Someone explain why they give one of the biggest movies of the decade to some guy who has like 5 films on his belt?

Someone explain why they give one of the biggest movies of the decade to some guy who has like 5 films on his belt?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He takes orders.

I wonder if he would've made a very good Star Wars film if Kathleen Kennedy had nothing to do with it.

He doesn't even have 5 films,, he made Brick and brothers bloom, 2 small indie films. i only watched brick and it is utter garbage. He also made the worst Breaking Bad episode and then they gave him SW and he took a shit on it. Don't worry about his trilogy, consider it cancelled.

>brick
>bad
pleb spotted

Ozymandias was the best episode in the series you pleb

To be fair he did also make Looper, but that was an absolute failure of a movie.
The Fly episode is unwatchable too. Guy's fucking terrible.

>absolute failure of a movie.
>made 176 million on a 30 million budget
>a failure

They gave the guy Star Wars because he knows how to make money.

I've only seen Looper, but that would suggest not.

>Ozymandias
>Shit
You need to go back

A failure as in a bad movie, dumb dumb. It failed to be good, which was really disappointing. Which should have been a warning as to what TLJ would turn out.

Brick is pure trash, one of the most cringeworthy flicks ever made. Cartoons for children have more subtlety in their now obligatory noir movie reference episodes.

Only seen Brothers Bloom of those, it was cringey indie shit. It also was just weird in a similar distinct way as TLJ

It wasn't bad. It wasnt great either but it wasnt bad. Before it was announced the Rian Johnson was doing SW, people just shit on it because they hated the makeup used to make JGL look like Bruce Willis. After it was announced he was making ep 8, everyone started picking Looper apart for every little thing

Fpbp. They probably wanted to fire him half way through too but thought better of it.

Because now Kathleen Kennedy at the helm to direct whole project, looking for someone very corroborative rather than a guy who curries the band wagon all by himself.

And i honestly though this guy would never be heard from again...

>starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

>Don't worry about his trilogy, consider it cancelled.

I should think so. It's like Disney was organising a dinner party and Rian took a subversive shit in the punch.

This. And he had some similar opinion as kathleen.
They gave him a blank paper, but i guess he had some have-to-be-in-it list. And giving someone a blank paper doesnt mean, they dont correct it after he presented it.

>Putting my alu helmet on
I bet after the critic of TFA, they said we will do the opposite. And make it awkward on purpose so all fans are happy with every mediocre film afterwards. Now every fan will say "its an ok film, but at least its not like TLJ, yeah team Disney thanks for hearing my critisism"

Can't speak for others, but I really am done with Disney's garbage canon after this monumental fuck up. There's no way they can fix this. I honestly have zero interest in Episode IX and wouldn't even waste my time watching a pirated version.

fpbp

He deserves blame, but ultimately he's a yes-man who proudly admitted to consulting closely with Kathleen Kennedy and Kiri Hart's Story Group.