Dies in the second film

>dies in the second film
>we know nothing about him
>or rey's parents
>or more on the knights of ren
>the movies are copying the original trilogy save for this recent abomination

i get it now. they were setting this up to make 3 sequel-prequels, from in between the end of the OT to the trilogy starting with VII.

Disney do not have souls

would Snoke have been better if he was played by a snide flamboyant gay man like Paul Lynde?

How much did we really know about the Emporer before the prequels? TLJ has flaws, sure, mostly with the minor characters, but the hate for it is almost comical at this point. Everybody has to be on a bandwagon for everything now, there's only amazing or absolute shit.

TFA was ok

TLJ was trash

I agree that it's not as good, but to my mind it was better than the first two prequels, and still better than pretty much any marvel or dc shit. I thought it had some good stuff in it though.

>implying he's dead dead
>implying he won't return in IX to attempt to steal Ren's body, because he is Darth Plagueis

>implying that wasn't just a projection like Luke's
>except he kept up also when playing the dead body

>How much did we really know about the Emporer before the prequels?
We knew he was The Emperor and that's all we needed to know.

he literally dies in his second film, the first being around 60 seconds of screen time

the emperor was established as the big bad in the star-wars universe from the start he doesn't really need an explanation as he fits perfectly into the universe. Saying oh btw there was this guy called Snoke who was just as powerful as the emperor around at the same time and he managed to assume control of the empire warrants an explanation

You guys are just hating to hate, they chose to keep his backstory ambiguous for the same reasons that any villain's is. It's not that important, and the ambiguity almost makes it more menacing. I'm down with critiquing TLJ, but don't just circlejerk over every detail and fabricate weak non arguments. Critique the acting, or the uselessness of the new characters, or the treading water storylines of the non-force users, or the comedy moments that didn't work in the context they were shown. Don't just make up shit that applies to the old ones you love too.

You don't know shit about Star Wars and you don't even care. Why post in a Star Wars thread?

having the new characters fit into the universe is important. If you don't want to fit your characters into the star-wars universe then don't make it a star-wars movie

Still better than the Christmas special

My biggest gripe about Snoke dying is how the first order is now led by Kylo and the punching bag ginger.

Kylo was already been bested by Rey twice, and now you are telling me he is going to be the main antagonist in ep 9?

Where is the drama?

You can still say literally the same thing about the Emperor. You're just precious about it.

I like to trigger retards.

>MUH Reys parents

When will you idiots realize that this is the greatest thing to happen to the franchise in years. By establishing that a someone can be main movie MC material without being a Skywalker SW now has more directions to go in than ever before. I for one look forward to the next trilogy

>advertised as the big bad villain that everybody wants to see do big bad evil shit
>talks to rey then dies

right
maybe youre just dumb

Anyone got a webm of Snoke dying?

There's a difference between ambiguous and fucking nothing at all.

The Empire was established in the universe. By simple virtue of being The Emperor, he fits into the universe. Stop being dense.

The amount by which this would be better is impossible to overstate.

Had the same feeling. He let General Cux emasculate him in front of his troops and lost every fight against Rey he has engaged in and fucks up everything he touches.
I am supposed to believe this guy is a threat to the strongest character in (mainstream) star wars lore.

The Emperor wasn't explicitly listed as a reason for Vader's fall. Snoke was listed as a reason for Kylo's in both movies. Considering Kylo is now our main villain, it's important to understand what the fuck is motivating him so we need to know at least what Snoke offered. We instead got jack.

>tfw no andy dick snoke

Jedi Dreams of Sushi?

How the fuck is it that Hux has the best character development in Nuwars so far? What fucking world do we live in where they decided that a throwaway comic relief character was going to have the only growth throughout two movies so far?

She is Ben's sister. It's incest like Leia and Luke. Literally pottery.

>a challenger emerges

the emperor was explicitly stated by obiwan but it was a long time before anh ans obiwan gives exposition.
if luke told a story about snoke to rey the movie woukd make more sense

well we knew he was the Emperor, then we knew Vader was his bitch, then we knew he was Force Sensitive, then we knew he could send thunderbolts at you

why he got a pussy on his head

Because he's yo mama