Did he do anything wrong?

did he do anything wrong?

Didn't drown that goddamned midget the second it escaped the birth canal.

Well he was a garbage military commander so he had to kill them all at a wedding.

>Raised a psychotic alcoholic insane incestuous kinslayer
>Raised an autistic dyslexic incestuous kingslaying kinslayer
>Raised an alcoholic manlet danycuck murderous kinslayer

Kinda.

>parets are to blame for their children
Le 17yo thinking he knows how to fix the world

he would have won eventually, that just sped it up

Politically? No, not really, Tywin would have been a much better king than either Aerys or Robert. He was a terrible father though.

>Implying it wasn't his responsibility to put chastity belts on the twins and send Tyrion to a nunnery

that's pretty debatable, robb was completely undefeated in the field and if he allied with stannis or renly the lannisters would have lost the capital and forced to wage war on the defensive.

He was a good man, he would always pay his debts.

>stannis
no, that wouldn't have happened. stannis wanted robb dead because he considered him a traitor for not pledging for stannis.

He did one thing right.

Yes, he didn't lock that bathroom door.

GoT died with him.

Apologise.

He's right though. GRRM material was starting to run out at that time.

Being a hypocrite on his Prostitution stance

They shouldn't have done Dorne, I'll give you that. It's worth watching for Lena and Nik Nak though.

Signed the contract.

Like Dorne is the only problem .They should have cancelled the show after they caught up to GRRM's books, or at least replaced D&D with competent directors.

Are you still going to be watching season 8?

Oh I knew this was coming. Yes, I'm going to watch it. I'm not going to watch it because I like it, but because I already invested too much of my time not to watch the final few episodes. Also, it's kind of hilarious watching how bad the show turned out compared to what it used to be. I genuinely laughed at almost every scene in season 7.

He and Tyrion could have dominated the world if only Tywin he had seen past his blind hatred and recognised Tyrions potential.

A great leader doesn't constantly shit on the one person that could help him tge most.

Tradional medieval leader, so bad for the people. Very good for his family, except Tyrion who was the smartest and the most like him. Also he is VERY bad news for his enemies.

I think his only mistake was being an ass to Tyrion in every way possible.

I still cant decide but I think he was actually going to execute Tyrion. Him saying it was a meme was a lie.

Also him not seeing that Cersei was fucking Jamie was a big lapse of judgement on his part. I guess he just didnt want to believe it. Not that it matters.

Also Charles dance is kino in every way and played him perfectly, maybe the best casting in the show?

stupid showfag there were still two huge books after his death

Where the fuck are the intense dialogue scenes the show is known for? Literally one in the whole season between Old Woman Lady and Jaime. Rest is just meme. Not to mention the teleporting and boring action scenes. I liked better when the show just skipped the action scenes in earlier episodes. Its not the point of he show.

The scene with Olenna and Jaime was horrible. Olenna is literally the definition of a meme character. The Cersei and Jaime scenes were mostly good, got a semi watching the bed scene. The Tyrion and Cersei scene was also good.

Dunno, I liked Olenna even if shes meme queen slay. I forgot the Tyrion and Cersei scenes but in retrospect they are kino especially how she cant kill him.

He was an interesting villain. His motivations made sense, he was fighting for his own side and the whole Red Wedding, while being a disloyal act were actually well justified by him, saying that he helped finish a neverending war that would cause nothing but despair and death amongst the population, even if these weren't his real intentions behind he was right.
Then lately we got Ramsay Bolton, who was doing evil things while staring evilish at people.

ramsay did literally nothing wrong

Don’t forget
>Employ Gregor Clegane
>Employ Amory Lorch
>Employ Vargo Hoat and the Brave Companions
>Killing, raping and burning smallfolks

>send Tyrion to a nunnery

Did he ever abuse his children? Really abuse, I mean. Not one of them is right in the head.

Killing him was a mistake

>Killing, raping and burning smallfolks
Allies did it during WW2

Nah they are just messed up from either incest or Targaryan blood.

The way I phrased it was absolutely correct.

With that being said, Tywin deserved his own pov in asoiaf. If the patriarch of Starks has a own pov, then the patriarch of the Lannisters deserves a pov too. GRRM fucked up.

Maybe it would be easier if Tywin just gave him Jaime's old chastity belt after Jaime outgrew it.

If only Beric Dondarrion was in King’s Landing as a member of the small council.

If he just cut out the boring lame white walkers and magic shit maybe he would have had room for it. I understand why though, since he wanted to make a fantasy series and make money from it. He really shines in political intrigue though, and in a perfect world he could have focused on it 100%.

I think the main problem that I had with Ramsay was that he was genuinely just evil. Tywin was antagonist to the Starks and Baratheons, but it's difficult to call him villain. Same with Cersei, and Stannis, and even Joffrey at some points. Gleason did a magnificent job of playing Joffrey as somebody who was a kid at the end of the day, and adding complexity to the character throughout his time in the series. The entire series has had nothing but morally ambiguous characters who have more going on than just their actions. There's motivations behind them as well, and through watching them develop we are able to understand them. Ramsay was just an omniscient badass who could dual wield and wreck Stannis' army like it was nothing. He worked fine in his role as a torturer, but I really don't see anything complex or likable about him.

Tywin POV
Jorah POV
Thoros POV
1 Moqorro POV

Give those men their own pov and I would very happy. It would make asoiaf way better and much more interesting.

>Jorah POV

Why the FUCK not? This was honestly needed.

He was a big fat meanie

best commander
best ruler
best father
best character
best actor

>Best actor
Holy fuck this
The rest is debatable, but Charles Dance was the best
Sure some other actors were definitely on his level, but Charles was just too good

Don't give me that look, you /hm/

Charles is top tier.

I know Trion is a meme character, but Dinklage was also kino early seasons and is still good even if writers memed his character.

Speaking of POV, what is everyone hoping for in TWoW? My list below

>10+ Jaime chapters
>10+ Cersei chapters
>At least 5 solid Tyrion chapters
>No more Brienne chapters because she dies

Tyrion as a character is destroyed in S6, although in S7 he was the only alright character on Dany's side
That said, Dinklage delivered Tyrion so well in the earlier seasons
The Lannisters all were casted really well actually

I dont hate Brienne and I honestly want Gwendoline to take a fat ogre shit into my mouth.

No more wondering through the goddamn Riverlands
I hate it so much
I need
>Theon
>Cersei after Kevan
>Connignton
>Jaime

Well, you gave it
I'd add some Victarion chapters because his chapters are fun
Areo Hotah, because he's the one good thing in Dorne
And Theon/Asha

Get back to work, Nikolaj

Agreed. He absolutely commanded every scene he was in. It's incredibly rare to see presence like that on television.

Imagine a TWoW with zero twin chapters. What would we have to live for then?

Yeah whats the deal with that? Lannisters only have good actors while Starks are just average to strsight up bad, except Sean Bean and Michelle Fairley. I guess its because they are pretty young and new actors.

His treatment of the girl Tyrion married
Its just not needed and a waste of cruelty which is something Tywin almost always uses much more effectively

All the Lannisters are adults
Its not just the show though
I get GRRM wanted to do a pass the torch generation thing
But holy shit do the replacement characters not live up to it

Yeah that shit was pointless and sealed his fate.

And I know thats kind of a theme
But losing all entertaining and good characters is not justified by themes alone

It's something that comes natural to him
Look at pic related, of all the people he looks by far the most noble (in the aristocracy way) and regal
That combined with his voice and manner of speaking
For example the scene after the Small Council meeting discussing the Red Wedding, the discussion he has with Tyrion and Tyrion's birth, how he can change between being really secure and confident and making jokes to being somewhat frustrated to outright anger only to regain his composure and go to repressed anger

GRRM needs to cover

>Jaime's reaction to the walk of shame
>Jaime planning to tell his children he's their dad
>Cersei mentally spiralling in a way that lets readers empathise
>Some sort of Lannister get-together
>Casterly Rock

All these are needed and the story suffers for it.

Why is Brienne even in this pic?

Great politician and schemer, but a terrible father. When he died, Tyrion died with him.

She's so intertwined with Jaime's story I guess and has a Lannister sword or they just needed more blondeness.

Just an absurd not needed amount of cruelty
Could have done countless other things with the same impact and still punishing Tyrion
>It would seem son that when she found out about your money she took some and ran off with it
Or
>Of course she knew you were a Lannister and wanted money! How many blond pretty boys on expensive horses with ugly midget dwarves exist in this region
There are so many problems with it from just a logical standpoint. The show actually pointed this out decently well

he was a good friend

It was fucked up that Jaime lied to him about it too. I guess the implication there is that Jaime never knew about the gang rape.

I guess he wanted to break him so he stopped being a nuisance without dying, but he keeps forgetting that Tyrion is not just a Lannister in name.

>Jaime's reaction to the walk of shame
Queen of whores finally wearing her real clothes
>Jaime planning to tell his children hes their dad
Maybe. I would rather him just become Tommen's dad. Any interaction he has with Tommen is gold because hes actually decent to him
>Cersei's madness
All her children dying finally would be good for this. Some more detail about Roberts abuse would be helpful, more than just he got drunk but I ate his cum. Actual rape by Robert, otherwise I just side with Robert and think Cersei's a cunt
>Lannister get together
Tyrion scaling Casterly Rock with Jaime there

>Queen of whores finally wearing her real clothes
I think he'd feel strangely jealous about the walk of shame 2bh. This is the same character who dreamed about getting cucked by Moon Boy and was genuinely upset with babby Joffrey for getting to suck on Cersei's boobs.

Jaime's memory and priorities are absurd before getting his hand whacked off. He barely remembers what he did until afterwards
The only thing that makes sense is it being as close to killing him as Tywin could get
But still
>Tywin has at least 100 guards rape a women then his married son do it
>Somehow remains a secret
>Somehow this large of group does not spread the story
>100 loads in some common women that she can claim was his sons
>At best can kill her
>Tywin Lannister gives himself no deniable case for this bizarre gang rape story that might leak out
The consequences would be way too high

Nah hed be more mad when people called them saggy
And the carpet matching the drapes confirmed by everyone

Sad because he'll die a non-incest virgin.

Shame he didnt hook up with that fanboy of his
But it would just give George an excuse to write a scene about Jaime having ED

>ED
Don't be so harsh on him. He lasted a hot minute when he had Cersei in the sept.

My fucking god I forgot about this

Forgot about what, the sept or the milkies?

Antagonize his son and get himself killed. Other than that, probably not.

>>Killing, raping and burning smallfolks
Not his smallfolk though. The Riverland's smallfolk

Tully ""people"" don't matter anyway.

Not sure about this. Everyone talks about how dangerous he is and we read about his actions, but there are only a couple of scenes with him in them in the first book. This really sets his name in the head of the reader as "someone very powerful and dangerous". I think the effect would have been weaker if we read about him in his own POV.

>Also Charles dance is kino in every way and played him perfectly

He's definitely one of those rare cases of a perfect cast. You watch him move and see him speak, that motherfucker IS Twyin Lannister.

The only thing Riverland smallfolk need is a nuclear holocaust

Good lad. Have a (you)

If this thread reaches 300 we get /got/ back

did the hound do anything wrong?

Delet this right fucking now

The worst thing he did was become a R*ddit meme

This. Tywin's ruthlessness is effective in the short term but Ned Stark's teachings unironically give his dynasty a better shot in the long term by inspiring loyalty

Not indulging in that prime virgin cunny when she was practically begging for it.

Without Stannis in the books there'd be no hope in taking it back from Roose on the loose.

Can somebody just dump Lena Heady pics pls

ehh, ned's only true success is jon and to a lesser extent arya.

robb fucked up everything, bran is a tree, sansa is only alive because of littlefinger, rickon is irrelevant, arya is a psychopath