NYCC VIRTUAL QUEUE GENERAL

Let's talk about the con while we wait.

Anyone in yet?

>mfw going alone this year

;_;

Going Alone is pretty good, crowds are huge so its kinda easy to get separated.

so since there not selling 3 day passes, can we buy each day under one fan verified account because if not it seems retarded to remove it

Yeah, well the 2 guys I've been going with since 2005 hated last year (I dont blame them) and are passing on this year.

"There is a limit of four (4) tickets per NYCC ticket type. You cannot purchase more than sixteen (16) tickets total per order." I think so?

What happened last year that was so terrible?

im in!

I just got in HOLY FUCKING JEWS

Thrusday 45

Friday-Sunday 50 each,

well just got my tickets so I can confirm they can be connected to the same account but only one of each type unless someone can prove me wrong

Got me tickets.

>3 days passes were always $90
>3 days now cost $160

Ok.

can I go back on line? my friend wants a thursday ticket since its the only day he can go

I Got Thursday-Saturday.

I used to go all 4 days but I discovered Sundays aren't good for anything.

I've been kinda curious about the sticky. How crowded is the event, has buying tickets there become as difficult as with SDCC?

not as bad as SDCC but it has gotten retarded with ticket buying

NYCC is as popular as SDCC...without all the amazing SDCC panels.

My power went down of all the times and I got in 30 minutes after it started. Am I fucked?

You should be good. They are selling the single days only.

How everyone cosplaying as?

Persona 5 protag for me.

Who's everyone cosplaying as?

I'm going as best protag.

>applied for a table
>got in last year, should be no sweat
>hear they're cutting down on Artists Alley because of reconstruction
>mfw

>I am an electrician
>I am working the javits center the whole year
>they have us on record with a photo for security
>if they catch us at any of the events due to us having keys to get in, with out a pass we are kicked out banned from working there again and if they wanna be dicks press charges.

D'you even get comp passes?

What exactly are they doing to the AA section anyway?

I am just putting in the lighting and outlets sorry to disappoint. the foreman usually get a few comped passes to certain things, we got like 10 for the car show in our shop alone that does not include the other companies working there. Though from what I hear nycc is so high profile we will be lucky if they even give us one Saturday pass though we are working thursday and friday maybe they will be nice and let us chill there after work

Never cod played before, but I want to try this year.

Not him, but I went last year and it was shit. Guests were terrible on popular days, none of the big panels were in the main center, the only good panels filled immediately because they rest were crap and none of this was communicated with long time fans. Worse than that they made it seem so important to be fan verified, then dropped he whole thing locking out tons of real fans and making a fortune for scampers.

I took a few people there for the first time that year. None of them are going again because of it. I'm going again though because I know some years are better. They seem to have done a decent job with the tickets this year so hopefully it's better too.

>buying tickets
>not just getting free tickets with your connections

>be an electrician
>think you get free shit
lolol, design engineer here, we always get the free shit. Don't work with the fit out in comic con but we haven't not gotten free shit yet.

when I worked at google we got tons of free shit and free lunch and coffee every day, we do not get but everyone above us does and usually do not use it

Most of the panels were off-site block away. You had to wait there for hours thus mising most of the con.

Also, all the guests and panels were pretty fucking terrible.

Sucks man.
I tried to go alone last year. It was good for the first hour then you realize there isn't much to do/see since its basically all the same as previous years.
Friends definitely make the experience better just because you're bound to do stupid shit like finding a lost comic or laughing for 20 minutes at some star wars figure.

So why is there always a thread for NYCC stickied when tickets go on sale, but you never see any such alerts for SDCC, C2E2, ECCC, or other comic conventions?

And when will Hiroshimoot bring back /con/?

>/con/
Holy fucking shit is that a blast from the past. I forgot it even existed, when was it removed?

Probably because of cgl but cgl fucking sucks

I think it was always meant to be a limited board, but it wasn't up for very long. I think it was only really meant to organize meetups with Vanilla moot or something.