Disney really shit the bed with this one. I hated the film, and of my four friends who have seen it...

Disney really shit the bed with this one. I hated the film, and of my four friends who have seen it, only one of them described it as "good," one said that it was an awful mess, one called it the worst Star Wars movie ever, even worse than Attack Of The Clones, and one of them, whose favorite movie of all time is Empire Strikes Back, couldn't even finish it. He literally walked out.
It has the lowest audience rating of any Star Wars movie, and there's a petition that garnered 50,000 signatures (overnight) to strike it from the official canon. It's experiencing a steep box office drop, and "journalists" are literally blaming the alt-right, Sup Forums, and Russian hackers for the low scores on Rotten Tomatoes.
Meanwhile, Rotten Tomatoes has verified that the ratings are totally legit.
The official Star Wars page on Facebook is literally arguing with fans about why the movie is good.
It destroyed every plot point built up in The Force Awakens, and somehow Carrie Fisher (the only dead member of the original cast) is somehow the only original trilogy character who survived the film, despite there being numerous opportunities to kill her off. Disney has promised not to resurrect her with CGI, so how the FUCK are they going to follow this one up and fix this mess? They've successfully pissed off, insulted, and alienated most of their older fans, who happen to be their core demographic.

>how the FUCK are they going to follow this one up?
Hopefully they won't. It's time for the Star Wars to end.

A shitty Star Wars movie is one thing. Lucas made three of those. Arguing with fans and politicizing a shitty movie is what pisses me off.

The last jedi not only ruins all future STAR WARS movies, it also retroactively ruins the past films and makes them all look like idiots.

>A New Hope - "Sir we've worked out the final plan for the assault on the death star and it will be risky and cost many lives but it migh-" "Just Hyperspace-Ram it"

>Empire - "Sir the troops are ready for the ground assault on Hoth, walkers are ready to deploy" "Just Hyperspace-Ram the shield generator from orbit then Hyperspace-ram the rebel base. Boom. All the rebels will be dead before they can evacuate, war is over, and we never had to do a ground assault"

>Jedi - "Sir they built a new death star and it's even bigg-" "Just Hyperspace-Ram it" "But sir it's surrounded by a shield from the Endor moo-" "Just hyperspace ram the endor Moon until you take out the shield generator, Ewoks are collateral damage, then hyperspace ram the new death star"

>Phantom Menace - "Annakin you have to take out that droid controller" "Just hyperspace ram it"

>Rogue One - "We have to take down that shield generator!" "Just hyperspace ra- actually you know what were going to just hyperspace ram the death star anyway so we don't even need these stupid plans. Lets get out of here everybody."

>TFA - My god they built an even BIGGER death sta-" "Just hyperspace ram it"

From now on, in every star wars movie ever made, every single time there is a massive fleet, large base or battlestation everyone watching will be thinking. "Why don't they just hyperspace-ram it". Johnson did this to the entire star wars cinematic universe, forever, for the sake of a ten second shot that "looked cool".

>actually you know what were going to just hyperspace ram the death star anyway so we don't even need these stupid plans
lawl

I can already imagine JJ Abrams doing the PR for episode 9, promising it will bring a satisfying arc for each character, promising surprises and new shit. Promising to give all the answers the normies wanted. They're making this shit on the fly, it's just horrible.

STAR WAWSSSSSSSS

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. I'm almost certain this was done on purpose to piss of the old fans. That "let go of the past" narrative almost confirms this for me. Its so on the nose that Rian Jonhson might have well appeared on screen, looked directly into the camera, and said "Fuck your original trilogy, nerds."

see

this is like such bad PR
why would you even reply and argue with the fans
its downright petty and insecure

There's more.

>Luke tosses his lightsaber aside and refuses to kill his father because he knows there's still good in him
>Luke tosses his father's lightsaber over his shoulder for a cheap laugh after audiences waited two years to see what would happen
>the official Star Wars page thinks these are the same

I fucking hate Disney and Nu Wars so much.

This one is actually true though

maybe but still a shitty and overall unneeded scene. I find it hard to believe that an ex storm trooper didn't already know of the evils of both sides. they probably had propaganda posters against them and the republic everywhere.

what the fuck

it's like someone defending their fanfiction on deviantart

I would have cut the horse chase scene but not much else.

In all honesty, I like the Canto Bight stuff, but it still bogs the movie down. They should have cut it and released it as some sort of standalone short movie

The next film is the last, & yet .. it feels like nothing happened. TFA was rushed & left many, many questions unanswerered. The last jedi spun its wheels for 2.5hrs. & ... IX is the last. Feels like nothing happened, which is sad cause I like a few of the characters. I mean what is Poe's arc? He is a flyboy? that's all we get from 3 movies?

>It destroyed every plot point built up in The Force Awakens, and somehow Carrie Fisher (the only dead member of the original cast) is somehow the only original trilogy character who survived the film, despite there being numerous opportunities to kill her off. Disney has promised not to resurrect her with CGI, so how the FUCK are they going to follow this one up and fix this mess?

Some rope and pullies

>not having plot for trilogy
>not having one director doing all the movies
>not having a talented crew work on the movie
>not taking Lucas's idea and fleshing them out
Fuck Disney and fuck Kennedy

Well seeing as Poe is now the senior officer of the rebellion maybe he has to become the leader and has to learn responsibility instead of a devil may care FLYBOY
(I mean it could be interesting)

kek

>Disney really shit the bed with this one
You mean rian johnson
>there's a petition that garnered 50,000 signatures (overnight) to strike it from the official canon
Sad
>It destroyed every plot point built up in The Force Awakens
Oh no! Not the precious force awakens!!
>somehow Carrie Fisher (the only dead member of the original cast) is somehow the only original trilogy character who survived the film, despite there being numerous opportunities to kill her off
Maybe because she died... after they filmed the film, genius

I'm so fucking sick of you neomillennial force awakens and rogue one shit eating fucks

TLJ is the best star wars since ROTJ. Maybe even better than ROTJ since that movie had a fuckton of problems too

SUck cock

>>Disney really shit the bed with this one
>You mean rian johnson
Disney allowed him to do it.
>>there's a petition that garnered 50,000 signatures (overnight) to strike it from the official canon
>Sad
I'll give you that one. It is pretty pathetic, but it just goes to show how angry fans are.
>>It destroyed every plot point built up in The Force Awakens
>Oh no! Not the precious force awakens!!
The second film in a TRILOGY should be a bridge between the first and third films. Throwing out every plot point and killing off every character so that the next movie is left with nothing is really shitty.
>>somehow Carrie Fisher (the only dead member of the original cast) is somehow the only original trilogy character who survived the film, despite there being numerous opportunities to kill her off
>Maybe because she died... after they filmed the film, genius
They could have killed her in that opening scene, when she's blown out into space. She didn't have to fly back into the ship and live. Did you even watch the movie?
>I'm so fucking sick of you neomillennial force awakens and rogue one shit eating fucks
Again, The Force Awakens is the first part of a fucking trilogy. Is it too much for me to expect the next two films to build and expand on it?
>TLJ is the best star wars since ROTJ. Maybe even better than ROTJ since that movie had a fuckton of problems too
Fuck off, mouse shill.

Oh yes... cut all of dead Carrie's scenes after the opening. I'm sure the fanbase would have loved that. It would also cause a shit load of problems for the film. Probably would have delayed the film to next year.

>Worships the force awakens
>Calls me "mouse shill"
>Rian johnson is actually an independent director who has never done a major studio movie
absolute state of 95 iq star wars shitter brainlet plebians

>Throwing out every plot point and killing off every character so that the next movie is left with nothing is really shitty
except it didnt you brainless loser. luke's "death" still allows him to be in the film as a jedi mentor for rey. snokes death is character development and drama for kylo ren, the best character in the entire trilogy. reys parents being nobodys is a harsh wakeup for her, sorry they werent epic kenobis or skywalkers. the based homeless sicario dude is alive, finn's alive, poe's alive.

are you mad holdo died? really?

>responding to bait
When will you learn

now this is bait

>TLJ is the best star wars since ROTJ. Maybe even better than ROTJ since that movie had a fuckton of problems too
Horrible taste senpai