This shit is easily worse than the prequels and the new movies, why does it get a free pass?

This shit is easily worse than the prequels and the new movies, why does it get a free pass?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aJTsQEoIcvA
youtube.com/watch?v=LLbO16m3nNI
youtube.com/watch?v=eUB6Un9TR7o
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPe-ly0BHM
youtube.com/watch?v=YZ_j3s5xj8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>This shit is easily worse than the prequels and the new movies
No. Sage and Hide.

Because the people who hate TLJ watched it as children. End of story.

Is the book so much worse than the film?

weak bait

Kill yourself.

t. deluded manchildren
its trash.star wars is trash in general, but this flick is shittier even by those standards...it feels like a parody of the first two

VI was my favorite as a child, and since this is a children's fantasy series that makes it best Star Wars movie in my ranking

you're right. It's why I wasn't shocked when the prequels sucked. It was the beginning of Lucas turning the whole thing into a comedy. A shitty slapstick comedy, no less.

Jabba's Palace was neat and the last thirty minutes are neat. The prequels still suck.

You are doing it wrong. The PT was actually good, and the OT was never that good to begin with. That is Sup Forums opinion of the day.
Did you not get the memo?

Jabba goes on a bit too long though
It'd work if it wasn't at the end of the trilogy

endor and tatooine are complete shit. the space battle/emperor scenes are great but this movie would be fucking ravaged today

It's the worse on the original trilogy, but better than everything else

Should Sup Forumsism be considered a mental illness at this point?

Return is powerful, yo

What an embarrassing fucking image, holy shit

9/10 movie with several 10/10 scenes

what do you mean, its fucking kino man

The scenes of Luke on the Death Star confronting The Emperor/Darth Vader are amazing, fuck you.

Everything in the throne room is the peak of the series

Proximity to ESB and nostalgia. Truth is ANH is a boring slog and ROTJ has the same amount of prequel-tier shit as the prequels, people just overlook it because it's one of the originals.

>watched it as a kid and like it

Nigger,

Yeah you can really tell that ANH has the same director as the prequels. It's all competent but somehow very dry.

Not trying to be contrarian, but i never got the love for Empire Strikes Back.Always thought its underwhelming after A New Hope, which isnthe best movie in the series imo

Yeah it's funny, ANH is sort of like a prequel edited for clarity and ROTJ is all of Lucas' wacky, stupid, unchecked ideas like the prequels had, but directed by a different person who could work with the actors and make it less dry.

the duel is better in RTJ than Empire Strikes Back, therefore
RTF>ESB>ANH

The middle of this movie brings it down but everything with Sheev is pure kino

the payoff at the end redeems it

Nah its great. The ewoks fuck it up but still great

>everything with jabba
>space battle
>luke vader fight

you don't know shit about ROTJ clearly

youtube.com/watch?v=aJTsQEoIcvA

All star shit flicks are trash, dorks

I always thought it was the most forgettable

Why even bother discussing star wars if you don't even like the originals? Aren't you just wasting your time?

There were bad elements to it but the scene on the Death Star with Luke, Palpatine and Vader is the kinoest the series ever got. Also it had a legitimately happy and feel good ending that we were robbed of with the new trilogy.

This. ESB is just alright but it is the weakest of the OT. ANH is still amazing.

>muh Kasdan

>muh eweks ruin it all!

The book or the movie or what? People shit on RotJ purely because of Ewoks and it's gay as fuck. Were you that disappointed that Boba Fett died like a bitch?

This is my favorite of the original trilogy. It's really like two movies, the Jabba's Palace Adventure, and the "One last Space Adventure Romp." They have a botched First Contact scenario, there's cool shuttles and the Emperor is the best Bond villain since Telly Savalas.

It's absolute kino, you motherfucker.

I never understood the meme about hating ROTJ and ESB. The OT is watched as a trilogy they compliment each other.

Nah, go get fucked in the ass OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=LLbO16m3nNI
youtube.com/watch?v=eUB6Un9TR7o
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPe-ly0BHM
youtube.com/watch?v=YZ_j3s5xj8I

(You)

saged

>I'm a stupid fucking shill and like having my ass rimmed by large AIDS ridden niggers.

here's what you nerds don't understand. making movies is really fucking hard. movies are basically written three times, first in the script, then in production, then in editing. There are a lot of moving pieces involved and at any stage, something can go wrong and hurt the final product.

what star wars was, was basically the perfect storm. the story is alright, not really anything new. the reason star wars was special was because someone took a chance on a weird movie about laser swords and then everything else just lined up perfectly with arguably the most iconic OST of all time followed by groundbreaking special fx and, most importantly, Marcia Fucking Lucas.

For those of you who don't know, Marcia Lucas basically saved Star Wars in the edit. The original story was terrible but through editting magic she moved a whole bunch of scenes around like when death star was about go off and luke had to blow it up. Originally the death star was just floating in space, it was never supposed to be on yavin. That's a huge plot point and it was only added after the fact.

The reason Star Wars worked was because it was risky and somebody took a chance and then everything happened perfectly at almost every level. Star Wars will never be as good as it was.

This is just Disney's just cashing in on the dead carcass of your childhood. Yes, it's great that we're getting new star wars but Disney would never have made Star Wars if it didn't already exist and that's why they'll never be able a real star wars movie.

>bwaaaah mommy, he insulted my dogshit kiddie movie, he must be shill, reeeeeeee

A New Hope is the only good Star Wars flick

>drop a redpill

The scenes with Vader Luke and Sidious is as good as anything Star Wars has ever done

Even if it was inconsistent, it easily had the highest points in the entire series (Luke on the Death Star and the Jabba's Palace escape that would have made a perfect short adventure film on its own).

>Yes, it's great that we're getting new star wars
when will people stop saying this as if it's a given?

who the fuck was supposed to enjoy or appreciate the weird musical number in the special edition?

I never liked all the jabba palace shit tb h, felt like they were trying too hard to recreate the mos eisley cantina scenes

why was anyone there on jakku? what was the point of that settlement? mos eisley made sense because it was a spaceport. what the fuck is jakku?

The Jabba scenes are great and the final fight between Luke, Vader and Sheev is iconic

The ewoks lower it but otherwise it is terrific

Always funny to watch retards shilling “George’s ex saved Star Wars in editing!” because they read it in a Cracked article once and didn’t know that all movies are reconstructed in editing in tandem with the director

Yeah Dunning-Kruger can be pretty cute sometimes

t.Rian

The fuck are you talking about nigga, Jabba was on Tatooine

>star wars is trash in general
Episode I and Episode III are fine pieces of naivë auteur cinema.

This nigga gets it.

Episode 6 is not very good, but it's not as bad as the prequels. It's more Rogue 1 tier.

>another mouthbreather says a new hope was 'saved in editing' by his ex wife
never get married, you'd be a pussy slave

or that george did most of the editing on all 6 of the films

I honestly fucking love this movie..

When they're about to kill Han and Luke in the pit and they end up killing boba fett ... so fucking kino

Also luke in the throne room is so badass with the sith master (before you know he's sheev)

The ewoks are the only bad part...

>Han's rescue
>battle for Endor
>Luke, Vader and Palpatine
Ewoks are the only weak part.