Sony's VENOM

New details on the movie.

>Set in San Francisco and borrowing elements from the "Venom: Lethal Protector" and "Planet of Symbiotes" storylines.

>Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock, a troubled journalist who bonded with an alien symbiote to create Venom. Brock has already been Venom for "some time" and left New York City in search of a new beginning.

>Michelle Williams as District Attorney Ann Weying, Brock's ex-wife.

>Riz Ahmed as Cameron Drake, the "Elon Musk-esque" technology magnate who owns the Life Foundation, a technology conglomerate which is conducting experiments with symbiotes.

>Jenny Slate and Reid Scott as scientists working for Drake.

>Scott Haze and Woody Harrelson as symbiote-enhanced enforcers for the Life Foundation.

>Spider-Man is not part of the story, but it is implied that Venom fought Spider-Man in the past and that's why he left New York.

>Tom Hardy will play Venom through motion-capture technology.

>Hard R action-horror movie.

So what does Venom do when there's no Spidey around?

Fight crime.

Sounds fun.

So i'm guessing this is not Tom Holland Spider man, it doesn't make sense that he fought Spider Man when Parker is just a teenager and not even a journalist yet

How many grunts, umms and ahh's will we get from Hardy though? Memeworthy?

I'll watch anything with the big guy in it

How will he shoehorn a weird accent into this film? Probably when he's in Venom form, right?

That's retarded though. Every character fights crime. He's a better villan anyways.

God I hope so.

>no spider-man
>no spider-man movie to introduce this spider-man character
>backstory implies spider-man kicked his ass
This is DC level incompetence.

It'll likely be left completely vague. Its in Sony's interest to have normies think this is part of the MCU.

i was actually completely against this movie, because i thought it was going to be a complete blunder, shit show.
but just reading this post, everything sounds great.

He does both, he's chaotic neutral.

>Venom
> Hard R action-horror

Do I dare get excited? I mean.. it's Sony. They have to fuck it up somehow.

I hate when leaks give specific plot details like
>left NYC after fighting Spidey
as if these minute details would be known when they're this early in production

>I mean.. it's Sony. They have to fuck it up somehow.
This is the only part I hate, but as long as they give Hardy the freedom to make the character his own it should work out.

Not at first. He's always been one of Spiderman's best antagonists, even after his new anti-hero status.

Carnage deserves a gory r-rated movie adaptation

That's hardly a minute detail.
Deciding whether to put Spider-Man in, make him not exist, or just have Venom offhandedly mention fighting him before seems like a pretty basic and early decision.

Isn't Carnage the villain in this?

I don't care
He deserves his own standalone

so they actually made the LIFE movie a prequel to venom. wew lad

you should work for sony

Why is Sony even doing this? Just sell Spider-Man back for 3 billion or something and be done with it.

>Walton Goggins

Does this take place in the Homecoming universe?

They know cinematic universes sell better than anything else right about now and are way to retarded and out of touch to realize they don't have a franchise or the competence to do that.

Of course not

They literally want to make a cinematic universe with only spiderman villains and make them all heroes or antiheroes. And not to mention no spiderman

Yep. Remember how Deadpool took place on a crashed SHIELD helicarrier and didn’t even so much as lampshade it?

>it's a movie they change origins all the time, especially timelines
>they don't have to set a specific year, if they're smart they'll leave that super vague and then it can retroactively fit into a later spider-man movie so say spider-man 2 or 3 can have venom show up and the audience can piece that the venom story took place after that s-m movie.
>there is no other spider-man than tom holland currently

i want him to use "we"
>we are venom
>we will eat your brains
etc

>poast yfw sony still does their sinister six movie and the amazing spider-man 1&2 are canon again

If the movie does well they will make a deal to incorporate venom into the mcu.

Marvel isn't going to want to touch venom unless it's clear from the start he's a part of their universe

It's literally the tagline.

It was always a terrible idea with how they were going to execute it. Like how oscorp was behind everything such as the creation of oct's arms and vulture's wings etc. the sinister 6 was hinted at in homecoming's ending though so it could still happen in the MCU. we have vulture and scorpion already and potentially prowler

i think they're going to wait and see how shitty or successful the movie comes out. i'm sure that marvel set limitations, like you can't fuck up marvel's story lines but anything else have fun. hence the san fran location of the movie.

Is there a single company out there that even comes anywhere close as to how out of touch sony is?

that's a good modern tag
1)i didn't know that 2)i hope he actually uses it in the movie and it isn't just publicity hype

>San Francisco
>Tom Hardy

supergay

wb is giving them a hard run for their money

The amount of kids who used some kind of variation of Venom in their nicknames in CS years ago, countless. Now this meme will be revived. Literally the worst timeline.

I wonder if there will be people in suits talking on cellphones and a SWAT team that gets knocked into air with one powerful swipe?

Well, it IS Sony after all.
They might be worse than Warners.

I just think that marvel isn't going to want to bend the rules like that for a somewhat minor (in the scope of the whole of marvel) character like venom. not to mention that the movie is R-rated and supposedly a horror which is completely different than the established tone they have with the MCU

daaaamn. just dye his hair red. bam.

"hmm, grunts loudly, we may have use for you, hmm, nootka"

Pretty sure antman is in sanfran

He more eats and kills the criminals rather then fight them. Symbiote has to feed somehow.

Actual retard spotted. WB made a huge hit out of American sniper

yeah but it's intertwined completely with avengers and shield. this supposedly will have a single reference to the marvel u, and that is he fought spider-man once.

>He fights crime...but also...commits more crime! Not unlike a black police officer. - Sam Raimi
Holy shit.

Imagine the entire legacy of your film is just some pseudo prequel to some try hard capeshit film

sounds like kino