The Last Jedi broke Red Letter Media

The Last Jedi broke Red Letter Media.

Mike Stoklasa has become a parody of himself. He’s become the very same brand of person he openly mocked in his Avatar Plinkett review: a braindead viewer of corporate mediocrity.

A mediocrity that he’s now become acquainted with and feels awkward openly criticizing. He dances around The Last Jedi’s various flaws but never twists the knife as much as it should be twisted, the pinnacle of his “criticisms” being that the director used the wrong brand of Yoda. He gets the biggest pass out of the trio because it’s assumed he will delve deeper with his Plinkett reviews, the alter ego that peaked with the Indiana Jones video essay, and is now being used as a vehicle for petty frustrations rather than pointing out genuine narrative flaws.

Jay Bauman is a glorified blogger trying to solidify his position into what he believes is the right side of history. He doubles down on his approval of The Force Awakens. He dismisses the label of Mary Sue for Rey, despite the fact that our protagonist somehow gets the better of Snoke’s guards, despite the peak of her “training” by Luke being a meditation session—yet during the fight she doesn’t utilize the force at all but instead it all consists of pure combat, and combat, as we know, was not addressed during her glossed over “training” with Luke. Who knew fighting drunk thieves on Jakku with a staff could prepare you against blood-colored intergalactic knights?

Rich Evans is as passive as he’s ever been. He’s usually not afraid to delve into the misdeeds of a film but here he appears to be the most broken, his signature laugh now resembling a cry for help made by a broken man now disillusioned with the Hollywood he thought he knew. He regurgitates the same opinions made by his peers, his inner frustrations almost coming into life during various parts of the review but ultimately becoming diminished by his broken spirit.

This is the end for Red Letter Media.

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.com/news/surprise-surprise-alt-claims-credit-222815738.html
youtube.com/watch?v=R0QPCS4a84k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lensman_series
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Lens_(novel)
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513808274303.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shut the fuck up

>implying they were ever great
Go outside you dweeb

They were held back always by Rich and Jay. It should just be Mike calling the shots.

You cqn pin point the exact sentence they died

>a braindead viewer of corporate mediocrity.

That is what he always was. He mocked the SW prequels because they defied Hollywood and general blockbuster conventions. This guy is a moron.

I'll Miss Jay I Always Wanted To Lick His Toes

Reddit Letter Media is a fucking joke. Couldn't be happier their end is upon us!

I wonder if AIDSmoby will see this

>Meanwhile, Polygon and other sites have reported that the Rotten Tomatoes rating is being tanked by bots and/or organized attacks from the anonymous message board Sup Forums.

What?

yahoo.com/news/surprise-surprise-alt-claims-credit-222815738.html

They sold their credibility away for $10,000. Complete scumbags.

No, those reviews critiqued those films. The prequels were shit, faggot.

Source?

>using Yahoo as a source

No, they are not. His reviews are outright incompetent. People who actually understand kino like Camille Paglia, Richard Brody, Zizek always praise the prequels, while mediocre morons like Mike Stoklasa shit on them. Go watch the prequels, then go watch his stupid reviews, then go watch the NuTrilogy and tell me how is he actually in any way objective. That guy just hates Lucas and that's it.

We became the easy scapegoat, user.

RLM best of the worst series is the best source of comedy on the internet. Half in the Bag however.... I cant get myself to watch. I hate their numale opinions on numovies

AVGN is worse. Fuck james rolfe

You're pushing this pasta way too fucking hard

>tfw they all said the movie was a mess
>almost entire review is them pointing out flaws and saying how the future of SW isn't bright

How the fuck can anyone think they're pro-Disney or going too gently on it?

I wouldn't go this far, but their TLJ review was definitely their worst one yet, even factoring in how they had to rush it due to a mixup with the tickets. It's all messy and goes nowhere, just like the movie, and this could be brilliant meta-commentary if I believed for a second that they did it on purpose.

Why the fuck is everyone so butt-hurt over what these two think about a shitty movie made to sell toys to kids and neckbeards? Fucking man-babies. Grow the fuck up and quit watching some lame ass series about space apes and laser swords.

>Why the fuck is everyone so butt-hurt over what these two think about a shitty movie made to sell toys to kids and neckbeards?

Because they were the only reviewers I trusted and now I can't trust them either.

Or you could... you know... form your own opinion.

The best youtube review i have seen was done by a puppet

youtube.com/watch?v=R0QPCS4a84k

>Mike liked Jurassic World and Independence Day Insurrection
>Jay doesn't like Blade Runner

Come on man, they've had plenty of incorrect opinions.

Imagine RLM trying to wrap their heads around something like Hero.
>Uhh, why is everything the same color.
>They're flying in the air, that is so unrealistic.
>They're doing the same fights over and over again the plot isn't moving.
>Why is there politics in my popcorn action flick.
>WHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWH

>They were held back always by Rich and Jay. It should just be Mike calling the shots.
I unironically agree with this.

>>Jay defended Prometheus when it came out

WTF are you talking about, they thought the movie was shit.

Didn't he later say that he wouldn't defend it that much if he reviewed it now?

Guy is posting the same shit every 4 hours or so. Just go kill yourself.

Rey is the Star Wars equivalent of a third-stage Lensman. Kylo Ren is as well. Rey is Luke's daughter. This is why she already has amazing powers despite having little training. This is part of why Jedi were not supposed to have children. This will possibly be mentioned at some point.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lensman_series
>As the breeding program nears its conclusion, humans are selected as the best choice; at the same time, the breeding programs of the other three planets are terminated, and their penultimates never meet their planned mates. Kimball Kinnison meets and marries the product of the complementary human breeding program, Clarissa MacDougall. She is a beautiful, curvaceous, red-haired nurse, who eventually becomes the first human female to receive her own Lens. Their children, a boy and two pairs of fraternal twin sisters, grow up to be the five Children of the Lens. In their breeding, "almost every strain of weakness in humanity is finally removed." They are born already possessing the powers taught to second-stage Lensmen. They are the only beings of Civilization ever to see Arisia as it truly is and the only individuals developed over all the existence of billions of years able finally to penetrate the Eddorians' defense screens.

>They are born already possessing the powers taught to second-stage Lensmen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Lens_(novel)
>Here, battles between massive fleets and super-weapons no longer have the main role. The battles may be just as intense, but most are more low-key, with brains and subtle maneuvering being more important than who has the biggest fleets and most powerful weapons.

>giving a shit about youtube

you cant be fuckinng serious. why would you ever give a fuck what these bugmen fucks think? why would you actively listen to middle aged men complaining about shoddy toy advertisements on youtube? how did you sink so low?

Good analysis. RLM needs to be rebooted

We HackFraudMedia now

We need to get new actors for the roles of Mike, Jay and Rich and a new director.

He did in the Blade Runner Re:View, but still. It was obviously that movie was badly written, there was no need to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Seth Rogen should play Mike

I was willing to forgive that much but I can't forgive someone who refuses to admit that Rey is a blatant Mary Sue.

>idris elba to play mike
>kirsten wig to play jay
>sheboon from ghostbusters to play rich

Brilliant! That way everyone who doesn't like the change is racist AND sexist!

>because they defied Hollywood and general blockbuster conventions.
And also because, you know, they were poorly acted and directed and written and basically made no sense without supplementary material picking up the pieces

>Oy gevalt, don't you dare speak bad about Disney's soulless products again, that's antisemitic, you bastid! You don't want another TLJ do you, goy? It would be anuddah shoah!

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513808274303.webm

Why are you making threads and post your own pasta in every RLM thread? Why are you so obsessed with them you fucking autist? Do you actually think just because you say so it is the end for anyone or anything? Did one of those guys steal your gf or something? Grow the fuck up

Hi Jay

What if it's not one guy but 10

what an original response

>typing all of this out when Ben Solo says the opposite

Mike is just as shitty as those two. They're all hacks. Fuck them for even calling themselves hacks because whenever I do now it doesn't have the same impact. FUCK

It's nice to be able to see what others think.

They're never gonna call out any kind of agenda-pushing or genuine criticism of pro-feminism films when they've got parasites like faggotbeard and HIVMoby breathing down their necks, and they became much more prominent after PreRec and BotW started.

He did.

They all disliked TLJ though. They all said as much. What's wrong with you? Why are you mad that they didn't hate this as much as you do?

Jesus christ, I don't feel so bad that he has AIDS now.

Because they're too cowardly to come out and say it. Their cowardice makes me mad.

They did rip apart Fembusters though, they even made a separate bonus video just to shit on it even more.

I wonder what the fuck changed since then. That was only a year ago.

To say what?

jay is such a little bitch
>I clapped when i saw a yoda puppet

To say they disliked it. They complain about it for forty minutes and at the end it's just "ehh it's alright". What the fuck is that weak-ass timid shit? And why the fuck are they constantly undercutting their own points? "It's not a mess, it's messy." "I felt like I was being trolled... a little bit? Just a little bit?" What the hell is that except cowardice?

dude's too insecure to show his face? kek

I legit hate Jay now. The fucking Rey is not a Mary Sue segment, complete with the "internet guy" voice. Fuck that shitdick right in his bleeding vagina.

>"ehh it's alright"

They never said that, you fucking faggot.

Mike literally calls it "fucking awful" at one point.

that is true of all the "reviews" only literally whos went unfiltered, everyone else watched their words. They threw few token moments under the bus but were sure to suck the overall movies cock

trend victim imbecile

Sheep

Meanwhile Rotten Tomatoes themselves have said it's not the case and the reviews are genuine.

WAAAAAH THEY COMPLETELY TRASHED IT UNLIKE ALMOST ANY OTHER BIG MAINSTREAM YOUTUBE REVIEWER BUT IT'S NOT ENOUGH!!!!
THEY HAD TO PARROT MY EXACT SAME RETARDED NITPICKS AND TAKE THE BAIT ON THE SJW STUFF THAT WOULD'VE DISMISSED THEIR CRITICISM ENTIRELY!!!
WAAAAAAAAH THEY MOKED ME WITH A DUMB VOICE!!! THEY'RE DEAD TO ME NOW I SWEAR!!!

You're right, they said "it's complicated" which is just a faggier, more feminine way to say the same thing.

But not at the end where it counts.

>Source: single anonymous post on the internet

Sounds credible.

It's not.

prequels had lots of potential and a lot RLM complaints apply to OT

Prequels were complete and utter garbage movies and they trashed them for that.

retard

The prequels were good, not perfect, but good, and they are citizen kane to the sequels.

Jay is trying REALLY hard now to hide his gayness

Fucking this.

They even went so far as to say they none of them is sure he'll even watch episode IX when it comes out. Did they criticize some of the more extreme criticism for being not well-thought-out? Sure, and it's a valid point. There are enough reasons to be critical of the film without blowing stuff out of proportion to create additional reasons.

The prequels were mediocre, not good. They were Rocky IV.

TLJ is Rocky V.

they were horrible

Prequels are Rocky V. Sequels are Rocky Balboa/Creed.

What's that drawing from

Are you straight-faced suggesting that the prequels are anything other than complete dogshit? What the fuck is going on here?

I don't think he's gay, just a bit desperate to latch on to an internet snowball.

user, a lot of Sup Forumsirgin posters grew up with the shitty prequels, they still can't accept it...

>RLM trashes The Last Jedi
>says it's a messy film
>says Star Wars itself is creatively bankrupt
>says TLJ killed all interest in future movies
>autists on Sup Forums somehow interpret this as them defending the movie
Yes, Disney paid RLM to say that their movie is a generic, uninspired mess and they have no further interest in the franchise. 7D chess.

millennial with autism is whats going on here user.

while i agree with the post, he never said it was generic or uninspired.

Yaeah, he said it was bad.

didn't they wait half a year after it was out and everyone else had already shit on it? then they made there plinkett or whatever on it

They made an HITB episode about it when it came out an it was fucking brutal.
They also made a Scientist Man episode explaining how Sony manipulated retarded sjw to make shill their shitty movie.

>They threw few token moments under the bus but were sure to suck the overall movies cock
Yes that's why they called it messy and said it gave them no interest in watching the next one. That's why they said Star Wars is creatively bankrupt.

>someone PLEASE watch my video!
You're not as obnoxious as uridon but fuck off all the same.

stop shilling your videos you stupid bitch, not at all funny

childhood is idolising Mike adulthood is realising Jay makes more sense

UNTHUBSCRIBED

no they didnt say it, its a complicated messy film was their verdict but thats definitely not good

childhood is idolizing Rich and imaging it must be awesome to hang out with him.
adulthood is watching PreRec and realizing he's a whiny screaching manchild.