David Gyasi to play Achilles in Troy

>David Gyasi to play Achilles in Troy

What did they mean by this?

variety.com/2017/tv/news/bbc-netflix-troy-fall-of-a-city-1202646162/

Other urls found in this thread:

oyc.yale.edu/classics/clcv-205/lecture-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is honestly just racism... And this is coming from fairly brown person who would be very offended if they made a film about Incas and Aztecs and casting would include African or European people in main roles.

I'm usually all for diversity and stuff but this just seems like historical rewriting.

WE WUZ GREEKS

It means they want to destroy European people and we are going to have another world war soon.

WE

Might be something different.

why is this movie being made again

Reminder that Troy wasn't real and neither was Achilles. You're getting made that a fictional character from thousands of years ago is being portrayed by a black actor.

Blackwashing is a thing now apparently. I can't wait for a Lewis and Clark film where Lewis and Clark are quipping black guys.

WUZ

what would happen if a white was cast as MLK in a new biopic?

>What did they mean by this?

It means they want to destroy Europeans sense of their history and culture, and recast their important historical figures as non-whites to try and break their connection to the past.

>Troy wasn't real

>american education

The Illiad is one of the most important works of western literature. This is an attack on white culture.

Can you homeschooled Ameritrumps understand that myths are re-imagined by successive generations?

>Lewis and Clark
They're historical figures, user. Achilles is a mythical figure. Do you understand the difference?

It was a matter of time.
Reminder that Obama wasn't real it was just a black myth derived from Africa to give niggers all over America some hope.
THE most important work.

>you're a retard that's what's about it
triggered nigger detected

What the fuck am I reading? Surely even Americans can not be this dumb.

Why do I feel that this is going to end in a school shooting?

how was it important to the story which color achilles had? why are you even mad? do you have greek heritage? Why would that even matter? there was probably some muhr that fucked someone in you linage anyway...
btfo pseud patriotic racist

A Greek historical figure.

How is it racist for white people to have any sense of cultural self-interest, you fucking retard?

progressive as fuck

>pseudo patriotic racist
And they say reddit is just a bogeyman.

>myth has never been adapted faithfully yet
>get a re-imagination treatment
It is.
Achilles is one of the quintessential role models of the western civilization.

>how was it important to the story which color achilles had?
I don't know. Why is the BBC going out of their way to hire non-white people?

I wonder how long do we have to wait for first re-imagination of "12 Years of Slave" that has main cast as white people. Yeah there probably won't one.

so there was no black greeks?!

So you and others would be fine if a white actor played Blade as an example? Or would people scream whitewashing?

This is clear blackwashing, you can't deny that.

Does this go for every culture or only western culture? Can you replace someone in a chinese legend with an arab? Or an african legend with a white man? Remember, if you're pro-equality you are not allowed to hold one culture to other standards, to do so would literally be racist. And to deny one culture is to deny all or none at all since there literally is no logical argument for why western culture can be appropriated by others while all others cannot.

because first you said western culture, then you said white culture. your agenda is about nothing but clarifying that you are white and someone wants to take something from you that you think is "white" culture.

Black Jesus Crucifixion movie when?

Can you even imagine the out cry if they made a movie that had white Zulus.

GET A GRIP!

I'm all for diversity but I'm not OK with historical rewriting of other people's history. That's just racist and very disrespecting.

You stupid progressive kikes and alt right niggers are such retards
Achilles was probably greek therefore he shoudl be protrayed as such and not a nigger
nothing else political beyond that
fuck you shits are dumb

>Can you replace someone in a chinese legend with an arab?
Aladdin is set in China

Lad, western culture is white culture. What are you denying, the existence of fucking Europe?

So what? Black people have been obsessively frothing over preserving and expanding the domain of 'black culture' for fucking decades now, and the left has been actively encouraging them.

You just want to live in a world where idpol is for everyone but white men forever, and you will eternally call them racist for playing by the same rules as everyone else. Eat shit.

Not him but could you tell me what culture Greek culture is then if not "white" or Western culture? Because Greek culture officially is the starting point Western and European culture.

So asian culture is not asian? And who else but whites can claim direct descent from Greek philosophers and the Roman Empire? Bedouins? Please.

/thread

white can mostly play other whites interchangeably without nitpicking. even someone like raimi malek can play a swarthier white person and i wouldn't complain about it, but casting stupid niggers as any type of european is crossing the line.

>Western literature

How is Greece west? It's one of the most eastern countries in Europe.

West cucks need to leave their filthy savage hands from the glorious Orthodox lands.

Go read Goethe inbreeds

>american education
at least you know that greece is a country

correct

European literature then.

Imagine being black and having to steal other people's culture and heritage because your race never built any great civilization and accomplished nothing that stands out since the dawn of time

If there ever was black Greeks or Romans they were only slave owners and oppressors of ethnic Native-European people.

>American

Nope.

If Greece is western than why the fuck isn't it catholic? Cause they ain't degenerate celts

>How is Greece west?
Are you for real? Culturally the most western countries are Greece and Italy.

>if Greece is western than why the fuck isn't it catholic
lel, what the fuck. go back to your reddit

Western culture refers to Europe and North America in general you pedantic bitch. The same way all of Asia is considered 'eastern'.

>celts
>anything but smelly protestants

I'd feel pretty pathetic knowing that I’m being shoehorned into everything to massage someone else's ego, and that I have no agency or authority of my own.

So now you're saying that Greeks are not ethnically European people but Africans?

youre complicating the matter and its no simpler than the post you're responding to jesus christ

Imagine being white and trying to live by a colorblind, individualistic ethic no matter how obvious it has become that absolutely no cultural power is gained via that mindset.

WE WUZ GREEK MYFFOLOGY

so the son of a fictional creature of a water nymph has to be white why again?
my point is nowadays 90% of roles are played by whites, gods of egypt for example...
every single egyptian is played by a white dude. why not let other colored people play fictional "white roles" so the industry gets less white dominated. it's not like they are spitting on your precious western heritage.

>please white people, let everyone have a raging idpol hard-on about their demographic self-interest but you
lol

Egyptians were white dude, why shouldn't whites play them?

iliad troy is clearly mythical and the characters are archetypes.
not gonna say its false because its basically a story with moral underpinnings. its like calling star wars false.

The Illiad isn't history.

>every single egyptian is played by a white dude
>two wrongs make a right

t. brainlet

>Europeans
>Fighting

Sorry, your population is going to be mainly old-as-shit in the next twenty years, your few children with be massively outnumbered and too busy trying to support twenty elderly whites each to cause trouble.

Homer wasn't writing about niggers, you fucking tard.

The point is that black people started this whole "white washing" out cry with movies like Gods of Egypt (which btw I agree 100% should have been Egyptian casting). But now this fits them well when a character written by Ethnic-European into Ethnic-European is played by African.

It seems like the highest form on hypocricy. African people are not ethnically European or Native-European. African people are not ethnically Greek or Native-Greeks.

>aztecs
>brown
But they were Korean immigrants. How could they be brown?

Yes it fucking was you dumb nigger.

western culture is white culture you absolute fucking retard

this
>average peruANO looks like this

>One of the gods pops up every other verse
>History

Oh, well by all means let's change everything. Beowulf? Nigger-saxon. Romeo and Juliet? More like Niggero and Niggrette. Oberon and Titania? A couple of fairy fucking spooks if you ask me.

Greek here, don't give a shit about this

I've given up hope on snowniggers long ago, they are beyond salvation and deserve to get raped by mohammeds and tyrones.

It's a mix of history and mythology, and it's the defining classic work of western, white culture. Fucking deal with it.

>Cast blonde amerifat to play a brown skinned, brown haired, brown eyed Greek
>*crickets*
>Cast brown bongistani to play a brown skinned, brown haired, brown eyed Greek
>/tvpol/ loses it's collective shit

You realise you're using the exact same arguments as tumblrites who are triggered Matt Damon was on the Great Wall of China fighting ayy lmaos right?

I just want to check you grasp that and are being ironic, because otherwise I'd have to laugh at how pathetically self-absorbed you are.

>Cause they ain't degenerate celts
Right. They're Turks.

Sure is strange how there aren't any Africian epics they could star in, probably because they were all sitting in huts with flies crawling over them, just like they are thousands of years later

But lets cast them in European historical dramas so hopefully the plebs will conveniently forget that blacks haven't accomplished anything, ever, besides being colonized and getting state welfare.

Reminder that modern 'Greeks' are actually just the hybrid slave-offspring of the actual Greeks and the Turk masters who owned them for centuries, not actual descendants of the culture who gave us Homer.

>people play fictional "white roles" so the industry gets less white dominated.

Or, how about they create their own film industry? You know, just how India did.

But that would require niggers to actually do something besides leech off the white man with affirmative action.

>Achilles
>role model
In what fucking way?

Because white people with brown hair and white people with blonde hair are both considered 'white' by modern idpol and lumped into the same category of privilege.

>Troy wasn't real

>Achilles is one of the quintessential role models of the western civilization.

A violent egomaniac, made invincible by magic who uses this unfair advantage to kill an actual hero (Hector) and who has no loyalty to anything except his own legend, sitting out the entire Trojan War until his homo fuckbuddy takes a spear to the face?

>how is a hero a role model

>You realise you're using the exact same arguments as tumblrites who are triggered Matt Damon was on the Great Wall of China fighting ayy lmaos right?
SJWs have massive amounts of cultural power in America, my man, and they're only gaining more every year. White people could learn a lesson or two from them if they want to have any cultural influence that matters in 20 years.

>because otherwise I'd have to laugh at how pathetically self-absorbed you are.
How exactly does a desire to see historical figures, or in this case cultural icons/stories (and the figures contained therein), remain in the same vein as they were created, render as self-absorption? I'm against all miscasting, regardless of whom the culture belongs to, in this case Greeks.

>same arguments as tumblrites who are triggered Matt Damon was on the Great Wall of China fighting ayy lmaos right?
Never seen it. Sound like a horrible movie. I'd probably agree with them. Doesn't bother me in the slightest if someone is from tumblr granted they're correct, so if you think a connection is going to dissuade me from my opinion you can kindly go fuck yourself.

the chinese wouldn't want a darkie in their movie either

Pretty sure that movie was largely funded by the Chinese.

Wanting more black people in tv and film is inherently racist. It means that you are judging and approving or disapproving of actors based on the colour of their skin. Usually this is framed by black people in terms of “representation” which is also racist as it implies you do not feel represented by someone with a different skin colour to yourself.

The truly anti-racist approach is to not care at all about an actors skin colour, but instead you actively think it’s a good thing to have more people of one skin colour and less of another.

Fuck I've never been more pissed at this site as I am now. You 'people' are so fucking dumb. I am literally seething. Whose fault is it that people are so mindnumbingly retarded, Americans?
For those of you who have high enough IQ to understand history, watch this oyc.yale.edu/classics/clcv-205/lecture-3

Except whites have always been smarter.

Does anyone care about Bollywood being Indian dominated? Does anyone care about Nigerian cinema being black dominated?

No. But somehow in places like the UK where black people are 3% of the population everyone is screaming for them to have about 50% of roles

I fucking hate these jew cunts, why do they have to ruin everything

If someone tried claiming that casting Matt Damon instead of a Chinese person (wasn't he actually playing a foreigner in that?) was progrssive and that Chinese movies needed more white people then those arguments might've made more sense. If they just happened to find a black person by accident then i wouldn't really care, but the BBC is going out of its way to hire non-white actors.

Achilles is the archetype of European masculinity, the alpha male incarnate. I'm so fucking mad, the Sup Forums retards were fucking RIGHT.