Wednesday box office 55% lower than TFA's

>wednesday box office 55% lower than TFA's
>barely able to keep up with Rogue One

*breathes in*

honestly even if the movie wasn't bad, it's doomed to underperform due to its crazy long run time

like seriously who would sit through this movie more than once even if you liked it? it's so fucking long

NOOOOOO
IT'S THE FAULT OF THE ALT-RIGHT AND THEIR RUSSIAN PUPPETMASTERS

TLJ IS THE BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

bruh

look at this duuude

It's going to do less than R1, the absolute state of Disney.

It will make more than Rogue One

Look at the top of his head!

>no legs

Not even a billion.

Nigger even if it dropped 80% this weekend it would still end up making over a billion

NO PUTIN NO

>JUST
RUSSIA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>movie is performing worse than the first Star Wars movie in a decade
>it's the middle entry in a trilogy

I really doubt Disney is sweating here

this. maybe a bit disappointed, and certainly annoyed about the RT audience score and associated controversy, but nothing more

It's the BvS of Star Wars.

Пoшёл нaхyй. Mы нe винoвaты в тoм, чтo вы хyёвыe фильмы cнимaeтe.

This

It will make tons of money but will lead to enough lost potential and brand damage that there will be major shakeups going forward

Also
It made $18.1m yesterday, thats a 7% increase from the previous day which is pretty bad considering all kids are off school. Rogue 1 had a 12.1% increase

Give it a few of days and its going to be making less that Rogue 1 per day at this pace
That's far from what they wanted

no legs, jerry. it has no legs!

I can't fucking wait for all the memes that Star Wars is going to produce now that everything is almost certainly doomed to disaster from here on out.

Hope you guys like think tank movies. The mixed reception is gonna scare Disney into no longer letting directors create a movie. The rest of the Star wars franchise is gonna be made by a committee of people, and is gonna be forgettable garbage like the marvel movies.

It would never make as much as TFA did, even Disney isn't crazy enough to think that, but if TLJ makes less than Rogue One after it leaves theaters, people WILL be fired and things will change for IX and beyond. They'll still be shit, but of a different kind.

BURNING WEINSTEIN WAS A MISTAKE

LET THE REIGNS OFF
LET HIM FREE
LET HIM RAPE

RAPIST UPRISING WHEN

ROASTY HOLCAUST SOON

NOOOO
ITS NOT FAIR FELLOW MICKEYS
CURSE YOU DRUMPFFFFFFF

It will be interesting to see if the audience is really behind this over the Christmas weekend. If it fails then this weekend then its over for SW.

add youngfags were a mistake

Maybe it will just force them into hiring good writers and directors instead

That's wishful thinking. But we both know they're not gonna do that.

>and certainly annoyed about the RT audience score and associated controversy
they're shitting themselves because the brand has been damaged across all demographics

>Hope you guys like think tank movies.
>The rest of the Star wars franchise is gonna be made by a committee of people
how stupid can one youngfag be?

You tell me, youngfag

This felt like the committee movie yet
Just a brainstorm of ideas thrown at the screen
Humor felt like it came from GOTG cutting room floor

>Episode 8 is ONLY going to make a billion dollars

LMAO WE DID IT! Those fucking kikes will think TWICE before messing with us again. :D

>us

Needs more old people to be successful with kids. Kids really love watching old people who are one step from kicking the bucket as far as I know.

What is lotr

Keed in mind they have to return that 4 billion initial investment before they technically even start making money on SW

I'll let you in on a secret kid, that's how all the disney wars movies have been made.

>bring back luke
>epic conclusion to TFA
>cant even beat the one off Rogue One

what's episode ix going to be about mouse

I thought the opposite. Just one guy throwing ideas all over the place and no one to reel it in. The humor was most likely committee choice but I appreciated that there wasn't a lot of it.

So nothing changes?

YASSS DIDNEY SHAREHOLDERS

WE DID IT

WE BARELY BROKE EVEN ON THE FILM

THAT’S ALMOST AS GOOD AS MAKING PROFIT

Oh how naive of you little boy. Disney took a chance with this one. R1 and ep7 were committee. This was Rian for a good chunk of it.

>within spitting distance of a movie everyone called a disappointment
>it's your flagship trilogy

J U S T

How long until the trilogy they gave Rian is gone to a new director?

One thing people dont consider is that it opened in more theaters than TFA and Rogue One. If you count that in, it is probably doing worse than R1 atm.

They paid 4 billions for this franchise and even TFA only made half a billion back in net profit. Not to mention the good will around it is basically dead now

>>it's the middle entry in a trilogy
>
>I really doubt Disney is sweating here

Hey dumb cunt. I see you're selling that "sequels are expected to do worse" meme. People aren't buying.

The dropoff is catastrophic.

TLJ is 10 million off TFA's SECOND WEEK, every day.

>it might be shit but you should like it anyway

no

It's for the greater good. Eat your shit and ask for more.

>he thinks ANY blockbuster isn't made by a committee
>he thinks test screenings aren't a universal practice in hollywood

>Disney into no longer letting directors create a movie
>Disney
>no longer letting directors create a movie
>no longer
I swear shills are getting dumber by the hour

You're off your projections by 50%.
>But we still made money.
I invested to see a return, you underdelivered by 50%. I've lost money.
>But look at this large number. It is large.
Do you understand that I could have invested in something far better, and you promised to deliver a solid entry in a can't-miss franchise, I'm expecting a gigantic payday, how the fuck did you fuck this up?
>But.. it made money. Making money = good.

Globally, almost certainly. Right now it has $573,710,009 worldwide. But if trends continue it will soon begin making less per day than Rogue One made per day, which is bad (for them). Overall it's hard not to call this a failure, but Disney has heavy support in the media so the fireworks won't be as spectacular as they should be.

They gave Rian the wheel with this one. Sure there might have been executive interference but there's no denying he had a lot of control

>Nigger even if it dropped 80% this weekend it would still end up making over a billion

Rogue One made over 1 billion and is considered a disappointment.

Why do you brainlets even try to understand economics? Delivering modest success in a brand with this amount of recognition and a 4 billion dollar brand buy isn't good enough. Marvel is getting smash hits from literally-who characters.

They've built up an empire on the backs of second-rung names.

Not managing to knock it out of the park with Star Wars is shockingly bad. I don't invest in the entertainment industry but I'd be fucking furious if I did.

No they didn't
Auteurism in blockbusters hasn't been a thing since the 80s. I mean, unless you're fucking Spielberg or someone of that caliber

>there's no denying he had a lot of control

Because his name is listed twice? Do you know how producer meddling even works? Kathleen is the engine behind these movies and the choices they make.

You think it's just a coincidence her movies are filled with clones of her?

ITS OGRE

>he doesn't know

>Hey guys let's take a risk drag Luke through dirt. Fans will love that
You really think a committee would make that choice? That was all Rian, bby

>it's a younfag displays his ignorance episode.

>believing this

>They gave Rian the wheel with this one.
as long as it fit with Kennedy and the story group

b-but its just alt righters! I'm sure it has nothing to do with one of our actors being very public about how garbage the movie is!

>It's a smug poster thinks he knows it all episode

Kennedy did the same to Han in TFA. You've still not realised that desecration of these characters is deliberate? They brought them back to humiliate and break them - to sever ties with what Star Wars once was so that they can mould it in their own image. The old fanbase is an afterthought to them. They're completely single minded in conquering new demographics.

>>Hey guys let's take a risk drag Luke through dirt. Fans will love that
>You really think a committee would make that choice?

No, here's how it was sold.

"People are too focused on these old characters, we want the focus on our new characters. People didn't care that we killed off Han Solo, they won't care if we kill off Luke."
>"Okay but I want to keep some strong female characters."
"Okay we can keep Leia on behind the scenes."
>"Oh and I want her to have a force moment, because she's a strong force user too"
"O-okay. We'll do that."
>"I want her to do something nobody else has done to show how strong she is".

>That was all Rian, bby

The blame game has already started. This is a good talking point. Blame Rian, he's already gone. Promise JJ will save it. Promise it will all pay off in the end.

You just need to get the dumb fucks into the theatres again one more time.

Hey, promise Luke will show up again too. He can be a force ghost and say "you don't need my help, you're stronger than I ever was" to Rey, who will be the bestest Jedi who ever existed and heal the universe by being a strong independent woman.

Rian Johnson moved out to where Kennedy lives when he wrote the script. It's amazing that you think the biggest media megacorp in the world let some guy come in and make huge decisions on their prized asset all by himself.

Hmm, haven't thought of it like that before. But would a committee really be in the mind set to fuck around with recognizable characters for the sake of the new ones? Wouldn't they want to capitalize on the older ones?

>They're completely single minded in conquering new demographics.

the worst part is that the demographics they're trying to attract are tumblr progressive sjws. people who won't be anywhere near as loyal or fanatical about star wars as the old fanbase.

Obviously a coincidence. Here have some Kool aid

They have already made their money back in merchandise alone.

I wonder if these kids watch pewdiepie, will they be "he says it a bad movie, i will watch it on bluray" or "Its bad, i have to watch it by myself"

Every time that image is posted, it's always by a retard.

Star Wars toys sell like shit nowadays son, every Finn figure you don't sell is a cost and brings the profit down.

yes, also keep in mind pewdiepie was fired from disney, so he's not gonna pull punches with them.

>But would a committee really be in the mind set to fuck around with recognizable characters for the sake of the new ones?

They don't care and/or understand how attached people were to someone like Luke. They're not empathetic or creative people, they're leeches trying to make money quickly. It's the movie equivalent of flipping a house. They think Star Wars fans love the brand, rather than the characters. And to an extent they're right, at least about some people. Kennedy has been to all those conventions in the last 3 years. She knows how malleable a lot of the fans are, and that if you slap the Star Wars logo on something they'll invariably buy it. Bringing back Luke and Han was a cheap ploy to make as much money from TFA as possible. Now it's time to get rid of them and power forward into more "enlightened" territory.

>pulling your reactions from google

Some guy said there was a buy one get four free deal in america for SW toys.
I've never seen that in my life is that usual in america?

user this is objectively false, I work at LEGO and we sell the fuck out of our star wars sets, hell the new falcon is sold out until the new year

children buy em, manchildren buy em, SW is still fucking huge merchandise wise

Also the 'urban' market. Also latinos. Also East Asians.

Legos a different product to the rest of the star wars junk. Legos always popular.

90% of those monday movies are right next to a major holiday or on a holiday weekend. you guys are grasping at fucking straws.

the big test for TLJ is this weekend and next week when people are off work and kids are out of school. before then it's retarded to say whether or not it's a failure.

>Not pulling your reaction images from Google
boskeletonrp

Christmas is in a few days, loads of people are off work and school. Word of mouth is killing this movie and it's only going to get worse over the weekend.

in fact i would bet anyone here that TLJ makes more this upcoming monday 12/26 than it did last monday.

nobody is off work and school in the US, which is the only country that matters.

christmas eve is on a saturday and xmas is on a sunday so kids don't get off school until next week and most adults take next week off not this week.

YOU FUCKED UP NOW user

>less than Shrek 2
>more than $100M less than TFA by the same point
Someone is getting fired over this

bo”skeleton”rp

I'm saying, star wars in particular is incredibly popular, much moreso than the other sets.

Other toy stores and online merhcants are seeing the same sorts of sales.

Actually a lot of people in the U.S. get one week and longer breaks at Christmastime, I guess just not at whatever salt mine you toil in.

BRING IT

I've been off work since tuesday, people have to travel home you know. Most people have days off this week

>bringing back luke and han was a cheap ploy
It's the equivalant of clickbait in a movie

>Fan Backlash Is a Good Thing

>But would a committee really be in the mind set to fuck around with recognizable characters for the sake of the new ones? Wouldn't they want to capitalize on the older ones?

You're thinking like a person, not the head of a film studio. Read the Sony emails, really do it. Not articles talking about them, read the actual emails.

When you read them you find out exactly what kind of people you're dealing with. Spiderman needs to listen to EDM because some guy thinks that's what the kids are down with, and Spiderman needs to appeal to current age group 10-29.

Spiderman also needs to use Snapchat. It has a "VIP feeling" because it's invite only. This is a huge market, and that's why Spiderman needs to use it. We're really got our thumb on the millennial market pal.

Next try to read Amy Pascal's emails. SHE WRITES LIKE AN actual INSANE PRESON compleet with misSPLings!!!1111 And she's the force behind shit like Ghostbusters.

Really makes you think.