Those firey biscuits

poot them away!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XBG8XpjixUg
youtube.com/watch?v=pScfIV3RyKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm sorry your boosh thread didn't take off, user.

milky joe is the best episode prove me wrong

What was his name again?

Rudy Van Disarzio
youtu.be/XBG8XpjixUg

i miss the mighty boosh

I didn't think of anything clever to post.

Interesting fact time:

The Mighty Boosh always has a song in it because;
>the BBC funds tv programmes
>set funding per show, per episode
>"drama" gets highest per-episode funding
>comedy (sitcoms) gets the lowest
That's why all brit sitcoms look cheap
it's because they are, by design.

So why does The Mighty Boosh have songs?

>if you include musical numbers in your episodes it is considered a "variety show"
>not comedy, so gets extra funding.

Fact no2:
>The Mighty Boosh is named because of Noel Fielding's (Vince Noir) real life brother's (Naboo in the show) hairdo. He had a massive afro as a kid. A "mighty bush" or "boosh" on his head.

Seriously.

Also:
>pic related
The "ACTING!!" episode featuring Jurgen Haabermaaster is pure kino.

Tundra is my favorite

>>if you include musical numbers in your episodes it is considered a "variety show"

Interesting

Why didn't Nathan Barley (Mighty Boosh 2) take off?

It's a throwback to the early days when we had only three tv channels and would end at around 11pm. So programmes would try to feature a "variety" of different things in them at once. Music, standup, sketches, panel game show, guest interview segment etc. All in one programme.

I suppose the nearest modern day corollary is something like the Ellen or Oprah show? I'm not too sure as I don't watch them hat much.

It was too fucking real, and it really did piss people off.

I'm a designer and work with so many Nathan Barleys its unreal, and they all hate the show. My printer always talks about the 'Barleys' causing him grief. Saying that, I'm probably a Dan Ashcroft, someone who hates these faggots but can never eacape their world because it's all I can do.

oriental prince in the land of soup

I think it was genuinely just a bit too ahead of it's time, these cunts hadn't become quite as widespread outside of places like london.

if it came out just a few years later more people would have identified with it.

Could this show be made now?

Too specific and real. Unless you’ve worked at a London ad company or media startup at some point in the 2000’s, 90% of it will go zipping over your head.

Because it seeped into reality instead

>Online """celebrities""" and YouTube pranksters
>Social media cancer
>SJWs
>Wankers taking over the Internet

Honestly, Nathan Barley is the most prescient sitcom ever

>It was the role of a crab. Admittedly he had a physical advantage

youtube.com/watch?v=pScfIV3RyKs
>the BBC was broadcasting blackface as late as 2010
Does anyone else find this strange? I don't have a problem with them doing it, I just find it baffling that anyone in production thought they could get away with it, and then somehow they did.

Anything with Dixon Bainbridge is great

Dan Ashcroft is too relatable as a man who hates the shit around him but is too shit to escape it

That's a funny way of spelling 'Eels'

>2004
classic times, crazy days

I thought shows like this were the norm back then, I also thought mobile phones and internet were new edgy things

jj

probably, but it would be too crazy or too tame. I don't think they could get away with the sweet spot they had at the time.
also, no real minorities so probably not.

This is the same reason The Young Ones had music.

Sure it could. It would definitely be hated here and called random etc.

DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY CALL ME SPIDER DIJON?!

>This is what Dan Ashcroft's actually believe
You're as mediocre as the rest of us.

Noel Fielding's Luxary Comedy
Did we like it? I thought it was comfy

People like you would die starving in the gutter if you didn't find the Dan Ashcrofts of this world to abuse for profit. Just pray the rest of them don't wake up and stop enabling your ilk.

It was OK.

Blackface is a big deal because of the culture behind it in the US. Outside of the US its not the same.