What was the message behind this movie ?

What was the message behind this movie ?

Don't be a dick

mind control, propaganda etc..

comfort over freedom vs freedom over comfort: you can live in a society where there are no criminals because everyone has been programmed to behave a certain way. no more hate, no more war, no more anger.

without portraying the last chapter in the book it was basically "humans are terrible and violence is cool"

It was about the capacity of humans to be reprogrammed like robots and the morality of doing so

The moral of the story is delivered by two characters. The priest and the prison warden.

And the point is that some people are just born evil. And that's a mystery that no amount of liberal politics or political bureaucracy will ever fix.

>"humans are terrible and violence is cool"
Absolutely not true. Not even remotely.

That sacks of shit cannot be reformed even after going through hell. Kubrick was redpilled in dropping the final chapter of the book.

Drink milk.

Don't let the government get it's hands on you

the last chapter of the book was shit though

>I grew up and I'm normal now the end

why? alex was a huge psychopath and got everything he wanted

WELL WELL WELL WELL WELL WELL

happy ending. Grew up, outgrew criminal friends become a well behaved boy. Not the type of message they wanted in the 60s.

He's also the antagonist of the film.

>The moral of the story is delivered by two characters. The priest and the prison warden.
Yes!

>And the point is that some people are just born evil. And that's a mystery that no amount of liberal politics or political bureaucracy will ever fix.
No!

The film's major theme is a question of whether a man can still be a man if he no longer has free will.

>implying that fairy tale bullshit is a good ending

everyone else in the movie got fucked over by him because they were absolute pussies (along with the pissbaby state government practices)

this movie popped my kino cherry

you know a film can have multiple themes and messages

IF IT ISNT OLD ALEX LONG TIME NO VIDDY DROOG

is that really a fair question when the person is a malevolent psychopath though?
Should they be given free reign over their fucked up deeds?

the dialogue is fantastic if you're into linguistics.

The Nazis did nothing wrong because they were the rule, not the exception, to human history. Trying to brainwash mankind into being docile slaves is even worse than conquest because it goes against everything that makes existence worth it.

also I think it was making the point that the institutions trying to control the innate violent behavior in humans are violent and evil themselves

I think it takes a lot of the momentum out of the story, especially considering how tacked on and out of place it felt.

>"No!"

>Trying to brainwash mankind into being docile slaves is even worse
Even though that's literally what the Nazis did to their own

the guardians/parents/institutions in the movie were huge pussies. that's what allowed alex to run amok in the first place.

Are you seriously trying to argue that the Nazis were good because they didn't try to brainwash people, despite them having by far the most sophisticated and pervasive propaganda of their time?

in the begining of the book he rapes and kills some shopkeeper, and runs nextdoor to pay off some old ladies for an alibi, aswell.
society failed him and themselves

If you watch the movie back it's amazing how much of the iconic stuff is in the first 20 minutes.

>brainwashing
>propaganda

Two entirely different things.

It isn't

alex was the only one that got punished for his violence and that was only because he got caught

>Nazis
>docile slaves

They were the last conquerors, user. Hitler was the last of history's great men.

A moral exploration of mind control. Basically just
>can we brainwash someone who is unambiguously evil

Fascism works

this. movie loses its impact after he is institutionalised, the book explores the themes way better

>The film's major theme is a question of whether a man can still be a man if he no longer has free will.

I haven't actually seen the film, only read the book, but wasn't it more about whether a man can truly be considered good if he doesn't have a choice in the matter? Like, it was saying that someone forced to do good is no better than the one who freely commits evil, if they both wanted to commit evil.

how is that different to brave new world

White culture is inherently violent and immoral.

aside from the USA, which more or less invented modern propaganda

>Stanley Kubrick: The central idea of the film has to do with the question of free-will. Do we lose our humanity if we are deprived of the choice between good and evil? Do we become, as the title suggests, A Clockwork Orange? Recent experiments in conditioning and mind control on volunteer prisoners in America have taken this question out of the realm of science-fiction. At the same time, I think the dramatic impact of the film has principally to do with the extraordinary character of Alex, as conceived by Anthony Burgess in his brilliant and original novel. Aaron Stern, the former head of the MPAA rating board in America, who is also a practising psychiatrist, has suggested that Alex represents the unconscious: man in his natural state. After he is given the Ludovico 'cure' he has been 'civilized', and the sickness that follows may be viewed as the neurosis imposed by society. Although he is partially concealed behind a satirical disguise, the prison chaplain, played by Godfrey Quigley, is the moral voice of the film. He challenges the ruthless opportunism of the State in pursuing its programme to reform criminals through psychological conditioning. A very delicate balance had to be achieved in Godfrey's performance between his somewhat comical image and the important ideas he is called upon to express. The Minister, played by Anthony Sharp, is clearly a figure of the Right. The writer, Patrick Magee, is a lunatic of the Left. 'The common people must be led, driven, pushed!' he pants into the telephone. 'They will sell their liberty for an easier life!'

BNW was a pretty shitty book interesting themes aside

Because it tackles the theme from a different perspective. Brave New World comes at it from the idea of a controlled society out of the interest of efficiency and economy, A Clockwork Orange comes at it from a controlled society out of fear of deviancy and violence.

They both cover some pretty similar themes, but the antagonistic societies in them exist for different flaws of mankind.

ginger bush

powerful argument

Was it rape?

Respond to bullshit with bullshit

FOOD ALRIGHT?

How did the Nazis have by far the most powerful and sophisticated propaganda machine at the time when they were using techniques perfected in the USA 20 years before and going up against Hollywood?

Related sort of to this film: I want disturbing movies, I know this one isn't really disturbing compared to a lot of other films, but I've watched Martyr and Funny Games and am just hungry for more.
I'd like recommendations directly from people here and not from some list on whatever clickbait website.

lilja forever

the beast
antichrist