vader down while the emporer watched, he obviously thought about killing him, but refusing to after he came to his senses is what defined him as a character. How does it feel to not understand story structure at all just to be a contrarian?

>an x-wing single-handedly fighting the first order would have been stupid
I agree, that's why I hate the opening of TLJ

Now being serious, this is probably the worst character assasination in the history of pop culture. Turning the most innocent, optimistic main character in Hollywood into a murderous child killer is disgusting even for Disney. The rest of the movie is shit too, but SW fans would take it just like they took TFA and Rogue One and the prequels and every other liquid shit some studio decided to put their ever thankful mouths.

But this is too much

*6, not 4, fuck Roman numerals.

how does it feel to be a soyboy?

>How does it feel to not understand story structure at all just to be a contrarian?
I don't know, you don't understand the difference between those two scenes and you're calling me a contrarian for shitting on a shit movie with a 54% audience approval, so you tell me

>if they had seen him die it would not have inspired hope

Luke's sacrifice to save others would've been the hope they needed to realize there are still Jedi that care and Rey is also one of them

It's not like the death of Obi-wan didn't inspire a new hatred of the empire in Luke or something oh yeah but he was sad because an old man he just befriended was now dead so clearly he gave up after that right?

The X-wing was underwater they literally showed it for a reason so Luke had no way to leave the island. I don't think many people are criticizing his force projection. I would've liked to have seen him gone on the offensive and blown up some AT ATs with magic force powers but whatever it was fine.

>in the other, he is a bloody mulch on the floor, humiliated and mortal

HE LITERALLY DISAPPEARED WHEN HE DIED JUST LIKE OBI-WAN AND YODA YOU SHILL. THERE WOULD BE NO FUCKING BODY, DID YOU EVEN READ WHAT I WROTE YOU MOUSE COCK-SUCKING PIECE OF GARBAGE?

Ha!

You could call almost anything fanservice. The point is that it would have been EXCITING and EMOTIONAL not CONFUSING, NONSENSICAL and UNDERWHELMING.

Luke is the guy who destroyed Death Star, redeemed Darth Vader and pretty much destroyed the Empire.

Same guy sacrificed himself like a fag to save 20 people. What the shit is Resistance even supposed to do now? It's like Empire succeeded in slaughtering everybody on Hoth. They are fucking done.

Also, we see one fucking X-wing solo a star dreadnought in this retarded movie but Luke can't fight 10 AT-AT?

Ugh that shoulder flick made me cringe so hard during the projection scene.

They ruined a lot of nice moments with shit they thought was funny. The lightsaber throw should have been an immediate sign that was a middle finger to JJ.

>Ugh that shoulder flick made me cringe so hard during the projection scene.
I thought it was fine for Luke. Too bad it was just force projection all along.

this tbqh senpai

No it's not the same, the resistance fighters are not the the same as original trilogy Luke .. they don't have the raw power to do anything about it for starters-- it won't help them they would just feel defeated

the resistance are a waning group of ragtag fighters, they need morale and something to make them think they can keep going and some hope to hang on to that is bigger than themselves

muh angry video game nerd autismo sperg-attack

Honestly, Luke should have been there physically. He destroys most of the AT-ATs, only a couple remain. They fire at him, but he catches them like how Kylo stopped the laser in TFA, but he reflects them back at the AT-ATs and destroys them.

Crowd goes nuts, Kylo and Luke have an ebin duel, Luke sacrifices himself for real to save more than 15 fucking people, people go home feeling satisfied and rate this positively. But we couldn't have that, could we?

Dodging the point. Concession accepted.

>there to inspire hope
>never going to show up after this one pointless fight because he aneurysm'd so hard

ok

>And now the movie is bombing,
The absolute delusion.

>the (((mouse)))
I haven't laughed this hard in a long time

Should've made him do a few backflips at least

>But we couldn't have that, could we?
Because Rian Johnson is a retard who thinks that subversion for the sake of subversion in a fucking Star Wars film is "clever" rather than just pretentious.

they pretty much covered why he didn't fly there in person by showing that his x-wing was submerged under water
it would be impossible for him to get it back out. check mate faggots

haha

just screech at someone like a child until they walk away and then claim victory

flawless tactic

Is this satire? I hope this is satire?

Refute what I said then, mouse.

The new trilogy is just a complete disgrace to the fans of the property.

>Introduce a new main character without any special background or anything that is immediately great at everything previous characters had to struggle to earn, pretty much an antithesis to Luke, and expect people to relate or even care about what this mediocre actress does or says in the movies

>Introduce a psychopath in the form of Finn, a stormtrooper with a conscious, but not really: You can understand what the writers wanted to do with him, humanize what is literal faceless cannon fodder, to tell the viewers these are people too, but they shit the bed immediately when they have him turn on his brother's in arms and whooping as he brutally murders people he grew up with on his way to join the Resistance, remember, the existence of Finn means every Stormtrooper has this potential of redemption, and in fact what opened Finn's eyes was watching his stormtrooper friend die, not some on the nose thing like murdering civilians. But again, it's right back to murdering Troopers left and right, completely undermining their own shit

And the worst thing of all
>Drag the original characters everyone grew to love into this mess and proceed to break them down, make them useless in the wake of Mary Sue and then kill them off without much fanfare in some of the most anticlimactic ways imaginable

Is it any wonder people hate this shit so much?
Seriously, don't watch the new trilogy if you have a brain, because while the special effects, and every scene looks visually great, even stunning, this is literally bells and whistles to distract the mindless husk from the complete garbage that is the actual movie.
This is all the praise these movies deserve: that they look good.
And considering the new cinematic status quo of garbage movies with garbage CGI that gets outdone by movies from a decade ago, this is becoming more and more a legitimate praise: "Yeah at least they tried making it look good."

This is what pisses me off so much. They had to have thoughto of the ESB scene when they set that up and they still went with the retarded projection crap. This shit writes itself and Rian went the opposite direction just to be a contrarian.

yeah dawg. thanks nibblin' though you dumb bitch

For some odd reason Disney decided from the get go that Luke will never leave that island and would die there. The astral projection looks like Rian Johnson working around the prerequisite. This is a typical cock block movie from uber feminazi Kathleen Kennedy. Preventing Luke from actually using his lightsaber is the equivalent of emasculating him.

These Russian posters I swear

for anyone who is curious, TLJ is expected to hit $600 million almost a week earlier than TFA.

It's sad that only a few people, such as yourself, get this scene. The rest just want fanfic.

I am 12 and I want an ebin battle! like with my toys!

>why didn't gandalf use his magic to kill sauron??

You're spoilering the movie; these fucking idiots clearly haven't seen it.

>I'm a 20-something contrarian and prefer blockbuster films which make people feel deflated and confused rather than anything positive.

So are the Resistance now going to have to cover-up his death for propaganda purposes? lol

You feel deflated and confused because you have autism. Most people I know - well-adjusted adults with jobs and everything - loved it.

He didn't have to get photoshopped out of existence afterwards though, they could've just shown him looking at the twin suns and ended it at that
Him dying ruins the trick