WMBF

>WMBF

Just stop this meme.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GfxL_wuYtSg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I miss the comfiness of season 1.

Yeah Barry being miserable is the worst thing about the last 2 seasons. Grant Gustin works best when he has to smile or cry, not mope.

Why?

It's disgusting

reminder
[doublespoiler]no, i didn't start the thread[/doublespoiler]
[tripplespoiler]but i'm glad to know i'm not the only one[/tripplespoiler]

You don't want to see a nice gal get COLONIZED?

Looks like Sup Forums is leaking out again

I have a more problem with the trend of turning ginger characters into black ones. First Iris, then Wally, and then Iris again in the DCEU. What gives?

Iris isn't ginger. She has always had brown hair. You might be confusing Wally's aunt with his daughter.

in b4 misleading Manapul panels (even though her hair is clearly brown in other pages from the same issue) or YJ screencaps (literally the only time)

At least it isn't the other way around. I am find seeing some chick get colonized as long as we don't have to see any black men as a love interest to anything other than a fat girl.

Their relationship is creepy. They're essentially adopted siblings.

I tried to give the show a chance, because I really wanted to like it, but even season 1 is bad aside from some great hero/villain sequences and solid villains. Everything Barry-wise was dry repetitive drama that never felt productive.

It's almost as if the whole West family is black...

Grant is gay so I dont buy it

he's marrying a woman

So who the hell is Savitar? He's fucking no one in the comics, so I'm struggling to see what would make any sense at all as to who it's supposed to be at this point.

Blacks are made their qts are getting some cream filling? Topkek

Disagree on both accounts.

The amount of actual gingers that can act is ridiculously small. Most of the gingers you guys fap to are actually blondes with dye jobs.

Punished Barry from the distant future.

>Flashpoint Ronnie
>Time Demon Eddie
>Alt-Barry
If it's anyone else, or if it's FPRonnie, it'll be piss-poor writing.

You forgot Perry White and JAMES Olsen and Hawkgirl

Honestly I wish they would just dye the hair more. Archie got it right. There's no reason Gustin couldn't have bleached his.

Does it actually matter at this point? Future Barry, Time remnant in a space suit, Eddie, Harrison Wells #75 whatever other BS theory. The mystery has been dragged out so long I think I'm past caring.

Yeah, but it's all shit righting if it's any of those anyways, because why would Barry kill Iris if all he's been doing is winging all season about how she's gonna die & there's NO way they can figure it out.

I love that they actually had KF say the fucking line "You're gonna be SO surprised when you find out who he is"
The hubris of these writers is hilarious. I expect the reveal to be anticlimactic as fuck.
Probably E2 (E3?) Wells. I'm not sure who else would get such an immediate reaction from Caitlyn even if that doesn't make too much sense

Kendra has never been a ginger. There are multiple Hawkgirls.

They're sitting on this shit for too long like the Marvelous Comp did with Red Hulk. They're telling us almost everything except who he is & by now it's not even interesting anymore.

For one, it'd look awful.

Archie's is so bad.

Because he's been driven insane. He needs her to die to go down the path that turns him into Savitar.

Wasn't she a redhead in JLU?

I honestly don't agree. Maybe natural red hair never actually looks good to me so I can't tell.

He already revealed it.
>"I AM THE FUTURE(,) FLASH!"

I like how they literally just made the hard swerve bullshit episode last week for "Barry tries to go to the future & NO ONE knows who Savitar is except Killer Frost who is eeeeeeeeeeevil!" & then learns the real heroism is friendship (and not just ignoring a failed future, since he can avoid it if Iris just doesn't die (why don't they just send Iris into Earth 2 for like a day or four?)

No one to yell "just run faster Barry!" makes him turn evil. I mean with CW Barry it makes a weird amount of sense.

She wasn't in JLU. That was Shayera (a version of Shiera).

This is basic stuff man. Pay attention to what you're watching.

I love how bullshit that is AND how much that sounds literally like what they'd say.

Which is why Savitar won't kill our Barry, either:

A - Savitar doesn't want the death of Barry, he wants the death of "The Flash" because it means the birth of "Savitar"
B - Barry needs to experience Iris's death to fulfill A

There's also that Savitar admitted to being driven mad and that he associates himself with Divinity, while Barry began developing dis-associative traits after visiting the Speedforce for the first time.

so did Ryan Reynolds and Bruce Jenner

Don't they both like women? What am I missing here?

>Hawks
>Basic

Ah, sorry, I don't keep up with Legends of Tomorrow and I never cared much about Hawkgirl to follow her in the comics, I only know about her from JLU and the episodes of Flash that she was in.

Iris main function at this point is to yell motivational phrases at Barry, you could probably replace her with one of those cat posters saying "just hang in there".

>They're essentially adopted siblings.

No. They were friends and knew each other long before he was taken in.

I figure first names are somewhat basic even if you don't know all the reincarnation details. Expected too much perhaps.

Well we all have to learn eventually. I will add that Kendra was not black until the new 52, but she has never had red hair. It was a dark brown pixie cut.

It worked relatively fine for Nightcrawler. He's already adopted into the family, a marriage into the family is usually expected, if not obvious.

He was what, 10? And Iris seems to have lived closeby, so they probably started socializing at 5 or 6. ~5 years of growing up with a girl as your friend isn't easily forgotten, especially if you'd been attracted to her as they like to heavily imply.

He got adopted when he was about 10-13, and they were raised together since. Honestly it concerns me that Joe probably knew teenage Barry was jacking it to the girl who slept in the room next door to him, and was pretty OK with that.

Sounds like Kendra is the worse of the two Hawkgirls, they probably should have stuck with the one with red hair

Sup Forums doesn't read comics and complains because of racemixing

Be more of a stereotype

we can analyze this, does savitar always start with Flash when talking to him? Would he have said
>Flash, I am the future!

Hawkman & Hawkgirl I -- Carter Hall & Shiera Saunders, Earth people. Pretty sure they're both brown-haired.

Hawkman & Hawkwoman -- Katar & Shayera Hol, alien police from Thanagar, they take the easy names of Carter & Shiera to basically grandfather themselves into the same Hawkman mold.

Post-52 shit: Something, something, it's Carter still, but Hawkgirl has reincarnated into Kendra Saunders, who picked up Shiera Saunders soul when she tried to commit suicide. Far as I know, they're all brown-haired

>Sup Forums doesn't read comics and complains because of racemixing
Sup Forums complains of black male/white female racemixing because they're insecure about the BBC. To be fair, that is also the least popular pairing in real life (they couldn't convince fangirls to like the James/Kara pairing even though the black guy was a fucking supermodel) but often comes up in Hollywood regardless.

DELETE THIS

allowed for some bants

That....sounds awful, did that happen around the same time that Bally West showed up in flash?

Kill yourself

No, he recapped like 50+ years of publishing in one post.

Oh thank god, because if not that would have been Riri Williams levels of awful.
This is great, based Olly.

Absolutely none of it. the new Wally didn't show until a couple years ago in New52. Otherwise, he's just been the normal Flash headlining the DCU.

Oh, and unfortuantely, I found out I'm wrong &...pretty much all of them are redheads except for Kendra. The newest ones are brown-haired & Shayera on JLU is. I think it's also a really deep red, like an auburn.

No one is Bendis bad but Bendis

IT WAS YOU BARRY, YOU ARE ME

>ywn fuck your hot black sister

Personally, for me, DC's Bendis is Scott Snyder, I refuse to buy anything with the guys name on it these days, granted his not as bad as Bendis, but he's still on my black list.

All about that Mon-El dick now man

>>WMBF
>Just stop this meme.
PREACH!

What we need so some good old fashioned White Cosby action!

That's terrible too. Mon-El is for blue girls only.

The black guy on Arrow has a white wife too.

I don't mind Barry/Iris but it is a little grating just how many interracial couples there are. I felt like if I wore those sungalsses from They Live I'd see "FIND SOMEONE WITH DIFFERENT COLORED SKIN AND PROCREATE WITH THEM" flashing across my screen. There's definitely an agenda.

>There's definitely an agenda.
Indeed:
youtube.com/watch?v=GfxL_wuYtSg

The problem is that there are too many inter-show ships. In real life not everyone is paired off like that especially not at that age. It would feel less weird if it was just one or two and everyone else was just having hookups but mostly single.

you first cuck

I'd forgotten Stein's Roofy action. Though the guy lived through the 70s back then it was just how you started the night.

you mean luthor pussy

Fuck you. Lex and live-action Barry know what's up.

joe probably thought better barry than a black guy

but everyone thought Lex was black in the animated series
when he was just greek

Lex likes his women big.

And connected.

I thought he just had a really deep tan was their excuse?

The way the mouth is drawn with such detail isn't common on white males in cartoons. And if Lex was fully on model he would look different, but since they used a specific actor as a reference it's understandable.

>Lex likes his women like he likes his assets - large and diversified.
>Lex likes his women like he likes his cakes - chocolate and over 40.

That's as many as four 10s!

>Shayera

In LoT, it's explained that Kendra's original incarnation was Shayera. Also, what's with the hawks? Are they Thanagarians or gods? How are they reincarnated?

Their relationship is always one of reincarnation but they do not look the same.

This is a difficult question that DC has basically never fully explained as far as I know. They batted around all sorts of shit, especially during the 90s & none of it made any sense. Half of Rann-Thanagar Holy War was a continuation of Mystery in Space (That "gem" that nobody read) & the rest was TRYING to figure out all the Hawkman bullshit or at least point out there's TONS of it.

>WMBF
>what a great guy, he's really helping her out by dating her

>BMWF
>wow that woman must be damaged goods

Being a white male is fucking awesome.

In Legends Chay-Ara and Khufu were ancient Egyptians who were mutated by Nth metal to become Thanagarian-like hybrids and simultaneously cursed to reincarnate indefinitely and get murdered by Hath-Set/Vandal Savage in every lifetime

In JLU Shayera was a Thanagarian cop/sleeper agent sent to prepare for the Invasion. Carter was a human who thought they were the reincarnations of Chay-Ara and Khufu.

>Jax X Stein
Do not mess with my OTP

Wouldn't that depend on whether the guy was an "oreo" or we have dropped that pretense now?

Why would that even come into play? BMWF sticks out like a sore thumb and agitates people because it's unnatural at its core. WMBF makes sense because it's only natural that a woman of any race would seek out the person of higher social status.

The thing you have to remember is that the Hawks were such a mess of conflicting origins that at one point DC actually said nobody could use them until editors sorted the shit out.

Wouldn't oreos have a higher social status anyway by being assimilated members of society?

Make me.

Why is everything a fucking agenda? Can't somebody just like the occasional slice of dark chocolate without some fuckstick raising a fuss over it?

>the occasional slice of dark chocolate
That would be fine, but this metaphorical slice of dark chocolate is anything but occasional - it's the appetizer, all 3 courses, dessert, and breakfast the next morning. I'm sick of this dark chocolate, and I don't want to see any more until next Easter.

>(why don't they just send Iris into Earth 2 for like a day or four?)
Savitar could exit the speedforce despite being imprisoned there, you really thing he can't travel to other Earths?

Well they seem have nailed it down to concrete that SAVITAR WILL KILL IRIS AT EXACTLY THIS TIME & PLACE, so I mean...sure? I mean, the Speed Force is basically magic anyhow

The thing is that this show doesn't do a good job of writing things in a way that avoids these kinds of questions. In many stories there are plotholes but the threat can still be convincing enough that you don't wonder why they don't just do x instead, but the writers here don't realize that they have failed to sell the audience on the basic premise of the danger. We're just supposed to buy in at face value.

For all its faults I feel like Supergirl does big threats much better. And she doesn't have to be written like an emotionally fragile idiot every episode who needs a prep talk to take down a normal villain.

>crossboarding

Just stop your life, OP.