If the new Star Wars trilogy turns out to be based on Knights of the old Republic, and is made perfectly...

If the new Star Wars trilogy turns out to be based on Knights of the old Republic, and is made perfectly, how would it rank against the PT, the OT and the NuTrilogy?

Honestly? KotOR>OT>PT>NT

>inb4 Kotor II > Kotor faggots

It won't happen. Let the past die, kill it if you have to.

Kotor II > Kotor

>we never got a KotOR III
>we never got a perfect trilogy
>Revan dies as a raid boss

Back to Sup Forumseddit

>muh Sup Forums hypothetical
go away

you could pretty easily split the first game into 3 acts alone by just retooling some stuff

It's good, but honestly I've become exhausted with superweapons at this point, replace the Star Forge with something simpler like a reenforcing fleet given to Malak by the hidden Sith Empire, the climax of the movie isn't yet another race to destroy a superweapon but a good old slugout fleet battle where the old republic struggles to hold off Malak's armada long enough for the protagonist to defeat him, this demoralizes the Sith fleet and they route.

Assuming they keep the music and sound effects of the OT, the characters are well acted, and there isn't any cringe inducing agenda or characters that exist solely to sell toys, or spectacularly retarded tactical decisions, then I'd love it.

I couldn't rank it above the OT though, OT IS Star Wars, every aesthetic, music, and theme is drawn from it and none will ever quite capture the same pure Star Wars feel.

But make sure to check out our new Star Wars movie! It has the Millennium Falcon, X-Wings, and Tie-Fighters! Also make sure to buy our toys, you'll be able to tell it's them because Yoda and Darth Vader will be on them. LET THE PAST DIE, RIGHT?

That's it. 2-3 planets a movie. It might in practice work out to be a bit like LotR where instead of the One Ring, the party is on a 'road movie' looking for all the pieces of the map.

if they made a kotor movie, the only actor I could see playing revan would be James McAvoy. I don't know anything about the rest of the cast but he's the only actor that I feel would treat the character with the respect it deserves.

But how do you split the acts and what story changes does one make?

The Revan reveal comes at the end of episode 2 for sure

>implying they won't retcon it and make Revan female

It's not as much as a "hypothetical" as you think

TONS of hints have been dropped that the source material for Rian Johnsons new trilogy will be KOTOR

emily blunt would be a good Revan. Honestly seeing how revan appeared in ToR I would be okay with a female revan.

If they do do it I hope they kept Revan male and the Exile female like they should be.

Not that user, but here's how i think you retain the 'twist' : you make Revan 'Carth'.

The character Revan is brainwashed into thinking he is a Republic soldier named Carth Onasi. There is another Jedi pretending to be the brainwashed "Revan", and 'Carth' Revan thinks he is in on a plan with Bastilla to rehabiliate the captured Sith Lord - but that's the other Jedi who's part of the act.

The whole thing would work like SW meets The Truman Show meets Memento. Do it this way and you fool both fans and fanboys who think they see the twist coming

I never thought about it but he would be perfect. If these two did it, it would be absolute kino.

At least it would be partially justifiable since the player CAN make Revan female.

desu i felt like male exile had more interesting gender specific touches int he game

Who would you cast as the exile though? Almost all the female actresses around are terrible.

over 9 hours in paint. R8 my cast.