Storytime: Masters of the Universe #7: TrapJaw

> that cover

I hate this already

This tale is about Trap-Jaw's origin, before he became the cyborg warrior, when he was called Kronis.
Now this story is ok. It's connected with Evil-Lyn's issue, and shows again the corruption among the ranks of the Eternian guards, while establish a personal grudge between Trap-Jaw and He-Man.
Personally i prefer the far more epic origin story of Trap-Jaw from the 2004's Icons of Evil mini series, where Kronis was a brave mercenary warrior that challenged Skeletor for the rule of the Eternian Dark Hemispere, and he payed a terrible price. So i' ll post this comic too, for doing the comparison.

Trap-Jaw's origin was always hinted as a violent one. His sction figure is a cyborg with implants in the place of jaw and arm. Eternia was and will always be a savage world.

Bump.

This was the one version of Trap-Jaw's origin. Now i will post the origin from the Icons of Evil, which is one of best Masters of the Universe stories.

This story starts shortly after Keldor turned to Skeletor. Kronis one of his most brave and charismatic warriors challenges Skeletor for the leadership...

wtf kinda throw was that?

>Trap Jaw

Fuck yeah, best Skeletor minion after Tri-Klops

Well it's He-Man's strength. Uncontrollable.

holy fuck

Eh, this was kinda weak. He just gets blasted in the face and then NANITES, SON! Even his lust for revenge feels a bit weak. Icons of Evil was way better.

>that reaction panel
>now they've seen some shit

Icons of Evil Trap-Jaw's story it's hard to top. Kronis rising an army and revolting against Snake Mountain and Skeletor's authority. This is one of the best story material.

There's also the fact that his mutilation and motivation is far cooler. Getting severely BTFO by Skeletor but still having balls to go for a play where he serves him while trying to stab skull face in the back first chance he gets.

And Kronis is kicking everyone's ass.

Indeed. This is by far the best origin of the character. His first mini comic origin was very simple even if badass (Trap-Jaw in his first appearance shoot He-Man in the face). But the Icons of Evil one was epic, and make the Skeletor/Trap-Jaw struggle far more interesting.

Guess it doesn't matter if it's a lie either, the other choice being death.

So is this part of a He-Man comic series? Because this is easily the most interesting He-Man has ever been to me, and I want moar.

Skeletor is PISSED OFF at the news that Kronis is at the head of an army against him.

I'm having a hard time understanding why anybody would give Skeletor news if this is how he reacts to it.

Yes this is part of 2004's Icons of Evil mini series that was linked to the He-Man animated series. It was great.

So besides that, this wasn't linked with an ongoing? That sucks.

Unfortunately not. The 2002-2004 He-Man comics which are among the best, have been out during the 2002's He-Man animated series. Once the toyline was ended, the comics ended too. The Icons of Evil was a 4 issue mini series, each one dedicated to one of the main Skeletor's warriors (Trap-Jaw, Beastman, Tri-Klops and Mer-Man).

>You are the first person i' ve met who so looked forward to death!

Skeletor you awesome son of a bitch! This is why you are one of the best fictional villains ever created. And here comes one hell of a fight between Skeletor and Kronis for the rule of the Dark Hemispere.

Damn.

i like seeing him lose his jaw

>punches his fucking jaw off

how can one skeleton be so based

>I wasn't begging for my life. I was trying to STRANGLE him.

Kronis, until the end kickass as hell.

Kronis was dead. Trap-Jaw was born.

Was Trap-Jaw the opposite to Man at Arms or Mechaneck?

Tri-Klops was the more likely opposite of Man At Arms, i.e. Skeletor's tech guy.
Trap-Jaw is the opposite of Mekaneck or Men-E-Faces (in terms of cyborg warriors).

Trap-Jaw was the opposite of Man-at-arms in the original series. Tri-Klos was the equivalent of Mekaneck.

In the Filmation cartoon there wasn't any tech guy to be the equivalent of Man At Arms inside Skeletor's crew. Most of times it was Skeletor who was the inventor, and for this reason he kidnapped Duncan many times to force him work for him. All Skeletor's minions were braindead idiots, in that cartoon, with the exception of Evil-Lyn. In the mini comics before the 80's cartoon both Trapjaw and Tri-Klops were hardass mercenaries and bounty hounters, but not inventors. Tri-Klops became Skeletor's answer to Man At Arms in the 2002 animated series, and he remained since then.

>Mekaneck
>has the ability to see long distances and lock in on far-off targets
>armed with club

>Man-E-Faces
>has the ability to go "monster mode" and berserk yeah, he has a robot mode too, but work with me here
>armed with a gun

That always struck me as backwards

As a matter of fact, Man At Arms vs Tri-Klops became one of the most iconic MOTU feuds. They fought against each other even in the Eternity War.