We never see their ____ joke

>We never see their ____ joke

Does anyone here like this joke? It was pretty popular in the late 90's but seems to have fallen out of most cartoons now-a-days. Even Loud House revealed the parents after season 1.

I always hated it as a kid. Never being able to learn what a character fully looked like bothered me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9QJug7MlDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To be fair, Mom and Dad in Cow & Chicken were literally just legs.

It's not that that their ____________ is hidden, it's simply a part of their character.

It's not a joke in most cases, but rather a matter of character design or writing. Wizard Kelly never shows his face because it would take away from the fact that he's literally Magic Johnson. Sheldon is a walking egg because it's easy to draw, distinct and conveys the idea of youth and undecided form. Me. Vellum is faceless because men don't pay attention to that and she isn't acknowledged for her efforts by most people (similarly, the Mayor is almost entirely head and doesn't have a proper name because he's a figurehead).

TL;DR, if you thought this shit was just because "haha it's FUNNY," you're a numbskull.

This.
It was shown that they're just legs. And for PPG wasn't she just hair?

>wasn't she just hair?
nope
freezeframe in the episode 'powerpuff girls rule'

Sometimes it bugs me, sometimes it doesn't. It depends on the execution.
Double Dee's hat I found funny, since there IS a legit sense of mystery regarding just what the fuck he's so embarrassed about that he needs to hide it under there at all costs. It's fun to imagine the crazy shit it could be.

I think when it's stuff like blocking out the face for no real discernible reason or joke, then it's pretty irritating. Like with Miss bellum, I know why we never see her face, the reasoning makes sense and I can buy that.

Not only that, but they did parody it with Sheldon hatching into another egg, and they have shown Wizard Kelly's mouth and nose at some points.

It's all about how you execute it.

holy shit! she has a face.

now cerebellum in- joke is ruined.

Hidey ho, neighbor

Who is that in the Bottom Middle?

Also if I remember correctly, I think the reason Danny didn't show what was under Edd's Hat was because he couldn't think of anything that would exceed people's expectations.

Though I still personally think he's got a scar or a bruise of some kind under there...

Wizard Kelly always made me kek.

I really never understood it, but sometimes I can appreciate when a show is creative with the gag.

Apparently the Russian chick is just extremely ugly. Another good example would be Nergal jr. Who is so horrifying in his true state that we only ever see tentacles

>The Loud House

I never understood why they bothered hiding their face for a season just to keep it uncovered throughout the second season.

>tfw so beautiful they never show your face

Venture Bros, she's in the Gargantua 1 episode

The Venture Bros Cosmonaut was strange because there was no joke about her not showing hr face.

Also don't forget...
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9QJug7MlDk

They probably just wanted to try it out

I like your way of thinking

Their original point was to force the parents to be less than characters since you already had so many main characters to focus on to begin with.

Removing the faces of the parents reduce them to props, allowing all the side characters to have much more focus.

It's just because she's supposed to be ugly enough to be un-fuckable it's easier to leave it up to imagination because as any true comics fan knows anything is fuckable

I always imagined he just had a really dumb haircut.

So I guess by going off of what you're saying, the reason we don't see this sort of thing in cartoons anymore is because modern cartoons are much more literal and blatant today, rather than when some amount of literary craft went into writing them

Which is weird because they still managed to be pretty entertaining before the face reveal.

>We never see their feet

Not funny at all. Sad

Both Ed and Eddy were really freaked out by it tho.

Ed even asked if it "Hurt".

If it were just a dumb haircut Eddy would've most likely laughed at Edd.

Whatever you say, Mr. Humorless user.

This reminds me of what Kids Next Door did. All the main characters parents would have their faces hidden, and over the course of the show they'd gradually reveal each one of them.
I never got the point of that.

Double D having his sock is probably him wanting to look more normal despite the other Eds also having like, 3~8 big hairs on their head. It's kinda subtle how he matches them in that regard.
Brown haired girl i only remember was from Venture Bros., but she was probably a gag on these kinds of characters while also being the one that was drop dead sexy. Or maybe she was ugly, I don't remember.

>>We never see their ____ joke
i love these

Maybe it was because they started to become more important (or at least Nige's Dad did) so they decided to give 'em a real face.

blasphemy
what is this from

A game on the cartoon network website but I dont know if it's still there

It's not that big of a deal

Wasn't there an episode where Cow and/or Chicken found the top half of their parents in a closet?

It's from a game called Lunchroom Rumble and it's still available to play.

This makes me angrier than it should.