When did it became le cool contrarian meme to shit on pic related?

When did it became le cool contrarian meme to shit on pic related?

Before you first posted here, that's for sure

Sup Forums has always hated Nolan because his films are both legitimately good and accessible, and since Sup Forums has no other accomplishments apart from their taste, they want to believe that nothing can be good and accessible

I hate him because nothing can be good and accessible

newfag

when i watched dunkirk and realised how boring and safe it was

how new are you

If you genuinely think he's a great director you need to watch more films.

Nigger I've been posting here since The Dark Knight came out. The hate on Nolan only started after Interstellar (yes, even TDKR got its fair share of praise here) and only recently it reached the paid shill-tier it currently is.

>boring and safe
Name a war movie in the last 10 years that took more risks than Dunkirk did.

the last jedi

I stand corrected.

None of Nolans movies take risks

With the release of The Dark Knight Rises.

dunkirk was nolan masturbating while looking at himself in the mirror and no one told him to stop

Not him but it's a war movie about an evacuation and it has no main character and virtually no dialogue.
It's the least American film of the decade and it made hundreds of millions

brainlet, why the hell do you think weve been running this bane meme for years?

Not an answer to my question.

>these are muh good guys
>and these are muh bad guys
>look at how heroic these good guys are
>we'll do the right thing, because we are the good guys!
>muh good guys got home safe! yay!

i spent more time thinking about what to get for dinner that day

id say its gutsy to make a war movie about retreating

Even memento ? C'mon
You may don't like it but don't tell me all mainstream directors want to tell story backward

Ever since he repeatedly put out movies with awful, just GODAWFUL dialogue, plus like, characters driven by a robot's approximation of how human emotion works.

And that was when?

Since inception at the latest. He's just gotten sloppier and lazier since then.

Have you actually seen any of his movies? Nolan can't write dialogue for shit.

not him but
interstellar and dunkirk
nolan now has this bad habit of having hamfisted melodramatic emotional scenes everywhere that goes on for too long

but somehow those characters are also very sterile and too idealistic to be real
humans are flawed and selfish and real emotion is messy and fucked up.

the most interesting guy in dunkirk was the frenchie, because his cowardice and fear felt the most real. The others are just actors play pretending.

After The Dark Knight

>Doesn't do the diverse cast meme
>Doesn't do the cgi meme

He's alright in my book

zootopia.

When contrarians decided that because Marvel was popular they had to like the dogshit DCEU movies, and to validate Batman v. Superman that meant they had to shit on the previous version of Batman. When they reboot the whole thing with a new actor for tightsman, expect them to shit on that stupid poopoohead ben FATfleck XD

couldn't agree more.

Genuinely one of the most boring and safe paint-by-numbers movies in existence because of its late rewrite leaving it with a weekend script

I don't think you watched the same movie we did

"lets go and save them because we're the good guys and thats what good guys do"

really? fucking grandpa

b o r i n g

I mean the guy has made one half decent movie in the one about the guy with memory damage (I recognize the humor of not being able to remember the name)

zootopia was based af nigga, go watch the secret life of pets like a faggot

Remember how pointless the third act breakup that was over in like five minutes was, and how it was resolved by the literal line "I've been a terrible friend"?

Bane, the master tactician, didn't just order his men to shoot from the windows using their firepower advantage

>The Prestige, Batman Begins/Dark Knight, Interstellar and Inception were bad
You're just being a contrarian for internet points.

I have never shit on Nolan. He makes smart blockbusters.

>complaining how shit the 3rd act of a childrens movie is on a mongolian waterboarding forum

I'm convinced the prestiege is an enormous prank on me. It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen yet people praise it as a masterpiece.

The last time I said this someone said "you need to watch more movies"

proving with utter finality (as if there was ever doubt) that nolan fans are beyond retarded, they are subhuman.

July 16th 2012

didn't this guy direct INTERSTELLAR ?

i fucking loved that one

those movies all fucking suck dude. If your cinema consumption didn't consist of 3 disney movies and some other minor meme flicks a year you might realize I'm objectively correct.

don't make me tell you to leave authoritatively back to your preferred browsing experience, you can stay but never reply to me again.

Is Hans Zimmers score for Interstellar his only good score in many years and arguably one of the best film scores since The Lord of the Ringsn which will never be surpassed by the way

Interstellar, as basically every film ever directed by Christopher Nolan, is basically an outrageous and mean spirited attempt at murdering cinema as an art form. The classic example of a film that panders to this memetic MTV generation teens who have never touched real cinema getting triggered and mistakenly considering it a film instead of a flick.

In reality is merely a futile exercise in style filled with 101 screenwriting techniques and thriller/film noir cliches making it no more authentic than your average Michael Bay flick.

But still, liking Transformers 4 is not as bad as liking Memento. Because honestly, if you like Michael Bay you are a bad person, but liking pretend inauthentic cinema makes you a criminal supporting cinema murderers and means that you should be wiped off this planet as sooner as possible, to avoid further damages to the human species as a whole

(You)

love can transcend space-time LMAO

Nolan is one of the best directors around and Dunkirk is superb pleb filter

hello

dunkirk is shit and you're shit

>you occupy a reality where people heap praise onto interstellar

You sound like the type of faggot that thinks he is smart because he "understood" a Mallick film but in reality only read a bunch of theories about it on reddit.

>I was about to make a shitpost about how memento was his best film
>it would be a shitpost because it was directed by someone else but then I tried to remember who actually directed it, couldn't remember who it was.
>Look it up
>it is him
Shit guys I think I'm going insane

His only not good films I've seen from him are inception and interstellar.
The prestige, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, TDKR (Because of that one scene, you know which one), Dunkirk and Memento are great.

after dark knight rises

FILTERED