David Ayer Praises Highly Negative Bright Review

>Director David Ayer has praised a negative Bright review that called his $90 million Netflix cops-and-orcs fantasy “the worst movie of 2017.” Early reviews of Bright have indeed been largely negative, with most critics citing the dialogue and story as the major issues. The movie currently sits at 32% on Rotten Tomatoes.

>he movie gained further credibility when Netflix hired Suicide Squad director David Ayer to helm. Ayer’s background on gritty crime dramas like End of Watch and Street Kings seemingly would come in handy in realizing the movie’s genre-bending world. Set in an alternate present LA, the film imagines humans living side-by-side with orcs, fairies, elves, and other fantasy races. The story follows cops Will Smith and Joel Edgerton, the latter an orc, as they become reluctant partners. In true tentpole fashion, the new buddy-cops soon find themselves saving earth from villains armed with a magic object.

Fucking damage control

What happened to Ayer?

>Critics HATED it.
That's often a good sign.

>f*cking epic

When the fuck is this shit going up on primewire???

Can we really take critics seriously after they gave TLJ glowing praises?

Been really looking forward to Bright. It looks Shadowruny, and until Harebrained gets to making more, I could use a fix.

>Caring what an autistic letterboxd critic thinks.

BRIGHT is a RAUNCHY and pants-pissing romp of family fun! #LITTY

Ayer is like that. When SUICIDE SQUAD got shit reviews he spent an entire week tweeting Bible verses about judgment and shit.

>here is a shit I took on the plate
>oh you don't like my food?
>*smug sarcasm* "Oh I'd just LOVE to eat some food you cooked"
>the scent of my own shit wafts up into my nasal cavities

>been looking forward to
you didn't need to finish that sentence for me to know EXACTLY what site you are from nigger.

What a bitch. Why respond in such a childish manner to criticism?

bro he's an ARTIST okay? you just wouldn't understand.

>I'd love to read any script you've written
You don't need to have written a script or made a movie to know when you're watching a shitty one. What a passive aggressive asshole.

They shouldn't have cast will smith. I would watch it if they'd cast anyone else but him.

this is what butthurt looks like

This movie is for the FANS not the CRITICS

>Max Landis writes it
>Ayer does a rewrite and makes it worse

how can such a thing happen

>cops-and-orcs fantasy

Blade Runner got positive reviews and Baywatch got negative reviews

yeah wow how can something from the mind that brought you sum finna soosai swad make something bad

Well it's worked for Disney with TLJ...

>What happened to Ayer?
Well, let's start at the top. They hired the guy who made Suicide Squad to make another movie. For some reason.

you can just ignore anyone who saysthey are cheeto dust covered manchild.

one of my favourite non-arguments desu

> defending critics
Settle down, Virgin. The game’s up at this point

End of Watch and Training Day (he only did the screenplay) are great cop movies.

And blade runner was boring as shit. Was that your point? That you like bad movies?

>white knighting movie critics
Whew. That's a special breed of autism you've got there.

Baywatch was a a fun, raunchy, litty comedy of summer 2017. It was for FANS only, not critics.

>fun

>The movie gained further credibility when Netflix hired Suicide Squad director David Ayer to helm.
Why would anything ever gain credibility by incorporating a piece of Suicide Squad?

>A $90 million blockbuster that boasts all the production value of an episode of “Charmed,” Netflix’s first mega-budget film effort starts with a potentially compelling premise that never gets off the ground.
>The elevator pitch is easy enough to understand, even if it requires some further explanation: “Bright” is essentially “Training Day” meets “The Lord of the Rings,” but much dumber than that sounds.
>Imagine, if you will, that the war for Middle Earth was a seismic event on our timeline, and that all of the various fantasy creatures who participated in the fight simply went their separate ways once it was over.

time to say nay to the ayer

He's got a point, who appointed these self proclaimed Gatekeepers of the industry?

They also always more times than not argue for bigger government so let's regulate them

What a fuckin bitch, he'd love to read any scripts he's written? What a fucking bitch way to discredit an opinion. What does an audience's ability have to do with the validity of their opinion?
I hate these little pricks that carry on like that. Matthew Vaughn does it too, little bitch boy.

>Can we really take critics seriously after they gave TLJ glowing praises?
Nope. Never trust critics. Alway torrent a movie before buying it on blueray or seeing it on theater.

Will I need my piss pants for this one?

>Critcs are allowed to shit on a movie and put peoples careers at risk

>Soon as the public does it to a company that can affect a critics career they shit themselves and start telling the public they are wrong and have had their brains hacked by the alt-right and Russia

Man fuck ''Professional Critics''

You could line them all up and shoot them and no one would miss their input life would go on.

>Man fuck ''Professional Critics''
This.I stopped trusting them a long time ago.

>four in top 12 made in the past three years or whatever
really got my noggin joggin

I'm not defending the critic, I'm saying Ayer is a bitch for saying 'well I'd like to see you do better' just cop it on the chin. Everyone outside the creative team is an audience member and all their opinions are equally valid.

This is the same reviewer who said TLJ was the best Star Wars movie

I never heard of this movie. Is this one of those *breathes in* movies or not?

>Imagine, if you will, that the war for Middle Earth was a seismic event on our timeline, and that all of the various fantasy creatures who participated in the fight simply went their separate ways once it was over.
Isn't that how Tokien wrote it? The Men grow powerful, the Dwarves die out, the Elves go away, and the Hobbits disappear. The Orcs, Goblins and whatnot died out too.

>This is the same reviewer who said TLJ was the best Star Wars movie
Really?

i liked all of Ayer's films (specifically the ones he wrote and directed). i even like Suicide Squad. i'm looking forward to seeing this movie tonight. the problem i see with this film is that it's going to pack way too much in a 2 hr run time. with all that's going on, it would've benefited from 3 movies or a mini-series.

I really wanted this to have been great as in not sequal but whole new series of the back of this pilot movie but fuck if the review's ain't half bad.
Could have been such Kino

And Baywatch was the top film of 2017. So what?

It's litty!

He is the passive aggressive soyboy

Mein neiger