How was Poe not considered the villain? he got more people than anyone else in this movie

How was Poe not considered the villain? he got more people than anyone else in this movie

Because he was acting rationally and would have been saving the day, had the movie not been actively trying to 'subvert' your concept of what works in Star Wars.

>We're getting creamed out there! We need to do something!
>Heh, Poe, you silly boy. I've got it all under control
>But-
>Shoo shoo little man.

>Because you're not doing anything to save us, I have to mutiny
>*shoots first*

>Jokes on you Poe, I had an extremely simple plan that could have easily been explained. I just didn't want to tell you.

He's not white so he can't be a villain.

He's an honorary white.

If Leia was in charge why did the bombers ignore her and follow Poe's orders?

Chain of command. That part actually makes sense. You don't have your general talking to your foot soldiers.

>Destroys starkiller base saving the galaxy
>Destroys dreadnought saving the rebel fleet
>Comes up with a plan when his leaders have none
>Is always in the front with his fellow partners and not hiding behind soldiers
>Villain
What?

No, he didn't. The ones that got 99% of the resistance killed were Finn and Rose, by bringing back the wrong hacker.

Seeing reddit try to defend that dumb mansplaining subplot is hilarious. "She didn't owe him an explanation!"

This, and his bomber attack is the only thing that allows this movie to continue beyond 30 minutes.

If she's not going to get on comms and say "don't do this" then she has no right to get pissy about the situation playing out as it did.

>purple hair bitch wouldn't just talk to him about her plan
>they're both responsible for getting almost everyone killed

really gets the coconuts clunkin

>High rank
>Not debrieffing her subordinates
In what fucking army? maybe one from the 3rd world

She was in the comms with Poe. That's how chain of command works.

He's a double agent.

Poe and Ben are literally the only characters in this movie that acted rationally. Finn/ Rose plotline was garbage, but at least they had a plan and thought it out. Although, if they could get a transmission out to Maz, why the fuck couldn't they just call for help?
Alls I can say about Ben is that him killing Snoke makes sense, and him opening up to Rey made sense, and being pissed off and in charge after he got rejected (kinda) makes sense. I mean, it's REALLY stretching the word, but I could see it happening. He was almost murdered by his Uncle so seeing him wanting him dead is alright and that anger is fueled by being rejected by his waifu

Dude has a penis, makes logical decisions, explains in vivid details what he/character he is interacting with to do, and can take care of himself which means he is part of that OT patriarchy which must be deconstructed and destroyed.

What is the chain of command structure that enumerates vital strategic maneuvering in order for tactical analysis/procedures to be employed in order to fulfill the expectations of the fucking strategy in the first place?

Also you let the other guy die for their beliefs.

>my extremely simple plan relying on escaping the safety of the cruiser, make everyone evacuate in the shuttles, and pray the FO won't notice what's going for the twenty minutes it will take us to reach Crait

Didn't they say shit about "Cloaking algorithms" or something?
It was only DJ that allowed them to see the transports

Some user pointed out how the whole subplot would make much more sense if a mole was giving away their location to the First Order.

yay for honorary whites!!! we have the best honorary whites!

they could have had it that she explained her plan, but her plan involved sacrificing all their support ships (which it did) and that's why Poe objects

>but her plan involved sacrificing all their support ships (which it did) and that's why Poe objects
Did it?
I thought her plan was to just fly past Crait then abandon ship under stealth.
The other two ships just fell behind because they didn't have as much fuel to make it like the big ship did

The first rule of leadership is that everything is your fault.

Anything Poe did was in direct response to Dr. Sattler's inability to explain a really simple plan.

Or lock him in the bridge for insubordination.

That is like saying Wile E. Coyote was a dumb dumb, because he did not catch Roadrunner. His plans were great, the universe simply conspired afainst him.

Poe got the most people killed (including a fuckton of First Order Nazis) because he is the only even mildly competent one in the whole movie. Apparently it was unknown that Rebel bombers weren't allowed to go over 30 mph.

It is called Star WARS for a reason, faggot.

>What is the chain of command structure that enumerates vital strategic maneuvering in order for tactical analysis/procedures to be employed in order to fulfill the expectations of the fucking strategy in the first place?
good god this is a word salad

to be totally fair Poe is a fucking retard who just got all their best pilots except for himself killed.
If it was up to me he'd be in the brig.

Poe was 100% in the wrong for disobeying a direct order from a superior officer. You LITERALLY cannot dispute this.

>one of the great themes of Star Wars is blind obedience to authority

That's not how the army works

>implying the resistance is an army
They're a volunteer force. They're barely even a milita.

Wish the movie could've done that without compromising Rey's character by forcing her to confide in a homicidal man-child who maimed her best friend..

military discipline is military discipline, militia or no

He's pale enough to be white, and that's all that matters when it comes to the "white race" when it includes subhumans like gyps, potatoes, whops, krauts, and kikes.

she didn't tell him because she thought there was a spy on board

A hero would have mutinied and then, later, faced the consequences of treason before a court and accepted the consequences of his actions.

no, she didn't. that's headcanon

it's possible, no?

Depends on the context.

too bad there's literally not enough people left in the Resistance to even make a court martial. Thanks, Poe.

>Alt right nazis btfo, the attacker was a minority!!
?????

the problem is the fact that the guy is fully indio and the black guy calls him ''white hispanic''

If the writers wanted that to be the case they should have said so. They didn't so most likely it wasn't actually the idea. Leia even says "she didn't want to look like a hero" or some shit. That is the motivation they give her not spies.

Poe didn’t act like an asshole hothead in TFA. Johnson just arbitrarily shit on Poe’s character to make some halfassed point about mansplaining.

>they start messing with Latinos
Wrong move, niggers, you don't want to piss them off

not everything needs to be said in a movie

Especially not important plot points and character motivations.