Slaughters christians without remorse

>slaughters christians without remorse
>defends muslims from the other vikings
What did they mean by this?

I only watched s1 years ago, I remember Floki being an edgy cunt

So, Christians are being portrayed as victims and Muslims as privileged by protection? I don't get it.

it means hes swedish

Not quite, I'm afraid Floki will convert to Islam or some shit, he's already a troubled man who's starting to doubt on the gods, and he described himself as "an empty vessel" but "something changed" after his journey to Algeciras. He even (convinced by his wife) kidnaps/adopts a muslim girl who ends up allah akbaring on his wife. There were few muslim vikings in Iberia at the end of the 10th Century but I'd be a stretch if the series goes that way adn Floki converts, even more because the real historical Floki discovered Iceland.

Savages protecting other savages

>What did (((they))) mean by this?

Check'd
Flokis not gonna convert to shit, hes the most hardcore pagan on the show.
He only wanted to spare those muslims because he was shocked by their devotion, he had never seen and admired a people who were as devoted to their gods as he was to his. As opposed to the English who throw away their convictions for survival.

This

>Watching SJW vikings.

You will be cucked as you deserve.

They just had him discovering Iceland in the latest season.

I’m sure this show is shit and really inaccurate but in real Norse history Muslims didn’t really impede on the Vikings, they actually kept good care of the eddas. Christians are the ones who ravaged he Vikings and destroyed their history.

>"I've never watched show."
>"However, I'm qualified to make broad statements as to it's authenticity and entertainment."

You might try actually giving the show a chance. It's much better than the permavirgins here would have you believe.

I am usually pretty autistic about things being historically accurate. That’s why I haven’t given it a chance, I just have a bad feeling about it

Its shit, at one point one of them wears a polish 16th century helmet. Cringed-quit this show.

I did too. Fortunately, the show isn't anywhere as bad as people here will tell you.

Is it a PERFECT representation of those days? Of course not, there's no way it could be. But for what it is, they stay true to the actual historical occurrences of the time. And yes, women are frequently portrayed as the weak and vituperative cunts they are, which is what you're ACTUALLY worried about.

It's indeed historically inaccurate. Hrolf Ganges is Ragnar Lodbrok's brother in the series, and Halfdan isn't his son, just some random viking. Ragnar never marries Thora (in fact Thora doesn't exist). Also in reality Ragnar never invades Paris, but in the series he does, twice.

This show is fucking BASED.

You might try actually throwing the show in the trash. It's much worse than the permavirgins here would have you believe.

I stopped watching after Season 2, how's this series going now? Is it worth going back to it and catching up?

Also, Floki was possibly one of the best and worst characters of the series, he fucking pisses me off. He should have died by now if he's still in it?

>Halfdan isn't his son
They could've made them related?
They're already such bros, what a missed opportunity...

literally threw an episode on tonight on cable

>the swede and norse in a tent at the hand of muslims
>omg muslims are so smart, they know our language and know how to trade
>swede admits the person he fucked last night was not a lady
>"how was it?"
>akward look and smile, "lets talk about something else"

WOOOW SO HISTORICAL

Being a believer he was maybe a bit fascinated by a faith and prayer very different from what he had seen or know so far, kind of like a crusader knight or a saracen probably would if they saw a buddhist temple.
But most likely producers of the show didn’t want to “offend” muslims

>It's another Sup Forums Pretends They're a Group of Historians episode.

I think I stopped watching this shit after like season 3. It got boring.

Christians are unworthy of respect or mercy because they worship a dead man, pray to idols and hoard heaps of treasure in all of their temples, to vikings, the idea of a god who can be bought and only talked to through a mediator is fucking ridiculous.

Floki was simply fascinated by muslims because their temple was decorated so scarcely, they worship sincerely with conviction and without any of the vanity of christians.

It was a surreal moment for him where the gods showed him that beauty and fullfillment can exist in the world outside of the viking lifestyle, and it's ultimately what leads to him abandoning that life, placing his own in the gods hand and being lead by them to iceland.

VEE VAAZ FROM THA FUTURE

Also, the feat of Haestein in Rome (where he pretends to convert to Christianity before death so he's brought in a casket withing city walls) is atributed to Ragnar in the series, when he does the same but to enter Paris.

That sounds about right. That show felt weird to me because 80% of the time the characters are straight up evil, except for this odd 20% where they take these weird far-left type stances.

Like when they made a legal ruling that that guy had to stay with his wife and raise another guys kid when she fucked someone.

I've kind of just assumed it was accurate at least vaguely and that Vikings were just the culture I personally consider the most weird and unlikable ever.

Stand aside, heathens, for Applestand 2.0. He's bigger, faster, stronger and more devout. If offered a MMF three way with Ragnar and Lagertha, he wouldn't even consider it. Don't even ask.

Norse history has a niche following that is just as devout as ww2 and Rome buffs

>Christians destroying a society
Imagine my shock

Yeah, and unlike Rome or WW2, there's virtually no written accounts of the period that aren't made by outsiders trying to 'surmise' Viking culture.

Stop acting like this shit isn't mostly based on conjecture.

Why do I have a feeling that shis show is full of SJW/leftist bullshit?

There’s a ton of evidence for all of this sort of stuff. You can learn a ton of their religion and daily life from the eddas, everything last that is pretty easy to put two and two together. Viking history isn’t complicated so when someone just fucking butchers it, it’s annoying. There are small inconsistencies that I wouldn’t mind since there isn’t exact evidence like Rome.. I wouldn’t be very bothered to see a Viking wearing armor or if the whole tattoo debacle. I wouldn’t really care if it didn’t show Vikings adopting French swordsmanship after they got their asses kicked in Paris.

Anyone else enjoying this Bjorn, Halfdan, Sinric trio

>Christians are the ones who ravaged he Vikings and destroyed their history.
>yuropeon education

Oh sorry, stole their history

If he's converting to Islam, he's going about it all the wrong ways. Strongly suggest you watch the current season to meet Floki, prophet and guide to the gods of Asgard, destined to lead the truly faithful to a promised land of rich soil and upward opportunity.

>vikings pillage the coast of an entire fucking continent and destroy their settlements
>barely contribute anything at all
>christian societies naturally try and defend their borders and begin reclaiming their territory
>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE CHRISTIANS ARE EVIL

Who is teaching you this revisionist shit user?

I'm sure it blew the fedora right off your head

>Who is teaching you this revisionist shit user?
Clearly yurokebab education at work.

I mean, based on absolutely every fact available, that was totally justified. If anything their only flaw was not going far enough.

I had once spoken with an user who was curious so:
>the Greek is Koine
>The guy has a Cypriot accent that’s annoying as fuck
>almost completely understandable as a native

fuck those cannibal fucks made my stomach turn

>Halfdan carving Halfdan was here all over the place

This show is so fucking boring. Obviously trying too hard to be Game of Thrones.

>You can learn a ton of their religion and daily life from the eddas

not really

>"hey I met guys like you once briefly before, therefore I am able to speak your language fluently"
They have this is like every other scene now.

Christians != English, idiot. The vikings plundered and took what was easy to take, no doubt about it. But Christianity is by far the worse of the two evils. It has caused more death and destruction of cultures than anything else.

to be fair the guy said he had trade dealings with them so he probably met up with them more than once

Several characters do it, though. They even have Ivar able to read Latin manuscripts to copy tactics from the Romans like Eckbert did now.

he's a cripple he's got a lot of time on his hands