youtube.com/watch?v=1z4xrs0ypaQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRm0WssOE
youtube.com/watch?v=sIquXi5ahRM
youtube.com/watch?v=X69NCLxwLEY
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Glove_of_Darth_Vader
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PEE PEE POO POO

Fancervice or not, the scene is well built and convey very well the overwhelming strenght of the empire, the desperation/heroism of the rebels and the ruthlessness of Vader, of what he has become.
Sound and light are well used, too. Is a great scene.

No, I didn't. This isn't Star Wars. Star Wars was something that happened in the late 70s/early 80's. Everything else is just cash grabbing dog shit.

Ruthless Darth Vader scene was the only thing that saved that movie from "mediocre" to "okay"

No, I pissed my pants twenty minutes before I arrived at the theatre. When I saw this, I shit myself with so much force I blew a hole in my seat.

Why didn't he pull the ship back if the force is oh so mighty.

Reminded me of the good parts of the old EU

Best part.

It wasn't piss, user.

Man this movie was not great and it was chocked full of fan service but I still fucking loved watching it at the time

Why didn't they just hyperspace-ram?

I didn't see it in the theatre, I didn't even watch the movie.

literally me

youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRm0WssOE

Remember that scene where the battle droids/darth maul/count dooku/general grievous did something like this in the prequels and it established in your mind that "woah, they aren't just expecting me to be scared because he's the antagonist, he actually does things that qualify him as a threat!"

WE DALL PEE OR PANTS HAHAHA

>Fancervice or not, the scene is well built and convey very well the overwhelming strenght of the empire, the desperation/heroism of the rebels and the ruthlessness of Vader, of what he has become.
>Sound and light are well used, too. Is a great scene.
It's simply called "fanservice done right".

The whole scene is great. I really like the part with Vader watching the ship escaping.

Rogue One actually felt like a Star Wars film. However cliched action film it got, it wasn't setting out to fuck shit up just because it wants to be edgy and subversive. Most of it was bad and poorly paced, but not the third act.

youtube.com/watch?v=sIquXi5ahRM

>in the theatre

why didn't the rebels hyperspace a ship into the planet shield generator?

>he thinks I payed to see this crap

Best scene in the movie. Why can't Kylo do anything half as cool? It made sense when Snoke was the main villain, but now Kylo just looks like a cuck.

>RLM shits on this because they can't stop drowning in cynicism
>tries so hard to not call TLJ shit that they basically suffer mental breakdowns

>tfw you thought R1's climax was the crew being chased by Vader, but get this scene instead.

I liked it but that "don't choke on your aspirations" line should have been cut

a single saber throw and it was done with the rebellion

I nearly PISSED my pants in the theater when this soon-to-be classic scene popped up and played on the Silver Screen. I ain't afraid of a lil' raunchy intergalactic romp like this. But hey, don't take it from me, I'm just some dude who loves to get a bit LITTY when I'm not crushin' ye olde bench press. See it for yourself! You're gonna love it, I guarantee it.

Nah. I saw posts on Sup Forums raving about it and expected too much from it.

Compared to the new trilogy, Rogue One is a competent film. It needed less planet jumping, an opening crawl, and a main lead who could have given a bit more of a shit.

No I'm not a manchild obsessed by Saturday morning cartoon villains

>Reddit Letter Media
Cringe

I got a legit boner

but you are a faggot

I unironically liked this movie. It did feel like a SW movie. I like the way nobody survives it. I liked Darth's monster appearance. The space battle felt right, except maybe for the "ram it!" thing. I did good trying to explore the dark side of the rebellion too.
It's a solid 7/10

I hated it. And I hate the Vader bolster bolt EU deflection meme.
Before some EUfag spergs out, there was nothing to indicate Vader used the force to stop Han's blaster in ESB. Even in the EU it was assumed Vader's armor is just really fucking good at first (which made sense since Luke's lightsaber literally bouces of Vader's armor). Then came shitty RPG books with "Force Absorb," and the fags who grew up on shitty EU now get to write movies like Rogue One, forcing shitty EU concepts into the movies.

Fuck the EU.

t.

The death star had hyperspace shields, don't you remember anything?

The Force is the greatest power in the universe, but stopping a blaster bolt stretches credibility?

Kys.

More or less, yes. Just 10 years younger.

You sound fucking retarded. They have been able to deflect lasers with lighsaber since forever. It was literally Luke's training in the milenium falcon by Obiwan.

KYS

because only we know all their shit is going to get shot down. They plan to not waste billions of credits worth of equipment.

>EUfags children seething
Erry tiem.

I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW IT!!!!! AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST

get fucked rouge one fag

>things that happened in the OT
>EUfags

Only things that ever scared me in the star wars universe were the Rancor and the Wampa.

Never happened in the OT.
>lightsaber
Jesus Christ I Know the average EUfag is like 15 year old highschool kid but at least learn to read.

I went with my gf, have you even touched a girl bf?

Post a better proof or get the fuck out of here.
There is nothing worse than an autist that is mistaken in something...

Don't you mean you went with your bf, girl?

>Never happened in the OT.
Except in ESB, when Vader deflected Han's shots.

>inb4 muh robot arm made of unobtainum
That was never the intention. Nobody even knew he had robo arms back then.

>Post a better proof
Proof of what? Are you retarded? How do you expect me to prove a negative? Fucking kids.

Are you or are you not denying that jedi/sith individuals were shown to deflect laser shots using lightsabers in the Original Trilogy?

>"DOOR STUCK"

>Proof of what? Are you retarded? How do you expect me to prove a negative? Fucking kids.

iirc he absorbs them with his hand in ESB.
And it was at first attributed to his armor and not the force.

>HAHAHAHA OH YEAH VADER IS SO BADASS!! I'M 30 AND FAT BTW

youtube.com/watch?v=X69NCLxwLEY

>Compared to the new trilogy, Rogue One is a competent film.
The new prequel apologists.

I was watching the movie at x4.00 so for me that "epic" scene was just a yawn.

Technically, he would be a Rogue One apologist.

>Except in ESB, when Vader deflected Han's shots.
He didn't deflect shit. They hit his hands and didn't do any damage. All they did is leave a trail of smoke and some sparks. Which exactly the same thing that happens when they hit everything else.
In the early EU, this was explained that Vader had badass armor. There was even an EUbook about it:
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Glove_of_Darth_Vader
The notion that the force was used here did not appear until the 2nd half of 90's in d20 rpg books.

>And it was at first attributed to his armor and not the force.

In the EU, not the movies. That scene was shot before anyone even knew Vader's hands were metal.

Never said that, you illiterate nigger.

God this scene was really stupid.

>And I hate the Vader bolster bolt EU deflection meme

>using the EU as proof of something that happened in the movies

Lmao. You realize nobody even know Vader's hands were prosthetic back then? Everyone assumed it was the Force for obvious reasons.

You're fucking illiterate. Nothing about lightsabers is mentioned in that post.

So this is a nustarwars fan...

I always assumed vader was using the force back then, And I've never delved into the EU deeper than looking up variant star destroyers or to laugh at Luuuke, calm down.

Why are EUfags so stupid? Why is basic reading comprehension so complicated for you people? I'm explain to you what the explanation for that scene was.
The notion that the force can be used to block blaster bolts is an idea that arose in the EU over 15 years after the release of ESB. It's literally a retarded EU concept developed by RPG book writers.

Then why doesn't he have lightsaber proof armor and electricity proof armor?
>inb4 lightsaberproof materials are rare
So are Kyber crystals but they somehow find enough to power two Death Stars with?
Using the force is just a better explanation because otherwise why doesn't every Stormtrooper have blaster proof armor like Vader-sama? Did the Empire just want to lose?

>done right

>ignored the entire point that vader doesn't need his lightsaber for lowbie trash.

He didn't even need to draw it for Han Solo,

R1 was the best Star Wars film since the original trilogy.

Are you fucking retarded? The idea that Vader had some kinda super-durable hand comes straight from the EU. Normal people who just watched ESB for the first time always assumed he blocked it with the Force.

>Then why doesn't he have lightsaber proof armor and electricity proof armor?
Ask George Lucas. And like I mentioned, it has some resistance since a lightsaber does fucking bounce of Vader's armor later in that movie.
>So are Kyber crystals but they somehow find enough to power two Death Stars with?
I don't give a fuck about Kyber EU crystals or nu canon since that shit is not in the OT.
>Using the force is just a better explanation
I disagree, but respect your opinion.
>because otherwise why doesn't every Stormtrooper have blaster proof armor like Vader-sama?
Because they are not as important as Vader? Why doesn't ever stromtrooper have blaster proof armor like Phasma? Why the fuck do they have armor in the first place since it does shit?

Better yet, if Vader's hands are so invulnerable how did Luke easily cut one off?

source?

It's literally a military vehicle used often by the empire in places where the AT-AT can't navigate, and it was walking up to stop a bunch of rebels from shooting up stormtroopers stationed there.
What would you have preferred them to use instead? A tie fighter? a couple deathtrooper? It's not pandering if it's literally just things that exist within the fictional world showing up to do their intended job.

>Are you fucking retarded? The idea that Vader had some kinda super-durable hand comes straight from the EU.
Yes, I know, and it first comes ESB novelization, but it's still EU. I'm giving you a fucking history lesson. The first EU explanation for it was Vader having good armor. The force being involved is a later concept from other shitty EU writers.

> Normal people who just watched ESB for the first time always assumed he blocked it with the Force.
No you dipshit. You are projecting EU knowledge onto the movie because you are a dipshit millennial. People didn't even consider it until late 90's.

no I rolled my eyes
it completely obliterates the opening of the first star wars movie

Concession accepted.

>You pissed your pants when you saw this in the theatre
I never watched it on the cinema. I waited for Direct TV to show it on cable television.

only a literal moron would watch capeshit on cinema

>ignored the entire point that vader doesn't need his lightsaber for lowbie trash.
>He didn't even need to draw it for Han Solo,

user, he was jus litterally having fun like a kid stepping on ants

Because the plot demanded it. And he cut it off at his wrist, which is usually one of the least armored spot on an armor so that people can move their hands in the first place.
Why didn't Vader just force adsorb Luke's saber? Doesn't Vader know about EU force powers?

But user, kylo freezes a blaster bolt. That's canon. Why shouldn't vader be able to deflect one?

>only guy in thread who brings up the EU
>hurr durr EU fags
Listen to yourself, man. I don't give a fuck about the EU, I didn't read any novels, comics, any of that shit.

> People didn't even consider it until late 90's.
I can't understand your circular logic. The idea that Vader had an indistructible arm comes from the EU novel, but people who assumed he was using the Force are projecting EU knowledge onto the movie?

Here's something to consider, I never even knew about the robo arm until 2-3 years ago, when I read about it online, and I always assumed he used the Force because it was logical.

Where is the wind coming from at the very end as he is watching the cruiser escape out into space?

This is the 4th shit I've taken today. When I was wiping after the 3rd shit, I started seeing blood on the toilet paper. Oh boy, this wiping session is really going to hurt.

That's exactly what I'm arguing. Shitty EU concepts are giving rise to shitty force powers in the movies due to power creep.
I never said Vader can't deflect blaster bolts. Since it's in the Rogue One, he can.
I'm arguing it's dumb as fuck, and that it has its origins in shitty EU books and games.

>trying to justify a bad scene that doesn't even line up with the canon of ep IV where he boards and asks them what they were doing.

If they just barely escaped him 5 mins before ep IV he wouldn't be asking such a stupid ass question. The whole setup doesn't fit and you're half assed reasoning doesn't patch it.

Saber have never been absorbed in the movies, while blaster bolts have so... yeah. You have no argument.

Nigga who gives a fuck? What difference does it make?