How do we stop diversity from ruining comics and cartoons?

How do we stop diversity from ruining comics and cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/titling-at-windmillls-259-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-marvel-comics-anyway/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The free market will fix it which is happening now.

We've had this thread a thousand times already newfag.

how come its been going on so long then?
repetition makes mastery

No. These threads always devolve into Sup Forumsniggers who have never picked up a comic in their life chiming in about how ((they)) are running the world.

It's simple. We kill the Bendis.

fight back against ignorance by getting informed then
since when does two wrongs make a good?

If it wasn't for diversity we would never have had Giant Sized X-Men.

Marvel needs good writers as much as Sup Forums needs good threads.

It's posts like this that got Trump Elected.

Bending like to introduce black characters, but he is one of the only writers who directly shit talk SJWs on the comics.

Literally drop the political backdrops and forced diversity and you're good.
DC did this and they're kingpinning the comic industry.

newfag here, let me see if I undertand the situation correctly

>The big Two (or at least Marvel) have really shitty business practices that are tanking sales.

>Instead of adressing those, they chose to do a diversity push because thats whats cool with the kids these days

>Didnt work becasue PR is no use if your have no idea what you are doing with your company, plus, shitting on whitey is not going to win that audience over

>Blame diversity

>The cool kids get mad

>Backpedal

>Ok we will keep going with the diversity stuff because we still dont know what we are doing

Essentially yes but that entire situation is because of one especially shitty writer

>diversity
nobody gives a fuck about diversity, is replacing heroes that works with the worst and more irrelevant version of them because they haven't the balls to reboot, wolverine hulk ms marvel etc... Nobody cares about diversity in the Xmen in the 70's and was the most popular comic from Marvel almost 30 years, also bad histories more focused in the politic point of view of the writer, like hur let's make fun of Trump and all the people with him, dur... is only backed by half of the USA. Don't think that they did that with Reagan back then

You didn't read the article. The guy in the interview is blaming the readers for not buying diversity characters comic books. Something like "the readers turned their noses away" or something like that.

>how come its been going on so long then?
Because there is only so much short term growth you can achieve through shock value which is all these race changes are.

Something else Giant Sized did right was that it was new. It built on an old property but was a new book.

X-Men as a franchise got good because Simonson and Claremont were given a decade to get it right and an important piece of that was they were also constantly experimenting. We need to find /ourguy/ and let them work for 10 years.

Convince comics that black people are annoying

nobody cared about public executions during the french revolution either, times change, new problems emerge

so it's just another "nevermind our shitty ethos and poor decisions, it's all the plebs' fault for not just giving us their money" capitalist bullshit excuse

cool, thanks guy

By having those diverse characters be new heroes like Kong Kenan and friends rather than just have them replace old heroes so you don't have to worry about your characterisation not being able to stand on its own two feet without a name attached like riri

>so it's just another "nevermind our shitty ethos and poor decisions, it's all the plebs' fault for not just giving us their money" capitalist bullshit excuse
you should read atlas shrugged because thats the entire plot of the book

>new problems emerge
so according to you is worst to put 20% of spics/moslems, that put a russian with the good guys in the middle of the cold war? ANd they have historically all the diversity thing, only that back then they didn't put that in all the titles, just look at new mutants, the real problem is that now the history is based in the diversity of the characters only wich is just retarded

Diversity, in and of itself, doesn't ruin comics and cartoons.

Eschewing good writing in exchange for diversity does, but there's no reason you can't both be a good writer and make diverse characters.

Kid, Trump got elected because people hated Clinton and he promised to bring jobs(for dying industries mind you) back. Not because he's "lel anti-SJW!"

The whole "diversity is ruining comics" is the most retarded meme and if you seriously believe this you should fuck off back to Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums or whichever shithole that you come from.

sorry but i dont understand a thing you just said
you may want to take a minute to organize your thoughts

Lmao faggot why would I waste my money on your cuck comics when readcomicsonline exists.

*SMACKS LIPS*

*SMACKS LIPS*

HERE COMES THE DIVERSITY!

*SMACKS LIPS*

*SMACKS LIPS*

YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE CULTURALLY ENRICHED!

>step 1 : create a character
>step 2 : make a wheel that has equal parts of the circle as all ethnic and racial groups in America
>step 3 : throw 2 dies ; if it's odds it's a guy if it's evens then it's a girl

how about it?

But Carol existed for a long time

>but there's no reason you can't both be a good writer and make diverse characters.
in the comic book industry those qualities usually contradict each other desu

This, Hillary is so hated that republicans could have run anyone against her and won. The fact that she got to try repeatedly to run for president even though she, until last year, never came close let alone the fact that she started all the obama is a Muslim shit back in 2008 speaks volume as to how much American politics isn't based on the people and rather the government themselves and who benifits them the most.

i dont think diversity ruins comics but the people who attempt to control it and demand diversity stick to their guidelines thus not being really diverse at all
a black hero that comes from the streets pickpoketing, stealing at stores and even robbing someone would be great to read, how does he handle having to fight people like him? puting them in jail?

Kid, he got elected by evangelicals and middle-class white people in the rust belt that were upset they couldn't say nigger in public anymore.

Motherfucker never name a site on this board. That's how they get taken down.

How is it a meme? The VP of Marvel is literally coming out saying that diversity comics aren't selling and they are losing money because of it. The numbers don't lie.

pic in the op is the higest degree of confirmation you can get, ceo of diversity comic - diversity ruined comics

SMBC already does this.

I think these threads could be a very good exercise for mods and user of the board. These threads always attracts Sup Forumsermins and Sup Forumstards and they make it pretty apparent that they are here to shitpost and don't actually read comics. Have this thread 3 times a week and ban the faggots that are crossboarding.

First is to recognize the difference between diversity, and 30 different comics of the exact same flavor of ultra liberal urban hipsters, with trivial nods to intersectionality.

Second is to remember that quality of art and story is a thing.

There's a little nuance here, in that they had minor success with new readers on one or two books, like ms marvel, and then showed the restraint of a sumo wrestler at a pizza buffet.

Kid, I use the word kid to imply your immaturity in order to get the point across that your opinion is shit

hillary wasnt a candidate for the people, she was a candidate for the elite.
All they had to do was put her in office, then its 8 years until anyone can even attempt to take her down

you should hurt yourself whenever you have an impure thought user, cleanising starts at home be a good christian

I've never been on Sup Forums since I've always heard that it's a trash board. Is it really Sup Forums levels of cancer or are they just racist like Sup Forums? In general what makes Sup Forums one of the worst boards on Sup Forums.

go back

And I used it to express the fact that you know jack shit about the election, kiddo.

Kid, I use the word kid to refer to young goats. Which are a favorite of Mark Millar to lick.

GG to every question. Granted, Sup Forums is coming close to that level of cancer judging by these threads.

Kid, this is the ONLY acceptable use of the word Kid.

you can click in the link and find out
the problem with Sup Forums is how popular it is and how many kids go there
not that co is any better right now

Hire better writers. Seriously it's not complicated. They can blame SJW bogeyman or reactionary neck beards as much as they like but nobody would care about their politics if they would just stop being shit.

You never actually read the interview, you just read the headlines because you are autistic like that.
Also don't be a fucking retard, diversity doesn't increase or decrease the quality of writing, writers do. You can have a well written diverse books that are better than cappily written white male featuring books. The second best capeshit of 2016 was built around the fucking themes of immigration (Vision), the 2nd best capeshit of Rebirth is about a diverse character in foreign land (New Super-Man). The book that Sup Forums memes about constantly (Flintstones) is about the liberal views. Then we have stuff like Doom Patrol or other books like it which are diverse yet great? See the point here? Of course you don't, because you are a retarded crossboarding shitposting faggot who doesn't actually read comics.

It's also one of the only 5 acceptable uses of Mark Millar.

Interesting. I thought the Tumblrs and Leftists would be buying up the "diverse" Marvel comics.
What gives?

>Hire better writers
were do you find better writers? how do you judge the writers writing before the comic is done?
how do people even learn writing for comics?

Stop giving executives editorial control.

Bring in trained editors, make all comics and cartoons have a writing team headed by an editor NOT a lead writer with authorial control, dont take a kneejerk reaction either for or against diversity.

If individuals of a certain group are already buying comics, consider developing comics targeted for that specific group.

If you wish to expand your audience to certain groups, consider first removing certain things toxic to that groups interest from specific titles and bringing in new secondary characters designed to appeal to that group.

Do not include certain things or themes toxic to the interest of your core audience as primary characters or shown as the only morally correct path.

Allow writers and artists to experiment outside of core titles with short runs and one offs featuring new characters and "What If?"s.

but diversity for the sake of diversity is bad writing

There are fewer threads about discussing games than there are posting articles or Twitter screenshot that have something to say about diversity in games or criticizing the fanbases. People circle jerk about how these things are ruining the gaming and there's always odd over the top bait reply that are there to get maximum (You)s.

I'd love to slap your fucking face you racist intolerant cunt. Pathetic backward hillbilly retards bitching about diversity. One of the grossest things I can think of. Do the world a favor and stay in whatever cigarette smelling, shitstained shack you live in. You are irrelevant and no one wants you on this earth anymore you pathetic close minded dullard. I'd fucking punch your teeth down your throat if you were in front of me.. But you probably don't have many. Fucking rube

they dont buy comics or videogames, hell apparently they dont even go to the movies
they just want to rule over how everyone else gets to enjoy those things they find out about by poorly written blog articles by unpaid jou-jou-opininon people who survive off patreon

>Bring in trained editors
>implying a company would hire a single person more than the absolute min. to get the product out
Muh bottom line! Muh profits!

you sound like my father...

Does it really matter to you that the protagonist of the book you're reading is white or other race? Maybe if you are a characterfag. For all I know they can make literally 90% of the books about diverse characters and if they're of quality like New Super-Man, see if I give a fuck.

I know you absolute retards don't get out much, and this redneck thinking idiot Sup Forums audience acts as an echo chamber of un-evolved and hateful rhetoric.. But if you actually believe this, you are BEYOND fucking misinformed..you are dangerously ignorant. I'd erase hillbilly morons like you from the earth if I had that power. You are a small, worthless person who doesn't understand shit about the big bad world around him. Stay in the basement retard, this world just isn't for you.

...Luke?

>Tumblrs and Leftists
>buying comics

thats a question i cant answer wthout propper conext
does it bother me to have keptchup on my breakfast? if its cereal yes if im having bacon and eggs not so much

It's called image comics.

As a fairly decent character before they switched her up and made her Carl Manvers

comicsbeat.com/titling-at-windmillls-259-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-marvel-comics-anyway/

Here's an insightful article by a comic shop owner that makes the point that diversity isn't the cause of Marvel's shitty sales, rather the lack of insight that Marvel has about how the market works is the cause. Read it.

>lukes mom was never a part of the original trilogy and she is barely even mentioned even tho 3 out of the 4 central characters are her family
>starwars was a disney film all along

Well, they're "diverse" enough for them

Name one thing in the previous user's statement that was wrong. Trump promised impossibilities to people so desperate to cling to dying industries they ignored candidates like Bernie who wanted to make programs to retrain them in more modern industries.

Christ calm down. No need to get all excited about. it. Sorry I didn't realize you were more of an expert than the fucking VP of Marvel.

I mean look my dear user, would you be willing to buy/read Riri Williams or Samcap or Whor if it was a well written book by an author you like or don't despise or would you buy/read garbage or a mediocre book if it was written by a shit writer you despise/writer you feel apathetic towards but it featured your favorite character? The answer is very much in the binary.

bernies proposal was ten times more impossible than anything trump ever said
Did you even listen to him speak once? his answer to everything was we will come up with a solution when we are in power

>The answer is very much in the binary.
>binary
triggered

With the amount of crossposting shitposters we've been having, I can't tell whether this is a serious post or not.

Marvel has several problems and instead of looking inside and figuring everything out and fixing the prolems they blame anyone and everyone else

>VP of Marvel
>expert on anything
>Marvel
>knowing what they are doing or should do

Remember when they tried going after the metalheads and the metalheads just laughed at them because their business actually understands it's target audience?

If the reaction pics used are of IRL people and uses buzzwords frequent in typical Sup Forums speak, the answer is they're crossboarders.

im a heck of a lot more loyal to the actual people who make the things i like than the company producing them or the fictional character.
Regardless non of them are beyond making mistakes so my answer would be as long as its good i dont care
Problem being its not good, its not good at all, i dont see how it would be better by being about a black female character either and diversity means jack shit when you diverse character fits in a decades old mold

exactly. They introduced NEW characters, no legacy bullshit. Canadian runt, Indian, Russkie, Negress, Jap, German demon.

They didn't turn Bobby black, genderbend Warren into a chick, replace Hank with a muslim or turn Jean into a tranny.

Same as how we fix any other industry: Kill the greedy, rich asshats running it.

how many industries has that fixed yet?

>more impossible
>his answer to everything was we will come up with a solution when we are in power
So basically Republicans on healthcare? Yet I don't see you upset about that.

We haven't even started yet, but I am confident it will work.

Alcoa, their shift from focusing on profits to focusing the safety of their employees actually turned them from a company that was hemorrhaging money and made it profitable again due to the guidance of Paul H. O'Neill

do we appropiate the means of comic production for the hard working readers who break their backs going through decades of lore after?

Nobody is going to argue, quality is quality. But if you understand this logic, the whole "diversity is bad" meme becomes redundant.
Honestly though, you can just never tell if the book is going to be good or not even if your favorite writer is writing it. Writers in today's industry are inconsistent as fuck. You can't expect your favorite writer to have the winning streak of 80s Moore/Miller. They're going to fuck up.

yes?

>shift from focusing on profits to focusing the safety of their employees
That's pure Communism, like.

but who was kill?

Some employees, but who cares about working class scum? I mean, not even Drumpf does.

Just don't buy it. It's been working so far...

I'm sure his younger followers are old timey coal workers who want their jobs they had back when they were too young to work.

It's too late to get rid of the disease. The doctors don't have the stomach for it. Just treat the symptoms and let the societal entire fester like people do IRL.